Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 26112 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »

Hi , that is really concerning to me .
After 11 months still not feeling 100% walking?
Usually at 11 months I heard walking was super ok just heavy sports were not allowed .
Do u have any opinion on that and why that is happening to u with your walking gait ?

Before the operation, walking was not perfect either, I always used to move my hips a little (it was almost imperceptible to the nked eye) I don't know why, but now I walk with a more pronounced sway than before the operation.
I feel like my right leg is almost 1cm shorter than my right, even though on X-rays and telemetry the bones are the same length. The dysmetria that I have is in the hip, it can be seen perfectly in the x-rays. It is probable that before the operation her hip was slightly decompensated and that the muscular tension during the lengthening process had aggravated the dysmetria ...
I hope that with time and the stretching exercises the hip muscles will lose tension, which I still feel with some tension.
Besides that, I still feel that my abductors have not regained their strength, I have not trained the outer area of ​​my legs or my buttocks enough, so all of this may be the reason why I do not walk exactly as before the operation.
Despite this, I currently feel quite good after having been so many months without being able to practice sports. Now I feel more and more agile and my next goal is to gain 4 or 5 kg of muscle mass and regain my stamina so that I can enjoy the sports that I usually do to the fullest.

bloggerdude

« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2021, 12:15:47 PM »

very good running form. you are probably already much better than the average Joe who can't run for 5 minutes.

if you can show from the front or back angle that will show us the full form

Did you discuss with your doctor about vision impairment from this surgery? through fat embolism for example. That feels quite worrying so would love to know if you doctor discussed this with you the odds of that happening

Masteryourlife

« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2021, 12:19:53 PM »

Before the operation, walking was not perfect either, I always used to move my hips a little (it was almost imperceptible to the nked eye) I don't know why, but now I walk with a more pronounced sway than before the operation.
I feel like my right leg is almost 1cm shorter than my right, even though on X-rays and telemetry the bones are the same length. The dysmetria that I have is in the hip, it can be seen perfectly in the x-rays. It is probable that before the operation her hip was slightly decompensated and that the muscular tension during the lengthening process had aggravated the dysmetria ...
I hope that with time and the stretching exercises the hip muscles will lose tension, which I still feel with some tension.
Besides that, I still feel that my abductors have not regained their strength, I have not trained the outer area of ​​my legs or my buttocks enough, so all of this may be the reason why I do not walk exactly as before the operation.
Despite this, I currently feel quite good after having been so many months without being able to practice sports. Now I feel more and more agile and my next goal is to gain 4 or 5 kg of muscle mass and regain my stamina so that I can enjoy the sports that I usually do to the fullest.
Thank you for your explanation .
One of my biggest fears is this :Looking at ur videos even the one 9 months post op where u were making change of directions and so on ,you look great amd I assume you can jog and walk 100% but you said no and I wonder how does it feel .
Heavy sports takes time but at least you cleared that even before you had this "issue" and that helps a lot because looking at the number 11 months normally they go by kinda fast but after a LL surgery...11 is a ton of time and I would think I am totally back to nornal by that timeline besides heavy sports .
My startig height is taller and willing to do less lenghtening at a lower speed so hoepfully by the 6 month I might be able to be 100% on daily activity such as walking,standing and light jog at 6/7 months post op .
Any idea/thoughts on this ? (5'9 , 5.5/6cm femur MAX at a 0.75 mm if bones allows me to)
Btw ,very thankfull for you taking the time to record and come back here !
Thank you very much and looking forwars to hear back from u.

ab608

« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »

hey fschez - congrats on your progress! wanted to write to say that i did precice, and since finishing lengthening, i've also noticed that my right leg is shorter. i definitely think for me that its due to tight hip muscles as well, just like you mentioned in your case. hopefully stretching that will even the legs out. all the best with your recovery!

FSchez

« Reply #314 on: December 25, 2021, 10:56:36 PM »

Thank you for your explanation .
One of my biggest fears is this :Looking at ur videos even the one 9 months post op where u were making change of directions and so on ,you look great amd I assume you can jog and walk 100% but you said no and I wonder how does it feel .
Heavy sports takes time but at least you cleared that even before you had this "issue" and that helps a lot because looking at the number 11 months normally they go by kinda fast but after a LL surgery...11 is a ton of time and I would think I am totally back to nornal by that timeline besides heavy sports .
My startig height is taller and willing to do less lenghtening at a lower speed so hoepfully by the 6 month I might be able to be 100% on daily activity such as walking,standing and light jog at 6/7 months post op .
Any idea/thoughts on this ? (5'9 , 5.5/6cm femur MAX at a 0.75 mm if bones allows me to)
Btw ,very thankfull for you taking the time to record and come back here !
Thank you very much and looking forwars to hear back from u.

