Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportion between arm and leg length?  (Read 5596 times)

mrblack

Proportion between arm and leg length?
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:37:43 PM »

Hello! I am new here and I am interested in a limb lengthening. I am starting to get more informations about it and one of my most important questions is whats about the proportion between arm and leg length after a lengthening surgery? I am 172cm and my arm span is 170 cm. I want to increase my height to ca. 10 cm. I asked a doctor who does lengthening surgeries whether it could appear a problem with wrong arm/leg proportions after a leg lengthening but he said that does not attract attention. He said seemingly shorter arms after a leg lengthening have never been an aesthetic problem in his cases. The only proportion problem arises beetween upper leg and lower leg if you lengthen very much but this also does not attract attention as long as you are not nked or wear a string thong ;-) I want no bad proportions and thats why I think about lengthening both, upper and lower legs, although I know its much more effort and costs sadly more money. 

What to you think about it? Sorry my English is not perfect but I try my best ;-) Thank you for replies!

aspirant185

Re: Proportion between arm and leg length?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:08 AM »

I agree with you doctor that Arm span / total height is seldom a problem. In your case though it seems like it could be one of these cases because your original height is already higher than the arm span. That happens rarely. If I were you, I would lengthen only 6 cm until 178 and stop there. Do that, see your new proportions, see how you feel. At 178, if you like your new self and new proportions, you could have another surgery on the tibia and add 4 cm.
Which doctor do you think about ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Peaceout

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »

If you dont wanna look like a trex then yeah armspan is very important.You wont like your body after exceeding your wigspan like 8-10 cm lol.I dont know what your doctor is thinking.And do some research about this whole thing before deciding to have 12345 surgeries please.Soon its gona be like people will come here,register and post:"Hey guys i heard about this thing and i wanna get this and also i would like to lengthen my penis and my ears.I know this is hard but i can handle it.." No offence but read something on this forum and you can decide later.

mrblack

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:46:59 AM »

First I want to point out that I have NOT yet decided anything but I am only interested in the topic. So please relax and believe me that I am not one of these guys with hasty reactions who act without thinking and are willing to take too many risks. I want to read everything what could be important for me and I am glad that a forum like this exists.

What both of you say corresponds with my thoughts and concerns. I visited a doctor in Germany and talked with him about limb lengthening and asked him also about the arm span and he said it would be no problem but to be honest I am sceptical. Photos of me were taken to simulate my new height on computer but I had to cross my arms first and that seemed a little bit odd to me. I suspect that had to do with arm span proportion. I read now that arm span and total height of most people is nearly the same. And if I increase height about 10/12cm  this could lead to an ulgy T-rex-effect. This makes the situation more complicated. So I have to think and inform myself about arm lengthening, too or accept a lower/smaller height than my desired height. I think 5-7 or maybe 6-8 cm could work because when I wear lift shoes and stand in front of a mirror it does not look bad or unnatural. But of course, I hoped for a litte bit more.

patientdad

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:58:07 PM »

I think 8 cm is the max.

Alu

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »

My basis for getting LL in regards to arm span to height (Ape Index) is that if other people naturally have an Ape Index of -1 or -2 or even -3 inches... then I could pass it as natural and therefore wouldn't have much problems with it.
Considering all of this, I'm going for an Ape Index of -2 and never touching my arms; that ape index is not common but natural so I'm fine with it. It wouldn't be too noticeable; long legs and short torso on the other hand...
Patientdad is correct -3 Ape Index would be a max.

Peaceout

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:01 PM »

My basis for getting LL in regards to arm span to height (Ape Index) is that if other people naturally have an Ape Index of -1 or -2 or even -3 inches... then I could pass it as natural and therefore wouldn't have much problems with it.
Considering all of this, I'm going for an Ape Index of -2 and never touching my arms; that ape index is not common but natural so I'm fine with it. It wouldn't be too noticeable; long legs and short torso on the other hand...
Patientdad is correct -3 Ape Index would be a max.
I guess your goal is 4-4.Am i correct? What is your current height and wingspan?
And also im not gona go more than 4 cm because of my wingspan.Im not even sure if it will be unnoticeable after just -4(cm) ape index.I really hope it doesnt be noticeable. :-\

mrblack

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 01:02:50 PM »

Thanks for your hint with the Ape Index. So in my case (height 172cm, arm span 170) 8 cm are the max, right? More would look like unnatural? The doctor I visited offered me to lengthen only my femur 8 cm, so I dont need a second tibia surgery.  But I think that would look like   if the femur is 8 cm longer than the tibia, dont you think so? I also asked him then whats about 4-5 cm and he said I should not make such an effort and spend much money only because of 4 or 5 cm. But I dont want to look like a Trex, so I suppose 4/4 or 5/3 could be a good choice.

If I wanted an increase of 10/12 cm I would have to make a arm lengthening, too but how much theoretically the arms should be lenghten? Do I need an upper arm and an underarm surgery then? Is it possible to combinate that with a leg surgery? Could it fit/match better, longer legs and longer arms with a shorter torso or is that very noticeable, too?  :-\ I am just asking, not decided anything yet.

Peaceout

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »

8 cm is way too hard for 1 segment.It will be so hard for body.And it will be bad for femur/tib proportion.Imagine you will have 8 cm more longer unnatural femurs.it wont look good.people usually(if they go for 2 segment) split it to two segment.So it doesnt look so bad.But for your situation i really really dont recommend to go more than 5 cm.Your wingspan will be 10 cm shorter after 8 cm femur.It will look really bad.After 5 cm it will be 7 cm i think even 6 7 cm can be noticeable.My goal was 7 cm when i first discovered LL.Now i think like 4 or maybe 5 cm and stop because of my wingspan(same with my height). :-\

Btw for your arm proportion question, there are many people with short torso with long legs AND long arms.So it looks good,not disproportional.

ouroboros

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 06:17:22 PM »

Photos of me were taken to simulate my new height on computer but I had to cross my arms first and that seemed a little bit odd to me. I suspect that had to do with arm span proportion.

This to me sounds like a huge RED flag.  I had the same experience in my consultation..... Although my APE index is +2", I think the doctor's assistant that was doing my mock ups wanted to hide the fact that my arms will look too short..... At the same time, I was directly and indirectly being encouraged to lengthen 10cm on my femurs.  This makes sense from a business point of view because the more you lengthen, the longer time you will likely have to be under the doctor's care, the more money you will spend in "room and board", the more money you will spend on physiotherapy and medications, and there is a greater chance of complications which would result in the doctor making more money. (kickbacks=$$$)

My advice to you is to go see other doctors and do the mock ups yourself with your hands hanging on the side, wearing regular clothes and another set of mock ups wearing a speedo type underwear(no boxers).

mrblack

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:19 AM »

@peaceout - do you mean 5 cm only femur or in total?

@ ouroboros - yes I agree and it left me deeply wondering. He was very nice and explained everything very detailedly and coherently. I did not have the feeling that he wanted to persuade me or urge me to anything but I can't believe that he has never had any problems with disproportions in cases of large lengthening distances. For me it makes no sense because surgery costs are the same no matter whether you lenghten 4 or 8 cm and I don't think he speculates on more complications which would result in making more money because honestly no doctor could have a genuine interest in a higher complication rate which leads to more dissatisfied patients and a bad reputation. I guess that maybe he assumes that somebody decides against limb lengthening when he can not have his desired height or would have to accept more surgeries because of proportions. Betz is still an option for me but now I look for other doctors, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up