Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Going from 6" to 6'3-6'4" with quadrilateral lenghtening  (Read 7163 times)

Sky is the Limit

Going from 6" to 6'3-6'4" with quadrilateral lenghtening
« on: October 30, 2022, 07:16:21 PM »

Hello!

I am 183-184 cm tall. This equals 6 ft - 6 ft 0.5 inches. I am planning on doing a quadrilateral lengthening of both my femurs and tibias at the same time. The plan is to lengthen the femurs with around 5.5-6 cm and the tibias with around 4-4.5 cm, with a total of 10 cm. These numbers are rough estimates. The lengthening ratio between the femurs and tibias may still be adjusted in accordance to the present ratios of the current lengths of my bones.

The best alternative would be to lengthen my femurs with STRYDE/Precise nail and the tibias with the LON method. The reason why I want to do quadrilateral lengthening is to keep my biomechanics as intact as possible, which, in turn, would also be beneficial for preserving my athletic ability as much as possible.

Since I have a good base to start from, I think that a quadrilateral lengthening procedure with the lengthening amounts I am planning to do (10 cm max) can be performed quite safely. As soon as I have allocated the financial base for my lengthening procedure, I am ready to go through with the whole thing.

What are your thoughts on doing quadrilateral lengthening for a person with my height and height goal? Are there anyone else like me who are planning to do the same kind of lengthening?

Thanks!

Bongbee

Re: Going from 6" to 6'3-6'4" with quadrilateral lenghtening
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »

Where are you planing to do this surgery brother

Bcole

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 07:44:38 PM »

Hello!

I am 183-184 cm tall. This equals 6 ft - 6 ft 0.5 inches. I am planning on doing a quadrilateral lengthening of both my femurs and tibias at the same time. The plan is to lengthen the femurs with around 5.5-6 cm and the tibias with around 4-4.5 cm, with a total of 10 cm. These numbers are rough estimates. The lengthening ratio between the femurs and tibias may still be adjusted in accordance to the present ratios of the current lengths of my bones.

The best alternative would be to lengthen my femurs with STRYDE/Precise nail and the tibias with the LON method. The reason why I want to do quadrilateral lengthening is to keep my biomechanics as intact as possible, which, in turn, would also be beneficial for preserving my athletic ability as much as possible.

Since I have a good base to start from, I think that a quadrilateral lengthening procedure with the lengthening amounts I am planning to do (10 cm max) can be performed quite safely. As soon as I have allocated the financial base for my lengthening procedure, I am ready to go through with the whole thing.

What are your thoughts on doing quadrilateral lengthening for a person with my height and height goal? Are there anyone else like me who are planning to do the same kind of lengthening?

Thanks!

I would say max 2.5". You'll be in the golden zone for height (The truest chart known to man is the bodybuilding Manlet chart idc what anyone else says). But you can go 4" if you think it's necessary, but after 6'2 I think you won't find a great advantage.

google42

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 07:53:21 PM »

Idk if it would be worth it doing this surgery at your height especially doing 10cm. You’re at a good height, above average, so it doesn’t make sense to me as why you want this surgery.

Anyways I would stick to doing one surgery. I don’t remember anyone at your height doing this surgery, I think the tallest I’ve heard of is that one guy who was 5’11” and went with paley. I remember paley mentioning it somewhere maybe on his website.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 07:55:05 PM »

I think its ridiculous you're taking time out of your life to get this surgery.  You're already tall.  This is not a physical problem its a mental issue that likely wont be fixed with medical intervention.  Go to therapy and avoid breaking your legs and years of wasted time and money.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 07:59:23 PM »

I am still not sure. Initially I have had the Betz institute in Germany in my mind. However, since I am going to do quite moderate lengthenings in comparison to my initial bone lengths, I am also open to do it in Greece or Turkey. Of course Paley institute would be the best and safest choice.

balme

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »

LOL this surgery getting out of control, but I respect you brother. wish you to best luck.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »

Quadri for 3-4 inches is a bad idea.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 10:45:31 PM »

Would you care to share the reason for this? What is it that is specifically bad about doing quadri for 3-4 inches? I've read that quadrilateral lengthening is a good option if you want to lengthen both segments for no more than 10 cm in total (note that the maximum amount of lengthening (10 cm) is set for people with a much lower starting height). To me, this is the most cost effective alternative in regard to both money and time spent with the lengthening procedure.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 10:56:59 PM »

I live in a Nordic country. A fair good amount of people are on the upper end of the height curve where I live. It has been a dream for me for a very long time now to walk around with a vertical stature height of about 6'3-6'4." Knowing that there is a possibility of correcting my height to what it should be gives me hope. With hope comes happiness.

