Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do the worthiest amount of lengthening of surgery torments depend on ppl?  (Read 838 times)

Sorcerer

As we all know this surgery generally speaking involves a helluva pains and disabilities during and after the procedures, so I am wondering how we can work out the amount of lengthening that can the most deserve so much torments so that the surgery will not be perceived as a waste of money and time?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

2 inches.

Sorcerer

2 inches.
For me, that's the 'safest' amount, not the worthiest. Cuz I am only 162cm and short-legged.

ilovescience

For me, that's the 'safest' amount, not the worthiest. Cuz I am only 162cm and short-legged.

That's about 5cm. With that height you would be 167, which isn't too bad compared to the whole Chinese population. And, you would be 170 in the morning.

c

5+5双断是佩利可能会给你的方案

Sorcerer

5+5双断是佩利可能会给你的方案
Actually I have talked about my goal (I elaborated it in one of my last posts) with Paley and he said he allowed me to set my own goal but I gotta listen to my body whether it can tolerate such lengthening amount.
BTW, there is an ongoing unspoken rule on this forum that unless you are only discussing about something with those who say the same languages as yours otherwise it's far better to say English here. No offenses but the majority of users here are English speakers and we'd better stick to the rule.

zaozari

2 inches.
You mean total or by segment ? (Provided that, if by segment, there's enough tissue healing, physiotherapy and resting time intermediating the two surgeries)?
Another question if I may: if you could go back in time, in your case, you'd have done 5 cm?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Yeah, I'd do just 5 cm.

zaozari

Yeah, I'd do just 5 cm.
Thanks.
I suppose because you feel you didn't recover 100%?

c

Actually I have talked about my goal (I elaborated it in one of my last posts) with Paley and he said he allowed me to set my own goal but I gotta listen to my body whether it can tolerate such lengthening amount.
BTW, there is an ongoing unspoken rule on this forum that unless you are only discussing about something with those who say the same languages as yours otherwise it's far better to say English here. No offenses but the majority of users here are English speakers and we'd better stick to the rule.
我17年注册的,我能不知道说英语他们老外看得懂?和你说问题就说问题,别在那边阴阳怪气的,搞得和什么似的,好好研究手术吧

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Thanks.
I suppose because you feel you didn't recover 100%?

I feel like my legs are a little too long; out of proportion a bit.  My balance would be better with 1 inch less, and I also might not have gotten exertional compartment syndrome.

ReadRothbard

Anything less than 2.5-3 inches would be waste of time in my mind.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

zaozari

I feel like my legs are a little too long; out of proportion a bit.  My balance would be better with 1 inch less, and I also might not have gotten exertional compartment syndrome.
Thanks again. I'm sorry for that condition, hope at least it doesn't cause pain.
Can't you still treat and cure it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

It's already treated as best as it can be with surgery.

Sorcerer

So that's why I never advocate lengthening tibias by 7.5cm with pure fixators and it needs rebreaking.
TBH before it I have anticipated that you have got some terrible problems cuz of excessive lengthening with pure fixators and I hope you are getting well.

Sorcerer

Anything less than 2.5-3 inches would be waste of time in my mind.
I think any decent and good surgeon won't permit lengthening your tibias beyond 5cm if with pure fixators and 6cm if with internal methods.
Beyond 6cm you gotta rebreak your tibial bones to achieve your goal but eitherway you gottal listen to your body.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Why would you need to re-break the bone to go over a certain length?

Sorcerer

Why would you need to re-break the bone to go over a certain length?
What I wanna say is, if you go beyond 6cm on tibias you gotta rebreak the tibial bones if you go beyond 7cm on femurs you gotta rebreak the femoral bones but again just my 2 cents.

ReadRothbard

I think any decent and good surgeon won't permit lengthening your tibias beyond 5cm if with pure fixators and 6cm if with internal methods.
Beyond 6cm you gotta rebreak your tibial bones to achieve your goal but eitherway you gottal listen to your body.

As far as I can tell, pure externals are considered the safest lengthening method for tibias, and most doctors recommend somewhere in the 6-8 cm range as the maximum. However, I also have pretty long tibias compared to my femurs (39 cm and 43 cm, respectively), so I can probably get away with lengthening 6.5-7.5 cm. We won’t know until I start lengthening, though.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

As far as I can tell, pure externals are considered the safest lengthening method for tibias, and most doctors recommend somewhere in the 6-8 cm range as the maximum. However, I also have pretty long tibias compared to my femurs (39 cm and 43 cm, respectively), so I can probably get away with lengthening 6.5-7.5 cm. We won’t know until I start lengthening, though.
Like a veterran here said disproportion is not that obvious and only LLers here are worried about being disproportional after LL.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

What I wanna say is, if you go beyond 6cm on tibias you gotta rebreak the tibial bones if you go beyond 7cm on femurs you gotta rebreak the femoral bones but again just my 2 cents.

I understand what you're saying, I just don't understadn why you believe these things.

Sorcerer

I understand what you're saying, I just don't understadn why you believe these things.
Well I have trusts in them cuz only Paley's rebreaking can guarantee the safety of obtaining such lengths. For other methods there are exceptions that are not suffering from serious problems but the safety is ..eh....
Pages: [1]   Go Up