Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley Institute | Bilateral Femur Surgery | Dr Dr Deszczyński & Dr Albrewczyński  (Read 10385 times)

IgnoredByMods

Mod Note: The OP (original poster) has request to include a footnote warning against HGH.  do read the entire topic for the full details on HGH .

" Some patients may want to inject themselves with HGH because they think they can just take it and it'll make them taller. "

This topic is a merge of two  topics by the OP

Original Post as follow
===
Hi LL Forum! I have been lurking this forum for a while but decided to get more involved here.

I am considering LL however I wanted to know your opinions.

Height: 5'7 (171cm)
Sitting Height: 3'6 (106 cm)
Wingspan: 5'10 (179cm)
Inseam: 25-26" - Finding trousers is a nightmare as most places in Europe start at 30" inseam clothing for men.
Femur (measured in an MRI scan): 35cm
Tibia: 28cm
Chest: 42 inches (No I'm not very muscular)
Weight: 80kg / 176lbs (17% body fat, weight comes from wide and large upper body).

Rationale: I don't want to go over 5cm for femurs as it appears to me that you start getting complications after that. With tibiae, 5cm will take slightly longer to heal however I do not mind losing some explosiveness. My aim is to maximise recovery pre-LL so I will not be greedy due to the risks involved. I am considering doing 5cm on femurs (internal STRYDE) and 4-5cm on tibiae (internal STRYDE) so the biomechanics are not affected greatly due to the 0.8 ratio between the tibiae and the femurs. My priorities are safety and maximum recovery, not massive gains (i.e. 12-16cm+) which increase risks exponentially. I'm also currently waiting for STRYDE to return as it has full weight bearing capabilities, unlike PRECISE 2.2.

Problems: I am in the 18-25 age bracket (looking to keep some anonymity). My growth plates (epiphysis) are still open according to a radiologist. The scan was taken 3 months ago and the growth plates have shown no signs of closure.  Currently unsure when it would be better to go through with my plans for LL. Is it worth taking somatropin/human growth hormone and wait until they close?

I wanted to ask any veterans what exercises I should do in order to maximise my recovery. What kind of stretches should I do in order to reduce the likelihood of complications arising?

Due to having a really long upper body, I was wondering if there is any point worrying about proportions. I am still growing so I am using HGH (grew 0.5cm in 2 months of use) so I can minimise the amount of lengthening needed.

I wanted to do some mock-ups however I am not sure how to go about it. Can someone give me some information on how I could do this?

For context, I am a southern European male living in a really tall region of Western Europe. Most women my age are around my height. I am tired of all the height remarks and short leg comments from both genders. To add salt to the wound, I lost count of the times that I heard "I would date you/hook up with you but you're too short". I want to reach the average so I do not have to compensate to be respected by both genders.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:26:08 AM by Admin »

Masteryourlife

Re: Quadrilateral 171cm to 181cm journey w/Paley + advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 07:05:06 PM »

I have no idea about how HGH works because I came late for that topic to be a thing for me lol .
Your plan seems reasonable to me , I would just maximize HGH if I was you , in order to grow as much as possible and save some cms on the surgery so I would not rush the surgery for no reasons .
By average , you probably mean your national average because to reach the global one you would be all set with a 5 cm femur lenghetning .
I'm from Europe too a nd waiting for the next weight bearing nail as well for a 5.5/6cm femur lenghetning.
May I ask what doctor you would like to go to ?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 10:48:05 PM »

My gosh, I thought I had a tall sitting height. You blow mine out of the water.

With your proportions, either 1) you still have massive growth coming in your extremities that hopping on HGH will likely fix, 2) you have androplasia, or 3) you're still in puberty and will be feeling your growth spurt soon. I highly suggest seeing an endocrinologist (better yet a pediatric endocrinologist) to see what's going on.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Masteryourlife

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 11:16:49 PM »

I have no idea about how HGH works because I came late for that topic to be a thing for me lol .
Your plan seems reasonable to me , I would just maximize HGH if I was you , in order to grow as much as possible and save some cms on the surgery so I would not rush the surgery for no reasons .
By average , you probably mean your national average because to reach the global one you would be all set with a 5 cm femur lenghetning .
I'm from Europe too a nd waiting for the next weight bearing nail as well for a 5.5/6cm femur lenghetning.
I just realized I asked the doctor when the post name is quadrilateral w/Paley lol

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »

My gosh, I thought I had a tall sitting height. You blow mine out of the water.

