Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do external fixators feel like (especially during consolidation)?  (Read 320 times)

ReadRothbard

I’ve been considering what method I should do for my first surgery, and I’m heavily leaning towards external tibias. I’m wondering what they feel like after the lengthening stops; does it get to a point where you hardly even notice they’re there, or is there always an uncomfortable feeling/pain until they’re finally removed? I’d appreciate input from anyone who has done pure externals; thank you.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Alija2

• Visitor
Re: What do external fixators feel like (especially during consolidation)?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 01:28:22 AM »

I'm using a TSF 2 months post lengthening and it's obvious that it's there but its not uncomfortable or distracting. I don't think about it unless I want to .

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 01:42:45 AM »

I'm using a TSF 2 months post lengthening and it's obvious that it's there but its not uncomfortable or distracting. I don't think about it unless I want to .

That sounds good. I’m honestly not seeing any huge negatives to just doing pure externals.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 03:48:15 AM »

The wires by the ankles are always gonna be a bitch until the fixators are removed.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 04:05:20 AM »

What are they like?

Future space tycoon

zaozari

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 07:09:11 PM »

Is it possible to try to find very large trousers but still not too ridiculous with the frames on?
Girls may use long skirts but boys....
I ask this because I (we) may want to go to a place where not all people notice and look at you. To go around sometimes, adding to simple movement exercise with crutches, I was thinking of a wheelchair with or without aid, and in a wheelchair you can more easily put for example a small blanket over your legs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 09:45:30 PM »

Is it possible to try to find very large trousers but still not too ridiculous with the frames on?
Girls may use long skirts but boys....
I ask this because I (we) may want to go to a place where not all people notice and look at you. To go around sometimes, adding to simple movement exercise with crutches, I was thinking of a wheelchair with or without aid, and in a wheelchair you can more easily put for example a small blanket over your legs.

Tripp NYC pants might work as long as you don't mind looking like a punk.

zaozari

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 03:48:54 PM »

Can you enter (get into)  a bathtub with external frames if you don't have a normal ground level shower?
Pages: [1]   Go Up