Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Questions  (Read 663 times)

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
LL Questions
« on: July 31, 2021, 03:15:53 AM »

Hi Everyone! So I am a 22 year old male who is planning on getting LL in late August or Early September with Precise-2 (unfortunately Stryde isn't available) with Dr. Giokitas. I keep my health in check with a clean diet with tons of protein and daily excercise. I am 170 cm tall with a weight of 145lb with about 15% bodyfat. I have already started my stretching routine today and will continue them without fail until I am recovered.

I realize recovery will be an issue with precise-2 and apparently will take at least 4 months to walk properly. So my I guess question is this. Can I speed up the recovery process by using Mk-677 ibutamoren, which is used for strength training and bulking. It's essentially a secretagogue means it basically tells your brain to release more Growth Hormone. According to studies it increases GH production upto 80% of baseline.

Needless to say I want to get back to normal life faster and want to hear opinions about this idea.
I will ask the doctor after i get some opinions from here.

AimHigh

Re: LL Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:27:43 AM »

Hi , I was 50 had similar H/Weight as you b4 my 8cm femoral LL ~4 years ago, my knees/thighs have been in pain since do Over last 6 months I have tried 10mg MK 677, my complexion  and hair look better i think, but cant say the pain in my knees/TFL has reduced noticeably.
I have noticed the increase in hunger, I workout and probably gained a kg of muscle. I am only dosing on weekends now as when I dose (usually 9 pm dose seems best for me)  I get very drowsy, but then keep waking at 5 am (normally wake at 6:30 am) and I feel tired at work the rest of the day.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 03:39:01 AM »

Hey there! That is great to hear! Hopefully I will not have any such long lasting complications and will recover well, I hope you do as well. But my question was about lenthening and recovery phase, since Mk boosts GH it should technically speed up the lenthening phase and recovery as well, normally a 6 month recovery should take 4 months with this increase? I don't know, but i am very curious to try.

AimHigh

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:44:16 AM »

Yes I see your point, and I agree the increase in HGH may improve CLL recovery. The MK677 associated drowsiness and overeating/weight gain could be very useful during CLL as I had trouble sleeping due to pain/tension in my muscles, and I lost 5kg due to atrophy and healing related metabolic increase.

2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 12:25:28 PM »

Hi Everyone! So I am a 22 year old male who is planning on getting LL in late August or Early September with Precise-2 (unfortunately Stryde isn't available) with Dr. Giokitas. I keep my health in check with a clean diet with tons of protein and daily excercise. I am 170 cm tall with a weight of 145lb with about 15% bodyfat. I have already started my stretching routine today and will continue them without fail until I am recovered.

I realize recovery will be an issue with precise-2 and apparently will take at least 4 months to walk properly. So my I guess question is this. Can I speed up the recovery process by using Mk-677 ibutamoren, which is used for strength training and bulking. It's essentially a secretagogue means it basically tells your brain to release more Growth Hormone. According to studies it increases GH production upto 80% of baseline.

Needless to say I want to get back to normal life faster and want to hear opinions about this idea.
I will ask the doctor after i get some opinions from here.

Any muscle stimulants will adversely impact your lengthening. In fact, you are prescribed muscle relaxants to reduce pain and discomfort during LL.

1) Your biggest obstacle during LL is your soft tissues (IT band, Quads, Hamstrings, Hip Flexors) lengthening at a slower pace than your bones. Growing more inflexible muscles, which is what GHs creates, significantly increases the amount of pain and stretching you will have to endure. Your subsequent recovery will thus also be slower.

2) After you have lengthened/stretched all your muscles and tendons. You can opt for GH to recover the muscles that atrophied during lengthening. Now this will likely be 3-4 months after the procedure. Even then, there is very little study on the impact of GHs on significantly lengthened/stretched muscles.

3) Due to the lengthened femurs, it is very unlikely you will recover your lower body athletic performance, especially when it pertains to standing resistance training, like squats, and weight lifting. Your biomechanics has changed, and you run significant risk of muscle injury and bone fracture. Torque is the function of force and the distance from center of rotation. Longer femurs are more prone to snapping, like longer tree branches.

