Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Jean-Marc Guichet (Marseille-France & Milan-Italy) Leg Lengthening Clinic  (Read 45559 times)

Muse

General Information about Dr Guichet Limb Lengthening Clinic based in France and Italy, contact the Clinic for specific details and latest updates.

Pricing:  Cost is 44000 Euros + Housing and postop training (5000 Euros approx. per month, with training in a World Excellence Center of the FIFA).

Recovery:  Optimal security is insured when you stay full time in the rehab center for the full duration of the lengthening. If not, risks of fracture increase strongly. Time to get 7 cm is 2 months.

It depends on your body, and that must be evaluated. Some patients stop at a 5 cm gain, while others may go to 9 or 10 cm. All patients do not have the same body or psychological capacities. In Dr. Guichet’s practice, the average gain is 68 mm in cosmetic lengthening (115 cases).

It depends also of your job and various parameters (preoperative preparation, aimed gain, etc.) that we will discuss at the consultation after the examination.

If you wish to get an initial evaluation clinic, the first step is to complete the joined form and return it WITH a copy of your passport (bring ALL originals with you at the consultation).

Yours sincerely,

Contact Info:

Jean-Marc Guichet, MD, PhD, Doct. Sci.
SELARL du Docteur Jean-Marc Guichet
Centre Phocea, 14 Bd Ganay
13009 Marseille - France
Office: +33.491.777.547
Office (mobile): +33.664.163.890
Fax: +33.491.777.547
E-Mail: jeanmarcguichet@sfr.fr & info@leglengtheningclinic.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com & http://www.leglengtheningclinic.com/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:04:11 AM by Admin »

Doflamingo

My plan is to do LL with Guichet eventually, so I decided to contact him.
This is what I have:

Hello *,

Thank you for your interest in the internal Guichet nail leg lengthening technique. With all of our patients, we work with strict confidentiality and privacy on the procedure we offer. The Guichet nail is completely internal. Once surgically inserted, there is no exterior evidence (besides minor scars).

We advise all patients to come to Milan for an initial consultation and evaluation which can determine what your personal potential can be.

Our patients gain up to 10 cm (4 inches) in one operation on either the thigh (femurs) or legs (tibias).

The timeline for lengthening is 1 mm /day. 7 cm are gained in 2 months. Patients wishing to go to 10 cm should plan for 3.5 months, sometimes a bit quicker depending on the patient.

Here is the schedule for lengthening:

1) Operation: 6 hours

2) Hospital stay: 4 days. From the first post-operative day, you will resume full weight-bearing and walking, and bicycling.

3) Lengthening: according to your desired height.

4) Return home

5) Consolidation: down to 15 days per cm, but you can walk and resume daily life and some sports during this period.

All of our patients are welcome to stay where they wish. It is recommended that during lengthening that all patients go under the care of a personal trainer to keep their strength up and have full mobility.

To optimize the results, we prefer to look after each patient personally, but if you wish to return home to continue lengthening, you can leave when you feel comfortable with the lengthening process.

The internal device we are using is the highest performing one in the world. It is the new version of the original invention the Albizzia nail. With the new Guichet nail, all my patients can expect full weight-bearing and mobility capability while lengthening. This has many benefits with regards to returning to normal life with minimal disruption. With the very small incisions that we make for the procedure, there is very little evidence (or scarring) of the operation which is a focus for all of our patients.

We specialize in limb lengthening and reconstruction and have pioneered this internal technique to the highest standards in the world.

Risks of the procedure depend on the individual patient, which can be addressed at the time of the consultation in Milan. However, in the world today, the Guichet Nail has the lowest risk of complications compared to any other type of limb lengthening technique or method, including his previous invention the Albizzia Nail.

The cost of lengthening is 44,300 Euros taxes included. This covers hospital stay for 4 days,  2 months of medication and vitamins, clinic follow-up sessions by Dr. Guichet personally once a week until lengthening is completed.

The removal of the nail (3 to 4 hours surgery) happens after 2 years and costs 7300 €, including hospital stay and fees. You can expect to leave the hospital the same day.

With worldwide recognition for being the most knowledgeable limb reconstruction surgeon with respect to internal fixators, Dr. Guichet has successfully completed over 350 limb lengthening procedures.