Hello my friend!
I have recorded a couple of videos walking and making various direction changes so you can see how I walk.

I suppose that if you are going to increase 6 or 7 cm and you are going to do it at a more conservative pace than normal speed, your recovery will be faster and less difficult.
Happy Holidays to all!!

Masteryourlife

« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2021, 11:57:22 PM »

Hello my friend!
I have recorded a couple of videos walking and making various direction changes so you can see how I walk.

I suppose that if you are going to increase 6 or 7 cm and you are going to do it at a more conservative pace than normal speed, your recovery will be faster and less difficult.
Happy Holidays to all!!
Amazing progress !
Thank you very much !!!!
Happy holidays :)

FSchez

« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2022, 10:13:53 AM »

Hi guys!
I'm happy to tell you that I've made pretty good progress these past few weeks.
I can now walk practically as before the operation (not exactly the same because now my legs are 7.5 cm longer...)
Every day I feel more natural with my new height and only feel discomfort in my left hip when I lift weight doing the squat or similar movement, probably the head of one of the screws is the reason.
I can jogging at a decent pace and I think I'll be able to run faster soon.
I still feel that I don't have the agility and speed that I had before the operation, but I think it's a matter of time and more hours of training.
I have also almost completely regained my weight and musculature. Now I weigh 62 kg. A few weeks after finishing the distraction he weighed 56 kg.
Yesterday I tried running on the treadmill at a medium pace to see my technique and try to improve my movements and I think I have improved since the last video (obviously my technique is still far from the correct movements, but it is no longer disappointing).
This is yesterday's video:

Greetings to all!

thankscience

« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »

Great stuff! Your recovery is impressive.

How do you feel about doing squats with your new biomechanics? Is it much harder than before?

FSchez

« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2022, 10:14:11 PM »

Great stuff! Your recovery is impressive.

How do you feel about doing squats with your new biomechanics? Is it much harder than before?

Thanks my friend!
At first it was quite difficult for me to do squats but now it is an easy exercise. I guess I've gotten used to my new leg ratio and mindlessly balance myself (in some way other than correct technique) to compensate for the increased femurs. This is a video from today, so you can see the movement in detail:

(at the end of the video I do a series of squats)

thankscience

« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2022, 12:06:54 AM »

That's pretty good! ;D Also what is your ratio between femurs and tibias now? Do you feel your proportions are still good?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2022, 02:29:38 AM »

Hey FSchez, good to see you update. Based on your video I think my running is a little more balanced than yours, but your squats seem better than mine. I can squat up and down pretty quickly like you did in the video, but I still have some stiffness/pain when I squat.

I also have no stamina for running yet. I used to run too (though it sounds like you ran a lot faster than me) but now I get tired after a few minutes and my heart rate is very high. I think there's still quite a bit of work remaining to regain endurance.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

FSchez

« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2022, 10:07:04 PM »

That's pretty good! ;D Also what is your ratio between femurs and tibias now? Do you feel your proportions are still good?

I don't know exactly because I haven't measured the ratio of the femur to the tibia.
Although I know that biomechanics is important for sports and some movements it is something that does not concern me.
When I look in the mirror now I feel much better.
Now my tibias are a bit short in relation to my femurs but it is almost imperceptible to others, perhaps because my femurs before surgery were a bit short...
To answer your question in a nutshell:
Yes, I am happy with my proportions and even more so with my new height.  :D

FSchez

« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2022, 10:23:25 PM »

Hey FSchez, good to see you update. Based on your video I think my running is a little more balanced than yours, but your squats seem better than mine. I can squat up and down pretty quickly like you did in the video, but I still have some stiffness/pain when I squat.

I also have no stamina for running yet. I used to run too (though it sounds like you ran a lot faster than me) but now I get tired after a few minutes and my heart rate is very high. I think there's still quite a bit of work remaining to regain endurance.

Hey BTM!
I'm glad to hear you're making good progress.
I think some doctors are very optimistic when they say you can be back to normal 6 months to a year after surgery. I think that each person and each body reacts differently, but it would be more realistic to think about returning to normal between 12 and 18 months after surgery (with exceptions such as "Movie" or Stryde Nail challege).
Interestingly I have been comfortable doing squats for a long time without pain, but my walking and running form is progressing very slowly probably because of the tension I have felt for a long time in my hips.
Now I feel that the tension has almost completely disappeared, but I have to recover my physical strength and muscle tone in the hip area.
I know that spending more time training hard the recovery it will be faster but sometimes it's difficult find the time...
I hope that soon we will recover our best physical form.
Good luck, my friend!!

zaozari

« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2022, 01:26:18 PM »

Congratulations for your incredible recovery and success!
What supplements has the doctor suggested or prescribed to you?
Have you taken any by your own initiative?

