Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: what height would you need to be to not have done LL  (Read 11271 times)

microman

what height would you need to be to not have done LL
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »

just wondering what height people would have needed to have been to not undergo LL.

for me I am 164.5cm, if I was 168cm I would not be doing this operation, I would simply wear nike air to bring me to 169cm.

I have a friend who is 167.5, he wears a 1cm lift to 168.5cm and said he is not willing to do LL, with that being said he said he is an 'okay' height with his 1cm lift.

interestingly I will end up 169.5cm post LL so I guess it's good to end up taller than I needed to be to be happy, also I will be wearing nike air to 170.5cm anyway if that matters.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: what height would you need to be to not have done LL
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »

My current height.  Interestingly enough, the catalyst for my LL was wanting to wear 32" inseam pants, not so much that I had a particular height in mind.  I went from a 29" inseam to the 32" I wanted through LL.

microman

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:39:54 PM »

lol wot you got LL just to fit into pants better?

well I guess it would save a bill or two at the tailors but that seems a bit extreme no?

Del

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:30 PM »

I'm male, 17 and 157cms. That's 5'2.
I wouldn't do LL if I were 163cms+.

Unlike most other men, I don't mind being a short guy (probably because I love every other thing I have) but I find 5'2 to be abnormally short. There's 5'7 men that say they're happy with 5'9 and 5'10 men saying 6' would make them happy. I also found a 6'1 guy doing this to become 6'4 and thought he was really stupid. I guess we just want more than what we have, but at 5'2 it doesn't feel like much of a choice. (Note that the average height in India for the middle class and onwards is probably 5'6)

I'm hoping I'll grow a bit in a year. If not, I know what I must do.
Considering LL in 2016. Will have a detailed diary at the time.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »

lol wot you got LL just to fit into pants better?

well I guess it would save a bill or two at the tailors but that seems a bit extreme no?

Yeah, the reason I did LL was a bit silly and extreme now that I think back on it.  But LL had a lot of other benefits, much more than just being able to buy clothes off the rack.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 10:36:39 PM »

I think it's pretty subjective, but looking at height distribution in my country 3 inches is going from 15th %ile to the median so it's a pretty nice jump. I would not consider if if I was at the median height.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »

I´d say 182-183 in my case. If I really go for LL I´d aim for 185-186 though. Doing small amounts with internals is simply not worth the money imo.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »

Good question, I'd say a little bit over 180 and I would never had developed height neurosis. If I was 183CM the thought that I was short might have never occured to me and I would never have found this forum, funny that 5CM can make such a big difference to someones life.

Now that I've already become more or less obsessed with height I think at least 185CM with good proportions would help me put these thought behind me.

I think that is wthin reach, almost at least.

ewf

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:52:53 AM »

I'm male, 17 and 157cms. That's 5'2.
I wouldn't do LL if I were 163cms+.

Unlike most other men, I don't mind being a short guy (probably because I love every other thing I have) but I find 5'2 to be abnormally short. There's 5'7 men that say they're happy with 5'9 and 5'10 men saying 6' would make them happy. I also found a 6'1 guy doing this to become 6'4 and thought he was really stupid. I guess we just want more than what we have, but at 5'2 it doesn't feel like much of a choice. (Note that the average height in India for the middle class and onwards is probably 5'6)

I'm hoping I'll grow a bit in a year. If not, I know what I must do.

You make a really good point here. I guess if I was a couple of inches shorter, I'd be longing just to be average. And I'd be quite content just knowing that I'd be taller than the average woman after LL. But because my focus is on my taller friends and family, I feel I would have needed to be around 6'0 to avoid my current feelings of height inadequacy.
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

Del

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:30 AM »

You make a really good point here. I guess if I was a couple of inches shorter, I'd be longing just to be average. And I'd be quite content just knowing that I'd be taller than the average woman after LL. But because my focus is on my taller friends and family, I feel I would have needed to be around 6'0 to avoid my current feelings of height inadequacy.

On one hand I wonder why a 5'9.5 guy would do this to him. That isn't a short height in any country, unless all your friends are basketball players.

On the other hand, it reassures me that this surgery is safe and good enough for tall people like you to do it on a whim. Then again, "whim" is relative and a midget that did it for correction probably thinks I'm crazy for doing it cosmetically.

ewf

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 04:30:00 AM »

On one hand I wonder why a 5'9.5 guy would do this to him. That isn't a short height in any country, unless all your friends are basketball players.