With your proportions, either 1) you still have massive growth coming in your extremities that hopping on HGH will likely fix, 2) you have androplasia, or 3) you're still in puberty and will be feeling your growth spurt soon. I highly suggest seeing an endocrinologist (better yet a pediatric endocrinologist) to see what's going on.

Having this sitting height and torso length has its pros and cons. When I am sitting down it can be quite fun to watch people trying to guess my height. I've been mistaken for being 6'3-6 so many times when I'm at a club. The reactions are definitely quite interesting to watch, but some are pretty brutal  ::).

Girls love to wear my XL hoodies which is always a fun conversation starter. However, I have a tall person problem without actually being tall. My head touches the ceiling of many cars while I sit down and seats in trains and planes are usually a bit too small.

Thanks for your advice. I will be contacting a GP tomorrow so I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. I started taking low HGH dosages privately and saw a 0,5cm increase in 6 weeks. You might be correct when it comes to the third option. I did not have a major growth spurt during "puberty" years. Instead, I saw linear growth which was constant since childhood.

I can't exactly do both high-dosage HGH and cover the quadrilateral surgery as 1-2 years of high-dosage HGH will basically cost the same as the surgery itself here.

I will see if I can get for cheaper/free in the public healthcare system by presenting evidence of the MRI scan, the doctor's letter stating that growth occurred with 6 weeks of HGH, and stating that I am currently on 0.023mg/kg/day of HGH which is considered a "low" dosage.

I am doing this without telling anyone (and I am therefore self-funding it) as I will be branded a lunatic by family members :P.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »

HGH is essentially a natural hormone in your body which stimulates growth. If your growth plates are open you can take synthetic HGH to increase your height. This can be done if you have low HGH levels. If you do not have low HGH levels and/or your growth plates are closed, it can cause serious complications and growth will not occur.

I will see a public endocrinologist soon to see if I can get some extra HGH. It would be a nice top-up to what I am getting privately (and it should hopefully boost my height). The private endocrinologist deals more with HGH for aesthetic reasons rather than diagnosing problems.

Yeah, by average I mean my country's average.

It is better to wait for the weight-bearing STRYDE nail. It appears to be the best one so might as well go for it.

I am thinking of going to Paley due to his experience. What about you?

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »

I just realized I asked the doctor when the post name is quadrilateral w/Paley lol

No worries at all haha, it happens.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »

HGH is essentially a natural hormone in your body which stimulates growth. If your growth plates are open you can take synthetic HGH to increase your height. This can be done if you have low HGH levels. If you do not have low HGH levels and/or your growth plates are closed, it can cause serious complications and growth will not occur.

I will see a public endocrinologist soon to see if I can get some extra HGH. It would be a nice top-up to what I am getting privately (and it should hopefully boost my height). The private endocrinologist deals more with HGH for aesthetic reasons rather than diagnosing problems.

Yeah, by average I mean my country's average.

It is better to wait for the weight-bearing STRYDE nail. It appears to be the best one so might as well go for it.

I am thinking of going to Paley due to his experience. What about you?

About Paley I said it several times in this forum , he is a great doctor but he do not perform on you .
Robbins does the job and follow ups are not made by Paley as well so 90k + living expenses in an expensive place for a surgery done by a less experienced surgeon then a lot out there...seems little stretched to me .
It is my opinion tho so no big deal but that's why I asked before (realizing later u mentioned Paley), because I'm from Europe too and wanted to know if you had any in mind here .

SuchLL

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »

About Paley I said it several times in this forum , he is a great doctor but he do not perform on you .
Robbins does the job and follow ups are not made by Paley as well so 90k + living expenses in an expensive place for a surgery done by a less experienced surgeon then a lot out there...seems little stretched to me .
It is my opinion tho so no big deal but that's why I asked before (realizing later u mentioned Paley), because I'm from Europe too and wanted to know if you had any in mind here .

