Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian patients have slow bone consolidations?  (Read 937 times)

Sorcerer

Asian patients have slow bone consolidations?
« on: March 13, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »

I came across this conclusion when I was reading one of the Dr.G's patient's diary but the addresser didn't elaborate the reasons.
Is it a true or just a joke?

overandover

Re: Asian patients have slow bone consolidations?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:10:50 PM »

I came across this conclusion when I was reading one of the Dr.G's patient's diary but the addresser didn't elaborate the reasons.
Is it a true or just a joke?

Asian is the most useless term. Are Indians, Afganistani, and Korean the same? No right, they are a totally different race than why this Asian BS. Use east Asian instead when talking about chinese/japanese/koreans.

Sorcerer

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 01:23:10 PM »

Asian is the most useless term. Are Indians, Afganistani, and Korean the same? No right, they are a totally different race than why this Asian BS. Use east Asian instead when talking about chinese/japanese/koreans.
I am just quoting what that guy originally said.

zaozari

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »

Yes, it's proven that Chinese specially if living in Xangai, consolidate bone very very slowly. It seems it's becouse of the air pollution.  >:(

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 04:53:44 PM »

Asian is the most useless term. Are Indians, Afganistani, and Korean the same?

No.  The first two aren't Asian, they're Caucasian.

And yes, Asians have slower bone growth than other groups due to genetic factors.

Dark

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 06:38:05 PM »

As an east asian I call complete BS
When I compare my x-rays with european patients, my consolidation is almost always better.
The speed of consolidation has more to do with diet than genetics. ex if you eat nothing but rice then your speed will be slower than someone with a balanced diet

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 06:55:22 PM »

As an east asian I call complete BS
When I compare my x-rays with european patients, my consolidation is almost always better.
The speed of consolidation has more to do with diet than genetics. ex if you eat nothing but rice then your speed will be slower than someone with a balanced diet
I think that kind of hearsay originated from the fact that Asians and Caucasians have different diet styles?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 07:12:25 PM »

It was observed over and over again in Guang Ji Hospital that the domestic Chinese patients and the Asian patients from western countries had to lengthen at a slower rate due to slower consolidation.  There will usually be individual exceptions to a generalization.  Africans are more likely to have sickle-cell anemia but it doesn't mean every African has it and every non-African doesn't.  It's not like Asians are bad LL candidates; just remain aware that genetic differences exist both between and within groups and plan accordingly.

Sorcerer

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:36 AM »

It was observed over and over again in Guang Ji Hospital that the domestic Chinese patients and the Asian patients from western countries had to lengthen at a slower rate due to slower consolidation.  There will usually be individual exceptions to a generalization.  Africans are more likely to have sickle-cell anemia but it doesn't mean every African has it and every non-African doesn't.  It's not like Asians are bad LL candidates; just remain aware that genetic differences exist both between and within groups and plan accordingly.
Is that your own observation? I think it is due to different diet habits. Before conclusions you should make sure that you have controlled other variables.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 03:08:27 AM »

It was everyone's observation.

Charizard

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 03:02:14 PM »

I don't think it differs by race. Every human has different healing speed. Some heal fast some slow.
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

SpeedDialer

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »

"And yes, Asians have slower bone growth than other groups due to genetic factors."

Out of curiosity, how much longer roughly should it increase the recovery time? I'm currently planning on being in Athens with Giotikas 6-7 weeks then fly home to USA. Should the above affect my plans/what's your advice?

overandover

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 05:16:27 PM »

"And yes, Asians have slower bone growth than other groups due to genetic factors."

Out of curiosity, how much longer roughly should it increase the recovery time? I'm currently planning on being in Athens with Giotikas 6-7 weeks then fly home to USA. Should the above affect my plans/what's your advice?

If you are doing Gnail then better say there till the end of the lengthening period. You might have issues with the lengthening maneuver.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2022, 06:50:13 PM »

Dr. Xia's policy was to start everyone at .67 mm per day, so I'm guessing on average the Asian bone growth is 2/3 the usual rate.  A Cambodian guy stayed at that most of the time with a few 1 cm days and a few .5 mm days throughout.  A Korean-American (U.S. born) guy got slowed down to .5 and then .33 a day, and then had to quit altogether after 4 cm due to a high risk of non-union.  These were all tibia patients.
Pages: [1]   Go Up