Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal Humerus to Forearm ratio?  (Read 26342 times)

LittleWhiteMan

Ideal Humerus to Forearm ratio?
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:03:41 AM »

In Bodybuilding forums, it seems that most of the tall "brahhss" have forearms pf about 13" and biceps pf 16.5" and such, in other words, ratios of 5:4 and 7:6. My forearm is 9" long and my humerus is around 11.5" long as well so you can say I have a normal ratio, yet I have short arms that do not let me do LL that easily. So, what do you think about it? Is the ratio important? I have a friend who is around 5'8" and his forearms are probably around 10" or a little bit less, but has some long ass humerus that compensate to his wingspan. Yet he doesn't seem unproportionate.
5'1", 100 lbs

Blackhawk

Re: Ideal Humerus to Forearm ratio?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »

In Bodybuilding forums, it seems that most of the tall "brahhss" have forearms pf about 13" and biceps pf 16.5" and such, in other words, ratios of 5:4 and 7:6. My forearm is 9" long and my humerus is around 11.5" long as well so you can say I have a normal ratio, yet I have short arms that do not let me do LL that easily. So, what do you think about it? Is the ratio important? I have a friend who is around 5'8" and his forearms are probably around 10" or a little bit less, but has some long ass humerus that compensate to his wingspan. Yet he doesn't seem unproportionate.

Are the numbers you're getting from those forums arm circumference rather than length?

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:52:07 AM »

Are the numbers you're getting from those forums arm circumference rather than length?
length
5'1", 100 lbs

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:52 AM »

length

I don't have exact math but some men have longer forearms,hands, and fingers while women seem to have longer humerus I know someone who is almost a midget yet her humerus is just half an inch shorter than mine.

Taller

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:14 AM »

My humerus is longer than my forearm by around 3CM. It honestly doesn't look bad at all.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »

My forearms are longer by an inch or so (eye percent not measured).

Shor7Guy

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 01:35:08 AM »

Higher Prenatal Testosterone shorten the humerus. This means the more you lengthen your humerus the more feminine your arms will look. They would probably look like this after 1-2cm of lengthening on each humerus, I recommend against Arm Lengthening until forearm lengthening is safe.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 03:02:57 AM »

Higher Prenatal Testosterone shorten the humerus. This means the more you lengthen your humerus the more feminine your arms will look. They would probably look like this after 1-2cm of lengthening on each humerus, I recommend against Arm Lengthening until forearm lengthening is safe.

I won't mind having more feminine arms tho, my only actual concern is sitting height.
5'1", 100 lbs

Shor7Guy

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 03:44:38 AM »

I won't mind having more feminine arms tho, my only actual concern is sitting height.

you wouldnt mind your arms looking even more extreme than his with 2 more cm on his humerus imagine how that would look, thats how yours would look if you lengthened 1-2cm never mind 3-4, trust me dont do it unless you want body dysmorphic disorder

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 04:00:34 AM »

What is wrong with the guy in the photo?

Shor7Guy

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 02:07:52 PM »

What is wrong with the guy in the photo?

terrible humerus to forearm ratio, most people here would look like that after 1-2cm of lengthening so this is why im showing you all, i strongly recommend not getting arm lengthening more than that unless you'd be happy to look worse than him in the arms. Do morphs and you'll see what I mean

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

terrible humerus to forearm ratio, most people here would look like that after 1-2cm of lengthening so this is why im showing you all, i strongly recommend not getting arm lengthening more than that unless you'd be happy to look worse than him in the arms. Do morphs and you'll see what I mean

Are you really sure 2CM will make that much of a difference?

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 03:39:45 PM »

Are you really sure 2CM will make that much of a difference?
I doubt that, unless you have 'bad' humerus-forearm proportions in the first place.

Apo lengthened 5 cms on the right picture and I didn't even notice before he pointed that out. I feel as long as you don't go past 4 cms, there's little to worry about.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »

Apo looks nice I guess it all depends on each person's arms. Humerus lengthening is something I have considered for the far future to make the proportions perfect.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37:45 AM »

dont go over 2cm per arm. Apo is notorious for editing his pics to look better than he really does, he gets a kick out of manipulating people.

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

dont go over 2cm per arm. Apo is notorious for editing his pics to look better than he really does, he gets a kick out of manipulating people.

How is it manipulated though? His forearms seem to be the same length in both pictures.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »

How is it manipulated though? His forearms seem to be the same length in both pictures.

im not going to measure all im saying is he is known for manipulating pics. those were on daily mail and people noted how his underwear was stretched in the after. hes also posted images in old forum  where hes edited his proportions. 2cm depends on the person, if you have a lower starting forearm length then 2cm will look worse than someone with higher forearm length, its the same as torso length. this is why higher starting heights are better for proportions and can lengthen more. it is very unfortunate for LittleWhiteMan but im afraid he might regret doing more than 2cm considering his forearm is very short atm already from low height. we need to start looking at forearm length percentiles and measuring them before going into humerus lengthening.

