Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: proportions after my experience  (Read 10009 times)

KrP1

proportions after my experience
« on: October 30, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

Hello guys, i did around 7cm in femurs with fitbone internal nail. Before surgery my legs were short , my sitting height was 91cm  for 165, after surgery i have normal/short legs. I know that many people think about proportions , after this amount of lengthening i look perfectly normal and im very confident that i could do 5 cm in tibias and look normal too,with my legs a little bit in the long side, your arms are only going to look short if you do like 7 or 8 cm over your armspawn . the conclusion is that if you are short you could do more cm than you imagine and look perfectly normal, short people almost always are short legged,  dont think that much in proportions, because there is no worse disproportion than being short.

onemorefoot

Re: proportions after my experience
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »

My sitting height is almost the same, I would say that the surgery make you even more proportionate than before.
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:41:03 PM »

How long are your femurs and legs in general?

I'm similar stats thats why im asking.

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »

How long are your femurs and legs in general?

I'm similar stats thats why im asking

my femurs are a bit long now if you look to my tibias, but nothing strange and no one cares, them doesnt look weird.
  overall i look much better than before surgery. and my torso/legs proportion is much better now.
if you are short and you have normal proportions for a short person you are going to improve a lot your aesthetics with an amount like 7cm because most of short people has disproportionate short legs .

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »

Could you give an exact amount in centimeters? I would really like to compare. I'm 166cm and have 91cm of sitting height so i'm really similar to you pre op.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:14:50 AM »

Anyone else here have an armspan 3" more than your height?
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 06:34:16 AM »

Could you give an exact amount in centimeters? I would really like to compare. I'm 166cm and have 91cm of sitting height so i'm really similar to you pre op.

36.5cm tibia and 44.5 femur. You have to measure this by telemetry xray

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 06:55:08 AM »

Pre-op?
91 sitting height + 36.5 tibias + 44.5 femurs = 172cm, and that's without counting the knee and feet.
Unless I miscalculated.

KrP1

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

Pre-op?
91 sitting height + 36.5 tibias + 44.5 femurs = 172cm, and that's without counting the knee and feet.
Unless I miscalculated.

Yeah thats what the telemetry shows. I think that you could not add the sitting height for a correct measurement

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »

We have to discount a possible magnification of around 10% . Its very common with those xrays.

Auron

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »

I'm still confused. Is this before or after the surgery?

KrP1

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »

I'm still confused. Is this before or after the surgery?

Before

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 01:14:38 PM »

Yeah thats what the telemetry shows. I think that you could not add the sitting height for a correct measurement

Well part of your legs is counted into sitting height.

Chris

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »

I'm short and long-legged.
I'm 161cm with a sitting height of 82.5cm.
My current leg-to-height ratio is 0.481 and my final ratio will be 0.506 :'(

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Iamready

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 10:05:26 PM »

can someone explain why sitting height is so important to you.  genuinely curious because I've never given i thought yet i see a lot of talk about it on the forums.  thanks

Auron

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 10:16:31 PM »

can someone explain why sitting height is so important to you.  genuinely curious because I've never given i thought yet i see a lot of talk about it on the forums.  thanks
In Chris's case I think it's important. In most of the cases not. Most of the people here have a SH of ~90cm (around) and imo it's a decent SH for most heights.

Iamready

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »

In Chris's case I think it's important. In most of the cases not. Most of the people here have a SH of ~90cm (around) and imo it's a decent SH for most heights.

I guess what I was trying to ask was: is it to figure out your torso to leg ratio post lengthening or is it literally just for figuring out what you'll look like sitting down next to other people?  Thanks

Alu

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 11:27:42 PM »

I guess what I was trying to ask was: is it to figure out your torso to leg ratio post lengthening or is it literally just for figuring out what you'll look like sitting down next to other people?  Thanks

It's a mixture. Mainly used to figure out Torso to Leg ratio, but I have my own problems with this sort of measurement.

Iamready

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 11:45:55 PM »

I'd say from my own experience. Things that are real as far as proportions concerns are...
Width of shoulders and hips.  Arm length and how low your arms hang-some people like my father have shorter necks and his arms started up higher than mine and ended higher despite being same length. Torso to legs.

It's still young in my post ll experience but I haven't noticed the sitting issue. Probably none of these things matter to other people but you should take your own perception into consideration because this is the body you will have for the rest of your life.

KrP1

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »

I'd say from my own experience. Things that are real as far as proportions concerns are...
Width of shoulders and hips.  Arm length and how low your arms hang-some people like my father have shorter necks and his arms started up higher than mine and ended higher despite being same length. Torso to legs.

It's still young in my post ll experience but I haven't noticed the sitting issue. Probably none of these things matter to other people but you should take your own perception into consideration because this is the body you will have for the rest of your life.

For my experience and what im trying to explain in this post Most people could do Leg lengthening without worrying with  proportions. Especially if they only do one segment. I did femurs. And im sure that if i do my tibias for 5 cm more i will continue looking normal. So guys. Dont think So much about proportions. Except if you have abnormal ones to begin with.