Paley does one leg and Robbins does the other. That’s why the surgery only takes about 1 hour for femurs and 1.5 hours for tibias. None of us could tell which doctor did which leg unless we asked. Robbins is very experienced with internal nails too. So 100k is “Paley + Robbins” price. Followups will be with Paley if you have serious problems. In my opinion that’s all that matters since small problems can be resolved by any doctors, but we want a very experienced doctor to be there to resolve complex issues. However I feel they should let patients know about this during consultation. I least I didn’t know Paley would only operate one leg until the surgery day, which made me feel bad for a moment.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 06:17:26 PM »

Paley does one leg and Robbins does the other. That’s why the surgery only takes about 1 hour for femurs and 1.5 hours for tibias. None of us could tell which doctor did which leg unless we asked. Robbins is very experienced with internal nails too. So 100k is “Paley + Robbins” price. Followups will be with Paley if you have serious problems. In my opinion that’s all that matters since small problems can be resolved by any doctors, but we want a very experienced doctor to be there to solve complex issues. However I feel they should let patients know about this during consultation. I least I didn’t know Paley would only operate one leg until the surgery day, which made me feel bad for a moment.
You certainly have a point but Robbins in an interview said that he did not even used ex fixators ... my point is that we are (not all but a good amount) so selective with doctors and want them 20+ years of experience , good amount of CLL etc. But we are willing to do it with Robbins at Paley institute for 90k + .
I don't want to act stupid here but I feel that this surgery it's difficult for who it's not specialized in it therefore knows just a small % of what can or cannot happen .
For a limb lengthening surgeon specialized in deformity corrections this is a routine surgery and almost every one had learned from Paley anyway .
So ok they do one leg etc. But what makes it more safe at the Paley institute with 90k+ against a 69k of dr.Lee ?
With some extra K u also get accommodation at the institute of dr.Lee which is great and they have a state of the art of rehab center .
Given the fact he did not answear to me in so long Its clear Lee it's not my pick anymore so I am not promoting him but just to compare why (according to me) Paley it's a great place to go but for that money you have better options .
Most of us here stay local for the lenghetning and do it solo or with just a person so Korea or USA might have a difference for and English speaker but not that much to justify 20 k of difference .
Another thing its if u live in Florida then whatever but overall I believe that currently Lee it's the best one giving the experience , his career (Yonsei university and Severance Hospital which is one amongst the best ortho hospital worldwide ) and his prices .
He is also in his prime (50-55 yo)  and Paley is close to 70 and therefore retirement.
All in all that is why I believe that especially from Europe , you could save 20k and do it with Lee as safe as with Paley .
Robbins for example did not suggest to TakingAction to slow down the lenghetning with the shin numbness when Paley did and suggests it in its literature .
It's not a big deal but he might have to deal with numbness in the future for such a stupid thing .
All in all you will turn out fine but those small things are what makes me hesitant here .

Again no promotion here , I am having a consultation with dr.Peter Thaller in january so I earn nothing from promoting Lee but if he was more responsive he would have been my choiche .

SuchLL

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 10:03:26 PM »

Robbins for example did not suggest to TakingAction to slow down the lenghetning with the shin numbness when Paley did and suggests it in its literature .

Robbins was on a honeymoon and it’s Dr Shannon who didn’t suggest slowing down.

I agree 90k+ (or almost 100k) is expansive for “Paley + Robbins” price. Surgeons in the US are just expensive I think. For example Dr Rozbruch charges 125k not because he’s more famous or more experienced than Pelay but he’s in New York where cost of living is crazy. I agree there’re more valuable options to choose for people who are not in US and there’re many good doctors besides Paley.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 11:41:54 PM »

Having this sitting height and torso length has its pros and cons. When I am sitting down it can be quite fun to watch people trying to guess my height. I've been mistaken for being 6'3-6 so many times when I'm at a club. The reactions are definitely quite interesting to watch, but some are pretty brutal  ::).

Girls love to wear my XL hoodies which is always a fun conversation starter. However, I have a tall person problem without actually being tall. My head touches the ceiling of many cars while I sit down and seats in trains and planes are usually a bit too small.

Thanks for your advice. I will be contacting a GP tomorrow so I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. I started taking low HGH dosages privately and saw a 0,5cm increase in 6 weeks. You might be correct when it comes to the third option. I did not have a major growth spurt during "puberty" years. Instead, I saw linear growth which was constant since childhood.

I can't exactly do both high-dosage HGH and cover the quadrilateral surgery as 1-2 years of high-dosage HGH will basically cost the same as the surgery itself here.

I will see if I can get for cheaper/free in the public healthcare system by presenting evidence of the MRI scan, the doctor's letter stating that growth occurred with 6 weeks of HGH, and stating that I am currently on 0.023mg/kg/day of HGH which is considered a "low" dosage.

I am doing this without telling anyone (and I am therefore self-funding it) as I will be branded a lunatic by family members :P.

