Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The diffrence this sugery would make for me is insane.  (Read 1069 times)

Usernam3

The diffrence this sugery would make for me is insane.
« on: August 02, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

After researching more and more about LL and height importance I've come to the conclusion to follow trough. My stats right now are:

19 years old
180.5cm / 5ft11 height
190.8 / 6ft3 wingspan

Before you try saying 5ft11 is a fine height:

''U bent 180,5 cm. lang. Dit is 3,5 cm onder het gemiddelde van jongens van ca. 20 jaar.
31% is korter en 69% is langer.''

Translation:

''You are 180.5 cm. tall. This is 3.5 cm below the average of boys of about 20 years.
31% are shorter and 69% are taller.''

So in a club with 100 men, 69 would be taller than me and only 31 would be shorter. This is obviously way below average (50/50). I am from the Netherlands so being 5ft11 is the same as being 5ft7.5 in the uk/us. (1.5 inch below average.)

So when I do 6,2 cm femurs and 4,2 cm tibia resulting me in becoming 191cm/6ft3 this would be the case:

''U bent 191cm lang. Dit is 7 cm. boven het gemiddelde van jongens van ca. 20 jaar.
84% is korter en 16% is langer.''

Translation:

''You are 191cm tall. This is 7 cm. above the average of boys of about 20 years.
84% are shorter and 16% are taller.''

So now in that same club with 100 men, only 16 would be taller and 84 would be shorter! This is a massive difference! I would go from top 31% height to top 84%! I have saved enough money to do two segments and will start with the tibia first. Once the whole covid scene is over I will book an appointment for sure now.

Fiveandsomething

Re: The diffrence this sugery would make for me is insane.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 09:10:28 AM »

Lol...do it..do externals as well 🙂. You’re at 5’11 and 20 years old, you have barely lived any life, your focus NEEDS to be elsewhere bud and that’s just the honest truth.
Meh.

Usernam3

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 09:19:38 AM »

Lol...do it..do externals as well 🙂. You’re at 5’11 and 20 years old, you have barely lived any life, your focus NEEDS to be elsewhere bud and that’s just the honest truth.

Have you even read my post? 5ft11 in the Netherlands is the equivalent of 5ft7.5 in the uk/us among 20 year olds. And no I won’t do externals I will do stryde method. Sure 19 years old is young but the sooner I do it the more I can enjoy my height. I will most likely do it next summer when I finished my bachelor. After that I will join university with a 6ft3 height. Going from top 31% to top 84% is a massive change. This community is always harsh to people who are perceived tall in their own country but don’t realize other countries have different averages.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »

Have you even read my post? 5ft11 in the Netherlands is the equivalent of 5ft7.5 in the uk/us among 20 year olds. And no I won’t do externals I will do stryde method. Sure 19 years old is young but the sooner I do it the more I can enjoy my height. I will most likely do it next summer when I finished my bachelor. After that I will join university with a 6ft3 height. Going from top 31% to top 84% is a massive change. This community is always harsh to people who are perceived tall in their own country but don’t realize other countries have different averages.

You did spit some facts in the last sentence...My sincere apologies. Doing stryde I’m sure you will have a far more smooth experience than I have.? My best of wishes to ya, genuinely.
Meh.

Usernam3

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:18 AM »

You did spit some facts in the last sentence...My sincere apologies. Doing stryde I’m sure you will have a far more smooth experience than I have.? My best of wishes to ya, genuinely.

Thank you, best wishes and good recovery to you too.

HeightGain

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »

Stryde isn't available and might not be by then. It would cost over 100k USD. If you have that sort of money at your age and are concerned about getting women then something other than your height is the issue.

Usernam3

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 11:48:49 AM »

Stryde isn't available and might not be by then. It would cost over 100k USD. If you have that sort of money at your age and are concerned about getting women then something other than your height is the issue.