On the other hand, it reassures me that this surgery is safe and good enough for tall people like you to do it on a whim. Then again, "whim" is relative and a midget that did it for correction probably thinks I'm crazy for doing it cosmetically.

Exactly, a dwarf for instance would perhaps give their right arm to be your height, so yes, it's all relative. No, my friends definitely aren't basketball players, but at well under 6'0 I do look like the runt of the pack lol.

It's as others have said before, you get one shot at life, if you know LL is what you want (I know I do), then do it.

Del

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 04:34:37 AM »

It's as other have said before, you get one shot at life, if you know LL is what you want (I know I do) then do it.

I can respect that. I was admittedly very surprised to see people 5'8 and above wanting to break their legs for a few inches.. I would say you're tall enough if the majority of women are shorter than you. But it's not my place to say, so, good luck :)

G-Man

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »

I'm 179cm daytime and I'm pretty sure that if I were 181cm I wouldn't be here.

ewf

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 09:24:34 PM »

I can respect that. I was admittedly very surprised to see people 5'8 and above wanting to break their legs for a few inches.. I would say you're tall enough if the majority of women are shorter than you. But it's not my place to say, so, good luck :)

Who knows, I may regret paying to get my legs broken for a couple more inches of height, but I'll let you know how that works out by next year ;)

microman

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »

it is interesting seeing people do that i do agree, i mean when i see people in public gatherings for example i may see a guy 5 7 next to guy 5 9, i don't think the 5 9 guys life would be much better, i never think that for a second.

i had a perfect example of that before when i thought 'yeah that 5 7 guy would do better than that 5 9 guy'.

but with that being said a 5 5 guy is in deep   haha, so i don't think its relative the height, it is more your absolute height and i think the 5 8+ guys are going to be a bit upset with the results of the LL but i wish them the best.

i feel great at 5 7 myself when i wear the 6cm lifts, i don't really care much for more height as long as i am at the height of men, i guess if you end up 5 10 after operation you will have an advantage over other men but it doesn't really fuss me.

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »

I'm 179cm daytime and I'm pretty sure that if I were 181cm I wouldn't be here.

And I'm pretty sure I haven't got you figured out at all, 2CM isn't very significant.

G-Man

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »

When I was in high school I figured out that 5'6" and 5'11" looked like the turning point to be tall for women and men.  It always bugged me that I missed the mark by 1-2 cm, also most of my friends were 180-181 so it added to the deception.  2cm is significant as I would've gone from average to tall.

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »

Well we're all more or less obsessed aren't we?

Myself I have long internal debates about weather doing 6CM or 7, to me it's a world in difference both in proportions and height.

G-Man

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:22 PM »

Lol, nothing wrong with wanting more!

Your internal debate for that ONE cm shows that every cm counts and is significant!  I feel the same, I didn't want to do more than 5-5.3cm at first but now I bumped it to 6-6.3 but ideally, 7.5 would be perfect!  I should stay around 6 max though, for better recovery.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

6 cm´s would be fine for me as well, being at 185 is very decent. 7,5cm´s sounds so tempting though, I think I could handle it proportion wise but the recovery is a little worrying.
The 1 cm shouldn´t make a difference though this can easily be accieved by a good posture, some strechting or slightly higher shoes.

Descreteuser

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 11:30:35 PM »

its all relative to ur situation.. if ur 5'0 to 5'4 u want to do this to get to a so called 'normal height'.. when ur 5'5 to 5'8 its to be close to or around a male average height as it will drastically improve confidence with women..... anything above that will normally have to do with alpha male status.. u have a complex of being belittled by other males(often siblings).. i know in my situation i hated being belittled by the 6'2/6'3 guys that i was surrounded by all the time..  once u hit 5'9 majority of women wont find ur height a problem..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 01:02:30 AM »

I think 7 cm can fit into a frame well, but it should be split 4cm femur, and 3cm tibia. This will keep you in proportion and your limbs will still be within normal variation. My knee height of 60cm after 6cm at 184cm is not possible naturally, and I really wish I went the route I am suggesting. Go with Dr Mitkovic and you can do both for $26000USD.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

G-Man

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »

I'll never go monorail.  Theoretically yes, 3.2+4 or 4+5 is ideal but in RL 2 surgeries is a pita.  Not too many people can afford the time or have the patience to do both.

Are you planning to do femurs to even things out?

