Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't decide whether to go for it  (Read 717 times)

syn

• Visitor
Can't decide whether to go for it
« on: October 09, 2021, 02:31:22 AM »

Hi, appreciate this community exists.
I'm just looking for an outside opinion on this and I cannot talk about this with people in my life yet.

I'm around 5'10, maybe half an inch below, around that.
I have height neurosis sometimes, but sometimes it also goes away. always wanted to be 6', 5'11 is very acceptable too. just want to be higher than I am now.

I have enough money for this surgery and necessary ones afterwards, but reading the stories here terrified me. From hostile hospital staff to severe complications, its all very daunting.

I'm sure everyone who went through LL experienced this, but I don't know whether to go for it. Perhaps a sign I'm not ready

RB

Re: Can't decide whether to go for it
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 02:46:00 AM »

I'm just looking for an outside opinion on this and I cannot talk about this with people in my life yet.

I have height neurosis sometimes, but sometimes it also goes away. always wanted to be 6', 5'11 is very acceptable too. just want to be higher than I am now.

I have enough money for this surgery and necessary ones afterwards, but reading the stories here terrified me. From hostile hospital staff to severe complications, its all very daunting.

I'm sure everyone who went through LL experienced this, but I don't know whether to go for it. Perhaps a sign I'm not ready

At 5’10 i really think the cons outweigh the benefits of this surgery. Your life is unlikely to change much at all by going to 6’. IMO this surgery should only be done as a last resort by people well below average or if you have true height dysphoria that occupies your thoughts daily (if you’re average or above). It can be life changing but only if it’s truly needed otherwise it’s way too much to put yourself through just because you want to be 6 foot.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:25:46 AM »

Age probably having to do with complications.  How old are you may I ask :)

I think your height is the average for American. Are you American?

If 6 ft is your goal, you could possibly reach it by doing yoga.

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:27:41 AM »

At 5’10 i really think the cons outweigh the benefits of this surgery. Your life is unlikely to change much at all by going to 6’. IMO this surgery should only be done as a last resort by people well below average or if you have true height dysphoria that occupies your thoughts daily (if you’re average or above). It can be life changing but only if it’s truly needed otherwise it’s way too much to put yourself through just because you want to be 6 foot.

Below average ?

For example,  the average height for American or European is around 5'9, men who measured like 5'8 or under are recommended to go for LL?

RB

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 03:53:17 AM »

Below average ?

For example,  the average height for American or European is around 5'9, men who measured like 5'8 or under are recommended to go for LL?

Only if it bothers you enough. There are plenty of men below average who don’t have height dysphoria to the point where they want to do CLL. But yes generally average height is 5’9/5’10 in most western countries.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

ilovescience

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 03:59:04 AM »

Only if it bothers you enough. There are plenty of men below average who don’t have height dysphoria to the point where they want to do CLL. But yes generally average height is 5’9/5’10 in most western countries.

Thanks for the explanation. Not everyone is lucky enough to reach average height. Below the average height does have significant impact on dating. But, there are so many things to enjoy in the world, and people below average height can still enjoy wonderful life like tall men.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »

It depends on where you are. In Northern Europe, the average male height is 5'11-6'. Young men in those countries are probably well above 6'.

5'9-5'10 for a young man is definitely below average in nordic countries. It's the likely equivalent of being 5'7 in East Asian countries.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

syn

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »

Age probably having to do with complications.  How old are you may I ask :)

I think your height is the average for American. Are you American?

If 6 ft is your goal, you could possibly reach it by doing yoga.

Hello ilovescience. I am 26, is that age okay for LL? (Not that I decided to do it! just wondering from what you've read)
I am not American but people in my country are getting taller than me these days.

It depends on where you are. In Northern Europe, the average male height is 5'11-6'. Young men in those countries are probably well above 6'.

5'9-5'10 for a young man is definitely below average in nordic countries. It's the likely equivalent of being 5'7 in East Asian countries.

Thank you, this is one of the reasons I do want to go for it. I know my neurosis will go off the charts if I ever visit a place where people tend to be taller

edit:

Forgot to reply to you RB. I read your entire diary and funnily enough it was one of the things that shoved me a bit further into this rabbot hole! but I understand your point of view and your input is appreciated, thanks

overandover

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 04:01:57 PM »

Hello ilovescience. I am 26, is that age okay for LL? (Not that I decided to do it! just wondering from what you've read)
I am not American but people in my country are getting taller than me these days.

Thank you, this is one of the reasons I do want to go for it. I know my neurosis will go off the charts if I ever visit a place where people tend to be taller

edit:

Forgot to reply to you RB. I read your entire diary and funnily enough it was one of the things that shoved me a bit further into this rabbot hole! but I understand your point of view and your input is appreciated, thanks

I think you should try therapy first and then if that doesn't help then you can go for LL. LL is not free you'll lose athletic ability.

ilovescience

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 04:10:25 PM »

edit:

At age of 26, some men are still growing.  You might want to wait until past 30 before you do LL :)

ilovescience

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 04:11:38 PM »

I think you should try therapy first and then if that doesn't help then you can go for LL. LL is not free you'll lose athletic ability.

The therapy, you mean simple exercises like stretching which may extend the length of spinal cord?

LLwarrior

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 06:00:19 PM »

At age of 26, some men are still growing.  You might want to wait until past 30 before you do LL :)

No, there is almost no hope to grow a mm at that age. LL should be done as early as possible. If you didn't grow anything in the last two years, then do it.

RB

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 10:19:18 PM »

edit:

All good mate! I should rephrase and say that if you truly think it will make you happier and rid you of your height neurosis then you should consider it. 5’10 is a great height to me but its all relative so if you truly have height neurosis then the good thing is that CLL will resolve it but it’s not without its costs. Feel free to ask any lore questions.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

ilovescience

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 12:56:35 AM »

All good mate! I should rephrase and say that if you truly think it will make you happier and rid you of your height neurosis then you should consider it. 5’10 is a great height to me but its all relative so if you truly have height neurosis then the good thing is that CLL will resolve it but it’s not without its costs. Feel free to ask any lore questions.

Would you consider 5 10 tall among older generations in the Western world ?

ilovescience

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 12:59:25 AM »

No, there is almost no hope to grow a mm at that age. LL should be done as early as possible. If you didn't grow anything in the last two years, then do it.

Usually men stop growing at around 18 or 20. I have heard that some guy who went to military service at age of 25 or somewhere around there, he grew 2 inches tall in 1 year when he finished his military. Very rare though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up