I am not doing this for women.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:20 AM »

So you say you're short at 180.5 in the Netherlands. I did some research. Noussair Mazraoui and Lisandro Martinez are both players for the Dutch top football club Ajax Amsterdam. They are both 178 cm according to Wikipedia. I tried to find some pics of them next to other players and other people in the Netherlands, and they don't look short at all!

Noussair Mazraoui is the second from the right next to the goalkeeper

Here is another pic of him in a different team photo.

Martinez doesn't look very short either.

Keep in mind footballers from top clubs are taller than the average guy, and a men's football team is also taller than the average population cause there's no women in it.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Usernam3

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 11:56:14 AM »

So you say you're short at 180.5 in the Netherlands. I did some research. Noussair Mazraoui and Lisandro Martinez are both players for the Dutch top football club Ajax Amsterdam. They are both 178 cm according to Wikipedia. I tried to find some pics of them next to other players and other people in the Netherlands, and they don't look short at all!

Noussair Mazraoui is the second from the right next to the goalkeeper

Here is another pic of him in a different team photo.

Martinez doesn't look very short either.

Keep in mind footballers from top clubs are taller than the average guy, and a men's football team is also taller than the average population cause there's no women in it.

“Uit de dataset blijkt bijvoorbeeld dat de langste jong volwassen in 2019 te vinden waren in Nederland. Met een gemiddelde lengte van 184,2 centimeter (voor mannen) en 170,4 centimeter (voor vrouwen)“

Translation:

The dataset shows, for example, that the tallest young adults in 2019 could be found in the Netherlands.  With an average height of 184.2 centimeters (for men) and 170.4 centimeters (for women)

Meanwhile the average height for the eredivisie (dutch league) is about 182.3cm. So your statement of footballers being taller then the average man is wrong.

Now your statement about Noussair Mazraoui… He is 188cm. So that is wrong as well.

And now Martinez:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXLHcCji_SzAvZc6i9M_jzi0W_tbf9EC1BCbUCKDD1RL8QwgnhrvT12Ig&s=10

He does look significantly shorter then the rest. Keep in mind Ajax has one of the lowest average heights in the champions league, even their central defenders (usually the tallest position after goalie) had an average height of 177cm.

Given that I am 180.5 and the average young adult male here is 184,2 I am about 3,7cm or 1.5 inches below average. This is considered short.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »

Martinez doesn't look stand-out short at all in that pic you linked, more like completely within the normal distribution.

Mazraoui is 183 cm according to this source (I got his height wrong the first time).

Interesting fact with the Eredivise, I didn't know that. Pro football players are usually above average though. I know that the Austrian national team has an average height of 185 cm while the average man stands at 178. (our national team is sh*t though).

3,7 cm is a negligible difference.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

battroll

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 01:51:28 PM »

I am the same height as the OP and I also lived in the Netherlands, although I am not Dutch.

I am 182cm out of bed and 180cm at night and around 180.5cm most of the day.

With this height you are indeed shorter than the average here.

I considered the surgery back in the days but the cost and lost of athletism was a big deal for me and after carefully thinking about it I decided not to.

I prefered to be slightly shorter than average but athletic and also invested the money in an sp500 index fund instead

OP, have you thought about taking MK677 or growth hormone to see if you can naturally get some extra centimetres? at your age you may be still able to growth naturally 5cm or so and maybe then you will no longer consider this operation.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 06:58:26 PM »

Paley has specifically said he’s done the surgery on a Dutch guy who was 5’11” and was above average for Americans, but had height neurosis.  He took into account the average Dutch height and cleared him for surgery.  5’11” isn’t super short or anything in the Netherlands, but it’s the same as being a 5’9” white American — slightly below average.

So I see no issue with you doing this.  You seem like you feel the need to convince us here that you need this surgery.  Nobody “needs” it, the only people who really get a major advantage from surgery are those who started at least 1 std deviation below average.  But it’s a personal choice and you don’t have to convince anyone, if you want the surgery and can pay for it and believe it’s the best thing for you, do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up