Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiencing heightism  (Read 980 times)

wants2growtaller

Experiencing heightism
« on: November 13, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »

Hi everyone! I am experiencing really bad heightism. And I really dont have anywhere to turn to.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Sambollio

Re: Experiencing heightism
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 12:52:39 AM »

“ Guys I want to clear my name Im not obsessed with heightism and I don’t spam” - person who is on their 500th post about heightism. Turn to a mental health professional. Actually, no one here can help you.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 08:45:05 AM »

I was asking for support privately. This is a support for short people, that experience height related issue, heightism or cosmetic limb lengthening procedure etc.

And I am posting on the off topic. Talking about heightismy would be making posts everyday, multiple times a day about heightism...which I dont.

And even if I did. So what? It's on off topics. If you don't like people talking about heightism. Move on. Heightism is a major problem. And I'm not going to completely stop talking about it. Just not as frequently.

Talking about heightism in the off topic section. It's not something to be ashamed of

Why are you reading my posts if you don't like the topic?

I don't bother with posts I'm not interested in.

Just move on.  If you do not like me.

So I am asking nicely. Please stop all this hateful comments, harassment if you don't like me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:33:51 AM by wants2growtaller »
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

overandover

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 09:26:12 AM »

Hi everyone! I am experiencing really bad heightism. And I really dont have anywhere to turn to.

Why don't you change your country or move somewhere else?

wants2growtaller

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 09:42:49 AM »

Why don't you change your country or move somewhere else?

Hello. Thank you for your suggestion and reply,
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:17:42 AM by wants2growtaller »

zaozari

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 11:23:32 AM »

First of all, if you haven't your epiphyseal plates closed, not any minimum serious competent doctor in the world will make the surgery. This may be a good thing to you because women still naturally grow, generally not much (but sometimes still considerably) until the plates close which may be somewhere between you are around 18 or 24 years old.

While you "wait" don't stop exercising, stretching and maybe taking supplements of calcium, vitamin D (also catch lots of sun because that produces natural vit. D in our skin), iron (to better assure plenty  of oxygenation and nutrition of tissues. Don't forget of course a good, balanced nutrition, without getting fat!

I would advise you also to have psychological counselling or a serious coach to develop your self esteem and help you start making your life projects starting now.
Second, go to an endocrinologist consultation to check your height and future predictions (also to order Rx to your epifhyseal plates). After that he may prescribe or not injections of human growth hormone Note however that these not allways have any result, specially in your age (you are 15?). Sometimes the body like reduces its own production of the hormone and it sort of "compensates" for the intake of artificial hormone.

Third, when you have your plates closed, if you have still the "problem", keep or get counselling specifically mentioning LL (ideally you may speak about that from the first day you have counselling). Explain all the procedure to the psychologist: the amount you can grow with minimum risk, all the possible risks, etc. Also what concretely makes you feel bad about your height with practical examples.

Fourth: if after, let's say, at least two years you still want LL, start researching who are the 3 best, more experienced LL surgeons, and go to a consultation personally with all 3, regardless of costs. You mustn't enter into the LL project without all the advisable financial resources including forecast of possible complications and their treatment. Take a systematic list of questions and also evaluate the empathy you feel with them. Try to know through them and the forum if he stands by after surgery  during the elongation process (and accessible preferably also in the consolidation phase). Be sure that it's really him that will make the surgery (Pale only operates one leg and then "disappears" and you get alone with a faceless team where nobody cares according  to some members of this forum).

Finally, be wise! Take into account the average height in your country of residence or future residence, ear the doctor and NEVER have as an objective to grow past 5,5 cm if you do tibias alone (or 20% of their height), and 7 cm if you do femurs alone (or 20%, whichever is lower). I wouldn't advise you to do both, resist that temptation to reduce risks at all cost. If you go for both, don't exceed the total of 20% of the leg or 11 cm in total.

If choosing tibias or femurs I suggest you mock a picture and as you are a girl and maybe care more about legs beauty, do tibias, contrarily to the more frequent advice here: if you do femurs, when you are with skirts, in the beach,  or even nked with your boyfriend,  you will have your knees too close to the ground). However, with tibias elongation and consolidation will take more time and patience (femurs are "easier" and may be elongated more, and its the main reason they are more popular).

Choose the LL method wisely after analysis with all possible sources. Don't choose necessarily "modern", "fashion" nails. You can even go with the cheapest but also tested and improved since 70 years ago Ilizarov type of externals. But beware as these are not confortable at all and you have to take extra precaution to diminuish risk of pin infections, despite these are allmost allways easy manageable.