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2022, 09:37:12 PM »

Hi FSchez, thank you for posting your diary. This is definitely one of the best diaries on here and it really gives hope for those who have this in their plans.

I'm wondering if it'd be possible for you to post pictures of your scar (zoomed up and relative to the entire leg).
I've always wondered how conspicuous they are. I've seen scars from other types of nails (e.g. frames, Precice, etc.) but I haven't been able to find one from Stryde nails for femurs. Would really appreciate it.

Since your physiology is almost the same as mine, I'm wondering if you can share more on how it's affected your life.
Height-wise, do you feel completely normal now compared to your peers?
Has it affected your social/dating relationships with friends or dates?
Most importantly, do you feel the surgery was worth it and would you still decide to do it again if you can go back and make a choice?
Are you satisfied with lengthening your femur or do you think you'd go back and do your tibias as well?

Thank you for taking the time to do this diary, and hopefully answer my questions. Appreciate it!

moretallpls

« Reply #325 on: March 14, 2022, 11:14:18 PM »

before surgery how did you prepare for it ?? stretching ?? did you run a lot i mean like to be prepared and have strong flexible muscles or that is not important ?? what is your recomendation ????

FSchez

« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2022, 06:40:07 PM »

Congratulations for your incredible recovery and success!
What supplements has the doctor suggested or prescribed to you?
Have you taken any by your own initiative?

Thank you Zaozari!
The doctor advised me to take a diet rich in calcium and specific supplements to promote bone growth.
I have been taking a vitamin supplement that has Calcium, Magnesium, Boron, vitamin D and vitamin K since the day of the operation for a full year.
Apart from that, when I got so thin I took protein and creatine shakes every day for 1 month and a half, thanks to that I managed to recover my muscle tone.
A few weeks after finishing the distraction process I lost quite a lot, I was down to 56 kg and I looked sick... I now weigh 63 kg and I still look skinny... ::)

FSchez

« Reply #327 on: March 20, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »

Hi FSchez, thank you for posting your diary. This is definitely one of the best diaries on here and it really gives hope for those who have this in their plans.

I'm wondering if it'd be possible for you to post pictures of your scar (zoomed up and relative to the entire leg).
I've always wondered how conspicuous they are. I've seen scars from other types of nails (e.g. frames, Precice, etc.) but I haven't been able to find one from Stryde nails for femurs. Would really appreciate it.

Since your physiology is almost the same as mine, I'm wondering if you can share more on how it's affected your life.
Most importantly, do you feel the surgery was worth it and would you still decide to do it again if you can go back and make a choice?
Are you satisfied with lengthening your femur or do you think you'd go back and do your tibias as well?

Thank you for taking the time to do this diary, and hopefully answer my questions. Appreciate it!

Hello my friend!
I'm glad my diary helps you.
I suppose that the scars are very similar to those of those who have operated with the precice nail...
This week I plan to shoot a new walking and running video so I'll show my full leg scars up close.
Socially, I haven't felt much change because I have a wife and 2 small children, and currently we don't go out much, but I do feel better when I'm in the office with my colleagues and at family gatherings.
Before the surgery I felt very short despite the fact that in my immediate environment the average height among men is shorter than the average, approximately 170 cm.
Now my height is not something that worries me, I already feel good about my appearance.
If I were younger and didn't have a wife or children, I probably would have had surgery on my shinbones as well, but in my current situation it is a process that I am not willing to go through because the recovery time is very long.
Even so, if I had to return to my natural height and was offered the opportunity to increase 8 cm, I'm sure I would do it again.

FSchez

« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2022, 07:30:06 PM »

before surgery how did you prepare for it ?? stretching ?? did you run a lot i mean like to be prepared and have strong flexible muscles or that is not important ?? what is your recomendation ????

Hello moretallpls!
I've always really liked playing soccer, tennis and athletics, and I guess it's a plus point to be in shape when you get to the day of surgery. I was also stretching my muscles and legs and hips hard for 2 months before the surgery.
I think that thanks to that it didn't take me so long to recover the flexibility of my legs...
My advice is to spend as much time as possible stretching your muscles to be very flexible on the day of the operation, I think it is one of the most important things for the preparation. ;)

FSchez

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »

Hi my friend!
This is a video I recorded yesterday where you can see the scars from the surgery.

Soon I will publish photos of the new x-rays

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »

Thanks man, your run looks great!

