Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girl dancing professionally a year post LL surgery  (Read 521 times)

mslunhil

• Visitor
Girl dancing professionally a year post LL surgery
« on: January 07, 2022, 11:07:10 AM »

Mainly found this interesting in terms of how fluidly she is moving a year after surgery. Though she lengthened less than a cosmetic patient would, I can imagine the body can recover somewhat similar after 2 years for us depending on the length, PT, etc.

https://fb.watch/anS5VFUVnK/

ilovescience

Re: Girl dancing professionally a year post LL surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 01:02:15 PM »

Mainly found this interesting in terms of how fluidly she is moving a year after surgery. Though she lengthened less than a cosmetic patient would, I can imagine the body can recover somewhat similar after 2 years for us depending on the length, PT, etc.

https://fb.watch/anS5VFUVnK/

5 cm height difference could make a difference. And it's safest method to choose from.

thankscience

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 03:31:23 AM »

5 cm height difference could make a difference. And it's safest method to choose from.
This. She also only lengthened her right femur I believe?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 07:47:27 AM »

She had just one leg and 4.5 cm with Stryde..
It's not a good sample of what us CLL can expect but to me under 6 cm if no particular complications occur, you can get back to basically all you used to do .
If you used to make high level activity sports ,think about being ok not doing them anymore at a significant level.
You might be able to but I believe it's a 50/50 so prepare for the worst but work for the best ig .

ilovescience

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »

She had just one leg and 4.5 cm with Stryde..
It's not a good sample of what us CLL can expect but to me under 6 cm if no particular complications occur, you can get back to basically all you used to do .
If you used to make high level activity sports ,think about being ok not doing them anymore at a significant level.
You might be able to but I believe it's a 50/50 so prepare for the worst but work for the best ig .
If one does exactly what doctor says during the rehab, it's very likely one can get back to do basically what one does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up