Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.5 Cm Femurs with Dr. Giotikas and G-Nail.  (Read 28254 times)

Bagga

Re: 5.5 Cm Femurs with Dr. Giotikas and G-Nail.
« Reply #279 on: February 21, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »

You can find a Qualified Orthopaedic Doctor in your own country to review XRAYs for any misalignment or Fixation issue.
No need to send all the way to Dr. Lee.

thankscience

« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2022, 10:03:17 AM »

How much would you say you spent on taxis to and from the PT centre each week?

V21

« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2022, 07:52:19 PM »

Hey guys,
6 months post surgery it's time for an update.

From a functional point of view I feel great, even better than expected. My walk is fully normal, looking maybe slightly weird when going uphill in elevations, but only because I need to get stronger. My consolidations is good, and Giotikas is allowing me to run soon. I can walk as fast as I would pre surgery, and I feel confident that I will recovery my athleticism. My glutes are still somewhat weak, and have slight anterior pelvic tilt.

Here you can see my latest X rays: https://imgur.com/a/g93n3Jh

However, I still don't have the full amount I lenghtened, and it's getting a bit discouraging. According to X rays, and after taking magnification into account, I did 6.1 cm in one leg and 6.2 in another. However, my "real" gain in height is still 5.2-5.3 cm. Dr Giotikas seems to think that it's due to my pelvict tilt. I hope that's the case, as it's true that my posture is not 100% as good as it was pre-surgery. Now I have some time off work, so I'm going to work like a madman in correcting my posture, hoping to recover some extra mm. If I don't recover them, I feel a bit dissapointed to be honest, cause I fought really hard for every mm. Had I known this, I would have lenghtened a bit more. I will update in a few weeks if I can get my posture back to 100%.

c

« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2022, 08:03:57 PM »

why g nail 6cm,real 5cm

V21

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2022, 05:01:33 PM »

I don't know. I just measured properly again and the gain is exactly 5.2 cm, but I lenghtened 6.1-6.2. It's very very frustrating. I told Dr Giotikas and he told me to send him videos and photos of my posture. He has told me to keep strengthtening my core, as I should get something closer to 6 cm. He checked again and my latest X rays show at least 6.1 cm in lenghtening, so a gain of 5.2 is too low. I will keep on working, but I feel down today to be honest. Everything else is going so good... but I feel very disappointed losing 1 cm.

Sorcerer

« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2022, 06:55:44 PM »

Since u urself found out your posture is not as good as previous that is just the reason why you didn't achieve the full lengthening amount.
Height shrinkage as I heard only happens in cases of pins bending or external fixators being removed due to the recoil but I never heard height shrinkage after internal lengthening.

V21

« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2022, 08:02:53 PM »

Since u urself found out your posture is not as good as previous that is just the reason why you didn't achieve the full lengthening amount.
Height shrinkage as I heard only happens in cases of pins bending or external fixators being removed due to the recoil but I never heard height shrinkage after internal lengthening.
Since the shape of my femurs changed a bit with the surgery, the worst case scenario for me is that the "missing" height is due to that. I will get a spine X ray to see if something has changed there, as I had one 1 month pre surgery. In any case, I will keep doing strenghtening exercises for my back, and maybe check with a chiropractor.

hiddensir

• Visitor
« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:43 AM »

Hey guys,
6 months post surgery it's time for an update.

From a functional point of view I feel great, even better than expected. My walk is fully normal, looking maybe slightly weird when going uphill in elevations, but only because I need to get stronger. My consolidations is good, and Giotikas is allowing me to run soon. I can walk as fast as I would pre surgery, and I feel confident that I will recovery my athleticism. My glutes are still somewhat weak, and have slight anterior pelvic tilt.

Here you can see my latest X rays: https://imgur.com/a/g93n3Jh

However, I still don't have the full amount I lenghtened, and it's getting a bit discouraging. According to X rays, and after taking magnification into account, I did 6.1 cm in one leg and 6.2 in another. However, my "real" gain in height is still 5.2-5.3 cm. Dr Giotikas seems to think that it's due to my pelvict tilt. I hope that's the case, as it's true that my posture is not 100% as good as it was pre-surgery. Now I have some time off work, so I'm going to work like a madman in correcting my posture, hoping to recover some extra mm. If I don't recover them, I feel a bit dissapointed to be honest, cause I fought really hard for every mm. Had I known this, I would have lenghtened a bit more. I will update in a few weeks if I can get my posture back to 100%.

0.1 difference? won't that make any problem?

V21

« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »

0.1 difference? won't that make any problem?
0.9 difference: at least 6.1 lenghtened and 5.2 real gain. Giotikas thinks it's due to lumbar muscle weakness, as I was pretty strong pre-surgery, and now I'm weaker there. I will focus on that, and will report if I regain the "missing" height.

hiddensir

• Visitor
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »

0.9 difference: at least 6.1 lenghtened and 5.2 real gain. Giotikas thinks it's due to lumbar muscle weakness, as I was pretty strong pre-surgery, and now I'm weaker there. I will focus on that, and will report if I regain the "missing" height.
No i mean difference between left leg and right

SpeedDialer

« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »

What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of staying in Athens for 6 weeks vs longer? I believe Dr. Giotikas lets patients leave after 6 weeks

I'm thinking of staying the Montaza hotel in Athens for 6,7, or 8 weeks maybe, can't decide

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2022, 08:35:23 AM »

Hi, hope you are doing well.

