Limb Lengthening Surgery > Limb Lengthening Discussions

How Yuksel Yurttas crippled me

(1/11) > >>

shortisnotfun:
As you guys might know, I completed 5cm on my tibias with a monolateral method.

During surgery, the doctor woke me up (yes, he woke me up when I was under anesthesia) and informed me that my bone canal was too narrow and a nail wouldn't fit, so I would be lengthening without one. (I later learned from another doctor this was most likely a lie, and Dr. Yuksel probably didn't measure my bone canal properly, or he didn't have the correct size intramedullary nail to put in) (What type of doctor is he?!).

You can see it with the x-ray attached here, there is a hole where he drilled into my bones, put in a nail, realized it didn't fit, and took it out.

https://ibb.co/7bqBLHv

During lengthening, I noticed both of my legs becoming more crooked as the lengthening progress went on. I constantly told Dr. Yurttas about my issue worried it was going to lead to x-legs, and he told me not to worry, it would be solved after the removal, when the tension from the fixator goes away. (I believed them, worst mistake ever.)

Notice how my leg is bending:

https://ibb.co/Ps2G3Yp

After removal of the fixator I had, I woke up with the worst pain I ever experienced, but I managed. Over the days after the fixator removal, I noticed I still had bent legs and knock knees. Every time, I asked the doctor, he would say it's normal and will go away with physical therapy.
I believed him, as it looked straight from the x-ray they take just of my tibia. (You need to get a standing x-ray from your hips to your ankle to actually check if your entire leg is straight).

My knock knees wasn't getting any better so, I went to go get a standing x-ray in the hospital that Yuksel Yurttas operates in. After that, I went to see Yurttas in his office, who was extremely busy. He was constantly on his phone while speaking to me and barely spoke to me. I asked him if my standing x-ray was straight, and he basically LIED and said it was. I took a picture of my standing x-ray.

You tell me if it's straight or not:

https://postimg.cc/xN3jgBc7

After seeing my standing x-ray, I emailed multiple doctors from the US, to Greece, to South Africa, to even doctors in Istanbul. They all informed me that I had Genu Valgum (x-legs) from a bone deformity caused by incorrect nail placement during surgery.

I then asked to see Dr Yuksel Yurttas again. I wanted to see what he would do to fix it, or if I would even allow this man to touch my legs again after he gave me crooked bones.

I waited an hour outside his office in the hospital until he got out of surgery. He came and didn't even look at me. He basically wanted to go home and didn't want to speak to me and I got a very rude vibe from him.

I went inside his office after that and spoke to him about my issue. I informed him I don't trust him anymore to touch my legs and I wanted him to pay for a correction surgery for my legs. He informed me that I didn't do enough physiotherapy because my ankles were stiff (what does that have to do with my knock knees?!). He was yelling at me, in a very harsh tone, and acting very disrespectful. He kept moving in circles and then getting in my face constantly. He treated me like I was a child.

He then told me how he would fix it. He would REUSE the same nails and put it back in my bone and align it again. First of all, I know this is not how you correct a deformity, you need an Ilizarov frame during surgery to correct malalignment, not just a nail placement and "good enough". On top of that, he wanted to REUSE the same materials. I'm not getting a bone infection because I let him touch my legs again with the same equipment, hell no.
I told him I'm not doing any surgery with him anymore, and he didn't account for my mechanical axis during surgery, causing me my bent legs.

He stormed out of his office suddenly and left. 

I walk now, but my knees bend inwards constantly. My thighs touch each other and it messes up my walking not to mention looks absolutely terrible. What's the point of doing LL if you have crooked legs?

Conclusion:
Stay away from Dr. Yuksel Yurttas, he is not qualified to be a limb lengthening doctor. He left me and another friend with bent legs, nerve problems and multiple issues, and REFUSES to take any acknowledgment.

Basically,
I did a LON Tibia surgery, I got x-legs, because the Dr Yurttas didn't properly plan the surgery out. He lied to me saying my bones were straight, and now I need another surgery to fix a problem I should have never got.

X rays of procurvatum:

https://postimg.cc/WFr1qdjs

https://postimg.cc/rRkF1qFx

shortisnotfun:
Another patient that Yuksel Yurttas has crippled:

Beemer m3:
if u used ilizarov circular frames they straighten ur legs . im not sure about monorail frames but yeh ilizarov frames are good at times.

shortisnotfun:

--- Quote from: Beemer m3 on April 19, 2024, 08:53:57 AM ---if u used ilizarov circular frames they straighten ur legs . im not sure about monorail frames but yeh ilizarov frames are good at times.

--- End quote ---

It was monorail. Yuksel Yurttas doesn’t have the skill nor the experience to put on circular frames. And even if he did, he’d still f’u’ck it up as he’s crippled 20+ patients.

jbfjbj4:

--- Quote from: shortisnotfun on April 18, 2024, 10:09:19 PM ---Another patient that Yuksel Yurttas has crippled:

--- End quote ---

This guy is a moron who keeps getting botched whereever he goes. He should have stayed well away from orthopaedic surgeries and focused instead on fixing his subhuman looking face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version