If your are obese at that point you must address that, ie, have never more than 20% maximum of body fat and a good percentage of muscle (not less than 32% but check your case and body with the doctor).
Talk to the doctor and some physiotherapist (it would be a bad sign if the doctor didn't have them in the team, or close to). Start a targeted physical intensive physical preparation at least one month before surgery (ideally, the sooner the better, like...today!). Get muscular mass calculation among other tests 1 month before and after, nearer the date foreseen for the surgery.
Allways keep psychological support and also from your family and one or two closest friends and boyfriend if you have. Get assured somebody will allways be with you all the LL time, even if it's somebody hired.
Assure yourself that you get the necessary regular Rx and doctor's direct, close and dedicated follow up.
Follow all his advise and prescriptions. Never ignore anti embolism medicines, feed yourself with a lot of proteins (meat and dairy products, maybe also supplementary, as well as calcium, magnesium, and also iron. Iron is to improve a good supply of oxygen it carries to the new tissues in need to grow.
And of course never do less than advised hours of physical exercice.

Really finally: check at all costs that you have height neurosis before LL. It may be just an adolescent phase.

5"4 is REALLY OK for a girl in the whole world!
Don't take the risk, spend the time and the money. Concentrate on your personal development instead: skills, education, travel, normal routines (not painful LL routines...)!!

Good luck!

wants2growtaller

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 09:05:48 PM »

First of all, if you haven't your epiphyseal plates closed, not any minimum serious competent doctor in the world will make the surgery. This may be a good thing to you because women still naturally grow, generally not much (but sometimes still considerably) until the plates close which may be somewhere between you are around 18 or 24 years old.

My epiphyseal are definitely closed. So limb lengthening surgery would be the only solution if I wanted to be taller.

While you "wait" don't stop exercising, stretching and maybe taking supplements of calcium, vitamin D (also catch lots of sun because that produces natural vit. D in our skin), iron (to better assure plenty  of oxygenation and nutrition of tissues. Don't forget of course a good, balanced nutrition, without getting fat!

That is really good advice. Because I have read CLL journals wherever patients never exercised, stretchting, calcium and they experienced some complications during surgery. I think some experience drop foot or their ligaments had a hard time in stretching rtc.

I would advise you also to have psychological counselling or a serious coach to develop your self esteem and help you start making your life projects starting now.
Second, go to an endocrinologist consultation to check your height and future predictions (also to order Rx to your epifhyseal plates). After that he may prescribe or not injections of human growth hormone Note however that these not allways have any result, specially in your age (you are 15?). Sometimes the body like reduces its own production of the hormone and it sort of "compensates" for the intake of artificial hormone.

I dont need a psychologist. My self esteem doesnt come from my appearance just who I am as a person. If I decided to do this CLL it would be for appearance purposes.

Third, when you have your plates closed, if you have still the "problem", keep or get counselling specifically mentioning LL (ideally you may speak about that from the first day you have counselling). Explain all the procedure to the psychologist: the amount you can grow with minimum risk, all the possible risks, etc. Also what concretely makes you feel bad about your height with practical examples.
My problem is heightism. I never had a really problem with being short. If there was no heightism. I would just be short.

Fourth: if after, let's say, at least two years you still want LL, start researching who are the 3 best, more experienced LL surgeons, and go to a consultation personally with all 3, regardless of costs. You mustn't enter into the LL project without all the advisable financial resources including forecast of possible complications and their treatment. Take a systematic list of questions and also evaluate the empathy you feel with them. Try to know through them and the forum if he stands by after surgery  during the elongation process (and accessible preferably also in the consolidation phase). Be sure that it's really him that will make the surgery (Pale only operates one leg and then "disappears" and you get alone with a faceless team where nobody cares according  to some members of this forum).

Yes. I have researched cLL doctors. I heard the best doctor is Paley. And I know to stay away from Dr. Guiche. I was looking into Dr. Giotikas. I have heard some really succesful cLL surgeries.

Finally, be wise! Take into account the average height in your country of residence or future residence, ear the doctor and NEVER have as an objective to grow past 5,5 cm if you do tibias alone (or 20% of their height), and 7 cm if you do femurs alone (or 20%, whichever is lower). I wouldn't advise you to do both, resist that temptation to reduce risks at all cost. If you go for both, don't exceed the total of 20% of the leg or 11 cm in total.

Where I live heightism IS a problem. As well as other systemic prejudices. I think that doing 5 cm on femur. And 5 cm on tibia would be enough for me.

If choosing tibias or femurs I suggest you mock a picture and as you are a girl and maybe care more about legs beauty, do tibias, contrarily to the more frequent advice here: if you do femurs, when you are with skirts, in the beach,  or even nked with your boyfriend,  you will have your knees too close to the ground). However, with tibias elongation and consolidation will take more time and patience (femurs are "easier" and may be elongated more, and its the main reason they are more popular).