May I ask you something regarding the accommodations in Athens? Do you have some places that you recommend me to stay around the hospital? How can we get some carer if we need like from time to time or flexibly? thank you

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2022, 04:33:21 PM »

Hi V21,  how did we search for airbnb apartments close to the hospital, I typed in the hospitals adress, it does not work that way, all greek, how did you manage to find one and how to search one which is close to a certain spot..

canterk

« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2022, 06:42:33 PM »

Hi V21,  how did we search for airbnb apartments close to the hospital, I typed in the hospitals adress, it does not work that way, all greek, how did you manage to find one and how to search one which is close to a certain spot..

hi, i think its better to find an apartment near the therapy center than the hospital. I think you will visit the hospital only when you need to meet the doctor but you will visit the therapist everyday.

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2022, 03:57:37 PM »

sounds wise, thank you. The therapy center that co works with the hospital shall be close to the hospital I suppose?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2022, 04:35:14 PM »

hi, i think its better to find an apartment near the therapy center than the hospital. I think you will visit the hospital only when you need to meet the doctor but you will visit the therapist everyday.

This makes sense. The only other factor I was thinking about was that Dr. Giotikas sends the nurses to the Montaza Hotel (and I think possibly the Hyatt hotel as well). It is not so easy for me to weigh the pros and cons of having nurse support + hotel staff support versus being closer to the physical therapy center and paying less for taxi rides, but what are your guys thoughts?

What problems will I likely run into?  Currently I plan to stay in the Montaza hotel the whole time

Also how much should I budget in for taxi (it seems their uber is an app called "beat") rides?

canterk

« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2022, 04:53:21 PM »

sounds wise, thank you. The therapy center that co works with the hospital shall be close to the hospital I suppose?

according to morningstar's diary, the therapy center is in another city (?) called Peristeri. and dr giotikas hospital is Mediterraneo Hospital. so checking google maps these places are far from each other.

V21

« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2022, 07:36:27 PM »

according to morningstar's diary, the therapy center is in another city (?) called Peristeri. and dr giotikas hospital is Mediterraneo Hospital. so checking google maps these places are far from each other.
Peristeri is a neighborhood, not a city. It's far from the hospital though. Better to stay close to the PT center, as you will go 4 times per week.

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »

hi Are you in Athens now?

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2022, 09:24:58 AM »

Hi are you in Athens now

asdfg12345

• Visitor
« Reply #299 on: June 07, 2022, 06:59:14 PM »

Did you ever hear clicking noises after consolidation?

Bagga

« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2022, 03:36:24 AM »

Not at all!

Vandalarius1

• Visitor
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2022, 02:04:51 PM »

Hi V21 it's been 3 months since you last posted. Have you measured your height again recently? Did you manage to recover that extra 1cm by fixing your posture?

balme

« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2022, 08:59:53 AM »

I do 3 workouts per day. They last around 30 mins: 3 strenghtening exercises (variants of leg raises) and 3 strecthing exercises with bands (quads, harmstrings and IT Bands). Besides that, I strecht like 15 mins every hour or so. For example, if I'm watching a movie with my gf, I do light stretches at the same time.

30x3 ? wow, that's a lot. Is there any list of exercising with durations?

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2022, 03:36:01 PM »

Im planning on lengthening 5 CM.  Going from 5'7 to 5'9,  From your experience..any chance that people would not notice and comment on the procedure?  I plan on doing this solo from friends and family.  Or is this just not realistic.

Like is it absolutely certain in their mind that you're taller or are they just like "something is different"
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »

Peristeri is a neighborhood, not a city. It's far from the hospital though. Better to stay close to the PT center, as you will go 4 times per week.

In practice, how useful was the massage gun for you in your experience?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2022, 09:50:37 PM »

Does Dr. Giotikas lock the gnail somehow (does it require surgery?) when you're done lengthening? To prevent accidental clicks afterwards

Thanks!!

V21

« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2023, 07:03:19 PM »

Hey guys,

Long time off the forum. All went very well and I will try to summarize everything.

At around 20 months post surgery, I'm around 80% of my pre surgery athleticism. I'm quite proficient at running, boxing... and I haven't taken the nails out yet. I do feel less explosive when sprinting. I think I will be able to get to at least a 90% of what I was, so I'm very pleased in that regard.

I mentioned that I had issues not getting the full amount lenghtened: I lenghtened 6 cm and I was only getting like 5.1 cm real height. It seems part of it was my spinal erectors getting weak. Once I started deadlifting, the issue has mostly solved. I have a real gain of 5.7 cm, so I'm happy with that. I can't stress this enough: to fully recover, you need to do proper weight training after you are consolidated. I did light stuff for a long a time and it was not enough. You need proper strenght training: lifting, sprinting...

I get my nails out in June 13th with Dr. Giotikas. I will update after my recovery.

For guys who already had their nails removed and measured properly: there are no height changes after nail extraction right? Someone told me that you may lose 2-3 mm, but I don't think that's possible once the nail is fully consolidated. There should not be changes. If any, for the better, as the nail may "lock" your hips a bit, at least in my case.

informationispower

« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »

Are you happy with the new height? Do you feel like you "cured" your neurosis?

V21

« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2023, 09:26:51 PM »

Are you happy with the new height? Do you feel like you "cured" your neurosis?

Yes, I did. It took me a while to recover physically and to get things straigth with my head, but now I'm over it. Very happy. That's why I'm pretty paranoid now about losing any height after removal. I don't want to get back in this unhealthy loop again.

thankscience

« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2023, 05:31:30 PM »

Are you able to share your latest x-rays prior to surgery? Thanks for the updates!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up