Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for a better alternative to LL  (Read 13123 times)

Waiting for a better alternative to LL
« on: October 30, 2015, 12:38:31 PM »

I am probably obssesed over my height more than anyone in the world, but I still think that idea of doing LL is completely crazy. I am not talking about the money, I think height is priceless and $100 is too cheap for 2-3" of permanent increased height. But paying $100 to potentially cripple myself, several months of agonizing pain, a year of lifetime, expected complications post-surgery, loss of athletic mobility, all these for 2-3" of height, I mean is it really worth it?

As a Martial Artist, I most likely will never do this surgery. Probably waiting for a better alternative, I don't know. I find it hard to believe with the advanced technology nowadays, scientists still can't figure out how to inflict growth safely and naturally. They can't even predict the adult height of children accurately.

I know, being statistically average height is priceless. Unlike face that is subjective, you can argue whether someone is good-looking or ugly, but you hardly argue whether someone is tall or short. In my case, I am statistically 4" below average height which means I am officially undeniably short. LL can magically bring me from the "short" territory which is where I am now to normal height.

microman

Re: Waiting for a better alternative to LL
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 01:46:53 PM »

your 167cm right?

then yes it is worth it.

just do 5cm to get to 173, that is a good height, you may be finished in 7-8 months with that gain, that isn't terribly long.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »

I totally understand you, Im 5' 4" and miserable. As you stated hopefully something magical happens but if not I will do LL in January 2017. I just can't stand the fact of living the rest of my life at this height.

Im not greedy in the subject, Im only going to lengthen 6.5-7cm. This will help me move from very short to just short and at 5' 6"-5' 6.5" I could live with that.

chineseguy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 03:09:34 PM »

sorry.   i really wish there is but i belive no alternative to ll i belive until twenty yrs.   i train 泰拳 thai boxing.      it stops me from surgery.  you either do or not  .  should not wait until old.   i am not discourage you.   Iknow how you feel.    i am taller onlythan mom for 3 cm.  if she wear high shoes.   she taller than me.   i feel so sad (尴尬 ).    i dont put me and mom photo in weibo 微博 reason of this.

what if there is alternative but $three million.   are you willing?

while reading . see this dr kojima height increase machine  .   do you belive is real?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:03:12 PM by chineseguy »

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

your 167cm right?

then yes it is worth it.

just do 5cm to get to 173, that is a good height, you may be finished in 7-8 months with that gain, that isn't terribly long.

I know 173 is a good height. I am not worried about the money, I don't mind waiting 7-8 months and I can probably stand the pain. It's the risk of having my legs amputated and not being able to walk again that worries me.

I totally understand you, Im 5' 4" and miserable. As you stated hopefully something magical happens but if not I will do LL in January 2017. I just can't stand the fact of living the rest of my life at this height.

Im not greedy in the subject, Im only going to lengthen 6.5-7cm. This will help me move from very short to just short and at 5' 6"-5' 6.5" I could live with that.

Yeah, it's worth it going from 5'4" which is 1" below average female height to 5'6" which is 1" above average female height.

sorry.   i really wish there is but i belive no alternative to ll i belive until twenty yrs.   i train 泰拳 thai boxing.      it stops me from surgery.  you either do or not  .  should not wait until old.   i am not discourage you.   Iknow how you feel.    i am taller onlythan mom for 3 cm.  if she wear high shoes.   she taller than me.   i feel so sad (尴尬 ).    i dont put me and mom photo in weibo 微博 reason of this.

what if there is alternative but $three million.   are you willing?

while reading . see this dr kojima height increase machine  .   do you belive is real?

Yeah three million is ok, that being said I am willing to pay anything. It doesn't mean I have three million though, I mean I would earn it and if I had it I would spend it.

Would you show me the picture of you and your mother please?