You should absolutely put your money towards treating any HGH deficiencies or any other such hormone-related problems, first. It's very likely you won't even need LL if you're treated correctly. I unfortunately didn't address my precocious puberty growing up, and as a result, I lost out on 5-6 inches that I need LL to regain. If you work quickly, you might be able to avoid this mistake & LL entirely.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 11:44:12 PM »

Robbins was on a honeymoon and it’s Dr Shannon who didn’t suggest slowing down.

I agree 90k+ (or almost 100k) is expansive for “Paley + Robbins” price. Surgeons in the US are just expensive I think. For example Dr Rozbruch charges 125k not because he’s more famous or more experienced than Pelay but he’s in New York where cost of living is crazy. I agree there’re more valuable options to choose for people who are not in US and there’re many good doctors besides Paley.

I think it makes sense. Dr. Paley is *the* premier leg lengthening surgeon, and while he might not be performing the surgery itself, LL is much more than just the 1-1.5 procedure to install the nails. It involves a lot of other technical know-how that Paley can provide throughout the process. 

Future space tycoon

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2022, 04:46:14 PM »

You should absolutely put your money towards treating any HGH deficiencies or any other such hormone-related problems, first. It's very likely you won't even need LL if you're treated correctly. I unfortunately didn't address my precocious puberty growing up, and as a result, I lost out on 5-6 inches that I need LL to regain. If you work quickly, you might be able to avoid this mistake & LL entirely.

I feel like it will be a race against time when it comes to HGH and growth plates.

I’ll probably see if I can get some from the public system for cheaper so I can buy many more pens and therefore increase the concentration. The biggest problem will be convincing my GP. However, I assume that with all the evidence that I got from the private clinic it should be enough to get it sorted. 0.5 height increase in 6 weeks with low dosages of HGH in addition to odd proportions should HOPEFULLY raise some eyebrows.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 11:20:46 PM »

Hey fellow European! I decided to update this thread.

After taking Human Growth Hormone (HGH) also known as Somatropin, my height increased from 5'7 to 5'8 with consistent use since October. My dosage has increased from 3IU to 6IU.

I will maximise my growth (projected to hit 178-181cm which is 5'10-5'11), I will then then pay for bilateral femurs (4cm gain) at the Schoen clinic under Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton for a final 6'0-6'1 height. I am assuming that my growth plates will not close before 5'10-11. If they do not, I will only do 4cm femurs as the recovery is fantastic relative to 5cm+.

Surgery should occur in the summer of 2024.

thaw1010

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 11:26:53 PM »

Hey fellow European! I decided to update this thread.

After taking Human Growth Hormone (HGH) also known as Somatropin, my height increased from 5'7 to 5'8 with consistent use since October. My dosage has increased from 3IU to 6IU.

I will maximise my growth (projected to hit 178-181cm which is 5'10-5'11), I will then then pay for bilateral femurs (4cm gain) at the Schoen clinic under Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton for a final 6'0-6'1 height. I am assuming that my growth plates will not close before 5'10-11. If they do not, I will only do 4cm femurs as the recovery is fantastic relative to 5cm+.

Surgery should occur in the summer of 2024.

Consider yourself lucky, I definitely wish my parents and I knew about growth hormone before my growth plates closed. I'll need one more surgery than you, but hopefully we can both make it to 6'1!

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 11:34:28 PM »

Consider yourself lucky, I definitely wish my parents and I knew about growth hormone before my growth plates closed. I'll need one more surgery than you, but hopefully we can both make it to 6'1!

I was fortunate enough to learn about LL when I was 18. I was able to discover that my legs did not grow for whatever reason so I'm able to maximise my growth while they're still open. I am even likely to get free HGH as I will see an endocrinologist in the public system in the first week of April!

My ideal scenario would be growth plates closing at 6'1, but if I get 5'10-5'11 I'll consider myself blessed.

Let me know how the surgery goes! What are your reasons for doing LL? Do you have a thread which I can follow? You got this brother!

thaw1010

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 11:41:47 PM »

I was fortunate enough to learn about LL when I was 18. I was able to discover that my legs did not grow for whatever reason so I'm able to maximise my growth while they're still open. I am even likely to get free HGH as I will see an endocrinologist in the public system in the first week of April!

My ideal scenario would be growth plates closing at 6'1, but if I get 5'10-5'11 I'll consider myself blessed.