LothLorien

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 12:05:28 AM »

I am still not sure. Initially I have had the Betz institute in Germany in my mind. However, since I am going to do quite moderate lengthenings in comparison to my initial bone lengths, I am also open to do it in Greece or Turkey. Of course Paley institute would be the best and safest choice.

I'm researching too a place to do my surgery. Betz doesn't do quadrilateral surgery. I don't know Greece.
So in Turkey i spoke with Wannabetaller, LiveLifeTaller, LimbLengtheningCenter, AFA, Lengthening Turkey and Dr Yuksel.
There are only three companies offers quadrilateral surgery in Turkey. Its LiveLifeTaller, LimbLengtheningCenter and Lengthening Turkey.

LiveLifeTaller Dr Halil Buldu:
93,000$ for Precice + LON
Price includes 3 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays and physical therapy.

123,000$ for Precice + Precice
Price includes 3 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays and physical therapy.

LimbLengtheningCenter Dr Serkan Gurcan:
94,000$ for Precice + LON
Price includes 4 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays and physical therapy. (They say its mandatory to stay for 4 months)

119,000$ for Precice + Precice
Price includes 4 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays and physical therapy. (They say its mandatory for stay 4 months)

Lengthening Turkey Dr Fatih Arslanoglu, Dr Mehmet Coskun, Dr Deniz Akbulut:
76,000$ for Precice + LON
Price includes 3 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays, and physical therapy. (They additionally giving 14 days caretaker after surgery)

98,000$ for Precice + Precice.
Price includes 3 months of hotel stay, meds, xrays, and physical therapy. (They additionally giving 14 days caretaker after surgery)

Dreaming to be tall as like an elf..

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 12:47:07 AM »

The risk is that you now have 4 bones pushing fat into your blood stream and into your lungs, which can be deadly (though rarely).  This is why Paley and others dont do both at the same time.  Internal nails always push some amount of fat into your blood.  The nail is like a piston.

Bcole

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 01:18:57 AM »

I kind of have the same plan but I’m only doing 6cm at 5’9 rather than 10cm at 6’. I would say do 6 as well max lol. But it’s up to you. Precice for femur is smart imo, and if you have hair on your legs it can make tibia scarring not as obvious so it’s worth the 20,000 savings. If you’re doing sports at 6’ I don’t really think the surgery is that worth it, you’re obviously tall already. 6cm would get you in perfect male height range, no idea why you would do 10cm.

slowed & reverb

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 01:25:06 AM »

I think i heard Paley saying that fat embolism is crucial only the first 1-2 week after the surgery? So essentially you should be able to do the second segment after 2 weeks post 1st op, thats for example what Giotikas in Greece does.

Also I would like to clarify to you guys, that quadrilateral legthening is being misinterpreted by many surgeons, because they "probably" dont know, that it means breaking 4 bones at the same time in 1 surgery. I asked multiple of them Livelifetaller, Dr Yuksel, Limblegthening Turkey and more.
Apart from Dr Yuksel who explicitly told me, that he is not performing quadri and that you have to wait to get the 2nd surgery after the first segment had been already healed. Literally every other doctor from Turkey told me, that they do it either post healing or lengthening phase of the 1st segment. Nevertheless, many surgeons call it quadrilateral despite performing it 1 by 1.
Also, 10 is reasonable, with quadri you shouldnt push it above 11..

My advice for you is to not do it, especially not in Turkey. Go 1 by 1 after the lengthening phase or 2 weeks post op. I want to do quadri myself in 2-3 years…
Want to get Precice 2 Tibias and Femurs in 2 years 5+4cm

Sambollio

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »

Hello!

Thanks!

I’d strongly advise against quadrilateral. At your height the percentage you are lengthening is lower than someone who is say 5’6”. Percentage lengthened is a far better safety marker than the actual amount lengthened. So you getting 8cm on the femur is most likely far easier than a short man (the irony of LL, the taller you are the less taxing it is). I’ve been on this forum a while and people who want quadrilateral almost always give up after one segment but they always think they will be the exception to the rule. I’d say around 90% or more patients planning on quadrilateral LL stop after they get one segment done. I’d strongly recommend getting to 6’3” through an 8cm femur lengthening.