The scars are a bit bigger than I imagined - do they look very noticeable in real life? Are you planning to do anything about them?

FSchez

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2022, 10:22:17 AM »

Thanks man, your run looks great!

The scars are a bit bigger than I imagined - do they look very noticeable in real life? Are you planning to do anything about them?

Thanks friend!
The only scars that can be seen with shorts or boxer-type underwear are those near the knees and they are quite small. No one could imagine that they are for such a complex operation. That's why I don't have any problem

FSchez

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2022, 10:47:41 AM »

Hello again guys!!
Exactly a month ago I had planned with my doctor to remove the pins at the Barcelona hospital, but for personal reasons we had to postpone the operation.
My doctor finally pulled out the pins yesterday afternoon, around 4 pm.
Curiously, I have not felt discomfort, I have only felt very hungry because I spent the whole day without being able to eat anything since 8 am. I had a hard time sleeping so I told the nurse to bring me dinner or give me permission to have a drink even if it was very late. I was watching TV while my wife tried to sleep on the sofa-bed (the room is single and quite spacious and pleasant).
At 2:30 I started to feel sleepy but I couldn't sleep soundly because I had only been able to have a glass of juice.
At 4:00 a.m. a nurse came with dinner because I had insisted that I was very hungry and although I was already half asleep I woke up and ate everything she brought me: a potato and onion omelette with 2 slices of tomato and basil and a chicken broth with an individual bread stick. Thanks to that I was able to sleep soundly until 9:00.
The nurses have asked me several times yesterday and today if I was in pain, but at the moment I am fine, they are only giving me paracetamol by vein according to the schedule recommended by the doctor.
A few minutes ago I talked to the doctor to find out if I can move from bed and he confirmed that I can walk around the room with the crutches, so I've been trying and I feel very well.
Soon I will keep you informed of the following days and the complete recovery

FSchez

« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2022, 04:40:49 PM »

Day 1 post-op extraction surgery:

BelowTheMean

« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2022, 05:25:22 PM »

Congrats on nail removal bro! You should basically be back to normal in two weeks.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Issun-Boshi

« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2022, 03:47:48 PM »

You look great! Thanks for the videos to let us know how it's going.
Good luck with your recovery from now on and keep us updated on your progress!

FSchez

« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2022, 10:11:26 PM »

Hello again guys!
I've been pretty busy these last few weeks. All the progress is happening much faster than the recovery after lengthening.
The first 4-5 days I was limping quite a bit and my hips were very swollen but I didn't have any severe pain so I only took a painkiller one day in the first week.
The second week the swelling in my hips went down but I still had discomfort and that's why I didn't walk naturally at 100x100.
In the third week I started to feel very comfortable walking and I started to hold my children while I walked.
Every day I felt that my legs were more stable so I tried new things like climbing stairs 2 steps at a time, light jogging...
In the fourth week my walking was practically natural, like before the lengthening surgery. I thought that with the extraction of the nails I would not feel a change in my legs but now I feel light, without a foreign body that gives me tension or limits me in extreme movements such as running fast.
Now my legs feel strong and light as before.
It's been 6 weeks and I can now run without muscle tension or discomfort (at a reasonable pace). I feel natural as before the surgery, but now almost 8 cm taller and I am totally grateful to all the people who have helped me achieve it. My perception of myself has completely changed, now I am happy with my body and I have confidence in myself. I would only change one thing in this chapter of my life, if I had known earlier I would have had the surgery much younger to enjoy what I feel now.
From now on I will visit the forum infrequently because I am satisfied with my new height, I will only post some video doing the sports I used to practice before or running so that people who pursue this desire can have proof that can be achieved and have again an active life
Good luck to everyone!!

TheDream

« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2022, 11:21:39 PM »

Big congrats on the results FSchez! You made it!

Be careful with the strain after nail removal though. Especially at 8 cm lengthening. You are vulnerable to microfractures. Best to play it safe for a few months.

Growing Experience

« Reply #338 on: October 08, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »

Seldom do we find diaries which are complete (right till the nail removal stage) and so well documented! I went through your entire diary in one go - a good contribution to this forum.

Many congratulations and all the best for your future endeavors!
Bilateral Femurs (Precise 2.2) with Dr. Mangal Parihar on 2nd Aug 2022
Starting Height - 162cm ; Gained 6.9cm

Perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness yet still become something beautiful

balme

« Reply #339 on: October 08, 2022, 10:38:14 PM »

incredible journey. congrats. your all struggling were about not having ITB release I guess.

VermontGuy762

• Visitor
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2022, 05:07:25 AM »

Wow! Great diary!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up