The best step forward is to book an initial consultation. The consultation cost is 305 Euros.

If you would like to do a consultation and an operation in one visit, we can organize that in advance. The cost is 3000 Euros which will be deducted from the total cost of the procedure.

Please feel free to contact us further for booking the initial consultation.

Sincerely Yours,

LL Clinic

I hope you all could make use of this information, it's for the best.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)

If you would like to do a consultation and an operation in one visit, we can organize that in advance. The cost is 3000 Euros which will be deducted from the total cost of the procedure.

what does that mean?

I am planning on doing LL with either Guichet or Donghoon.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Doflamingo

I also don't quite understand it.

Either you have to pay 3000 less or more if you want to do the consultation AND operation in ONE DAY.

manale007

• Visitor

Dr Guichet sounds really good, but the fact that you need a lot of training before the surgery and that he can not tell you how to train til' your first appointment (you'll have to start training in Italy it charges you a lot more) makes it a little bit frustrating

jerry

Mission was asking about contacting this doctor so I'll post here,  his personal email is  jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com
Not sure if he actively reply that inbox.

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!

Yes he replies relatively quickly on gmail account. I got response within 24 hours and sometime within an hour.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

mission

• Visitor

Cooper as I understand you were close to making decision on Jamal or Guichet based on another thread. Can you confirm where your thinking is at now based on all your research and doctor conversations?

Cooper

Mission,
I am so confused right now man......driving me crazy......!

I am everywhere...cann't freaking decide anything. Dr. Jamal is out cause I cannot be out more than a month. Otherwise he could have been a great option.

I am down to Dr. Guichet, Dr.M and with remote possibility DR. Betz.

I think dr. Birkholtz is also good option if you have time on your hand.

I will keep you guys posted when I make my decision. I should have a dr. In less than a month for end of May schedule.

Thanks for checking.

mission

• Visitor

No worries Cooper, I ruled out Dr M simply because I want weight bearing. To me this became critical. I want to work and move not be stuck in wheel chair. Can you imagine if there are complications with being in a wheelchair like non union. At least with the Guichet Nail or Jamal I can still move around. I will PM you

pagulet

• Visitor

About the nail removal : it costs 7300 which is somehow huge.
Would it be a problem to keep it ? If not, why pay and suffer to remove it ?

Cooper

The nail has to come out at one point. The timing is not important. The hardware can erode over long period plus you can't citi scan with the titanium inside your body. I read somewhere.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

No, it's not a problem to leave them in.  In fact many people who get corrections have the nails left in permanently.  Removing them seems to be a CLL thing.

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S

CT scans, and possibly MRI would be hindered if rods are to remain. If possible, it would be much preferable to remove the rods in due time. Also the bone needs to regain it's elasticity (hindered by the firmness of the rods, real recovery happens after removal)

Excal

• Visitor

I've heard the doctor requires you to undergo a training regimen before surgery.

What does the doctor require in terms of pre-surgery stretching? Which stretches are you supposed to do?

And just how muscular are your legs supposed to be...? How does he judge if you are "fit" enough?

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S

That's why he's considered the top doctor

Arch

I am so eager to contact him, but I do not know what to include in my mail,
I have learned that he ignores most emails, could anyone help me out?

I'd be very gratefull, thank you!

brianh70

• Visitor

Try not to write an essay in your first email. Ask him 1 or 2 short questions and, then, when he replies, you can continue asking him the rest. He doesn't have time to go through lengthy emails since he probably gets tons of them.

Good luck

brianh70

• Visitor

If he replies, can you update the thread if you find out something new.

tallerbetter

If he replies, can you update the thread if you find out something new.

Yes please . It's out of my budget but I'd like to know...

mb53

So I emailed him a few days ago but from this thread I'm assuming I shouldn't hold out for a reply. I'm trying to see if I can get a consultation next month in Milan, how can I contact him about that (or at all)?

greatheight

• Newbi

I'm also interested in this. If you know anything, post it here, please.

mb53

Yeah, will do. I also emailed Dr. Shahab M (his last name is Indian, not going to attempt to spell it) who has similar costs but works in Los Angeles, which is easier for me than going to Europe (I live in NJ).

w1988

Did you guys first contact the doc when you were fully funded or did you just enquire and then wait 1-2 years (or whatever it was) to gather the funds?

