Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 inches external tibia Dr.Amar Sarin  (Read 91976 times)

Bander72

Re: 3 inches external tibia Dr.Amar Sarin
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2016, 02:46:24 PM »

Do you feel taller when  standing.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Morissette

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »

I can't stand yet the fixator can't support my weight but when I put my foot on the ground I've noticed that my knee comes up higher then it used too. Also just looking at my tibia it looks longer then before good feeling to have :)

TrueSpartan

« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2016, 03:11:26 PM »

4cm is quite significant. You will definitely feel taller. Glad your doing well and thanks for the regular updates.

Morissette

« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »

My pleasure forum keeps me busy:). And btw for anyone wondering Sweden is right that just because my heel can touch the ground sitting with my foot on my flip flops doesn't mean I won't have ballerina while standing. I'm not allowed to stand so I listen to what they say so far they haven't steered me wrong and everything has gone smoothly so I will keep doing what they say. The reason I can't stand is the fixator can only hold about 60kg and I was about 68kg before surgery idk how much weight I lost and I don't wanna risk it. People under 60kg could stand but standing doesn't mean you won't get ballerina to avoid ballerina you have to stretch ALOT every single day even after you stop lengthening up until you start walking frequently so your muscles don't tighten up again from immobility. After I stop lengthening I have a month too keep stretching before I start walking with crutches so hopefully I won't have ballerina by that point or it won't be that bad.

Sweden

« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »

The frames could stand 60kg when I was there too. Just as the IMnails.

Every day that goes and your not standing up is a day that makes your ballerina worse.

Trust me when I say that ballerina is a serious condition. It takes years to combat.

Your ankles will get used to this motionless statement and adapt to it and then stay like that. It is a complete war to get the ROM back in them.

You will regret it after 2-3 months when you feel the tightness all the time you stand up.

Remember, after frame removal you will get hard casts on your legs and then your ankles won't move AT ALL. It is absolutely devastating for them.

I lost 6 months just bc I didn't stand up. I trusted the physios in India.
There were guys that stood up and made it much better. I was afraid to break the pins if I stood up.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Morissette

« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2016, 05:26:22 PM »

I believe you but I can't go against what the doctor has told me. I'm very aware at the seriousness of ballerina and I'm doing all I can to avoid/lessen it and the ankle thing is also true but I never expected this journey to be a breeze. They used to recommend standing but noticed ballerina still happened and lack of mobility in ankles for the moment is due to the pins in my ankles. I will be sure to excerise the hell out of them frames should be off October 26th. I don't think they put casts on your legs anymore but I will confirm that tomorrow

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2016, 05:26:46 PM »

Agree with Sweden stand as much as you can, try each day just to stand as this will loosen off the tightened tissue. Try not to walk too much as imo this doesnt help. The reason is you arent really walking you are dragging your legs other than actually walking its pointless imo. You wont be able to walk until the frames are off anyway just work on getting that muscle tissue to being used to being on the ground.

Would be interested in knowing how exactly you work on your dorsiflexion, this is the biggest problem you will have with lengthening. If you overdo it on tibias you will completely lose dorsiflexion, once you lose that walking normally and being able to run or play sports will be a thing of the past. Id advise not going past 4-5cms if you are concerned for any of those things

Morissette

« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »

As of right now for my Doris flexion I use a resistance band pretty much all day long. I also sit on the edge of my bed and place 10kg weights on my knees put the front of my foot on stacked flip flops (2" off the ground) and let the weight bring it down once my heel touches the ground I lift myself off the bed and lean my legs forward as if I was in a squatting position. I'm not an athlete I can't remember the last time I played sports I do like going to the gym. I doubt I will loose my dorsiflexio I would need some serious nerve damage for that to happen, it'll definitely need to be worked on but that's just one of the many things that needs to be done if you chose to do this surgery.

The Kaiser

« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2016, 11:00:09 PM »

As of right now for my Doris flexion I use a resistance band pretty much all day long. I also sit on the edge of my bed and place 10kg weights on my knees put the front of my foot on stacked flip flops (2" off the ground) and let the weight bring it down once my heel touches the ground I lift myself off the bed and lean my legs forward as if I was in a squatting position. I'm not an athlete I can't remember the last time I played sports I do like going to the gym. I doubt I will loose my dorsiflexio I would need some serious nerve damage for that to happen, it'll definitely need to be worked on but that's just one of the many things that needs to be done if you chose to do this surgery.

take Sweden's words into consideration. its make a sense you have to walk (carefully) for blood flow. but am not sure what Precise patients should do, they can walk for 4-5 months so?

Bander72

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2016, 03:27:53 AM »

Work your arms in the gym so you can bear most of the weight there while you stand.

