Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25717 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »

Dude you making me feel jealous

I am in 5 th week of consolidation and I am no where near you

Standing up alone feels like a mission

Still extreme fatigue

Flexibility is not the same like yours.

I think your hard work and efforts are truly paying off

I hope I can reach close to what you have achieved

Truly awesome and happy for you brother

Hi my friend!
My leg flexibility may be greater than yours but I am sure that in some muscles we are almost the same ...
My hip flexors and tensor fasciae latae are still stiff ... I think that's one of the reasons why I'm still not walking normally ...
If it's any consolation, before shooting the last video I was stretching and warming up my legs to be able to go up and down stairs so fast😉
I also suffered a lot a few weeks ago just standing for a few minutes.
In these last 7-10 days I have noticed quite a bit of progress, now I no longer wobble or limp as much when trying to walk right after sitting for a long time.
A few weeks ago I needed to support my hands to go up and down stairs, except when my legs were at 100%, now I can go up and down stairs with my son in my arms😁
Evolution is slow, sometimes you have ups and downs when one day you feel good and train too much, then you spend 2 or 3 days with discomfort and walk a little worse, but soon you are well again, it is a matter of time and a lot of effort, but it deserves worth it, I assure you.
Stay strong !! 💪

FSchez

« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2021, 06:26:45 PM »

Hi guys!
Last Wednesday I had my last X-rays so I post them in this message:

https://ibb.co/kJPKYb2
https://ibb.co/1JdRTTc
https://ibb.co/VWhN0kG
https://ibb.co/F5d5tFL
https://ibb.co/bJkvSW5

I hope I can tell you good news soon

FSchez

« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2021, 01:38:36 PM »

Day 171 after the operation (Wednesday 14 / July / 21):

Day 68 of consolidation phase

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I couldn't take the time to stretch my muscles all morning ...
I've had a lot of work in the office, but I wanted to show you how I walk and jog without warming up or stretching to correct my posture ...

This is a video of yesterday walking and running on the treadmill:

It is evident that when I stretch and warm my legs my back and my walking pace seems more correct.

Under normal conditions, although I am still progressing, I am still far from my gait looking 100% normal. I depend a lot on stretching and warming up my legs.

I do not want to confuse anyone, so from now on when I publish a new video I will indicate if I have needed to stretch and warm up before or it is my natural state without needing a previous warm-up or preparation.

FSchez

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2021, 06:00:34 PM »

Day 184 after the operation (Tuesday 27 / July / 21):

Day 81 of consolidation phase

Hello again!
I have spent these last days quite busy and that is why I have not updated the diary until today ...
This weekend, my wife and I have left the city on a short trip to do a couple of routes through the countryside (our children have stayed at my parents' house).
On Saturday morning we walked about 3 km through the enchanted city (in a pine forest with large eroded rocks, very close to the city of Cuenca) and in the afternoon we went to the source of the Cuervo River, where we walked between 2.5 and 3 km.
On the first excursion I only felt discomfort in my lower back when we were finishing the trail, but the rest of the day I did not feel discomfort in my back or my legs again.
At night, when I got home I started to notice that my legs were quite loaded, but it passed quickly right after taking a 1 gram paracetamol.

Sunday was also quite an active day. In the morning we went for a walk in the park and I traveled about 2.5 km and in the afternoon I was playing with my daughter to jump on the trampoline with great caution, of course, but for me it was like a training.
The worst thing about the weekend has been the consequences of walking so much ...
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with pain in my legs due to soreness and I suppose it was muscle overload.
Today I woke up much better, I still do not walk normally, but I can move and do almost everything I did before the operation.
I hope the day will come soon when I can feel like I am walking 100% normal.

KrP1

« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »

Based on your posture i recommend to stretch your cuadriceps and iliacus psoas, those muscles are very tense after lengthening and  in most cases are the primary cause of hiper lordosis. In addition you have to train your gluteous and cuadriceps to gain strength, the exercise i like the most is this one :

You don't need to use a lot of weight when doing it, just with the own weight of the machine is enough to begin with. Ask Monegal if he allows you to do it.

