Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back pain and tibia lengthening over nail? Anybody with experience?  (Read 477 times)

jerkey

Hi,

I did 6cm through Tibia LON with final tibia length 45.9cm. I am now realizing when I sit on a regular chair (with no height adjustment) my knees are elevated from the elongated tibia and I get back pain. Has anybody had this? What did you do, do you carry around a 1-2inch cushion with you for daily life? I didn't foresee this problem; regardless anything other than femur lengthening would have caused it...

Thanks

EveryCMCounts

• Visitor

What about just putting your lower legs at an angle different from 90 to the floor?

Sibirsky

Hi,

I did 6cm through Tibia LON with final tibia length 45.9cm. I am now realizing when I sit on a regular chair (with no height adjustment) my knees are elevated from the elongated tibia and I get back pain. Has anybody had this? What did you do, do you carry around a 1-2inch cushion with you for daily life? I didn't foresee this problem; regardless anything other than femur lengthening would have caused it...

Thanks

Hi....8 cm LATN tibia veteran here. You should try stretching your calf and hamstring muscles because these muscles are the ones pulling on your back and pelvic girdle when you sit. I did this during physical therapy and it has worked wonders
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller
Pages: [1]   Go Up