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »

You're quite ignorant, the risk of amputation is almost non-existant. Your athletic ability will take a hit though, but there is a mininimal chance of becoming a cripple or such.

chineseguy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

for privacy no

Uppland.

many hospital before doing ll here in china.    many shut down by government because many cripple after.  you cant say is very low unless by a good doctor

i remeber there is girl in guandong zhuhai who done ll there.  she cripple forver and. cried almost alot

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »

for privacy no

Uppland.

many hospital before doing ll here in china.    many shut down by government because many cripple after.  you cant say is very low unless by a good doctor

i remeber there is girl in guandong zhuhai who done ll there.  she cripple forver and. cried almost alot

Then make sure to visit a proper surgeon. neither Paley nor Guichet have ever had an amputation case and they've done hundreds of operations.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »

Nobody gets crippled, and internals take less than half a year to start walking.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 07:39:49 PM »

You're quite ignorant, the risk of amputation is almost non-existant. Your athletic ability will take a hit though, but there is a mininimal chance of becoming a cripple or such.

Nobody gets crippled, and internals take less than half a year to start walking.

Thanks for telling me that. The keyword in my post there is "most likely", so there's still a small chance that I will still do the surgery. Of course, if I ever do this surgery, I will go to either Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet, either that or not doing at all.

What do you think is more likely to happen, being in a plane crash or ending up crippled after surgery by Dr. Paley/Dr. Guichet?

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

Thanks for telling me that. The keyword in my post there is "most likely", so there's still a small chance that I will still do the surgery. Of course, if I ever do this surgery, I will go to either Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet, either that or not doing at all.

What do you think is more likely to happen, being in a plane crash or ending up crippled after surgery by Dr. Paley/Dr. Guichet?

About the same risk, but I really can't say. Ask about it in the Q&A section.

General consensus is that amputation is the least of your worries, it really is very unlikely.

Thatdude950

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 08:58:54 PM »

Saying "no one gets crippled" is simply not true. Why spread this kind of misinformation?

Has anyone been amputated? No, not that I know of - so yeah, that's rare.

Have patients been left crippled? Yes!! There's plenty of examples once you read enough diaries, it's not uncommon ...

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 12:00:10 AM »

Saying "no one gets crippled" is simply not true. Why spread this kind of misinformation?

Have patients been left crippled? Yes!! There's plenty of examples once you read enough diaries, it's not uncommon ...

Mildly crippled, what they all have in common is lengthening beyond the recommended amount and going to shady doctors. All of them can walk, a small minority can't run.

Genetic_solutions

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 05:53:34 AM »

With a good doctor, proper PT, and a safe amount of lengthening, there won't be any serious problem.
Consider surgery in 2018 with Dr. Paley.

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »

I'll change my sentence.

People who do their research and go to doctors that actually know about LL, and don't do like 10cms+ don't get crippled. Complications can occur anywhere though.

Ghostfish

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »

Hey Bruce

I don't think there will be any other true alternative to LL in 10 or even 20 years. Maybe a better surgery or recovery method could be possible but only LL can give you the true height increase. Stem cell therapy is long way to go to be ready for patients who have serious bone defects. I think it won't be available for cosmetic ll for a serious period of time even after it becomes possible for patients I described above.

I think if you desire to be taller, do ll with one of highly respected doctors within the safe range.  Then you should be fine overall.

Cheers,   

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 05:15:41 AM »

Hey Bruce

I don't think there will be any other true alternative to LL in 10 or even 20 years. Maybe a better surgery or recovery method could be possible but only LL can give you the true height increase. Stem cell therapy is long way to go to be ready for patients who have serious bone defects. I think it won't be available for cosmetic ll for a serious period of time even after it becomes possible for patients I described above.

I think if you desire to be taller, do ll with one of highly respected doctors within the safe range.  Then you should be fine overall.

Cheers,

Thanks Ghostfish, I appreciate that. I suspected that too, maybe there will be no alternative to LL in my lifetime at all. But I am still not sure what I am gonna do. I still don't have guts to do LL.

Ghostfish

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 05:22:52 AM »

Hi Bruce

No PAIN! NO GAIN!

That is a life, although some people appear to get a lot without pain.  Unfortunately, those who don't have what they want, they may need to pay some kind of pain (money, time, sacrifice of something you like, or real physical pain). 

As for me, I am much older than you.  But I will do what I can to get what I want, no matter how hard it is.  LL is one of things I really want in my life.

Think about it.

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 06:37:07 AM »

Hi Bruce

No PAIN! NO GAIN!

That is a life, although some people appear to get a lot without pain.  Unfortunately, those who don't have what they want, they may need to pay some kind of pain (money, time, sacrifice of something you like, or real physical pain). 