Chris

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »

I can attest, that most short men suffer from too short legs compared to their trunk (sadly, I'm an exception to this).
I think, for men, as long as they don't go above a 50% leg-to-height-ratio, nobody will notice.
Over the past year, I've seen plenty of naturally-grown leggy men who clearly were beyond the 50% mark (mostly tall people) or men who had arms like a T-Rex (all heights).
Their proportions were notably off, but nobody seemed to care. Not even their girlfriend or wife they had with them ;)
It's just the short guys I never saw or met with a lady.
Women can even lengthen to more then 50%, in most cultures, it's even considered beautiful.

So, if your starting height is less than 165cm, height beats proportions any time.
And if you're taller, proportions still don't play that much of a role as long as you stay within reason and don't eff up your biomechanics.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Iamready

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »

I can attest, that most short men suffer from too short legs compared to their trunk (sadly, I'm an exception to this).
I think, for men, as long as they don't go above a 50% leg-to-height-ratio, nobody will notice.
Over the past year, I've seen plenty of naturally-grown leggy men who clearly were beyond the 50% mark (mostly tall people) or men who had arms like a T-Rex (all heights).
Their proportions were notably off, but nobody seemed to care. Not even their girlfriend or wife they had with them ;)
It's just the short guys I never saw or met with a lady.
Women can even lengthen to more then 50%, in most cultures, it's even considered beautiful.
So, if your starting height is less than 165cm, height beats proportions any time.
And if you're taller, proportions still don't play that much of a role as long as you stay within reason and don't eff up your biomechanics.

Yeah but there's another factor involved. Personal satisfaction with results. I could go back and have them break my femur for another inch and I'm fairly positive from my experience, people wouldn't notice a thing, but I can't imagine lengthening any more and being happy with what I see in the mirror.  It's not only me that thinks this way. I know a few other patients who lengthened with me who stopped because of proportions. 

KrP1

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 03:52:02 PM »

Iamready you Will look much better when you add some muscle to your legs.  At first with atrophy proportions doesnt look as good as when you recover your muscle mass. But yeah i think for most people around 12 cm is the limit.

Iamready

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »

I'd only recommend 12cm if you have freakishly long arms or can afford arm lengthening and also put up with the suprising difficulty+pain of lengthening your arms.

KrP1

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »

I'd only recommend 12cm if you have freakishly long arms or can afford arm lengthening and also put up with the suprising difficulty+pain of lengthening your arms.

So. Are you thinking to do arm lengthening?

blahblah

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »

What is the MAX do you think one can lengthen and look ABSOLUTELY proportionate and not needing arm lengthening, single section or both sections? That also means looking in the mirror and feeling satisfied like iamready is saying. I am thinking even adding 5cm to your femurs can look oddly long when nked compared to your tibia (disclaimer: opinion only, no bashing!).

Iamready

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »

So. Are you thinking to do arm lengthening?

lets just say I have nails in 3 segments.

Iamready

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »

What is the MAX do you think one can lengthen and look ABSOLUTELY proportionate and not needing arm lengthening, single section or both sections? That also means looking in the mirror and feeling satisfied like iamready is saying. I am thinking even adding 5cm to your femurs can look oddly long when nked compared to your tibia (disclaimer: opinion only, no bashing!).

You put me in a difficult place. I don't know the answer to that. Everyone I know thought my arms looked good at my new height. That's why I think it's up to every individual and how sensitive they are. I think the best thing is to do around 6.5 on the femurs and wear a suit and every different type of outfit, swimwear you have and see if you think you can do more at that point.

blahblah

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 09:06:50 PM »

You put me in a difficult place. I don't know the answer to that. Everyone I know thought my arms looked good at my new height. That's why I think it's up to every individual and how sensitive they are. I think the best thing is to do around 6.5 on the femurs and wear a suit and every different type of outfit, swimwear you have and see if you think you can do more at that point.

Good advice, so would you say 6.5cm is safe for the arms not too look short or noticeably short?

lets just say I have nails in 3 segments.

nail: femur, tibia, humerus?

Why the arm lengthening... Was it that noticeable at 11.5cm?

Iamready

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »

I would think that 6.5 should be safe.  My advice is to be aware of it and monitor it during the process.  I couldn't because my tibia nails were not weight bearing and after I did the femurs I could barely use the walker so I didn't really have a chance to analyse myself.

There were certain outfits I would wear that brought it to my attention- also while nude- so naturally I did the research and decided go through with it.  But because arm lengthening is done in the humerus I am being very conservative to maintain a balance between a satisfactory arm length and not making the humerus appear too long.

Alu

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »

I would think that 6.5 should be safe.  My advice is to be aware of it and monitor it during the process.  I couldn't because my tibia nails were not weight bearing and after I did the femurs I could barely use the walker so I didn't really have a chance to analyse myself.

There were certain outfits I would wear that brought it to my attention- also while nude- so naturally I did the research and decided go through with it.  But because arm lengthening is done in the humerus I am being very conservative to maintain a balance between a satisfactory arm length and not making the humerus appear too long.

Wow when did you do this? Going to write about it hopefully?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up