In short, don't use GH during lengthening, and forever forget squating with heavy weights if you're going to do LL.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 04:11:05 PM »

Mk-677 isn't a muscle stimulant, it just increases your GH production, which may or may not increase muscle fullness but it isn't a direct muscle simulant unlike anabolic steroids.
1) GH not only increases Bone recovery but also increases muscle recovery also, which is exactly it is used in conjunction with weight training for faster muscle recovery.
2) I completely realize there is a lack of studies, but that doesn't mean the idea in itself will not work.
3) Now this point I simply disagree with, I am going to do lengthening because I have met someone in real life who has done leg lengthening and squats 3 plates which is 315 lb, granted he is 5 years post op. But more importantly he did tibia lengthening which is worse in terms of recovery than femur and did external nails. I am very sure I can get back to at least 90% of my pre op athleticism after a year or so.

AimHigh

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 06:17:39 AM »

315lb squat is impressive  I am not as surprised given he did tibia CLL as Squats are about hips glutes and thighs.,

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 03:22:34 PM »

Mk-677 isn't a muscle stimulant, it just increases your GH production, which may or may not increase muscle fullness but it isn't a direct muscle simulant unlike anabolic steroids.
1) GH not only increases Bone recovery but also increases muscle recovery also, which is exactly it is used in conjunction with weight training for faster muscle recovery.
2) I completely realize there is a lack of studies, but that doesn't mean the idea in itself will not work.
3) Now this point I simply disagree with, I am going to do lengthening because I have met someone in real life who has done leg lengthening and squats 3 plates which is 315 lb, granted he is 5 years post op. But more importantly he did tibia lengthening which is worse in terms of recovery than femur and did external nails. I am very sure I can get back to at least 90% of my pre op athleticism after a year or so.

You’re at a beautiful age so your recovery will be far better as long as you lengthen with it safe limits. Also don’t automatically assume that you will be back to pre-LL within a year or two. I’m still during the distraction phase so I can’t really give any presumptions but assuming you’re healthy and all that then yes, you should recover fine.
Meh.

Sambollio

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 07:46:42 PM »

This is genuinely such an incredibly stupid idea. 1. If HGH was helpful for this surgery it would be used. People way overestimate their knowledge on medicine and become internet MDs. Like “ oh this study says it increases bone and muscle healing, and my legs and muscles are brokey so obviously it will be helpful”. There is a reason doctors go to school for a minimum of 8 years, and the ones who will be doing surgery will be more like 14 years. There is so much contextual information that you don’t have. Also the doctors giving you medication go to school for that same amount of time. 2. This is an unapproved research chemical. We really don’t  know what it does long or even short term. To get drugs approved is a massive process. 3. It’s sold by shady companies that are not following fda guidelines. You may think your source is so pure because it says so on Reddit, or it’s “3rd party tested” and you see their little paper saying “99%” purity or some bull  like that. The truth is know one knows what they are selling.

Basically why fk around with chemistry you are just gambling on when at 22 your endogenous HGH is perfectly fine. Please don’t take medicine into your own hands because of your Reddit level knowledge.

I re-read this and realized it comes across as condescending. I just really think that this could really fk you up if someone on here or you talk yourself into taking MK. Listen to your doctor and don’t self administer any medication, especially of the Research variety.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 12:31:48 PM »

1) Of course Mk-677 is a muscle stimulant. It is a ghrelin receptor antagonist like how Tizanadine antganoizes the α2 receptor to relax your muscles. In medicine we stimulate or relax muscles by blocking certain receptors. Sometimes this results in weaker nerve impulses and other times, increase in hormone production. Please read up on these things before making such a definitive statement.

2) If you wish to use your body as a guinea pig, I have no problems with that. Encouraging others to do the same by downplaying the risks, I have problems with, hence why I'm writing this post.

3) I am not debating the achievements of your friend. You are simply more likely to get fractures with a longer femur due to torque. Be careful with your life. Many LL patients have messaged me after doing dumb things.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 03:10:57 PM »

OP love the name. Funny the first time I saw Baki, I thought the LL was some made up narrative but little did I know.

Doppo Orochi was my fkn guy.
Meh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up