Choose the LL method wisely after analysis with all possible sources. Don't choose necessarily "modern", "fashion" nails. You can even go with the cheapest but also tested and improved since 70 years ago Ilizarov type of externals. But beware as these are not confortable at all and you have to take extra precaution to diminuish risk of pin infections, despite these are allmost allways easy manageable.
Yes I am aware of the different limb lengthening procedure. I think PRECICe and STRIDE are the best options for CLL.

If your are obese at that point you must address that, ie, have never more than 20% maximum of body fat and a good percentage of muscle (not less than 32% but check your case and body with the doctor).

I am not obese. I plan on keeping the same height as I am now.

Talk to the doctor and some physiotherapist (it would be a bad sign if the doctor didn't have them in the team, or close to). Start a targeted physical intensive physical preparation at least one month before surgery (ideally, the sooner the better, like...today!). Get muscular mass calculation among other tests 1 month before and after, nearer the date foreseen for the surgery.

Allways keep psychological support and also from your family and one or two closest friends and boyfriend if you have. Get assured somebody will allways be with you all the LL time, even if it's somebody hired.
Assure yourself that you get the necessary regular Rx and doctor's direct, close and dedicated follow up.
Follow all his advise and prescriptions. Never ignore anti embolism medicines, feed yourself with a lot of proteins (meat and dairy products, maybe also supplementary, as well as calcium, magnesium, and also iron. Iron is to improve a good supply of oxygen it carries to the new tissues in need to grow.
And of course never do less than advised hours of physical exercice.

Really finally: check at all costs that you have height neurosis before LL. It may be just an adolescent phase.

Yes. Cost is important. Cost would include surgery, plus possible complications, after care, hotel, phyisotherapy and also months of rehabilitation. It will definitely add up.

5"4 is REALLY OK for a girl in the whole world!
Don't take the risk, spend the time and the money. Concentrate on your personal development instead: skills, education, travel, normal routines (not painful LL routines...)!!

5'4 in my opinion is pretty short.  I think 5'8 is a nice height on women.

Good luck!
[/size][/size]
[/size]
[]I was actually looking for some moral support in regards heightism.

But thank you for taking your time to write this post. If and when Im ready for cosmetic limb lengthening surgery I will use this as a reference.
[/size][/size][/size]

zaozari

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:51:04 PM »

Good luck with Paley, the one who operates one leg while the colleague operates the other, disappears after surgery and has a good team of physiotherapists but otherwise faceless unsupportive team.
The one who makes most false medical propaganda selling LL in nice pictures like potatoes. The one that says that with him, there are never, ever, infections (simply impossible to guarantee).

And good luck with your preferred nails.
By the way, "your" Stryde was recalled., it's not authorized to be used anymore because of serious problems it caused.

But really, what credible sources do you have? Read scientific articles? Went to consultations?

In concrete terms what do you know about Guichet, the only one with same years of experience as Paley and who invented a nail that is being tested to be used by the National Health System in the UK?
You consider Giotikas but not Guichet. You don't even know that GUICHET TRAINNED GIOTIKAS, who is now using Guichet's nail. Giotikas thinks Guichet is good. You, a 15 year old girl, thinks (?!?!) Guichet is bad!!!

What do you know about safety, advantages and disadvantages of each nail or method?
You really need good luck.
And if you will do LL not because of being short but because what others say, yes, you need a psychologist. In my country I was never bullied after 17 years old. In two years you will be 17, no? So probably bullying will be minimal. And you go for such a thing as LL and being 5"4 m?

You are crazy!

wants2growtaller

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »

Good luck with Paley, the one who operates one leg while the colleague operates the other, disappears after surgery and has a good team of physiotherapists but otherwise faceless unsupportive team.
The one who makes most false medical propaganda selling LL in nice pictures like potatoes. The one that that with him, there are never, ever, infections (simply impossible to guarantee).

And good luck with your preferred nails.

But really, what credible sources do you have? Read scientific articles? Went to consultations?

In concrete terms what do you know about Guichet, the only one with same years of experience as Paley and who invented a nail that is being tested to be used by the National Health System in the UK?
You consider Giotikas but not Guichet. You don't even know that GUICHET TRAINNED GIOTIKAS, who is now using Guichet's nail. Giotikas thinks Guichet is good. You, a 15 year old girl, thinks (???) Guichet is bad!!!

What do you know about safety, advantages and disadvantages of each nail or method?
You really need good luck.
And if you will do LL not because of being short but because what others say, yes, you need a psychologist. In my country I was never bullied after 17 years old. In two years you will be 17, no? So probably bullying will be minimal. And you go for such a thing as LL and being 5"4 m?