Also if you are already 6’0.5  or 184 cm 8cm will make you 1cm short of 6’4”. And since most men, even tall ones, exaggerate a little to their height, or a lot in some cases (usually that’s for the shorter guys). I bet a lot of people will think you are an inch taller than you actually are.

AllinStryde

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 07:21:46 PM »

I would advise anyone who is going to do CLL listen to all of Cyborg4Life Youtube channel.  If not every video...at least half of them.  At already 6 feet, you are already tall, Nordic country or not.  You are going to break 4 segments, basically be crippled for a year, will not walk normal for 2 years, be out quarter million dollars, and never have your physical abilities/ athletic abilities be the same again.  If you were 5'2" or something, I would say go for it.  But at 6 feet?  I did this on just the femurs...and it's been just over 3 years, you never get back to normal again.  But best of luck if you do. 

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 07:53:19 PM »

My advice for you is to not do it, especially not in Turkey. Go 1 by 1 after the lengthening phase or 2 weeks post op. I want to do quadri myself in 2-3 years…

This is something to consider. Doing the other segments 2 weeks post op is almost the same as doing them in the same procedure, if one takes into account how long the whole process takes.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 08:18:43 PM »

I’d strongly advise against quadrilateral. At your height the percentage you are lengthening is lower than someone who is say 5’6”. Percentage lengthened is a far better safety marker than the actual amount lengthened. So you getting 8cm on the femur is most likely far easier than a short man (the irony of LL, the taller you are the less taxing it is). I’ve been on this forum a while and people who want quadrilateral almost always give up after one segment but they always think they will be the exception to the rule. I’d say around 90% or more patients planning on quadrilateral LL stop after they get one segment done. I’d strongly recommend getting to 6’3” through an 8cm femur lengthening.

Also if you are already 6’0.5  or 184 cm 8cm will make you 1cm short of 6’4”. And since most men, even tall ones, exaggerate a little to their height, or a lot in some cases (usually that’s for the shorter guys). I bet a lot of people will think you are an inch taller than you actually are.

The main reason for why I would consider quadrilateral lengthening before a bilateral lengthening is to preserve the bio-mechanics and, at the same time, as much as possible of my athletic ability. The bolded part of your text is the main reason why I consider this surgery a good option for people with a higher starting height.

I think it's worse to make a huge lengthening in one segment compared to lengthening the same amount divided over two segments. By dividing the lengthening over two segments, you are saving a lot of stress on your soft tissue.

As I am not planning on lengthening any more than 10 cm max in total, the stretching of my soft tissue and muscle will be very minor as the lengthening is not that high percentagewise in relation to my "uncorrected" starting height. The breaking of the bones is not the problem with limb lengthening. Bones heal. But stretching the soft tissue too much is what can cause problems. 

Your last sentence does not sit quite right with me. I don't want to lie to myself by making people perceive me as having more height than I have. My main goal is to have the height which I am striving for, by correcting my height to what it actually should be, i.e. 6'3-6'4."

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2022, 08:26:30 PM »

I would advise anyone who is going to do CLL listen to all of Cyborg4Life Youtube channel.  If not every video...at least half of them.  At already 6 feet, you are already tall, Nordic country or not.  You are going to break 4 segments, basically be crippled for a year, will not walk normal for 2 years, be out quarter million dollars, and never have your physical abilities/ athletic abilities be the same again.  If you were 5'2" or something, I would say go for it.  But at 6 feet?  I did this on just the femurs...and it's been just over 3 years, you never get back to normal again.  But best of luck if you do.

How much did you lengthen your femurs?

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2022, 08:41:34 PM »

Allin - how much did you lengthen and how "not normal" are you.  Im a regular runner and Id like to keep it that way even after LL.  Im doing 5CM.

slowed & reverb

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 11:42:27 PM »

No it is not, when you do them at once the risk you get fat embolism is so big, that you might fkin die man. The rods push fat into your bloofstream no longer than 2 weeks post op.

AllinStryde

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2022, 04:07:56 PM »

I did 7 cm.  It does correct, but it just takes forever.  I haven't gone to the gym since I did cll.  5cm, you'll be just fine.  Honestly, 8 is ok...but the healing and rebuilding of the tissues just takes a long time.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2022, 10:25:49 PM »

I did 7 cm.  It does correct, but it just takes forever.  I haven't gone to the gym since I did cll.  5cm, you'll be just fine.  Honestly, 8 is ok...but the healing and rebuilding of the tissues just takes a long time.

