Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25724 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »

Hey dude, In hindsight what would you have done to prevent duckass? Do you think an extreme level of flexibility before the surgery would have helped? Which stretches would you recommend?

I think I should have stretched the hip flexor muscles and the fascia lata tensors, which are the only muscles that I did not work before the operation ...
It depends on the initial position you have, because before the operation I had a slight hyperlordosis, my physiotherapist advised me to correct when I visited him a few days before the operation, but there was less than 1 week to do it ...
I thought I was quite prepared and quite flexible, in fact my quadriceps and hamstrings have not suffered much tension during the distraction. The problem is in my hips and the outer area of ​​my thighs ...

Want-3-inches

« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »

I think I should have stretched the hip flexor muscles and the fascia lata tensors, which are the only muscles that I did not work before the operation ...
It depends on the initial position you have, because before the operation I had a slight hyperlordosis, my physiotherapist advised me to correct when I visited him a few days before the operation, but there was less than 1 week to do it ...
I thought I was quite prepared and quite flexible, in fact my quadriceps and hamstrings have not suffered much tension during the distraction. The problem is in my hips and the outer area of ​​my thighs ...

Thanks for the advice! Do you think if I can do these, then duck ass shouldn't be a big problem?

FSchez

« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2021, 11:38:54 AM »

Thanks for the advice! Do you think if I can do these, then duck ass shouldn't be a big problem?

They seem like good exercises, surely if you manage to improve the flexibility of your hips by achieving those positions you will be quite prepared. The yoga position "the cobra" and "the cat" is also very good to prevent hyperlordosis ...
In the StrydeNailChallenge diary, on page 11 there are many exercises with posted videos that are sure to help you. ;)

Want-3-inches

« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »

thanks FShez

FSchez

« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2021, 10:06:14 PM »

Day 107 after the operation (Saturday 15 / May / 21):
Hi everybody!
It has been 1 week and 1 day since I finished lengthening my left leg and almost 2 weeks since I finished my right leg.
Yesterday I cut my dose of painkillers in half and I held on well all day with almost no pain. I woke up with good legs, the right leg perfect and the left with a bit of tension.
In the afternoon I was feeling quite well despite reducing my medication, so I did a lot of exercise:
First I was on the stationary bike for 10 minutes at a fairly fast pace to warm up my legs.
Then I did exercises to strengthen the buttocks and abdomen, in addition to working the flexibility of the lower back. I also stretched the hip flexor muscles.
To finish, I walked 3 sets of 10 minutes on the treadmill with 5 minutes of rest between each set to stretch my back.
When I finished I was as if I had run 10 km, but I felt good, with almost no pain.
Shortly after, when I got home I had to take 1 pill of tramadol because the pain started to come quickly to my hips and my left leg ...
There I have also woken up with my legs quite good, so I have maintained the reduction of painkillers like yesterday.
It has been the first day that after waking up I have managed to bend my knees 100% without any effort💪
Although I could have started driving earlier today was the first day I have driven again since the operation and I felt very good😁
At noon I have driven 20 minutes in a row with my wife's car, which has the automatic transmission and is more comfortable. We have stopped to do some shopping and I have returned to drive another 15 minutes. I have not felt any pain.
By the way, I forgot to tell you that I no longer use crutches since Monday.
In the afternoon I took my car for a ride and even though it has the manual gearbox I managed to drive a 10 minute test drive and I didn't feel pain in my legs.
Afterwards, I did a little exercise, I warmed up for 10 minutes on the stationary bike, I stretched my hips and back, and I walked 10 minutes on the treadmill. I could have lasted longer walking on the treadmill but my daughter has come to play and I couldn't say no to her😊
My posture when I walk is improving little by little ...
I still can't walk with my legs together and I still swing my hips a lot but I can already straighten my back ...
A week ago my back was quite curved and I couldn't walk decently for more than 5 minutes without arching my back ...
I hope to continue progressing to post a video soon walking almost normal💪

FSchez

« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2021, 10:12:00 PM »

Sorry, I got confused in the account, today Saturday is the 112th day after the operation 🙏😁

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2021, 10:12:41 PM »

Thanks for the update amigo! Keep up the good work!! 😁💪👍
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

FSchez

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2021, 10:22:39 PM »

Thanks for the update amigo! Keep up the good work!! 😁💪👍

Thank you amigo!
Soon I will update my diary again ;)

Serilium

« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2021, 10:58:15 PM »

When I finished I was as if I had run 10 km, but I felt good, with almost no pain.