As for me, I am much older than you.  But I will do what I can to get what I want, no matter how hard it is.  LL is one of things I really want in my life.

Think about it.

So when are you going to do LL and how old are you now?

I can probably take the pain, I can give my time and money, but I still can't take the risk of not being able to walk again for the rest of my life.

Why do you think there will be no alternative for the next 10 or 20 years?

microman

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »

I can probably take the pain, I can give my time and money, but I still can't take the risk of not being able to walk again for the rest of my life.

no there wont be, and please stop saying crap like 'i don't want to do this as i might not walk again'.

you've said it multiple times now, and we have said there has been no case of such a thing happening.

however there are many cases of people being hit by a bus while going outside, stands to reason walking around outside is more dangerous than LL since no one has died or been crippled during LL given the immobility.

Penguinn

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »

So when are you going to do LL and how old are you now?

Nobody that went to a decent doctor has not been able to walk after LL. The risk still exists, but it's extremely minor. You'd probably be more likely to be in a car accident.. will you never sit in a car again?
You do bear the risk of complications though.

You can't ask someone to prove the negative. Why do you think there will be an alternative? Are there scientists or researchers actively working on height increasing methods? I don't think it's their top priority and we've had no news of anything. The situation might even get worse, since many qualified doctors may retire in the next 10-20 years.
Also how old are you? Wouldn't you want to enjoy the new height for the next 20 years, instead of be taller 20 years later?

no there wont be, and please stop saying crap like 'i don't want to do this as i might not walk again'.

you've said it multiple times now, and we have said there has been no case of such a thing happening.

however there are many cases of people being hit by a bus while going outside, stands to reason walking around outside is more dangerous than LL since no one has died or been crippled during LL given the immobility.
I agree fully.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 12:48:27 PM »

Nobody that went to a decent doctor has not been able to walk after LL. The risk still exists, but it's extremely minor. You'd probably be more likely to be in a car accident.. will you never sit in a car again?
You do bear the risk of complications though.
You can't ask someone to prove the negative. Why do you think there will be an alternative? Are there scientists or researchers actively working on height increasing methods? I don't think it's their top priority and we've had no news of anything. The situation might even get worse, since many qualified doctors may retire in the next 10-20 years.
Also how old are you? Wouldn't you want to enjoy the new height for the next 20 years, instead of be taller 20 years later?
I agree fully.

Yeah bro, I will give it a second thought and in the meantime, I am doing a lot of research on LL and saving money.

I'm a few months shy of 23 and yes, of course I'd like to fix it as soon as possible.

Penguinn

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »

Yeah bro, I will give it a second thought and in the meantime, I am doing a lot of research on LL and saving money.
Good luck.

I'm a few months shy of 23 and yes, of course I'd like to fix it as soon as possible.
Yeah, your priorities will probably change in your 30s and 40s anyway.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 10:08:16 PM »

If money's not an issue, then go with the better doctors who have a good safety record. That will reduce your risks significantly. What you should really worry about is losing about half a year of your life being confined to a wheelchair. What you should also worry about is whether being taller will make you happier. The question you should ask yourself is whether you're doing it for yourself or doing it for someone else.

If you're doing it for someone else, you might regret the decision, because you'll soon realize that it wasn't worth the $100k, and 6 months of pain/disability, and loss of flexibility and athleticism. All that stuff can be gained back, but at expense of your wasted youth - assuming that you do it during your prime years. And those prime years, you'll never get back once they're gone. I'd recommend that people either do LL when they're in their teens while they're still growing, so that they can heal faster. Or when their prime years are over, because life is more enjoyable when your legs are at 100% working condition.

You know what would make you happier? Spending that $100k to go on vacations and exploring the world. To go Asian countries where your height is a bit more average. Go travel and enjoy your life with your perfectly good working legs. It sucks being confined to a wheelchair. You feel like a prisoner of your own body. There's so many things I can't do without my legs.