You are crazy!

Wow!  Thats kinda rude. Inuslting me for what? After i took the time to respond to your post. And you call me crazy? im not crazy at all.  I am against heightism. Most of my posts on heightism, are back and forth conversations that other people started about heightism. There are some posts that I started discussing heightism. And other posts I just added my opinion on other peoples posts.

i do not understand you at all! You first seem supportive. And then turn around and be this insulting person towards me for no reason.

I think its weird that some of you are looking up my posts. Did you even read anything i wrote? Probably not. Whatever continue hating.

I live a life of peace and positivity. So i wish all the haters a good life.

zaozari

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 10:06:28 PM »

I edited my answer.
You don't understand me? Look at what you wrote answering to me in the other topic!!

wants2growtaller

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 10:10:49 PM »

Yes You are attacking me for no reasons. So what if I talk about heightism. Did you even take the time to read my posts about heightism. Some of you bullies are making me out to be this crazy person who repeatedly talks about the same talking point in regards to heightism. Which I dont.

And if some of you dont like me talking about heightism. Why do you bring it up?

i took the time and responded to THIS post. And now you are attacking me.

anyways. I have defending myself quite enough.

I have done nothing wrong.

If you dont like what i talk about. Then dont read it. Its that simple.

Good night.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 05:56:13 PM »

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

sportiveshort

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 06:40:47 PM »

I do. I try to avoid it though. It was not that evident until I moved countries.
I overcame it by working my *ss off a being successful. Once I heard the saying (doesn't apply to heightism, more about privilege): everybody is the same when they have to sit and talk in the table, it is more about what you have in your head rather than what you think you are.
I think about this, and became extremelly competitive due to this reason.

I don't think about it much anymore, I'm saving to get the process done, I wanted Stryde, it got recalled, I'm considering other nails, but I'm not sure yet just because of this.

This forum is full of angry people who attack other people without reason. Some of them get obsessed about this in the wrong way, it can be hard but just ignore them as, by the way the respond to you, they have way more problems than you, and something must be wrong in their head.
They go to incredible lenghts to even recommend Guichet!? I'm not very active in this forum as I think I shouldn't be until I get my process, but a simple 30 min read through the posts will show why he is considered a butcher around here.

However, at the end of the day, you need to chose your own doctor and live with your decission. I was considing Giotikas and still am (it's close to where I am), I am reconsidering it based on recent events. I was considering Betz, still reconsidering it. Some people recommend Dr. Lee even though he doesn't answer his messages, most consider Paley as he is sort of the leading doctor. Everybody will have its own pros and cons and at no one will like the same doctor the same, they will all have something good/bad about them.

Anyway, good luck, try not to come into this forum much (unless you're preparing to get CLL soon, like me), then it is good so you know what to do (how to prepare), what to expect, and it can keep up with some recent experiences with some doctors.

ilovescience

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 12:43:42 PM »

I do. I try to avoid it though. It was not that evident until I moved countries.
I overcame it by working my *ss off a being successful. Once I heard the saying (doesn't apply to heightism, more about privilege): everybody is the same when they have to sit and talk in the table, it is more about what you have in your head rather than what you think you are.
I think about this, and became extremelly competitive due to this reason.

I don't think about it much anymore, I'm saving to get the process done, I wanted Stryde, it got recalled, I'm considering other nails, but I'm not sure yet just because of this.

This forum is full of angry people who attack other people without reason. Some of them get obsessed about this in the wrong way, it can be hard but just ignore them as, by the way the respond to you, they have way more problems than you, and something must be wrong in their head.
They go to incredible lenghts to even recommend Guichet!? I'm not very active in this forum as I think I shouldn't be until I get my process, but a simple 30 min read through the posts will show why he is considered a butcher around here.

However, at the end of the day, you need to chose your own doctor and live with your decission. I was considing Giotikas and still am (it's close to where I am), I am reconsidering it based on recent events. I was considering Betz, still reconsidering it. Some people recommend Dr. Lee even though he doesn't answer his messages, most consider Paley as he is sort of the leading doctor. Everybody will have its own pros and cons and at no one will like the same doctor the same, they will all have something good/bad about them.

Anyway, good luck, try not to come into this forum much (unless you're preparing to get CLL soon, like me), then it is good so you know what to do (how to prepare), what to expect, and it can keep up with some recent experiences with some doctors.
Limb lenghening is still a surgery with risk. Some people developed complications after the surgery. Due to some complications their mobility were limited. However LL is a choice if one wants to overcome height problem. One day LL may finally become safe and affordable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up