It has been the first day that after waking up I have managed to bend my knees 100% without any effort💪

By the way, I forgot to tell you that I no longer use crutches since Monday.

I still can't walk with my legs together and I still swing my hips a lot but I can already straighten my back ...

Me gusta. Muy bueno  ;D  Big improvement all these things ✊

keep it up

FSchez

« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2021, 05:25:37 PM »

Me gusta. Muy bueno  ;D  Big improvement all these things ✊

keep it up

Thanks Serilium!
I will continue to train hard to improve my mobility😉

FSchez

« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2021, 12:10:08 PM »

Day 114 after the operation (Monday 17 / May / 21):

Hi friends!
I am in the second week of the consolidation phase and it seems that little by little I am improving ...
I do not have much to say, only that today I had a physiotherapy session and every day I feel less tension in my hips.
Although my walk has many pending aspects to improve, I feel that I do not have to work as much as in the first week of consolidation to keep my back straight while walking.
In the video that I publish today I have pulled up my shirt to show the curve of my lower back, which seems to improve every day ...

See you soon ;)

moretallpls

« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2021, 07:47:57 PM »

great !!! looks great, improvement and no pain. It looks like in 2 months should be perfect !!

FSchez

« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2021, 02:54:48 PM »

Day 116 after the operation (Wednesday 19 / May / 21):

Hello again!!
A new update: Yesterday I went back to work in the office and it went very well.
Although my limp is evident, my colleagues told me that I was very changed, taller and thinner ... (I am now 169 without shoes or elevators and I weigh 58 kgs). I felt on the same level as many of my peers and they noticed it too. I know that the average height is 175-176 cm but with 169 + 2 cm of risers I already feel that I am close to the average height and for me it is something incredible😁. I have always had the feeling that an easy aspect to describe myself was "a short and thin boy" and I did not like it at all ... Now my height has taken a back seat and it is what I wanted since I was a child ... I only have to gain a little muscle mass to be completely happy and proud of my appearance, for that there is still a lot of work💪
They also asked me if I was still in pain (I only feel pain 8 or 10 hours after I took the last pain reliever, and sometimes I hold out longer).
Yesterday afternoon I walked on the treadmill for 2 km in 3 sets of 10 minutes, at 4 km / h.
This is the video of the first 10 minutes:

Afterwards I felt that my legs were quite tired, so before dinner I took a pill of Nolotil, but I know that training hard is the only way to quickly regain strength and physical fitness ...

Bagga

« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »

Are you place with catheter for this surgery?

FSchez

« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2021, 05:02:22 PM »

Are you place with catheter for this surgery?

Hi friend!
My operation was under partial anesthesia and they put me in an epidural with a catheter to have a constant drip to calm the pain until the day after the operation.

FSchez

« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »

Day 121 after the operation (Monday 24 / May / 21):

Hi guys!
Last Friday I officially started my third week of consolidation.
Over the weekend I have managed to reduce my medication to 1 or 2 painkillers every day. I have not taken tramadol since Thursday night.
I only take 1 pill of 1 gram of paracetamol or 1 pill of Nolotil when the pain is very intense.
At the weekend I have walked between 1 and 2 km every day. 💪
Yesterday I only took one paracetamol pill all day, at 7 in the afternoon, but I did not feel very comfortable standing or walking for a long time ...
Today I woke up not needing to stretch my legs a lot because I woke up at 6:30 a.m. quite uncomfortable and took 1 tramadol.
In the office I have not been able to stretch my legs, however I have felt that I could walk better than the weekend, with a straighter back and less tense hips.
Although the recovery is slow, it seems that every day the situation improves.
Next week I will have new X-rays to check how the bone callus is evolving, so I am already looking forward to seeing the progress😁

FSchez

« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2021, 02:40:13 PM »