Let me know how the surgery goes! What are your reasons for doing LL? Do you have a thread which I can follow? You got this brother!

IIRC, most guys' growth plates close around 17, so it's cool that you got lucky on that front. For me, when I was 16 the doctor showed that I haven't grown in a year. Got xrays on my left knee and wrist, turns out my growth plates are fused. Enter a ton of height dysphoria and realizing that you'll end up shorter than your own sister + a ton of your peers.

I'm 17 now, and fortunate enough to have a family that can afford two surgeries. The timing works out pretty well too, allowing me to recover from the first surgery over summer break, then waiting a year to get the second surgery. I'll definitely start my diary when I get my femur surgery in June this year. Fingers crossed I'm 6'1 in a year and a half, which is my ideal height imo.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2022, 12:35:58 AM »

IIRC, most guys' growth plates close around 17, so it's cool that you got lucky on that front. For me, when I was 16 the doctor showed that I haven't grown in a year. Got xrays on my left knee and wrist, turns out my growth plates are fused. Enter a ton of height dysphoria and realizing that you'll end up shorter than your own sister + a ton of your peers.

I'm 17 now, and fortunate enough to have a family that can afford two surgeries. The timing works out pretty well too, allowing me to recover from the first surgery over summer break, then waiting a year to get the second surgery. I'll definitely start my diary when I get my femur surgery in June this year. Fingers crossed I'm 6'1 in a year and a half, which is my ideal height imo.

First thing: you have an Operation Wildfire medal as your pfp, glad to see other CSGO players xD

Yeah I was really lucky in this aspect, the leg ones are the first growth plates to close. Then the upper-body follows and ends at the spine. THEORETICALLY I have 2-3 years until all growth plates close, so fingers crossed that I will reach my goal without surgery!

I was actually misdiagnosed by the radiologist. He claimed that they were closed (but they looked open) so I got a second opinion. The other radiologist claimed that they were open so I disputed the diagnosis. After the review, it was found that they were actually open. So I am quite lucky!

I wonder if I'll be lucky enough for it to close at 6'1 (theoretically it can close now, which is less than ideal). If that happens, I will probably use the surgery money for tooth whitening and other stuff.

However, I was unlucky in another aspect: I was projected to hit 6'3 until I was 10. However, I never had a growth spurt so I continued to grow linearly. Growth patterns are usually linear, then the growth spurt occurs and then it stops. In my case, there was no growth spurt so I kept growing linearly until 5'7, so my bone age is actually in the 14-15 region.

I am stretching, sleeping properly, and exercising a lot as I saw some medical journals claiming that it helped with maximising growth. I am also drinking a lot more diary products (milk, cheese, supplements, yoghurts, etc.) as it resembles the Dutch diet. They must be doing something correct as it's clearly working for me.

My reason for LL was because I live in a tall region in Europe so I get mocked over it ("Napoleon complex"). If I reached 6'1 I'd be above average and would be taken much more seriously socially, romantically and career-wise. I see this as an investment as taller people earn more according to international studies so I'll make my money back eventually.

Once you get in college it starts to bother you as there are so many tall guys. As soon as college started, that's when I started the LL research. And here I am now.

Do you have specific goals for tibia and femurs? Btw do you plan on creating a diary?

thaw1010

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 01:00:43 AM »

First thing: you have an Operation Wildfire medal as your pfp, glad to see other CSGO players xD

Yeah I was really lucky in this aspect, the leg ones are the first growth plates to close. Then the upper-body follows and ends at the spine. THEORETICALLY I have 2-3 years until all growth plates close, so fingers crossed that I will reach my goal without surgery!

I was actually misdiagnosed by the radiologist. He claimed that they were closed (but they looked open) so I got a second opinion. The other radiologist claimed that they were open so I disputed the diagnosis. After the review, it was found that they were actually open. So I am quite lucky!

I wonder if I'll be lucky enough for it to close at 6'1 (theoretically it can close now, which is less than ideal). If that happens, I will probably use the surgery money for tooth whitening and other stuff.

However, I was unlucky in another aspect: I was projected to hit 6'3 until I was 10. However, I never had a growth spurt so I continued to grow linearly. Growth patterns are usually linear, then the growth spurt occurs and then it stops. In my case, there was no growth spurt so I kept growing linearly until 5'7, so my bone age is actually in the 14-15 region.

