Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microneedling for hair loss during CLL?  (Read 909 times)

finertoga

Microneedling for hair loss during CLL?
« on: November 13, 2023, 12:39:01 AM »

Hi all,

I am curious if it is ok to microneedle your scalp during the lengthening period? For those that don't know, microneedling is done on the scalp about once weekly, where you essentially "prick" the skin with tiny needles to induce hair growth for Male Pattern Baldness sufferers.

Now the reason I'm asking about it, is it essentially works by inducing a wound and then wound healing. During lengthening your body is already working overtime and dealing with a major wound, so I am afraid that inducing another wound on top of that could compromise progress or overstress the body.

Usually It's done once weekly but I can get away with monthly just to maintain my results. Last thing i want is to lose hair during LL but of course LL takes priority  ;D

TheDream

Re: Microneedling for hair loss during CLL?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 01:50:44 AM »

Can you not finish the hair stuff before starting LL?

palm_trees

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 02:38:41 AM »

bro i've been taking fin .25 x3 a week while lengthening and there is no issue. I would also do microneedling as well but its a hassle so ima just wait till I'm fully done with LL. I don't see why microneedling would be an issue, as you are not ingesting any chemicals that may interfere with bone healing. If you are taking fin or min or any chemicals that your body absorbs / ingests, be sure to run it by your doctor that they know of it and to be sure it isn't something that will interfere with you bone growth, but i don't see any reason why these would have any effect. Alcohol and smoking nicotine on the other hand are proven to hinder bone growth and you don't want to risk non-union so those are obvious.

finertoga

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 08:18:37 AM »

Gotcha ya I’m using topical fin but also taking oral min, you know if oral min would be a problem at all? I know it’s a hassle to microneedle but I’m just afraid I’ll lose all my gains from years of doing it consistently.

finertoga

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 08:23:08 AM »

Can you not finish the hair stuff before starting LL?

Unfortunately you don’t “finish”, the treatment must be maintained indefinitely in order for you to keep the hair. So by stopping completely I risk losing all of the gains I made from the treatment itself, although I don’t know how long it would take to lose it. The minimum I would need to microneedle to maintain would be once monthly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up