Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long until I can walk without the device?  (Read 845 times)

liltunechi

How long until I can walk without the device?
« on: February 10, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »

hey guys

most likely i will be travelling to either moscow or baku to do LON with dr bagirov

I only want to lenghten 3cm

from the day I get surgery, approx how long after will I be able to take the device? it doesnt need to be 100% walk, just to be able to take the device off my legs and be able to walk somewhat.

i have heard around 3-4 months. is this true?

I am 24 years old and in great shape.

i am 170cm tall
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:00:51 PM by shawtydancer »

Cr7

Re: How long until I can walk without the device?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »

Depends on your bone consolidation. You can expect anywhere between 5-10 months.
But normal walking, no sugar coating here at least after a year.
Regarding dr Barinov he has had mixed results. Rgkey one of the worst if not the worst.
Read some diaries man.
 May I know the rationale behind the 3-4 cms of lengthening?

liltunechi

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »

Depends on your bone consolidation. You can expect anywhere between 5-10 months.
But normal walking, no sugar coating here at least after a year.
Regarding dr Barinov he has had mixed results. Rgkey one of the worst if not the worst.
Read some diaries man.
 May I know the rationale behind the 3-4 cms of lengthening?

how really? 5-10 months for just 3cm?

I only want to lengthen 3cm.  it should take around 30 days to lengthen that much. i thought that after lengthening, for only 3cm, it would take around 3-4 months to take off the device and walk somewhat normal, even a limp is fine.

am i correct in this?

Cr7

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

My mistake limp would be there and you will do just fine on the crutches. Read some diaries to get a clear picture, there is no golden timing reagarding the time frame, some walk earlier and for some it gets delayed, after nailing you would  be able to walk. Do you want to dos this bcoz of some sort of discrepancy or for cosmetic purpose.
If it’s for stature lengthening than believe me an increase of 3 cm is not worth going through this procedure.
For Lon it should be 4 months.

myloginacc

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »

My mistake limp would be there and you will do just fine on the crutches. Read some diaries to get a clear picture, there is no golden timing reagarding the time frame, some walk earlier and for some it gets delayed, after nailing you would  be able to walk. Do you want to dos this bcoz of some sort of discrepancy or for cosmetic purpose.
If it’s for stature lengthening than believe me an increase of 3 cm is not worth going through this procedure.

The more you lengthen, the worse it is for your soft tissues. I also think it was Pili who said that people normally start developing equinus contracture (BF) after 3cm.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

liltunechi

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »

yeah its for cosmetic purposes.

so basically, after around 30 days of lengthening at 0.1mm a day, I should get to 3cm. I am happy with that. Could you please explain what to expect afterwards? would i be able to walk the day after the frames are taken off? on crutches? are how long would it take to walk without crutches with a limp?

liltunechi

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »

The more you lengthen, the worse it is for your soft tissues. I also think it was Pili who said that people normally start developing equinus contracture (BF) after 3cm.

after around 30 days of lengthening at 0.1mm a day, I should get to 3cm. I am happy with that. Could you please explain what to expect afterwards? would i be able to walk the day after the frames are taken off? on crutches? are how long would it take to walk without crutches with a limp?

short

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »

Just use insoles or boots with higher soles.

Cowboy99

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 08:31:22 PM »

Hello mate! I hope you are doing well. May I ask if you had the surgery and how long did it take to take off frames amd walk normally? I have done surgery last year 7th September in Baku with Dr. Bagirov now it is been exact 9 month I did 7,5cm. Everything is fine so far
Smile

Golden

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 09:58:43 PM »

Hello mate! I hope you are doing well. May I ask if you had the surgery and how long did it take to take off frames amd walk normally? I have done surgery last year 7th September in Baku with Dr. Bagirov now it is been exact 9 month I did 7,5cm. Everything is fine so far

Hey there,

Hope you're doing just fine.

May I ask you about the method used? and how long did it take to walk?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up