Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur lengthening - when sitting on a regular chair?  (Read 615 times)

jerkey

Femur lengthening - when sitting on a regular chair?
« on: July 18, 2017, 03:16:40 AM »

Hi,

For femur patients who lengthend a good amount - I was wondering if you ever feel like you don't have enough chair under you (from having longer thighs) when sitting on regular height/size chairs (ex. park benches, etc)? I'm considering femurs but would like to know if there are any previously unknown daily life niggling things that are not enough to be called a complication.

Thanks and cheers!

biggerdreams

Re: Femur lengthening - when sitting on a regular chair?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »

Do you mean from the back of the seat to the front of the seat or do you mean from the seat to the ground?

DoingItForMe

Re: Femur lengthening - when sitting on a regular chair?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:37 PM »

Depends on how long your femurs end up. I'm 5'9 now after 3 inch femur lengthening. But my femurs probably belong to someone who is 6'4" or something - for example, I'd be 6'4" if I added 2 inches to my tibia and 5 inches to my torso to make myself proportional again. So you could ask a 6'4" guy what his struggles are with his longer femurs. Your knees will probably touch the back of the seat in front of you on the airplane if you sit in coach. That's one downside.

I never really had the problem with not having enough seat beneath me. I mean I don't get enough seat beneath me usually now, but my butt is adequate enough for sitting.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up