Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wingspan dont matter at all!  (Read 6826 times)

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
Wingspan dont matter at all!
« on: September 27, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »

Yup you have read it right and i have written this after a long thinking and im 100%sure.Arm length is all that matters.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

Alittletooshort

Re: Wingspan dont matter at all!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:05:49 PM »

You are wrong, some days ago a user posted a picture of two 178 guys, one who was that height naturally and the other one lengthened 11cm's. Not only do his arms look horribly short but also his shoulder width looks like the one of a child. Some people may say that shoulder width varies extremly but this picture proofs that his torso just doesn't fit a person that height.
It's a combination of shoulder width and arm length.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »

No Shoulder width is even more important than arm length.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 02:11:14 AM »

wingspan does matter..ive been comparing myself to guys the same height as me.. and they look taller just cause they have longer arms.. .. every single guy i have seen so far that is my height or slightly taller just looks so much taller than me in my eyes..  everyones wingspan seems to be greater than their height, except mine.. i dont know why my arms didnt grow like evryone else's in proportion to my body, it gives the appearance of being shorter, smaller, its terrible.. even when im broader than them i still look shorter and smaller... yes, i do ask people do my arms look short, and they say no, but its a subconscious thing which people dont realise, which makes you look shorter than you are without a doubt.. even if it means just an inch shorter each arm it makes a massive difference to how tall you look.. even tho im 6'1 now i feel as tho i look more 5'11 just because of my arms.. before surgery i probably looked 5'9 which is now why i think i was seen as short at times.. the only people that ever called me tall before surgery were guys or girls who were slightly shorter than me and were standing right next to me.. normally it was short girls that would be shocked when i told them i was 5'11. its like because everyone was taller than them anyway, they couldnt gauge how tall i was, so assumed i was much shorter just by how i appeared.. someone said earlier they have never seen a 6'1 guy that looked average to short..well i think if you saw me you would have found your first one.. i believe alot of features i have make me look short and small, eg small head, short underdeveloped arms, small waist, skinny legs... ive been called small and little in the past, so its not just in my head.. this is probably what contributes to looking shorter than i am with the primary reason being shorts arms therefore making wingspan very important in my oppinion.

Get arm lengthening.

Descreteuser

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:13:32 AM »

Get arm lengthening.

na, im just gonna learn to accept it...
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Alu

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:46:37 AM »

I mean hey, other people don't notice as much that you have a negative ape index. And sure proportions are an important thing for people like us, but let's face it the principal reason is that we're afraid of looking odd to others. So, considering that other's don't notice that I'm sure you can learn to live with it. Best of luck.

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »

Sorry my fault.Had to be more precise.i mean if after lengthening a guy has a wingspan short of 10-12 max compared to his height and has long arms no one gives a   about his wingspan and its gonna look absolutely normal.narrow shoulders are normals in this world but not shorty arms.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

ouroboros

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 03:14:35 AM »

yes, long arms and long legs with narrow shoulders might look a bit too feminine IMO

Descreteuser

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 08:45:32 AM »

yes, long arms and long legs with narrow shoulders might look a bit too feminine IMO

still makes you look taller than broader shoulders with shorts arms lol
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Taller

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »

I have very broad shoulders and long arms and a long torso, but average to shortish legs. The result is that I look shorter than I am. Proportionally long legs make a person look taller than they actually are and vice versa.

Penguinn

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »

I have very broad shoulders and long arms and a long torso, but average to shortish legs. The result is that I look shorter than I am. Proportionally ong legs make a person look taller than they actually are and vice versa.

Lucky chap. LL should look great on you then. ;D

Taller

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:36 PM »

Haha yeah, I look great in lifts. My only proportion problem is that tibia to femur ratio is already really good, so doing one segment will throw it off. And by no means am I up for lengthening both segments. I'm leaning toward 5-6 CM on tibiae as mine are a bit bowed and I can correct that at the end of my lengthening. Either segment will worsen my ratio, though, which is pretty worrisome.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »

Haha yeah, I look great in lifts. My only proportion problem is that tibia to femur ratio is already really good, so doing one segment will throw it off. And by no means am I up for lengthening both segments. I'm leaning toward 5-6 CM on tibiae as mine are a bit bowed and I can correct that at the end of my lengthening. Either segment will worsen my ratio, though, which is pretty worrisome.

I'm in the same boat. When I lengthen my femurs(mockups) they look kinda long, but when I lengthen my tibias it looks absolutely alien, abnormal and terrible. So I'm going with femurs.

Taller

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:39 PM »

I'm in the same boat. When I lengthen my femurs(mockups) they look kinda long, but when I lengthen my tibias it looks absolutely alien, abnormal and terrible. So I'm going with femurs.

I think 8CM on tibiae is a bad idea 95% of the time, proportionally and functionally. I've seen a lot more good outcomes from people who did 7-8 CM femur, so that's definitely the way to go if you can afford it and are set on 8CM. I'm personally fine with 5-6CM, so either segment would be an option.

What are your current femur to torso proportions, more or less?

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »

I have very broad shoulders and long arms and a long torso, but average to shortish legs. The result is that I look shorter than I am. Proportionally long legs make a person look taller than they actually are and vice versa.

How broad are they?

From deltoid to deltoid.

Taller

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 04:05:43 PM »

I don't have a tape measure in my flat, so I can't tell you. But they are broader than my 187-188CM dad's shoulders by quite a bit. When I get a chance to measure properly, I'll post the number.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »

i did the deltoid to deltoid and got 51cm.. is that considered broad? ive also had my shoulders measured for a suit before on the back of my shoulder and got 50cm.. not sure if this is classified as broad or not?

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »

i did the deltoid to deltoid and got 51cm.. is that considered broad? ive also had my shoulders measured for a suit before on the back of my shoulder and got 50cm.. not sure if this is classified as broad or not?

Broader than average but if you have built your deltoid muscles it is not that uncommon. What's most interesting to me is the width of the underlying bonestructure, regardless of how bif your muscles get your arms will not move much from your torso.

Joel

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »

Broader than average but if you have built your deltoid muscles it is not that uncommon. What's most interesting to me is the width of the underlying bonestructure, regardless of how bif your muscles get your arms will not move much from your torso.
UH...  Idk if that's true if you get really fat it almost looks like your shoulders are bigger and so like therefore after LL you look better.   If you slimmed down then you would look WAY to small.
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up