Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Stryde Veterans... Pain in Hip and Knees?!!!  (Read 1158 times)

LegSGo!

LL Stryde Veterans... Pain in Hip and Knees?!!!
« on: March 03, 2021, 07:03:59 PM »

LL stryde Veterans,

When does the aching pain go away where the screws are holding the nail in place at the hip and knee?

My personal experience is I am over 100 days post op and I’ve stopped lengthening as of Feb. 2, 2021. Im  heavy into my PT and steps everyday.

I know everyone’s journey is completely different, but just looking for others who may have experienced this.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Walk on!

Starting Height: 170 cm
Final Height: 177 cm
Procedure: Stryde Femur (11/20/2020 - 02/04/2021)
Doctor: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad

LegSGo!

Re: LL Stryde Veterans... Pain in Hip and Knees?!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 09:45:02 PM »

LegSGo!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »

Erkan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »

I dont know an answer because Im just little bit over a month post op. But I do also feel the pain from the screw on one side of my hip. I think it depends on the angle of the bone and the screw. Sometime it happens that the screwhead stands out a little bit. On my xray you could see the difference between both sides. Its not much on the x ray but it makes a big difference in pain. Could it be that it will be gone completely after the nail removement?

LegSGo!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 03:12:16 PM »

Yeah, that is what I am hoping and I’ve seen a few journals from Movie and Alchemist talking about it. I was just wondering if it ever completely goes away? I would have expected my progression in healing to continue as it has been over the past 3months, considering my PT regime and activity would help resolve the pain eventually.  My hips are still weak and I’m really focusing strength training in that area. Right now I am 105 days Post Op and 32 days since I completed lengthening. Still can’t put on pants without holding onto something for my right side.  I don’t know, maybe I am expecting too much too soon. Even my walk is effected by it in the morning, like I’m backsliding to the penguin walk.

Just looking from the forum and others experience if this is normal for the course.

Thanks!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 04:10:13 PM »

Interesting, I wonder if I am affected by this issue too. I have trouble doing stuff when I need to stand on just my left leg and it's much weaker than my right side, but I think it's just weakness. I don't think I've ever felt any pain that I would attribute to the screws.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

LegSGo!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 09:15:05 PM »

Yeah, I have just been experiencing pain in the hips mainly when I wake up in the morning or if I have been sitting for quite sometime in a chair. Just feel stiff and dull pain in the hips and I occasionally have to remind myself not to penguin walk.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 10:00:20 PM »

Stopped lengthening several months ago. I have seen improvement with pain and tightness. I don't have knee pain any more but still have tightness around my hips and hamstrings. I experience occasional pain sometimes. I also working out very hard at the gym and PT doing heavy squats and weight training which may attribute to the pain/tightness. I am looking forward to the nail removal.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 02:06:08 AM »

Stopped lengthening several months ago. I have seen improvement with pain and tightness. I don't have knee pain any more but still have tightness around my hips and hamstrings. I experience occasional pain sometimes. I also working out very hard at the gym and PT doing heavy squats and weight training which may attribute to the pain/tightness. I am looking forward to the nail removal.

Hey RPS, how is squatting heavy with extended femurs? Did you have to change your positioning due to the new center of gravity? Or is it just not possible to get down low anymore.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 02:35:54 AM »

I am squatting to around 90 degrees with proper form. It was difficult at the beginning because of longer femurs....It has been getting a lot easier. It may take me couple of years to fully recover from this surgery. This is including the nail removal and body adjusting to 8cm longer femurs.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 08:15:08 AM »

I did Precice in 2014 and I still have pain in my left hip.

overandover

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »

Did you consult with your doctor about the pain? What did he say? Is it constant pain or just some pain that occurs sometimes?

Erkan

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 01:38:19 PM »

Did you get your nails removed?

LegSGo!

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »

Thanks... Yeah, at PT we have began squats at or below 90 deg. but with very light weight or no weight at all.

I do feel great right after PT and leg exercises, but then it’s the mornings when I feel really stiff.

Also, I’m a stomach and side sleeper so it does aggravate my screws and hips still have a slight pain when laying on my side.

LegSGo!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 06:06:46 PM »

No, still in consolidation phase. I am only apps. 30 days out of lengthening.

Over 100 days post op and I’ve stopped lengthening as of Feb. 2, 2021. Im  heavy into my PT and steps everyday.

LegSGo!

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 06:16:26 PM »

Yes, they said this typical for the course and to continue strength training and keep daily step count over 7K. Focus on the 6month mark and judge then.

The body is still getting used to the new bio mechanics so need to be patient with that. 

I like having a very active lifestyle so patience is tough.

The struggle with recovery is you will see great gains in the first 3months that are rewarding. Whether that’s in your height or your recovery progress in flexibility and strength.

Now that I have fully lengthened all I am left to focus on are the rewards of how I am recovering and working to get back to who I was before.

The gains in recovery seem to be much smaller during consolidation.  Almost unnoticeable at times. The flexibility I can clearly see is improving, but the mobility/agility still has a ways to go to get where I want to be. So it’s a mental challenge to be patient with the body’s ability to recover.

Stryde2021

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 01:20:40 PM »

Your PT said this is typical ?  How would they know, given most PT places have zero LL experience?

Ronman

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 02:26:43 AM »

Wow. How bad is it. Manageable?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 07:19:47 AM »

Yes, they said this typical for the course and to continue strength training and keep daily step count over 7K. Focus on the 6month mark and judge then.

The body is still getting used to the new bio mechanics so need to be patient with that. 

I like having a very active lifestyle so patience is tough.

The struggle with recovery is you will see great gains in the first 3months that are rewarding. Whether that’s in your height or your recovery progress in flexibility and strength.

Now that I have fully lengthened all I am left to focus on are the rewards of how I am recovering and working to get back to who I was before.

The gains in recovery seem to be much smaller during consolidation.  Almost unnoticeable at times. The flexibility I can clearly see is improving, but the mobility/agility still has a ways to go to get where I want to be. So it’s a mental challenge to be patient with the body’s ability to recover.

FWIW both Movie and SNC said they saw a big improvement around the 4.5 month mark after surgery, or about 6 weeks after starting consolidation I believe. Hopefully you will feel better by then as well. At least you're done lengthening.. I'm still going on the distraction!

Jamesy998

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »

Thanks... Yeah, at PT we have began squats at or below 90 deg. but with very light weight or no weight at all.

I do feel great right after PT and leg exercises, but then it’s the mornings when I feel really stiff.

Also, I’m a stomach and side sleeper so it does aggravate my screws and hips still have a slight pain when laying on my side.

Does that screw pain from sleeping on the side go away eventually? very much hope it does as Im also a side sleeper myself.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

BelowTheMean

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »

Does that screw pain from sleeping on the side go away eventually? very much hope it does as Im also a side sleeper myself.

I think it varies a lot from person to person. I don't have any screw pains and have been able to sleep on my side normally since week 6 after surgery.

Erkan

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2021, 05:32:32 PM »

In my case its only if I make certain moves. No screw pain when sleeping on the side.

Jamesy998

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »

In my case its only if I make certain moves. No screw pain when sleeping on the side.

I think it should get better with time.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up