Day 125 after the operation (Friday 28 / May / 21):
Hi everybody!
Just 3 weeks ago I did my last lengthening session with the device on my left leg, at exactly 17:00.
Today officially begins my fourth week of consolidation
Today I had a physiotherapy session and I felt great, I walked quite well to where I parked the car, 300 meters or so. The physiotherapist told me that today I saw my back and my legs much better ... there is still a lot of work ahead of me, but from now on he has told me that I could have 1 session per week and work on the abdominal, hip and zone exercises lumbar from home.
Yesterday I checked my new height, since my back is less curved than a few weeks ago ...
My new height is: 168.5 cms 😁
These last few days I have only taken a pain reliever to relieve the pain when my legs felt very tired. Someday I haven't even needed to take painkillers.
A few days ago I had blood tests to check that my levels are fine, yesterday they gave me the results and everything is within normal values, so this is positive news😉
My walking on long walks is still quite horrible, I move my hips a lot but lately my back has been straighter and my lower back hurts less ...
However, when I concentrate by walking with my legs together in short walks, of about 100 meters, it seems that I have a slight limp😊
My flexibility is the best news, every day it improves in all aspects. The only problem is the hip area, but little by little the hip flexors lose tension ...
Soon I will post a new video walking and testing my flexibility.
See you soon friends!!

Abbot

« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2021, 02:07:24 AM »

Day 116 after the operation (Wednesday 19 / May / 21):

Hello again!!
A new update: Yesterday I went back to work in the office and it went very well.
Although my limp is evident, my colleagues told me that I was very changed, taller and thinner ... (I am now 169 without shoes or elevators and I weigh 58 kgs). I felt on the same level as many of my peers and they noticed it too. I know that the average height is 175-176 cm but with 169 + 2 cm of risers I already feel that I am close to the average height and for me it is something incredible😁. I have always had the feeling that an easy aspect to describe myself was "a short and thin boy" and I did not like it at all ... Now my height has taken a back seat and it is what I wanted since I was a child ... I only have to gain a little muscle mass to be completely happy and proud of my appearance, for that there is still a lot of work💪
They also asked me if I was still in pain (I only feel pain 8 or 10 hours after I took the last pain reliever, and sometimes I hold out longer).
Yesterday afternoon I walked on the treadmill for 2 km in 3 sets of 10 minutes, at 4 km / h.
This is the video of the first 10 minutes:

Afterwards I felt that my legs were quite tired, so before dinner I took a pill of Nolotil, but I know that training hard is the only way to quickly regain strength and physical fitness ...

good for you, we all have been to your world.  Question, do you feel Nolotil is good at reducing the pain?  I found it rather useless.

moretallpls

« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »

Patience and keep working

FSchez

« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »

good for you, we all have been to your world.  Question, do you feel Nolotil is good at reducing the pain?  I found it rather useless.

Hello abbot!
Although it seems weird, Nolotil has worked better for me than tramadol on many occasions to ease the pain in my legs ...
For many days I have alternated tramadol and Nolotil and was looking forward to the time to take Nolotil ... 😁
I suppose that since we are very different, a medicine works better for each person ...

FSchez

« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2021, 08:10:46 PM »

Patience and keep working

GRACIAS AMIGO!! ;)

FSchez

« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2021, 09:35:16 PM »

Day 132 after the operation (Friday 04 / Jun / 21):
Hi guys!
Yesterday I finished the fourh week since I stopped the lengthening of my left leg.
Today officially begins my fifth week of consolidation.

This week I have woken up every day without pain, I only feel a little tension in my hips when I get out of bed but it goes away when I walk. I usually stretch my legs for the first time that day on the lunch break, at the office, around 10:30. Lately I only stretch 3 times a day (one at the office, one at home, after lunch, and the last one around 8 in the afternoon), but I spend about 20 minutes each session.
Yesterday was the first day that I have managed to walk close to normal, still with a slight limp, but for me it has been a big change.
I succeeded after stretching my hips and legs for half an hour and concentrated on walking avoiding carrying my legs apart.
Today I have also succeeded, but at the office I have not been able to rest to stretch my legs. Nor have I stretched when I got out of bed, so until 7 in the afternoon I walked with a lot of limp ...
At 6 o'clock in the afternoon I had X-rays again and it seems that the callus is improving ...
Then we went to my parents' house and I was able to do exercises and I stretched my hips and legs for almost an hour ... I needed it ...
Thanks to this I have managed to walk making it seem almost normal, but the tension in my hips continues to cause a slight limp.
One important thing, today I have looked at my figure in the mirror with low sneakers, jeans and a T-shirt, and I have seen myself slim, not small. It was a great feeling😁
I think that since my back and hips are better I can stand with my legs together in a fairly normal position and thanks to that I have lost my height complex😊
Tomorrow I will post a walking video and photos of the new X-rays

RB

« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2021, 11:04:02 PM »

Great update Fschez!

