Limb Lengthening Surgery > Height & Proportions

What do you all think is the "sane" maximum starting height for LL?

(1/5) > >>

Taller:
Today I had the pleasure of reading the following statement from Sweden:

--- Quote from: Sweden on January 15, 2014, 07:01:52 PM ---There is only one tip a guy needs to date a lot of women - be tall. (Sure, don't be retarded either..
--- End quote ---

This, combined with the fact that the largest group of people to respond to a recently posted height poll were 171 CM and above (average or even above average in most places), led me to really wonder about the social benefits and sensibility of cosmetic LL for those going from average or slightly bellow/above average height to tall. Is it worth it?

Is there a maximum reasonable starting height for those seeking to go through LL for the sole purpose of gaining height (not to improve proportions, that's something else entirely)?

I'd love to hear your views.

Claude:
Sorry i misread the question.
Max height for me is around 173 cm.
But i say there is no real sane height its just in our mind.

By the way did you guys see Apo's thread about a woman suing him ?

jerry:
Max "sane" starting height is 6ft if they are in countries of Denmark, Netherland, USA etc.   If somebody was 6ft2,  why do they need to do LL.?  That's my view.

KiloKAHN:
I don't look at it in terms of a strict number, but this is my view on the subject.

Those who are short have a much greater benefit doing cosmetic lengthening than those who are average height. Short people doing lengthening to become average height or at least less short than they were originally have not only a psychological benefit of doing the procedure, but also a benefit in escaping the discrimination that many short men face. For them, there's a good deal of worth in risking the many potential complications of the lengthening procedure. At the same time, those who are of average height doing cosmetic lengthening to get the benefits of being tall aren't escaping the same social discrimination, rather they're just potentially getting the added social benefit of being a tall person. In that case, I see it as too much risk for such little payoff.

My perspective is probably biased coming from the former category, but when I see people who are average height wanting to get lengthening so they can be one of the privileged tallers, I can't help but think they may have a bit of an ego problem and would do better getting therapy than potentially crippling themselves through cosmetic lengthening.

Also when I'm saying 'short' and 'tall' I'm talking about what's considered short or tall in the person's country of origin, because a person who is short in the Netherlands could be considered tall in many places around the world, like Asia or Central and South America.

Taller:

--- Quote from: jerry on January 15, 2014, 08:34:32 PM ---Max "sane" starting height is 6ft if they are in countries of Denmark, Netherland, USA etc.   If somebody was 6ft2,  why do they need to do LL.?  That's my view.

--- End quote ---

Interesting comment, Jerry. But what about, say, someone 6'2 in the United States wanting to be 6'4? What are your thoughts on that? I'm nowhere near that height, but sometimes I am scared that taller people will begin getting LL too once it becomes better known, which is, of course inevitable. What are other people's views on someone naturally 5'11, 6'0, and 6'1 getting LL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version