Morissette

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

Lengthening is still going well moving along. Little bit of pain in my tibias from time to time but nothing I can handle. Still clear of ballerina tho I'm sure I'll start getting a little soon. I'm doing my second surgery to get the frames removed on oct 26th my time was cut short due to a family member going ill. Physio is still tolerable but I've started to get ankle pains in the front of my left ankle my physio says it's due to the pin it's only nerve damage if I start having problems moving my toes or if the pain moves into my feet and toes. Can't wait to get this off my legs.

Morissette

« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2016, 05:05:33 PM »

Oh I also got interviewed by a Spanish journalist today so I'm gunna famous. In Spain... lol

Bander72

« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »

How much have you gained.

Morissette

« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »

Should be coming up to 5cm I'll know exactly when I get X-rays before getting frames removed but no matter the amount lengthened I've decided I have to stop and return home unfortunate situation but oh well.

Bander72

« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2016, 11:00:36 PM »

Hopefully you get the 5 cm at least.

Penguinn

« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2016, 05:26:39 AM »

That sucks, but if it's any consolation 2 inches is still a good gain and with 5cm you'll have top notch proportions and recovery like LL never happened.

Morissette

« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »

Yea very true I'm not too bummed out about it we'll see how it goes in the end

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »

What type of physio do they do for you at the hospital morrisette?

Morissette

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2016, 06:05:17 AM »

A lot of stretching of the Achilles' tendon and hamstring muscle + many hamstring and quad exercises to minimize muscle atrophy

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2016, 06:16:29 AM »

How exactly are those performed if you dont mind me asking?

Morissette

« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2016, 06:21:46 AM »

Well the physio helps with my Achilles stretches essentially I just lay on my bed and he pushes my foot up over and over and over going further each time and he also helps with one hamstring stretch which is me lifting my leg up straight and he pushes it as close to my head as possible while I keep it straight. He used to help with the excercises but I prefer doing it alone now. I do leg curls, leg raises, modified form of a pronated plank, sitting on the edge of my bed and straightening out my knee over and over simple things like that I also stretch on my own time a lot.

Sweden

« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »

Just as I said. Completely useless exercises. There is no point in doing these.

Every patient needs to STAND!!! Listen to me. I really know this part.

Good that you decided to stop at 5cm. It is really the maximum you should go. You'll be fine.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

onemorefoot

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2016, 11:03:51 PM »

Very good choice, Morissette, you will be very good. Dont forget that you can do femurs in the future, but both segments with a safe amount.
Budget will determine my future.

GirlOnline

« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »

how to make a post in here? cause i am also gonna go to dr sarin
Mod Note: Banned 60 days for Violating 2) Insulting the forum for no valid reasons. Please do not use the forum if you do not trust the forum for any reasons.

The Kaiser

« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2016, 05:49:44 AM »

how to make a post in here? cause i am also gonna go to dr sarin

welcome, You mean a new topic?

Morissette

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2016, 07:13:52 AM »

She already started a topic so I'm not sure what she means

Morissette

« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »

Update:
Going for X-rays Sunday I expect to be past 5cm will confirm that on Sunday. My parents are telling me to stay and finish what I started so I have a decision to make and some time to make it. Pain is still minimal I hit my external device fairly hard a few times accidently so the left pin site in my ankle has some pain. It's should go away once the bone fixes itself. Still no complications so far I can't wait to get these things off my legs though finally have a good sleep I feel the pressure these put on my knees it's not pleasant. Will keep you posted

The Kaiser

« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:54 PM »

Update:
Going for X-rays Sunday I expect to be past 5cm will confirm that on Sunday. My parents are telling me to stay and finish what I started so I have a decision to make and some time to make it. Pain is still minimal I hit my external device fairly hard a few times accidently so the left pin site in my ankle has some pain. It's should go away once the bone fixes itself. Still no complications so far I can't wait to get these things off my legs though finally have a good sleep I feel the pressure these put on my knees it's not pleasant. Will keep you posted

Hope everything goes smooth with you, stay strong and be optimistic, this will help you

ajay99

« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »

hey Morissette do you feel tightness in your legs. it mostly happens after 4.5 to 5 cm lengthening and can you please post some pictures of your xrays. some body told me about the girl suffering from complication in your guest house, can you please tell me the full story, the girl is ok now? do you know how many  patients are coming next month? If you dont know then please ask your physio manager (shaari).   

Morissette

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »

Thanks kaiser!
I don't feel the tightness in my legs no but I stretch a lot everyday and do exercises to avoid xlegs and I've been good so far. As far as I know no one has any serious complications the basic ballerina,pain,tightness,muscle atrophy possibly. And two girls just got operated on last week that's all I know as to new patients so far.

I will post my X-rays when I get them

Morissette

« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2016, 06:53:42 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/mIDvX <---- today's X-rays

Measurements aren't accurate my right leg is around 5cm my left 4.5cm. We went to a different hospital for X-rays because the one o got surgery at is an hour away so the doctor started measurement after the start of caluses which are part of how much I've lengthened.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:56:48 PM by Morissette »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up