I am stretching, sleeping properly, and exercising a lot as I saw some medical journals claiming that it helped with maximising growth. I am also drinking a lot more diary products (milk, cheese, supplements, yoghurts, etc.) as it resembles the Dutch diet. They must be doing something correct as it's clearly working for me.

My reason for LL was because I live in a tall region in Europe so I get mocked over it ("Napoleon complex"). If I reached 6'1 I'd be above average and would be taken much more seriously socially, romantically and career-wise. I see this as an investment as taller people earn more according to international studies so I'll make my money back eventually.

Once you get in college it starts to bother you as there are so many tall guys. As soon as college started, that's when I started the LL research. And here I am now.

Do you have specific goals for tibia and femurs? Btw do you plan on creating a diary?

Really cool to meet another cs player on here, hopefully I can hit faceit lvl 10 sometime this year lol.

It's crazy how genetics and growth works, with delays and such. I personally know someone at my school who's always been shorter than me, but over quarantine grew to 6'2. Crazy stuff. Fingers crossed with good diet and discipline you can make it to 6'1+ without surgery! That'd be the dream. It's definitely a solid height in northern Europe, US too.

I'm going to try to hit 8cm on both the femurs and tibias. Given my age, current flexibility, and time, I should at least have a fighting chance. And yep, I plan to start my diary when I get my femur surgery in June.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »

Really cool to meet another cs player on here, hopefully I can hit faceit lvl 10 sometime this year lol.

It's crazy how genetics and growth works, with delays and such. I personally know someone at my school who's always been shorter than me, but over quarantine grew to 6'2. Crazy stuff. Fingers crossed with good diet and discipline you can make it to 6'1+ without surgery! That'd be the dream. It's definitely a solid height in northern Europe, US too.

I'm going to try to hit 8cm on both the femurs and tibias. Given my age, current flexibility, and time, I should at least have a fighting chance. And yep, I plan to start my diary when I get my femur surgery in June.

I haven't played in ages but do you want to have a match sometime? It'd be fun xD

I feel like genetics is the ceiling, the growth itself can be affected by the environment (exercise, nutrition, stress, sleep, stretching, and sun exposure).

That's a very interesting case, some people grow so quickly in a matter of months! I'm really excited for next year as I'll be able to tell whether I hit my goal or not. I guess I'm young enough to brush it off as a late growth spurt. I feel like people demonise you for using HGH / doing LL surgery, Messi is a prime example of being mocked for HGH.

6'1 would be so sweet, I'm burning all my savings so I can reach that goal. Let's see how it goes I suppose!

8cm on femurs + 8cm on tibiae is a very ambitious goal. Are you not concerned about the side effects? Have you considered something along the lines of Paley's option 5 (https://limblengthening.org/lengthening-strategies/)? It would be a lot safer than 2 surgeries!

thaw1010

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 02:35:52 AM »

I haven't played in ages but do you want to have a match sometime? It'd be fun xD

I feel like genetics is the ceiling, the growth itself can be affected by the environment (exercise, nutrition, stress, sleep, stretching, and sun exposure).

That's a very interesting case, some people grow so quickly in a matter of months! I'm really excited for next year as I'll be able to tell whether I hit my goal or not. I guess I'm young enough to brush it off as a late growth spurt. I feel like people demonise you for using HGH / doing LL surgery, Messi is a prime example of being mocked for HGH.

6'1 would be so sweet, I'm burning all my savings so I can reach that goal. Let's see how it goes I suppose!

8cm on femurs + 8cm on tibiae is a very ambitious goal. Are you not concerned about the side effects? Have you considered something along the lines of Paley's option 5 (https://limblengthening.org/lengthening-strategies/)? It would be a lot safer than 2 surgeries!

I private messaged you my steam profile if you want to add me!

I totally understand how 8cm femur AND 8cm tibia (especially tibia) is very uncommon, but again, given that I'm younger and probably more flexible than most CLLers, and am doing both surgeries one year apart, I believe I have a chance at this. Meck and MyEvolution are good examples of people who lengthened "more than recommended." Also as shown in my previous posts, my proportions won't look too weird afterward. I already have longish arms, and apparently longer legs looks better on a guy anyway. We'll see what happens!

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 03:18:34 AM »

I private messaged you my steam profile if you want to add me!

