Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many times would I need to come back to the Doctor?  (Read 434 times)

Longer_matt

• Visitor
How many times would I need to come back to the Doctor?
« on: June 23, 2021, 06:26:33 AM »

There are no Limb Lengthening in my country, meaning I'm looking for a doctor abroad. Does that mean I'll be flying several times during the recovery period? And maybe even need to stay there?

Also, I saw there are doctors that state you have to stay in the country for several week after the surgery, on you'r own expens, which really making the operation as twive as expensive almost. Is that true? how long have you stayed? I noticed some doctors don't mentiond that, or that a 1 - 2 weeks of hospitalisation in included in the total price.

Any advice on that matter?

Thanks a lot!  :)

DreamsComeTrue

Re: How many times would I need to come back to the Doctor?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 11:34:36 AM »

Are you doing External or Internal?
for my case I did precise nail and moved to another city in a week, each 10 days I have to take an x-ray and send it to a Doctor and flow up with him.
It depends on your Doctor, for example, Dr. Paley asks his patients  to stay the whole lengthening  period in his institute with his physical therapist

Longer_matt

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »

Precise nail is far more expensive right?
and did you mean folow up** every 10 day? 

Abbot

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 12:22:41 AM »

I am an older patient.  I just did a modest 2 inches.  I could have done more but the pain was awful and tired of being awake all night with pain, difficulty of everyday life and depression.  Remember pain and more pain.

I recommend no one try this alone.  By that I mean you have a friend or wife with you or you remain in a rehab with other patients.  There is little a person can do after the surgery.  You can't change your mind and you can't stop the pain.  I would hope you are a younger patient 55 yrs or younger bc I do not believe older patients tolerate the surgery very well having spoken to two.  Let me tell you trying to get dressed or cook for yourself everyday will make you re think the surgery. 

Also!  Don't go the the cheapest guy on the block.  You will pay for it one way or another.  My guy did the surgery but gave me zero information on diet, little on use of FitBone transmitter, help with arranging food or anything.  He gave me over the counter pain meds except for useless Tramadol.  Find out where you will stay, get food, get washing done, etc.   When you are in pain every little thing will have a humongous effort.  If you go to a foreign country you must have a translator.

Do not do this alone and remember for 6-9 months, lengthening, consolidation, etc will be very difficult.  You want to walk to do something.  You want to shower.  You want food.  You name it, each will be a chore not to be forgotten.  This is a surgery for small people and young people.  Others may have serious second thoughts about their decision because you will pay a price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up