I've currently saved approx £30k (unfortunately only $45k/€40k because the £ seems forever falling) and likely to get most of the remainder from parents.

Oh yeah that's another question, PARENTS. Do you have any tips on convincing your parents to be cool as well as finance getting your legs broken? I have pretty normal parents and money wouldn't be an issue for them, the issue is them giving for CLL.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

Puertoricanwasp123

Did you guys first contact the doc when you were fully funded or did you just enquire and then wait 1-2 years (or whatever it was) to gather the funds?

I've currently saved approx £30k (unfortunately only $45k/€40k because the £ seems forever falling) and likely to get most of the remainder from parents.

Oh yeah that's another question, PARENTS. Do you have any tips on convincing your parents to be cool as well as finance getting your legs broken? I have pretty normal parents and money wouldn't be an issue for them, the issue is them giving for CLL.

1. I will email or phone the Doc once I am ready, not like there's a need to at the current moment plus I don't want to waste the doc's precious time on my preparation.

2. Parents are a good source of money but we gotta be willing to do the same if our kids end up puny and in need for their own surgery too.

3. Just bring up the topic as often as you can and even if they don't fully understand the heightism in the world they might want to help you regardless if they see you really want it, they must understand there is no fad and that it's your life dream to be tall/er.

w1988

Hey guys I have a few questions:

How long do you usually have to wait before you can drive (from first LL insertion assuming with Gnail by Guichet)? Anyone drive during lengthening?

How long do you have to wait for appointments with Guichet? Is is worth booking like a year in advance or booking a few months before you find the time to go for LL? Is guichet okay and flexible with changes to appointment dates?

Is the surgery in Milan or elsewhere? Has anyone here flown overseas at any period of LL or does Guichet insists you stay local? I live in London which isn't too far from Milan, maybe if something goes wrong I should take a wheelchair to board a plane or is Guichet on a definite no no stuff like that?
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

w1988

Hey guys I emailed Dr G, how long does he usually take to respond, a few days or could it be weeks?

goldenegg

Hey guys I emailed Dr G, how long does he usually take to respond, a few days or could it be weeks?

It varies, but be patient.  He gets lots of emails and responds to them all personally.  In my experience so far it anywhere from a couple days to 2 weeks for a response.

heightangel

Guichet is one of the few doctors I trust in this forum. I would love to know more about him and his patients. Which diaries would you recommend me to read?

just_me

Does Doctor Guichet offer lengthening in tibia using external fixator - If yes what is the cost? 

Moubgf

There are many factors that will affect the price of your surgery and the price of your stay during the recovery process. The cost varies by what you want such as how many limbs, or which bone(s), how much length wanted, and what options are decided on.

During your consultation, you will be told the estimated cost of your surgery. Other costs to consider are; personal trainer, category of hotel or accommodations, length of time (the longer you stay, the more length you can expect to gain), the current exchange rate ect. An accurate quote with options will be delivered after your consultation.

Initially we request that a Consultation Fee be deposited in the value of € 305.00. After the initial Consultation, we request that a € 5,000.00 Initial booking fee be paid in order to secure your procedure. Please only deposit the Booking Fee once cleary instructed to do so by the Leg Lengthening Clinic.

It is very important that you consider the financial cost of this surgery before coming to Marseille. It is recommended that patients budget €58,000 to €65,500 depending on your spending habits and needs while living in France. Currently, the cost of the device itself makes up a large part of the total expenses, however, it is possible for those patients willing to book their surgery 11 months or more in advance and, making a full payment, obtaining 10% off of the cost of surgery. Please be sure to contact us for more information at: info@leglengtheningclinic.com

It says here that the cost is 65.500 Euro. Which is a ridiculous number of 613,822.24 Swedish cash. a HALF millon dollars... Is this real life?

AND IT IS THE EXACT SAME PRICE THAT Dr. Shahab Mahboubian, HAS. hmmm is there a covert scam going on here or what?

Or Do we have any other doctor that does internal femur for a more reasonable price?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up