I totally understand how 8cm femur AND 8cm tibia (especially tibia) is very uncommon, but again, given that I'm younger and probably more flexible than most CLLers, and am doing both surgeries one year apart, I believe I have a chance at this. Meck and MyEvolution are good examples of people who lengthened "more than recommended." Also as shown in my previous posts, my proportions won't look too weird afterward. I already have longish arms, and apparently longer legs looks better on a guy anyway. We'll see what happens!

Fair enough buddy. Have you considered doing 4cm femurs 4cm tibia 2x? You’d be able to see if 16cm is really for you! I’m only concerned that you might get an injury from 8cm at once in a bone. Look after your health! 4cm in each segment with HGH, hydrotherapy and a good diet twice sounds a lot safer. Dr Ian said that 4cm as a one-off is possible without complications. Best of luck with your journey!

thaw1010

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 04:06:39 AM »

Fair enough buddy. Have you considered doing 4cm femurs 4cm tibia 2x? You’d be able to see if 16cm is really for you! I’m only concerned that you might get an injury from 8cm at once in a bone. Look after your health! 4cm in each segment with HGH, hydrotherapy and a good diet twice sounds a lot safer. Dr Ian said that 4cm as a one-off is possible without complications. Best of luck with your journey!

I'd rather minimize the # of surgeries I get if possible. The doctor I'm going with said he doesn't insert 4 nails at a time for obvious reasons, and going through two LL surgeries in less than a month's span seems pretty traumatic to me.

AimHigh

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 04:17:58 AM »

B4 my 8cm Femur LL i could easily palm the floor. i had a 20 cm sit and reach score (bear in mind i have a 93 cm sitting height, and you  have 106 cm so your "Flexibility maybe more about short legs than actual muscle/joint flexibility) , after 8cm LL i prob have a 2cm sit and reach, and can barely reach touch the ground whilst standing - keep in mind your flexibility will most likely decrease with age!.
I am 179 cm right now, i wear 4 cm lifts and dream of another ~ 4cm LL on Tibs (to even up my T/F ratio and achieve normal L/B ratio), anything above 6 cm on tibs is deemed as risky by most LLdocs i have spoken with (Mumbai, Barcelona, vietnam, Melbourne), Anyway I doubt i ever will do the Tib CLL ($$ and time off work considerations), and i may regret the loss in flexibilty as well.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 10:16:13 PM »

I'd rather minimize the # of surgeries I get if possible. The doctor I'm going with said he doesn't insert 4 nails at a time for obvious reasons, and going through two LL surgeries in less than a month's span seems pretty traumatic to me.

Fair enough buddy. I hope it works out!

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 10:18:00 PM »

B4 my 8cm Femur LL i could easily palm the floor. i had a 20 cm sit and reach score (bear in mind i have a 93 cm sitting height, and you  have 106 cm so your "Flexibility maybe more about short legs than actual muscle/joint flexibility) , after 8cm LL i prob have a 2cm sit and reach, and can barely reach touch the ground whilst standing - keep in mind your flexibility will most likely decrease with age!.
I am 179 cm right now, i wear 4 cm lifts and dream of another ~ 4cm LL on Tibs (to even up my T/F ratio and achieve normal L/B ratio), anything above 6 cm on tibs is deemed as risky by most LLdocs i have spoken with (Mumbai, Barcelona, vietnam, Melbourne), Anyway I doubt i ever will do the Tib CLL ($$ and time off work considerations), and i may regret the loss in flexibilty as well.

You reached a great height! Have you noticed any side effects? Also, how has your life changed since LL (all aspects).

CrispinGloverFan12

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2022, 01:06:17 AM »

How did you manage to get an XRAY to check your growth plates? I'm 17 and im wondering if theyre open too.. if so.. HGH brah!

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2022, 07:04:34 PM »

How did you manage to get an XRAY to check your growth plates? I'm 17 and im wondering if theyre open too.. if so.. HGH brah!

I asked a private consultant about HGH as I believed that my growth pattern was unusual. We agreed to go through with it and I was given a referral to get an MRI for my legs. Received good news and started the treatment.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2022, 07:06:04 PM »

A small update:

On Monday, I will see an endocrinologist. If I manage to convince him with the evidence from the private consultant, I will possibly get high dosages of HGH for free for 12-24 months! I am so nervous, let's see how it goes. My goal is to reach 5'10-5'11 (2-3in to go) with HGH and gain 2 inches with LL.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2022, 11:17:47 PM »

Update 03/04/2022:

Measured my height, currently standing at shy of 175cm (5’9). HGH is showing great results! I might start taking pictures if people want?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up