NewHeights

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »

Putting a picture of David Hasselhoff, and the word "feminine" together just send like an oxymoron to me
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Shor7Guy

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »

Putting a picture of David Hasselhoff, and the word "feminine" together just send like an oxymoron to me

what was the point of your comment? are you denying he has feminine arm ratios? if you wanna delude yourself into lengthening your arms 4cm fine but you will regret it and itll be all on you.

NewHeights

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »

what was the point of your comment? are you denying he has feminine arm ratios? if you wanna delude yourself into lengthening your arms 4cm fine but you will regret it and itll be all on you.

I have never heard of the term feminine arm ratio until you mentioned it, and I have never looked at a guy with long arms (whether forearms or humerus) and said, "man, it looks like that guy has girl arms". David Hasselhoff's ape arms and big hands do not seem one bit girly to me. Girly arms are those arms that REALLY lack girth and which are accentuated by narrow shoulders. just because girls naturally have a longer humerus/forearm, does not mean adding length to your humerus would make you look girly, especially because guys can bulk up their biceps and triceps.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Blackhawk

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »

Yeah I agree with this^^

I think a man has girly arms if they are noticeably slim and weak looking.  Also if the shoulders are small and narrow.  As long as you have a decent amount of muscle on your arms the ratio won't be an issue unless it is freakishly unnatural.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 01:32:09 AM »

im trying to help you before you make a mistake, Prenatal Testosterone is directly correlated with the ratio, if you have a girls ratio it will look more feminine regardless of muscle. Now adding 1-2cm will give you a feminine ratio, but 3-4cm or more will just look absolutely ridiculous. Im warning you, it wont be a pretty sight, and its worth doing 2cm per arm at best. thats a 4cm increase, which isnt bad and will definitely help.

NewHeights

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 03:18:30 AM »

im trying to help you before you make a mistake, Prenatal Testosterone is directly correlated with the ratio, if you have a girls ratio it will look more feminine regardless of muscle. Now adding 1-2cm will give you a feminine ratio, but 3-4cm or more will just look absolutely ridiculous. Im warning you, it wont be a pretty sight, and its worth doing 2cm per arm at best. thats a 4cm increase, which isnt bad and will definitely help.

I appreciate the concern, but even if you are right, how do you know what my (or anybody's) ratio is? I've always felt that I've had a short humerus and long forearm

Overdozer

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 04:45:42 AM »

Do you have any data to back your words up? I don't think lengthening humerus over 4 cm is a good idea not because it'll make your arms look feminine (that's a new thing lol), but simply because it'll throw your forearm-humerus propotions off. Does lengthening tibias over 2 cms make your legs look feminine too?

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

ItsMyLife

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »

Do you have any data to back your words up? I don't think lengthening humerus over 4 cm is a good idea not because it'll make your arms look feminine (that's a new thing lol), but simply because it'll throw your forearm-humerus propotions off. Does lengthening tibias over 2 cms make your legs look feminine too?
LOL @ the tibia..
Yes I would love to know also.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:10 AM »

here, prenatal testosterone effects humerus length and it is one of the features used in determining if someone is a tranny. I am not trying to ruin your hopes, just giving information so there are no regrets.

Overdozer

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 07:12:08 AM »

here, prenatal testosterone effects humerus length and it is one of the features used in determining if someone is a tranny. I am not trying to ruin your hopes, just giving information so there are no regrets.
http://www.annierichards.com/skeleton.htm
Seriously, that's your source? And they claim that humerus bone is actually longer in females, not even relatively, they say:
Interestingly, and rather unexpectedly, the average female upper arm bone (humerus) is 1" (2.5 cm) longer than the male upper arm
Which is straight up a lie and nonsense. Here's an actual proof: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_11/sr11_252.pdf
Scroll down to "upper arm length". And another one if you wish: http://www.academia.edu/4177167/Sexual_Diamorphism_of_Humerus_A_Study_in_Marathwada_Region

Now, when you've been proven wrong, will you admit defeat?

Shor7Guy

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 04:25:05 AM »

http://www.annierichards.com/skeleton.htm
Seriously, that's your source? And they claim that humerus bone is actually longer in females, not even relatively, they say:Which is straight up a lie and nonsense. Here's an actual proof:

i know they are wrong about upper arm length being shorter in men but they arent wrong in that prenatal testosterone shortens the humerus relative to forearm. you can see it with your eyes, get an arm and lengthen the humerus, then shorten and see how much more feminine/masculine it looks in before and afters.

Uppland

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »

Hopefully I can get away with an extra 3CM, that's all I need anyway.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 06:11:56 AM »

Hopefully I can get away with an extra 3CM, that's all I need anyway.

you have longer arms so 3cm on you would probably just about be ok, youll have to see while your lengthening it. also look into percentiles thoroughly and take measurements before doing it. although to me it sounds like you could get away with 6foot1 without arm lengthening, and clavicle lengthening is there if you want better shoulders for your new height.

Uppland

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 10:26:20 AM »

Where can I find percentages on humerus and forearm length?

I think one important reason that my dad has longer arms than me is because his hands are bigger.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up