Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice on how much i should lengthen my femur  (Read 958 times)

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
Need advice on how much i should lengthen my femur
« on: August 12, 2022, 04:09:27 PM »

Hey guys, I need your help. I am going go lengthen my femora with Prof. Dr. Betz in Germany using the Betzbone Nail.
I know I will be out of proportion lengthening only one Region, but maybe it does not look too bad?

Could you guys take a look at my mockup and tell me what lengthening you would advise from an aesthetic perspective?

https://imgur.com/H1iC1zT

My starting values:     Height: 171 cm    Femur: 48,5 cm   Tibia 38,6 cm   Wingspan: 178 cm

Thanks alot in advance!

Vogel

Re: Need advice on how much i should lengthen my femur
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 05:12:39 PM »

6cm looks great proportions wise. Maybe 7cm would also be fine. So between 6 and 7 👍🏼

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 05:18:40 PM »

Even 10 cm doesn't look bad.

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »

Thanks for your opinions! The more I look at my mockups the more I think they don't look good.  ::)
I just hope the gain of height does feel and look good and counterbalance the worsening of the proportions.

TheDream

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:23:06 PM »

The aesthetic difference between now and +6 is really good.

I can’t really see a difference between +6 and +8.
Femurs look a bit too long at +10.

Also a better probability of a good recovery if you stick to +6 so I would advise that.

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 09:25:52 PM »

Okay thats another vote for +6cm, thanks for sharing your thoughts   :)

Shogun

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 09:52:23 PM »

6 is great but let's think about it for a second. You give your time, effort, mind(sincs u focus on the process) and money for a cosmetic surgery like this. In other words, i really think 7cm is better. Aesthetically, close your eyes, and look at only 1 specific mock-up(for example +7 cm). Does it look weird? Hell no
So I say 7cm it is!

Now an extra note, 10cm is okay(would rate it 7/10).If you would want 10 cm you should split it 6+4 (femur-tibia) and it would be a perfectly proportional taller you (also for 99% of people). I would even argue that adding 1cm more to each one (7+5) would be also a nice idea.

informationispower

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 11:10:14 PM »

A picture with your arms hanging by your sides will be more accurate in terms of determining proportions.
6cm is of course better than the others because it is less. I dont know your height, but imo for any height above 168cm, 6cm is enough as you cross the 175cm thershold

Vogel

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 07:16:26 AM »

Thanks for your opinions! The more I look at my mockups the more I think they don't look good.  ::)
I just hope the gain of height does feel and look good and counterbalance the worsening of the proportions.

To be honest, with 6cm you look aesthetically better than your current height and proportion.

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 07:50:49 AM »

@Shogun: I totally agree that a split looks better by far from the aesthetic point of view. I also did a 5 + 4 and a 6 + 4,8 mockup (not uploaded here)
Reasons against it are:
- I would have another severe operation (I think Tibia even more severe than Femur)
- healing in Tibia is worse, it would take alot of time doing two regions
- financially it would not be possible doing two regions (at the moment)

But from an aesthetic point of view it does look really proportionate with lengthening both areas, I agree!

@information is power: I don't have mockups with arms hanging down unfortunately (did not do them by myself). My starting height is 171 cm and my wingspan is 178 cm.
I would be 177 cm in height after getting 6 cm (and I have to go one leg 7,2 cm, cause of femur length difference of 1,2 cm. Tibiae are exactly the same length!).
The 175cm threshhold is not the 180 cm threshhold, I know, but I think maybe being 177 cm is still enough to lose my height insecurity. So I understand what you say about reaching at least 175cm is a goal in itself!

@Vogel: Wow, that is a statement! If that was true... if the proportional change of +6 cm Femur would even be "better than before" that would be so great!  :D :D :D

I really appreciate the discussion. I think only people with the same or similar issues can really give honest and good advice!

