Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibia and Femur in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh  (Read 3023 times)

MOMOV

• Visitor
Re: LON Tibia and Femur in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2023, 04:42:31 AM »

Could I get the contact and info to the doctor please.

Cthulhu

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »

Q:"How much did you lengthen each segment?"
A:I did 6.5 cm on my tibia and 7cm on my femur. background information is detailed in my first post.

Q:"How much time between the scar picture and the surgery?"
A:The tibia picture was taken more than 2 years post-surgery. The femur picture was taken about 3-4 weeks post-frame removal, it was taken 1-2 weeks after scar removal.

Q:"can you describe pain regarding tibia, after surgery and also when trying to put weight on it?"
A: After the surgery you will be on morphine or its derivatives, so you won't be feelin much pain. When tryin to stand up, you will feel a lot of pressure on your ankles and feet.

"This hip restriction and knee refriction is this after the second surgery if you didn't get the second surgery your knee friction and hip restriction would be gone already and why didn't you get scar revision from the doctor at the Vietnam place I heard they do scar revision".

A: The limitations I'm currently experiencing pertains to my second surgery. I did undergo scar removal. The picture of my femur is about 1-2 weeks post scar-removal. Scar removal improved the appearance of the scar positioned on the upper portion of my femur (long scar near the hip), but didn't do much to fix the scar position at the at the lower end of my femur (circular scars).

The femur picture is that of my right leg. The scars of both legs have develop differently; the scars on my left leg is very minimal compared to my right leg, and the color is lighter (light red) while the scar of my right leg is darker brown. I have not investigated the reason as to why this has occurred.

MOMOV

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2023, 05:33:11 PM »

Hi looking to do only one surgery thinking about 8cm on femur . Curious why most here are against femur LON . Also it’s about six - seven months since your femur surgery. Are you able to walk with out crutches or how long until you walk normal?

Cthulhu

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2023, 12:48:29 AM »

I don't know about the term "most", I think maybe some people are against LON femur due to the increase risk of infection.

It has been about 6-7 months since my surgery, but the recovery stage only begins after frame-removal, which is about 3-4 months after surgery. I am walking at home without crutches and walking outside with crutches. I still have imbalances and weaknesses in my hips and knee, I've described this in my previous posts. As to when I will be able to walk normally, i estimate it to be about September/October the soonest, and December the latest.

biggiebags

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2023, 07:17:43 AM »

Hi all, just giving an update. I'm still in recovery, walking around the house without crutches but walking outside with crutches.

The daily struggles so far are: getting out of bed, getting in out of the car, pretty much an activity that requires me to bend down low. My knees and hips sometimes click. I've been told its not a major concern unless it causes pain.

attached below are my x-ray before I left Vietnam to go back home.

I'm a bit concern about the callus formation on my right leg on the lateral side, there seems to be weak callus formation, not completely connecting.

https://imgur.com/a/ArkV8W4

I want to go an X-ray at the end of the month, I wonder what do people tell their doctors ? For my tibia, I went one year later, when the callus fully formed, so I told him I just broke my leg in a bike crash. But since the callus is not fully formed in my femur, I don't think he will believe it was a break from an accident. Do people just say they had cosmetic limb lengthening surgery?

there is no problem on your right leg formation, as long as it is connected anywhere around the bone it will eventually regenerate all around with repeated walking

your problem would be if there is no connection between the two ends, thats called non union

you should ask your surgeon instead of being a "bit concern"
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E

Cthulhu

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2023, 09:12:46 AM »

Oh is that what non union meant. I always thought non union meant employees weren’t allowed to coalesce to gain bargaining power. And you’re right, I shouldn’t be concerned, I should have asked my surgeon instead of my veterinarian.

Thank you for the information.

MOMOV

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2023, 05:25:51 PM »

Could you PM me the doctors infos please

palm_trees

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2023, 09:09:52 AM »

Hey congrats on your surgeries. I have a couple questions:

- how long was the period in between your tibia and femur surgeries?

- you lengthened 13.5 in total, do you feel your arm proportions still look good? can you tell me what your wingspan is and what your current height is?

- I see that you had a fairly active lifestyle in sports and going to the gym before the surgeries and wanted to be able to do this again efficiently after LL recovery. How do you feel condition wise? Do you feel that you can get back to your sporting self once you are fully recovered?

Thank you, I am currently at 5.2 cm tibias LON, and will be doing my femur 3 months after my tibia for a total length of 12 cm (tibias + femur), but was concered about my athletic ability after recovery.

Robert Adam

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2024, 10:59:27 AM »

Does the quadrilateral, lengthen by 1mm / 0.75mm per day (femur/tibia)? or only 0.75 mm / 0.5 mm per day?

Sigma

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2024, 02:00:58 PM »

no one is interested in the stupid fake vietnam diaries. Frankly, I would be in Africa instead of being a CLL in Vietnam. ;D
Going for femur precice2 / Lon tibia with Dr. Donghoon Lee in a few years.
Starting height 173cm. Goal 186 to 187cm.
You can always be thinner, look better.

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2024, 05:55:25 AM »

Hey bro, I am also interest in doing CLL in Vietnam, and want to choose between Dr. Quynh in HCMC and Dr. Doan in Hanoi based what I learned on this forum. Do you think Dr. Quynh is a reliable doctor? And I also want a PM from you.

Beemer m3

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2024, 09:20:58 AM »

1. Ts. Bác sĩ Lượng: 0914375078
( Bệnh viện 108, có bằng sáng chế, nghiên cứu ra hệ khung titan kéo chân )
2. Ts. Bác sĩ Đoàn: 0587112112
( Viện trưởng viện chấn thương chỉnh hình bệnh viện 108 )
3. Ts. Bác sĩ Sơn: 0909744567
( Trưởng khoa bệnh viện Việt Đức HN )
🔵🟠 Sài Gòn: ☑️
1. Bác sĩ Lý: 0913316590
( Bệnh viện 1A )
2. Bác sĩ Khôi: 0983200275
( Bệnh viện chấn thương chỉnh hình Q5 )
3. Bác sĩ Thuỷ: 0913802536
( Bệnh viện 1A )
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023