Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wealthy person willing to fund my surgery?  (Read 5342 times)

jeromeharrison25

Wealthy person willing to fund my surgery?
« on: May 31, 2017, 04:44:22 AM »

I know theres a lotta stuff to read on this forum so im gonna keep this brief, I dont have near enough money to pay for this surgery (I have only $20,000) and i am 17 so i cant get a full time job to start saving up big amounts of money yet. At that rate itd take me till i am 24 to earn enough money to do the surgery, the 2 issues with that are 1) i dont wanna wait 7 years and 2) By the time im 24 ill already be outta college and have saved enough money from my full time job to do the surgery anyways. So if anyone out there is wealthy enough and generous enough to help me or have any questions please let me know

onemorefoot

Re: Wealthy person willing to fund my surgery?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:59:42 AM »

If With the money you have, you can get external tibial lengthening in Italy, I understand you want precice 2, but Life is all less what de want.
Budget will determine my future.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:03:53 AM »

If With the money you have, you can get external tibial lengthening in Italy, I understand you want precice 2, but Life is all less what de want.
Is it even safe over there though, the best doctors are in the united states

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:13:01 AM »

It is safe there, you have several options within your budget for tibial lengthening:Dr Franz , Dr Catagni, Dr Mangal, Italian doctors, of course you dont have enough money for Internal Nails, American doctors are good but they are not Gods , an average orthopaedic surgeon can do a good job with Ilizarov or Internal Nails, if you after all this are hell-bent on doing It in USA, if you live there your insurance can cover Up to half of the total cost.

Bander72

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »

Lol sorry kid but that is a pipe dream. Most wealthy people have money because they don't spend and they certainly wont with that. Anyways with 30k you  have enough to go to western  europe or Russia which will have the best external doctors that are safe. Of course it be more pleasant to go to rozburch or palry but life is about comprises. Im sure you would rather enjoy your new height in a year or two than in a decade so the pros of doing a cheaper but safe method with another doctor is the best thing you  could do.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »

No dude, this is your own thing and you will have to pay for it. If you are medically short, and lucky, you might get your health insurance to fund a part of your LL procedure, but I guess you are just normally short.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »

Lol sorry kid but that is a pipe dream. Most wealthy people have money because they don't spend and they certainly wont with that. Anyways with 30k you  have enough to go to western  europe or Russia which will have the best external doctors that are safe. Of course it be more pleasant to go to rozburch or palry but life is about comprises. Im sure you would rather enjoy your new height in a year or two than in a decade so the pros of doing a cheaper but safe method with another doctor is the best thing you  could do.
Well see thats the other big issue, i wanna gain a significant imcrease (at least 4 inches) and im unsure that a cheap external surgery can acheive that

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »

No dude, this is your own thing and you will have to pay for it. If you are medically short, and lucky, you might get your health insurance to fund a part of your LL procedure, but I guess you are just normally short.
U think its possible to get covered by insurance by anyone even if ur not medically short i am 5 ft 8

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »

Just think about internal femur if you care about your health and want less pain, easier and faster recovery.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

Just think about internal femur if you care about your health and want less pain, easier and faster recovery.
Is it even within my budget or at least close to?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »

Not even close to. There is no way you can do internal femurs with only 20 k USD. Maybe if your insurance cover more than 80% of the cost, but I think it's very unlikely. So forget about internals but it's true doing internals is a lot easier, faster recovery and less pain. With precise you can gain 8 cm, with betzbone and guichetnail more but I wouldn't recommend exceeding 8cm either way.

If you do externals, you can gain a lot but it is very risky. You can lengthen 5 - 6 cm without major issues. But you'll be in frames for 9-10 months with all the issues that it entails.

The best thing you should do is ask your family for help and do internals. If not do externals and lengthen less than you plan. Maybe if the future you have more money and can do another surgery, or maybe you are satisfied with 6 cm gain.
You are 17, you have a lot of time, little responsibility, so maybe you can manage being with frames that long. I don't believe anyone with money would fund you.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »

At 17 years and 5'8'' you honestly shouldn't rush to do the surgery even if you had the money. You should wait at least a couple of years and think hard if it's really worth it.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »

I didn't know you were 5'8, it is a good height. At 17 years, you can even grow a little bit more. Do a hand x ray to know if your growth cartilage is already closed or not.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »

Well see thats the other big issue, i wanna gain a significant imcrease (at least 4 inches) and im unsure that a cheap external surgery can acheive that

You should not do 4 inches even with femur internals and precise actually has a limit of 8cm which is what Rozburch and paley use. In this case its better to do 6 cm in the tibia and then save up for femur surgery. So it is better to do external first because it will take you longer to recover and it will be cheaper.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 09:54:28 PM »

I didn't know you were 5'8, it is a good height. At 17 years, you can even grow a little bit more. Do a hand x ray to know if your growth cartilage is already closed or not.
No im for sure done i havent grown in 2 years and my doctors confirmed it as well

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »

You should not do 4 inches even with femur internals and precise actually has a limit of 8cm which is what Rozburch and paley use. In this case its better to do 6 cm in the tibia and then save up for femur surgery. So it is better to do external first because it will take you longer to recover and it will be cheaper.
I would do externals but i still have another year of highschool then college afterwards so i cant be walking around with a cage on my legs

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »

I would do externals but i still have another year of highschool then college afterwards so i cant be walking around with a cage on my legs

Sorry man , you are out of options then .
Went from 164 to 170 cm

vegeta24

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 12:36:23 AM »

You even asking a question like this shows you're no where near mature enough to undergo this surgery lol.

google42

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 12:52:16 AM »

At 5'8" I think you're at a good height and you shouldn't let all height related stuff consume you at this age. IMO I think you should wait until you're older then decide if this is worth it. Also, I think you should just save up for internal femurs.