Lastly, getting taller isn't going to magically make people like you more. That's why you should ask yourself if you're doing it for other people or for yourself. You'll be disappointed if you were doing it for other people. You might even regret it, because you put yourself through so much pain for the entertainment/pleasure of others. When you can truly stop caring about what others think of you, and you still want to do LL, then I'd say that you're ready. A lot of young people care too much about what others think of them - especially those who care so much about how many "likes" they get on social media. They haven't yet learned that other people only care about themselves mostly. If one or two people don't like you for your height, then just ignore them. The truth is that you can't get everyone to like you. If it's not your height that they don't like, it'd be something else. There's always something that someone will not like about you, and the sooner you learn to accept it, the sooner you can move on and be happy with who you are.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Thatdude950

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 03:15:29 AM »

If money's not an issue, then go with the better doctors who have a good safety record. That will reduce your risks significantly. What you should really worry about is losing about half a year of your life being confined to a wheelchair. What you should also worry about is whether being taller will make you happier. The question you should ask yourself is whether you're doing it for yourself or doing it for someone else.

If you're doing it for someone else, you might regret the decision, because you'll soon realize that it wasn't worth the $100k, and 6 months of pain/disability, and loss of flexibility and athleticism. All that stuff can be gained back, but at expense of your wasted youth - assuming that you do it during your prime years. And those prime years, you'll never get back once they're gone. I'd recommend that people either do LL when they're in their teens while they're still growing, so that they can heal faster. Or when their prime years are over, because life is more enjoyable when your legs are at 100% working condition.

You know what would make you happier? Spending that $100k to go on vacations and exploring the world. To go Asian countries where your height is a bit more average. Go travel and enjoy your life with your perfectly good working legs. It sucks being confined to a wheelchair. You feel like a prisoner of your own body. There's so many things I can't do without my legs.

Lastly, getting taller isn't going to magically make people like you more. That's why you should ask yourself if you're doing it for other people or for yourself. You'll be disappointed if you were doing it for other people. You might even regret it, because you put yourself through so much pain for the entertainment/pleasure of others. When you can truly stop caring about what others think of you, and you still want to do LL, then I'd say that you're ready. A lot of young people care too much about what others think of them - especially those who care so much about how many "likes" they get on social media. They haven't yet learned that other people only care about themselves mostly. If one or two people don't like you for your height, then just ignore them. The truth is that you can't get everyone to like you. If it's not your height that they don't like, it'd be something else. There's always something that someone will not like about you, and the sooner you learn to accept it, the sooner you can move on and be happy with who you are.

Great post.

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 06:40:59 AM »

I probably won't lose half a year of my life, I will try to use the time to read books enhancing my knowledge, improve my languages, etc.

There's no doubt in my mind that being taller will make me happier and I am definitely doing it for myself. Who benefits if I look better? Who benefits if women find me more attractive? Who benefits if I am perceived as more dominant and capable? Who benefits if more jobs and promotions are available for me?

You're telling me to go to Asian country to party with short Asian people? I am literally living in a South East Asian country and planning to move to some western country. That's why I need height even more. Even here, I am already quite short.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »

I probably won't lose half a year of my life, I will try to use the time to read books enhancing my knowledge, improve my languages, etc.
You won't be able to. You'll be so busy with PT and pain and stretching, that you won't have the mental capacity or time to do those things. Unless you plan on not doing PT multiple times a day. Then maybe you'll get work done. But not doing PT means that you'll recover way slower. I thought I could get work done during lengthening. It was not at all easy to get any work done. It's hard to focus when your legs are throbbing in pain and/or you're drugged up on powerful pain meds.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 02:53:37 PM »

You won't be able to. You'll be so busy with PT and pain and stretching, that you won't have the mental capacity or time to do those things. Unless you plan on not doing PT multiple times a day. Then maybe you'll get work done. But not doing PT means that you'll recover way slower. I thought I could get work done during lengthening. It was not at all easy to get any work done. It's hard to focus when your legs are throbbing in pain and/or you're drugged up on powerful pain meds.

Ok, I lose 6 months of life for a better life of another 60 years. I think it's worth it.

What I am worried is the risk and expected complication, permanent loss of athletic mobility.

Penguinn

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »

I think you said you were 5'7 or 5'8?
That's not at all short for an Asian country. Average at the least..good luck anyway on growing taller. :)

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »

I think you said you were 5'7 or 5'8?
That's not at all short for an Asian country. Average at the least..good luck anyway on growing taller. :)

I said 5'6" (technically 5'5.75")

Penguinn

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

I said 5'6" (technically 5'5.75")

Oh yeah, that's kinda short.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up