Taller90

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 09:48:41 AM »

Honestly, I don't see an issue to go further than 8, I mean in 99% of your lifetime you will have clothes on and I assume that you would still look good in short pants after doing 10 cm. Nevertheless, it is also up to your body and flexibility how your body would handle such a new height. Therefore, I would recommend to start and decide your final goal during the lengthening for example after you have reached 6 or 7 cm. Listen to your body and find your final size based on that rather than be focused on one final number. Hope you understand what I mean.

That's my diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71436.0

I am going through the same process right now and honestly although my ratio seems to be bad based on the numbers, so far nobody have mentioned or noticed that my femurs might be a bit longer than they should be. But this is only my personal experience in this regard. Finally you will regret stopping at 6 although your body would be able to go further at least this is what I would do :)

So good luck and keep strong. The first weeks are the hardest!
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71436.0#top

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 11:06:23 AM »

Hey Taller90,
the part of maybe regretting to have stopped at 6 cm was mentioned by Prof. Dr. Betz as well. I think your approach, deciding in the process, is quite valuable.
I have already read your diary and saw the pictures and I agree, your proportions look good despite having lengthened "so much".

Another concern is doing (light) sports like jogging with such long femora. I would like to go back to doing sports like jogging several times a week until the end of my life and I don't know how the femur / tibia ratio will affect that. And while I can evaluate my proportions during the lengthening of my femora and stop if I think i reached a certain point, I can't do that for the ability to run long term. So I tend to be a little bit more conservative with the length goal from beginning....

I will have surgery next month...  :-X :-X :-X

Shogun

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 10:40:09 PM »

I am glad if I helped brother. It's a sirious surgery snd not to be underestimated. Also please note I HAVE NOT done it myself and it is very obvious how much i value safety.

I am personally an extremely patient person, meaning, if i was you (and valurd proportions to the maximum) I would go for the 6cm and ENJOY my new height. Then after it is possible (having recovered and enjoyed the height) maybe go for a 2md one on the tibias for 4-5 cm.
Aesthetically that would be the best in my opinion.

By the way, i must agree with a point a person above made and it was to have your arms down so the wingspan can be shown.

For example me myself my armspan is 176-177cm,meaning the maximum i should go for is 180-181 (tty to not exceed 5 cm over wingspan bcs then thats when some people might look twice)

Also if you at any point overthink too much the proportions just keep in mind that 99.999% of peopld do not notice it at all. Literally not a second.
Obviously, do not go for crazy amount like 20cm. But if i had to give an estimate, i personally think every guy at the 170-177cm range can easily pull off a 6-10cm lengthening
That is judging by all the mock ups i have seen

Shorter men (165-170cm) usually pull off greater lengthenings since most of the time(if you are lucky too) ylegs are simply short.Thats why you may see 1.68m men pull of 14 cm of lengthening.

To bring this answer to an end keep your lengthening between 6-7cm nobody will ever say anything and love it. And if you want more bear in mind that those 4-5cm in your tibias won't hurt (only your wallet will xD)

AllinStryde

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »

Go for 6 or 7.  I did this and I got really tight.  That's with doing PT every day and doing at-home stretching.  If someone goes to 10 they are changing the mechanics of their body that squatting down or leaning over, etc will become very odd.  I could feel the difference at 7cm, so I couldn't imagine 10.  Also, your tightness levels will be off the charts and some soft tissue damage may occur at 10.  To answer the question, 6 looks great...8 looks acceptable.  Go for lucky number 7.

Caerulean_Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »

Hey AllinStryde,

thanks for your answer! My surgery will be in a few weeks and my goal at the moment is indeed 6 or at most 7 cm. And even "only" 6 cm will push my Femur / tibia ratio to a level that does not occur in natural variation of femur / tibia ratio according to studies.
I am really glad that you guys consider my appearance at 6 cm growth as good looking, I was already thinking lengthening only one segment (Femur) by that amount will make me look awkward.
But I think most people won't notice the proportions.

Getting anxious, the operation is coming closer   
Pages: [1]   Go Up