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:21 AM »

6 cm´s would be fine for me as well, being at 185 is very decent. 7,5cm´s sounds so tempting though, I think I could handle it proportion wise but the recovery is a little worrying.
The 1 cm shouldn´t make a difference though this can easily be accieved by a good posture, some strechting or slightly higher shoes.

185CM (at night) is certainly a decent height for a young adult, even here in in N. Europe it is respectable enough. Assuming good proportions, which is a must according to me, there can be no complaining really. Not sure we can gain that extra CM through stretching, maybe a few MM but i wouldn't count on it.

Polycrates.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:49 AM »

No, I am at the point in life where it doesn't matter to me.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

G-Man

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 01:45:49 AM »

Ok, you would have prefer to split the cm but still, how is life at 1m84?  Any significant positive changes?

Polycrates.

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 01:56:11 AM »

No and yes. It feels good when I'm just standing there,  but if I have to do anything functional or athletic, I'm wishing I was the way I was before.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »

185CM (at night) is certainly a decent height for a young adult, even here in in N. Europe it is respectable enough. Assuming good proportions, which is a must according to me, there can be no complaining really. Not sure we can gain that extra CM through stretching, maybe a few MM but i wouldn't count on it.
Not trough streching alone but 1cm is not even noticable, just stand slightly straighter than you used to and there is your extra cm.

supergirl

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »

I am now 180 or so. When I hanged out recently with a model friend (177 cm), I felt I was much taller than her. Interesting how a few CM can make you feel so much taller. If I were 178CM ++ I would not consider LL. That is the minimum height for runway models. But now, since I have already broke my legs, I am aiming for 180-182 CM.

IMO, for guys, above 180CM there is not much difference anymore. Its down to your face, physique and money. Many guys here say they are good looking, but when I saw their pics, it was not really good looking. Someone here posted about having a  fit and nice body, and nice butt, but when I saw, it was just a meaty or slightly chubby body.. not the lean-fit type.  It is interesting how people have inflated self-esteems under anonymous usernames.... I am sure some users here who are 180+ CM are lacking in other departments (eg, looks, money) and think that height is the issue, but it is not............ Above that height, height takes a backseat.
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:09 PM »

I am now 180 or so. When I hanged out recently with a model friend (177 cm), I felt I was much taller than her. Interesting how a few CM can make you feel so much taller. If I were 178CM ++ I would not consider LL. That is the minimum height for runway models. But now, since I have already broke my legs, I am aiming for 180-182 CM.

IMO, for guys, above 180CM there is not much difference anymore. Its down to your face, physique and money. Many guys here say they are good looking, but when I saw their pics, it was not really good looking. Someone here posted about having a  fit and nice body, and nice butt, but when I saw, it was just a meaty or slightly chubby body.. not the lean-fit type.  It is interesting how people have inflated self-esteems under anonymous usernames.... I am sure some users here who are 180+ CM are lacking in other departments (eg, looks, money) and think that height is the issue, but it is not............ Above that height, height takes a backseat.

One of the most self-centred post I have ever read on this forim. Let me ask what is so special about you then? Runaway model, actress and print girl! Why do you need limb lengthening if you think your that special? What happened huh? Do you wish  to be extra extra skinny at 180? Like them thin logs who usually be on the front cover of magazines? Like a twig? Before judging others on how they look like, see the mirror first. Why are you having limb lengthening if you don't have issues with your appearance. I tell you one thing; modelling or showbiz is a sad career. Your looks will fade one day...
Always Dreaming of Big Dreams...
Current height: 173cm Target: 178cm on tibia's

supergirl

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 08:56:40 PM »

One of the most self-centred post I have ever read on this forim. Let me ask what is so special about you then? Runaway model, actress and print girl! Why do you need limb lengthening if you think your that special? What happened huh? Do you wish  to be extra extra skinny at 180? Like them thin logs who usually be on the front cover of magazines? Like a twig? Before judging others on how they look like, see the mirror first. Why are you having limb lengthening if you don't have issues with your appearance. I tell you one thing; modelling or showbiz is a sad career. Your looks will fade one day...

As I said, part-time! I am in university now. For crying out loud.  ??? And one question, why are so many hollywood actors and actresses still so highly paid even though they are in their 30s and 40s. What is their net worth?? At least $5 million, 20 million, 500 million. Get a life! I was rejected for runway sometimes because i was too short. I am only 173, and I got commments about my leg being too short. Too short for certain apparel.
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up