Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Betz Femurs June 2022  (Read 13095 times)

leonazul99

Dr. Betz Femurs June 2022
« on: June 21, 2022, 12:26:49 PM »

Hello everyone. I am not into long posts or extended diaries. However, I will post my patient experience and progress and I’m happy to answer any questions. I am postop day number 12.

Starting height-169cm
Goal with Betzbone 10-11cm.
Age 39, no health issues.
Wingspan: 172cm
Weight: 86kg
12” nail, initial gap of 6mm
I requested the IT band release.
Great time to do the surgery in Europe now given a strong dollar, around 55k Euros with it band.

I have been discharged from the hospital (St. Ingbert, Krakenhaus) yesterday. I’m spending another week in Germany and then I’m going back to my home country in Latin America.

There is pain but it is quite manageable. I am clicking at 14 clicks a day. They used to suggest 20 clicks a day, but it is now 14 Max.  Each click is 0.052mm.  Walking with crutches, though I can take a couple steps without them.  Sleep can be difficult but I can get in six hours.  My female friend has been here with me the whole time and I highly suggest to bring somebody to care for you with the little things.  What I still cannnot do for myself is put on my shoes.  I will look into something online As I want to be as independent as possible despite the help.

djimbo9

Re: Dr. Betz Femurs June 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 10:24:38 PM »

10-11cm, seriously? I wanna do 9cm femurs with Betzbone and I was told it's gonna be a hard task by some people. I'm younger and around your weight, starting height 173cm. How was the surgery? Can you describe the pain? Also, I thought you start clicking after week 2? Why did they make it 14 clicks max and is it an individual case with you? How are you finding walking with crutches like? Last question, when do you expect to be able to walk almost normally without assistance and without crutches? How long after you're done with lengthening?

Stand taller

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 08:52:31 AM »

Hello everyone. I am not into long posts or extended diaries. However, I will post my patient experience and progress and I’m happy to answer any questions. I am postop day number 12.

Starting height-169cm
Great time to do the surgery in Europe now given a strong dollar, around 55k Euros with it band.

I have been discharged from the hospital (St. Ingbert, Krakenhaus) yesterday. I’m spending another week in Germany and then I’m going back to my home country in Latin America.

There is pain but it is quite manageable. I am clicking at 14 clicks a day. They used to suggest 20 clicks a day, but it is now 14 Max.  Each click is 0.052mm.  Walking with crutches, though I can take a couple steps without them.  Sleep can be difficult but I can get in six hours.  My female friend has been here with me the whole time and I highly suggest to bring somebody to care for you with the little things.  What I still cannnot do for myself is put on my shoes.  I will look into something online As I want to be as independent as possible despite the help.

Congrats on getting the surgery. I did it in January with Dr Betz and just finished lengthening a few days ago. I reached 11,5cm and it took me 158 days. I only clicked 20 clicks a day for a very short while, and most of my lengthening period i did 15 clicks per day. It's gonna be a long distraction time to do 10-11cm, but it is very doable with the right mind set!

Good luck!
Femurs with Dr Betz & Dr Becker 14/01/2022
Starting height: 165cm | Reached height: 177cm
Total lengthening: 11,5cm | Age: Mid 30s
My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69034.0

djimbo9

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 03:01:41 PM »

Congrats on getting the surgery. I did it in January with Dr Betz and just finished lengthening a few days ago. I reached 11,5cm and it took me 158 days. I only clicked 20 clicks a day for a very short while, and most of my lengthening period i did 15 clicks per day. It's gonna be a long distraction time to do 10-11cm, but it is very doable with the right mind set!

Good luck!

Damn, did you really lengthen 11,5?

Stand taller

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 05:22:13 PM »

Femurs with Dr Betz & Dr Becker 14/01/2022
Starting height: 165cm | Reached height: 177cm
Total lengthening: 11,5cm | Age: Mid 30s
My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69034.0

Limbfan2020

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 06:58:33 PM »

@leonazul99

Great decision! Did Dr. Betz say something about your age?

thankscience

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 03:16:19 AM »

Starting height-169cm

Congrats on getting the surgery!

Is there a reason they reduced it down to 14 clicks per day?

leonazul99

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 06:35:34 PM »

10-11cm, seriously? I wanna do 9cm femurs with Betzbone and I was told it's gonna be a hard task by some people. I'm younger and around your weight, starting height 173cm. How was the surgery? Can you describe the pain? Also, I thought you start clicking after week 2? Why did they make it 14 clicks max and is it an individual case with you? How are you finding walking with crutches like? Last question, when do you expect to be able to walk almost normally without assistance and without crutches? How long after you're done with lengthening?

surgery was ok, no issues. The pain was nonexistent with the clicks but now the first couple of clicks on each leg are quite painful. 14 clicks max for all patients.  I was told to “prevent comolications or duck ass.” Clicking starts at post op day #7.  I’m used to walk with crutches now, it is harder to stand up or sit down though if the seating is low and you have to bend down.  Walking normally I assume about six months from now as they recommend crutches for the full lenghening phase. In my case about 4.5 months of lengthening given my goals.

leonazul99

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 06:36:31 PM »

@leonazul99

Great decision! Did Dr. Betz say something about your age?

No.  There was another Betz patient in the room next door who came back for tibias. He was in his mid 60s.

leonazul99

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 06:41:58 PM »

My tibia/femur ratio is almost 83%.  So the lengthening will make it an ideal 80% or so.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2022, 10:08:22 AM »

No.  There was another Betz patient in the room next door who came back for tibias. He was in his mid 60s.