Bander72

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 12:58:21 AM »

Depending  how much you lengthen with latn you get a nail inserted and the frames removed about 1/3 of the time of regular external so say you did in 6 cm you could have the frames off in 4 months but still be using crutches.

Zeo

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 04:35:27 AM »

Hello I am a very wealthy Nigerian prince and I wish to fund your LongBone surgery. I am very wealthy but I cannot get my money into your country unless I pay 20,000$ US tax. Please send me your money and you will be a giant walking among men in soon time.

Here is a picture of me to prove my legitimacy:
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Body Builder

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »

With 20k you can still do LL and younare so young that you can easily gather another 20k to do even internals is 2-3 years.

There are people here and generally who want to do LL much older than and shorter than you you who work very hard for a few bucks and don't even have the money you have but they are patient and don't want the best doctors in the world to so it but they still are ok with a respectable doctor for external tibias and they never wanted money from anyone else.

So, even if someone wanted to fund a future LL'er (who I don't believe exist in this world) there are many cases where people need these money much more than you as they are shorter, older and more poor.
So gather the money on your own and if you want to do it in the close future, do external tibias. If you want the best doctor in the world with internals, then be ready to be many years in your (not bad) height.
After all, and I want a ferrari but noone is willing to buy me one so I am ok with my 10 years bmw.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »

With 20k you can still do LL and younare so young that you can easily gather another 20k to do even internals is 2-3 years.
I mean id be ok if i had a full time job like an adult cause then id be saving like crazy, but im just unable to. This is the 1st issue in my life where i was left helpless every time i lve had a problem ive been able to just take a deep breath and figure it out
There are people here and generally who want to do LL much older than and shorter than you you who work very hard for a few bucks and don't even have the money you have but they are patient and don't want the best doctors in the world to so it but they still are ok with a respectable doctor for external tibias and they never wanted money from anyone else.

So, even if someone wanted to fund a future LL'er (who I don't believe exist in this world) there are many cases where people need these money much more than you as they are shorter, older and more poor.
So gather the money on your own and if you want to do it in the close future, do external tibias. If you want the best doctor in the world with internals, then be ready to be many years in your (not bad) height.
After all, and I want a ferrari but noone is willing to buy me one so I am ok with my 10 years bmw.
mean id be ok if i had a full time job like an adult cause then id be saving like crazy, but im just unable to. This is the 1st issue in my life where i was left helpless every time i lve had a problem ive been able to just take a deep breath and figure it out

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »

Hello I am a very wealthy Nigerian prince and I wish to fund your LongBone surgery. I am very wealthy but I cannot get my money into your country unless I pay 20,000$ US tax. Please send me your money and you will be a giant walking among men in soon time.

Here is a picture of me to prove my legitimacy:

Well thank goodness i just watched the family guy episode where peter and carter get scammed by a nigerian prince 😂😂

Body Builder

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 03:58:27 PM »

mean id be ok if i had a full time job like an adult cause then id be saving like crazy, but im just unable to. This is the 1st issue in my life where i was left helpless every time i lve had a problem ive been able to just take a deep breath and figure it out
You are too young.

I did my first LL on 23 with a little less budget than you (external tibias) and I finished 1 inch more than what you are now, I had some complications but I continue my life and now, on my 28 I am 1.5 month post surgery of fixing these complications and on 2 years from now I plan for another LL.
I'd like to do my first LL on 19 and my second on 21 but still I am fixing my problems and I won't be finished with LL before my 31.

So don't be in a rush, you have plenty of time to do anything.
And if you are wise, you'll do only one LL in femurs to gain 3 inches and you'll be very good with a great height and many money saved.
If I had your initial height I wouldn never think about a second LL.

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »

I dont like LON very much, but you can afford It with some docs, in that way you wont return home with fixators on.

RealTrump

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

I am rich and my generosity knows no bounds. Send me a message with your bank login and password.

If you do it today, I will send you 20k to complete your dream.

-RealTrump

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »

I am rich and my generosity knows no bounds. Send me a message with your bank login and password.

If you do it today, I will send you 20k to complete your dream.

-RealTrump
Xd, I am Rich too, both send me your passwords.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 06:59:34 PM »

You are too young.

I did my first LL on 23 with a little less budget than you (external tibias) and I finished 1 inch more than what you are now, I had some complications but I continue my life and now, on my 28 I am 1.5 month post surgery of fixing these complications and on 2 years from now I plan for another LL.
I'd like to do my first LL on 19 and my second on 21 but still I am fixing my problems and I won't be finished with LL before my 31.

So don't be in a rush, you have plenty of time to do anything.
And if you are wise, you'll do only one LL in femurs to gain 3 inches and you'll be very good with a great height and many money saved.
If I had your initial height I wouldn never think about a second LL.
What was ur beginning height?

Body Builder

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »

Whimsical

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »

Some people want it the easy way. Go hard work man
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up