The recovery depends to a large part on what your initial "uncorrected" height was prior to the lengthening. In the end, it all comes down to how much lengthening is done percentagewise of the original "uncorrected" length of the bone. If the lengthening is kept under 20 % of the original height, the lengthening can be regarded as safe. Lengthening way under 20 % will most likely preserve most, if not all, of the athletic ability.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2022, 10:47:20 PM »

No it is not, when you do them at once the risk you get fat embolism is so big, that you might fkin die man. The rods push fat into your bloofstream no longer than 2 weeks post op.

Note taken. An easy way to avoid this would be to keep the lengthening of the two different segments apart from each other with a couple of weeks. As I am planning on lengthening my femurs with STRYDE or Precise nail while going with the LON-method for my tibias, I will only have rods in my femurs. But doing the second surgery two or three weeks later will probably in any way minimize any possible complications related to the risk of getting fat embolism.

informationispower

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2022, 10:50:36 PM »

The recovery depends to a large part on what your initial "uncorrected" height was prior to the lengthening. In the end, it all comes down to how much lengthening is done percentagewise of the original "uncorrected" length of the bone. If the lengthening is kept under 20 % of the original height, the lengthening can be regarded as safe. Lengthening way under 20 % will most likely preserve most, if not all, of the athletic ability.

You are aware that a 6' guy has maybe like a 6-10cm longer femur than a 5'4 guy right? The height difference is distributed across the entire body (ankle height, tibias, femurs, pelvis, spine, neck and skull)  not just the leg bones. That means that you can "safely" lengthen like between 0.5-1cm more.

I have spoken with a guy who did 6cm on tibs and went from 164 to 170 and he said that he had the knee height of people who are like 188-190

slowed & reverb

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2022, 11:40:57 PM »

That is a good decision I am planning to do tibias first and after 2 weeks femurs as tibial lengthening and healing takes longer time so i will finish the lengthening basically almost at the same time. Anyways good luck man, choose your surgeon wisely.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2022, 11:52:16 PM »

You are aware that a 6' guy has maybe like a 6-10cm longer femur than a 5'4 guy right? The height difference is distributed across the entire body (ankle height, tibias, femurs, pelvis, spine, neck and skull)  not just the leg bones. That means that you can "safely" lengthen like between 0.5-1cm more.

I have spoken with a guy who did 6cm on tibs and went from 164 to 170 and he said that he had the knee height of people who are like 188-190

I am well aware that the height difference is distributed across the entire body. However, people differ much from each other when it comes to proportions. The range for what is considered to be normal may also vary quite a lot. Since the lengthenings I am planning to do is way under 20 % of my initial bone length (it's actually closer to 10 %), I think the lengthening in itself is, from an overall perspective and in the sense of preserving as much of the athletic ability as possible, quite safe to undergo.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:26:37 AM by Sky is the Limit »

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2022, 12:04:57 AM »

I kind of have the same plan but I’m only doing 6cm at 5’9 rather than 10cm at 6’. I would say do 6 as well max lol. But it’s up to you. Precice for femur is smart imo, and if you have hair on your legs it can make tibia scarring not as obvious so it’s worth the 20,000 savings. If you’re doing sports at 6’ I don’t really think the surgery is that worth it, you’re obviously tall already. 6cm would get you in perfect male height range, no idea why you would do 10cm.

Why would I be satisfied lengthening only 6 (cm?), when I can easily go with a total of 10 cm? Once I am at it, i.e. in the lengthening phase, why not get as much out of it as possible (of course taking into account the safety limits)?

slowed & reverb

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2022, 11:19:49 AM »

what is your wingspan? if its near to 189 you might go for the 10cms easily. For example my wingspan is 185cm, cause my legs stopped growing too early, thats why i can afford to go with 11cms and have wingspan 4cm shorter

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2022, 07:00:14 PM »

what is your wingspan? if its near to 189 you might go for the 10cms easily. For example my wingspan is 185cm, cause my legs stopped growing too early, thats why i can afford to go with 11cms and have wingspan 4cm shorter

My wingspan is relatively the same as my height. However, I don't see this fact as an obstacle to do the lengthening of 10 cm. I still have plenty of room to go for a quadrilateral lengthening of 10 cm with a starting height of 6-6.05", so a few cm in difference between leg-length and arm-length won't matter much.

Sky is the Limit

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2022, 08:42:34 PM »

How long would the recovery approximately be from a quadrilateral lengthening of a total of 10 cm be?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up