Really? He wanted to be taller at this age or was it a leg discrepancy?

leonazul99

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »

I didn’t ask him for privacy reasons but he appeared around 175 and just started his tibia clicking.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 11:21:11 PM »

hi there, how did you get the it band release by him? he told me once he wouldn't do that.

leonazul99

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »

see my pm

leonazul99

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 05:31:22 PM »

I’m at 1.66cm gained now counting the initial gap of 6mm. Clicking is getting a bit less painful

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 02:04:10 AM »

Hi just saw your diary. Glad your surgery went well!

I've done 10cm and 10.4cm on my legs, and I somewhat regret doing so much as my right leg still needs extensive stretching 1.5 years on. I still have anterior pelvis tilt under the mirror. This can create back problems later on in life.

I would say 9 to 9.5cm is probably the farthest you should go as I've known past patients who did that without too much problems.

Given your age and weight, recovery might be slower as well. You will get a taste of this once you're near 9cm, lengthening will be accompanied by nerve pain and you will atrophy rapidly as the muscles become so tight, there's little room for them to contract.

I understand 180cm is the dream, but 2cm might not be worth a life time of regret.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Bagga

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 01:15:04 AM »

Jus curious
Do Tibias using Betz Nail....how to rotate for the lengthening click at Tibias?
Anyone knows?

leonazul99

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 12:12:20 AM »

At the ankle

Charizard

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 11:27:09 AM »

Jus curious
Do Tibias using Betz Nail....how to rotate for the lengthening click at Tibias?
Anyone knows?

Yeah i wanna see that aswell. Can you shoot a video how you doing your lengthening? Twisting your leg? or ankle?
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

DonBones

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 08:21:19 PM »

Starting height-169cm

Don’t do that much :)
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

akali

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2022, 09:54:46 AM »

That’s really goal! Wow I hope you can do it my brother! But take care of yourself and be careful. Your health is more important!

leonazul99

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 04:04:01 AM »

Will be at 4cm this Monday. Doing well.

thankscience

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 11:28:50 AM »

How is the pain when clicking?

leonazul99

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 07:07:14 AM »

Left was hurting a lot due to poor technique so now I pay physio extra to do my clicks for me.  He is going on vacation for 4 days soon and im traveling to that same city to continue the clicks, lol. Left leg pain down a lot.  Right is painless. Walking well with crutches.  It’s cool adjusting the crutches to be taller as you grow.  8) I enjoy going swimming with my friends here.

On a sidenote, I had a near fall the other day.  I was walking with crutches and  the floor was slippery and the crutch started sliding forward.  I saved myself by using my R leg to stretch forward and hold my weight.  But I overstretched it which caused a micro tear in the R hamstring.  Dealt with the pain for 3 days and now it is almost gone.

I also went clubbing last weekend and was able to navigate the tight spaces without crutches and dance.  Though if you try this, get a VIP table to rest and general space around you. Drinking with all these pain meds does not cause any reaction.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:46:36 AM by leonazul99 »

leonazul99

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 07:07:58 AM »

Thanks!

leonazul99

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2022, 07:13:40 AM »

Succession of 3 clicks. To the side (external rotation) and return to neutral. No pain.

https://youtube.com/shorts/t18hvkksytI?feature=share

leonazul99

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 07:17:00 AM »

“Hi just saw your diary. Glad your surgery went well!

I've done 10cm and 10.4cm on my legs, and I somewhat regret doing so much as my right leg still needs extensive stretching 1.5 years on. I still have anterior pelvis tilt under the mirror. This can create back problems later on in life.

I would say 9 to 9.5cm is probably the farthest you should go as I've known past patients who did that without too much problems.

Given your age and weight, recovery might be slower as well. You will get a taste of this once you're near 9cm, lengthening will be accompanied by nerve pain and you will atrophy rapidly as the muscles become so tight, there's little room for them to contract.

I understand 180cm is the dream, but 2cm might not be worth a life time of regret.”

Also Betz measured wrong and I was at 169.3 working backwards (Betz told
Me 168.5) after measuring myself.  Another pt here also mentioned the measuring differential.
If that happens I will stop at 9cm.  Already have tibias scheduled with Betz.

djimbo9

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2022, 02:47:04 PM »

Leon Azul the GOAT

leonazul99

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2022, 12:20:14 AM »

Still doing well, I have wide leg but am working on it.  IT band is tight despite the release that was done.  No duck ass. Lengthening at 15 clicks a day or 0.75mm daily. Clicks are painless.  Walking without crutches at home.  Xrays looked good with callus growing.  Will hit 6cm gained in 4 days putting me at 175.3. Going for 10-11cm if body allows. Have tibias scheduled for Jan of '23.

balme

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2022, 03:41:24 AM »

Still doing well, I have wide leg but am working on it.  IT band is tight despite the release that was done.  No duck ass. Lengthening at 15 clicks a day or 0.75mm daily. Clicks are painless.  Walking without crutches at home.  Xrays looked good with callus growing.  Will hit 6cm gained in 4 days putting me at 175.3. Going for 10-11cm if body allows. Have tibias scheduled for Jan of '23.
why exactly betz against it band release?

boklecrt

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2022, 12:20:38 PM »

hey buddy boyo i just wanted to congratulate you on your adventure

i know we spoke in your other thread about the "positive experiences" when you told people about your lengthening, but i just wanted you to know that all that time i thought you are born in 99 aka youre early 20s and babbling about the LL to other early 20s guys and girls but now i see youre 39 so obviously your friends and stuff are other 40 year olds

please disregard my observations in that thread, it was meant for a young guy currently fighting for his place among the gen Z crowd, yours is a completely different story, you obviously are chasing a life long dream of finally curing yourself from the curse of manletism with your 2 betz surgeries and women in your age group wouldnt even give a crap anyway since money talks at that age, and it seems by the fact that youre dropping 100+k right into dr Betz's 7th ferrari fund you got that sorted out proper

good luck mate wish you all the best!
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up