Do you still need to use crutches at all anymore? I am nearly at the end of distraction but still use crutches for long distances still. I’m hoping I can stop using them like you soon into consolidation.

Look forward to future updates!
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

DonBones

« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2021, 07:59:46 AM »

Day 132 after the operation (Friday 04 / Jun / 21):
Hi guys!
Yesterday I finished the fourh week since I stopped the lengthening of my left leg.
Today officially begins my fifth week of consolidation.

This week I have woken up every day without pain, I only feel a little tension in my hips when I get out of bed but it goes away when I walk. I usually stretch my legs for the first time that day on the lunch break, at the office, around 10:30. Lately I only stretch 3 times a day (one at the office, one at home, after lunch, and the last one around 8 in the afternoon), but I spend about 20 minutes each session.
Yesterday was the first day that I have managed to walk close to normal, still with a slight limp, but for me it has been a big change.
I succeeded after stretching my hips and legs for half an hour and concentrated on walking avoiding carrying my legs apart.
Today I have also succeeded, but at the office I have not been able to rest to stretch my legs. Nor have I stretched when I got out of bed, so until 7 in the afternoon I walked with a lot of limp ...
At 6 o'clock in the afternoon I had X-rays again and it seems that the callus is improving ...
Then we went to my parents' house and I was able to do exercises and I stretched my hips and legs for almost an hour ... I needed it ...
Thanks to this I have managed to walk making it seem almost normal, but the tension in my hips continues to cause a slight limp.
One important thing, today I have looked at my figure in the mirror with low sneakers, jeans and a T-shirt, and I have seen myself slim, not small. It was a great feeling😁
I think that since my back and hips are better I can stand with my legs together in a fairly normal position and thanks to that I have lost my height complex😊
Tomorrow I will post a walking video and photos of the new X-rays

That's my dream haha! I am very glad for you that you are feeling well :) Having read your diary, this is well deserved because your commitment and attitude are impressive!
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

FSchez

« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2021, 06:39:16 PM »

Great update Fschez!

Do you still need to use crutches at all anymore? I am nearly at the end of distraction but still use crutches for long distances still. I’m hoping I can stop using them like you soon into consolidation.

Look forward to future updates!

Hi RB!
I have used it very little for a few weeks, only when I feel like I am limping enough to avoid taking bad postures, cause my doctor recommended use it to improve my gait, or when I am going to walk very long distances. I'm sure tutu will soon stop needing them too😉

FSchez

« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »

That's my dream haha! I am very glad for you that you are feeling well :) Having read your diary, this is well deserved because your commitment and attitude are impressive!

Thanks a lot my friend!!
I hope your dream come true soon :)

FSchez

« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2021, 07:13:07 PM »

Day 133 after the operation (Saturday 05 / Jun / 21):

Day 29 of consolidation phase

Today I will be very brief.
This is a video of today walking and climbing stairs at my parents' house:

Soon I'll post yesterday's X-rays ...

Ahd1978

« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2021, 07:15:40 PM »

Awesome brother wow

I hope to get to come up and down stairs like you too

I’m in first week of consolidation

Wow you are looking very normal and back is getting awesome too

Truly happy for you

FSchez

« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »

Hello everyone!!
These are the photos of my last X-rays (exactly 4 weeks of consolidation):

https://ibb.co/wKcjbBy
https://ibb.co/VgkCWtM
https://ibb.co/chvvZrX
https://ibb.co/0FST8Dr
https://ibb.co/yyNbwLk
https://ibb.co/R6dX6MS

And this is a video walking home this morning:

There is still a long way to go before I can walk 100% normal, but every day I feel that I am a little closer to my goal💪

FSchez

« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2021, 08:31:33 PM »

Awesome brother wow

I hope to get to come up and down stairs like you too

I’m in first week of consolidation

Wow you are looking very normal and back is getting awesome too

Truly happy for you

Thank you so much!!
I am sure that in a few weeks you will be in the same condition or better than me 😉
My back is much better than a few weeks ago but it is still not straight as it should be ...
Probably if I manage to improve my body position I can add almost a centimeter to my current height, that's what my physiotherapist told me 🙏
From now on everything is easier, although you have to keep working hard ...
I wish you a good recovery !!

moretallpls

« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2021, 06:34:44 PM »

greeeeeeattttttt keep stretching
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up