Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bag of doubts  (Read 519 times)

Trevor.P

bag of doubts
« on: October 01, 2018, 07:11:02 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here, first of all I say I'm Spanish speaking and I do not speak English well, so I use the translator.

Well I plan to do this operation but in the future, I am 27 years old now. Measuring 168 - 170 centimeters.

The main idea is to make 4 centimeters in femur and 4 centimeters in tibia.

Well, what I do not know is if the operation can be done at the same time. I mean to operate the two femur and the two tibias at the same time.
Not first one leg and then the other.

I hope you are explaining me well.

Thank you.

Sanity

Re: bag of doubts
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 08:01:59 PM »

you will either do femurs first or the tibias, not in tandem.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

TallerDream

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »

I believe you’re being quite modest with your height goals, you can lengthen more per segment.. at least shoot for a couple inches for both segments giving you 4 inches and you can reach 178cm (5’10).
Like above mentioned, you can only lengthen one segment at once and what is recommended for femurs is the internal method where a rod is placed through your bone channel. On the other hand, for tibias the external method seems more viable.
Depending on your financial status, you might do tibias first because it’s cheaper. The internals are very expensive and take years to save that kind of money. There’s the STRYDE nail now that is revolutionising the LL world but few doctors use it, let’s wait for more advancements and see if more doctors adopt it so that the price can lower a bit.

Knik

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »

I believe you’re being quite modest with your height goals, you can lengthen more per segment.. at least shoot for a couple inches for both segments giving you 4 inches and you can reach 178cm (5’10).
Like above mentioned, you can only lengthen one segment at once and what is recommended for femurs is the internal method where a rod is placed through your bone channel. On the other hand, for tibias the external method seems more viable.
Depending on your financial status, you might do tibias first because it’s cheaper. The internals are very expensive and take years to save that kind of money. There’s the STRYDE nail now that is revolutionising the LL world but few doctors use it, let’s wait for more advancements and see if more doctors adopt it so that the price can lower a bit.

if you add the price of 6 month without being able to do anything the price of internals will be about 30k (maybe a bit less if you find a cheap accomodation) at least for 50k for internals (this is the minimum, some doctors ask 100k)
but the difference isn't that big finally
Looking for Pili

Trevor.P

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »

Really with 8 centimeters between both sessions I have plenty (4 femur and 4 warm) and reduce risks that I still do not know ...

What is the reason why it can not be done at the same time?

If I do only femur I would do 7 centimeters and I think it has more risk. I play sports and I would not like to leave it.

On the other hand, what difference does it make to make two segments to only one?

Between segment and segment how much time does it have to spend to continue? I want to say if I first do femur, how much time has to pass to be able to do the tibia.

Trevor.P

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 11:21:41 PM »

if you add the price of 6 month without being able to do anything the price of internals will be about 30k (maybe a bit less if you find a cheap accomodation) at least for 50k for internals (this is the minimum, some doctors ask 100k)
but the difference isn't that big finally

Sorry but I did not understand anything you want to tell me ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up