FSchez

« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »

Based on your posture i recommend to stretch your cuadriceps and iliacus psoas, those muscles are very tense after lengthening and  in most cases are the primary cause of hiper lordosis. In addition you have to train your gluteous and cuadriceps to gain strength, the exercise i like the most is this one :

You don't need to use a lot of weight when doing it, just with the own weight of the machine is enough to begin with. Ask Monegal if he allows you to do it.

Thank you very much, my friend!
All advice is welcome, even more so from former LLers ...
I will speak to Monegal soon to find out when I get new X-rays and so I also ask him about the limits I have to practice strength exercises ...
I am looking forward to regaining my strength and muscle tone throughout my body, especially my legs.
Thanks again!!

moretallpls

« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2021, 06:13:22 PM »

hope you can get out the nail soon, think that will be better

FSchez

« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2021, 01:03:55 PM »

Hi friends!
Next Monday it will have been exactly 7 months since my surgery ...
I would like to tell you that I already feel like before the intervention but I have not yet reached that state.
I feel that I am very close to achieving a normal walk because at many times of the day I feel that I do not swing my hips when I walk, but I have not yet spent a full day feeling my legs as before the operation.
I can go up and down stairs totally normal for a few weeks and I can also jog, but my walk when my legs and my hips when they are a little tired cause me to walk with a slight limp ...
It is very difficult for me to regain my muscle tone in the glutes and quadriceps and abductors, but little by little I am improving in this last month.
Although I have been trying to gain weight and muscle mass for almost 2 months by taking protein shakes and eating more than I used to ingest before, I have only gained 1 kilo.
I suppose that when my bones are finished forming it will be easier to gain weight and gain more muscle than I used to have before ... it is one of the things that worries me the most now.
I continue to train 30 minutes of stretching and 30 minutes of muscle toning every day.
This is a video from 2 days ago:

Zatoichi

• Visitor
« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2021, 02:07:32 PM »

Fantastic news on the update!

Really good to see the significant progress.

Congratulations!

FSchez

« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »

Fantastic news on the update!

Really good to see the significant progress.

Congratulations!

Thank you very much partner!
Soon I have new X-rays to confirm progress.
I hope the bones follow the same evolution🙏

FSchez

« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2021, 06:50:58 PM »

hope you can get out the nail soon, think that will be better

Hi my friend!
I still have to wait for my bones to finish forming ... I'm sure that when my nails are removed I will notice a change for the better, but it is still early ...

« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »

WOW! Outstanding!!!!

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »

What an amazing journey brother. Thanks for sharing in such detail!

May I ask who your doctor was and roughly how much surgery cost?

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2021, 10:47:25 PM »

Hey Amigo - awesome progress! Your hard work is definitely paying dividends. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for all the journaling.  Btw, proportions look great. 👍💪💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

FSchez

« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »

What an amazing journey brother. Thanks for sharing in such detail!

May I ask who your doctor was and roughly how much surgery cost?

Thanks a lot!! ;D
My doctor is Alejandro Monegal.
I paid 48.400 € for the surgery.
Next week I will have new X rays for checking the bones evolution... :)

FSchez

« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »

Hey Amigo - awesome progress! Your hard work is definitely paying dividends. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for all the journaling.  Btw, proportions look great. 👍💪💪

Thank you very much, my friend!!
At first I had doubts if the proportions between my legs and the body would look strange but finally I see that it is very difficult for that to happen, unless you have a very short body in relation to your legs ... 😊
I'm already very close to being able to walk like before the surgery, but I have to keep working hard to achieve it💪
When I walk normally I will post a new video.
I hope it's soon🙏

Siegfried

« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2021, 03:29:04 PM »

is your bone growth slower than normal? has your doctor said anything about this, since its been already 7 months since surgery.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Llgoon

• Visitor
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2021, 03:45:02 PM »

Man 7 months after surgery I admire your work but still ur bud going left and right more than normal. Dunno its not looking like a normal walk, close but not normal. İts like low level duck ass sorry to say

« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2021, 01:28:49 AM »

Nice! Man I love seeing progress x-rays haha (I think there is something wrong with me lol). So amazing to see the bone regenerating though. Magic!

FSchez

« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2021, 02:12:06 PM »

I appreciate your honest comments.
I guess bone growth depends on each person and the diet you eat ...
It is always helpful to have someone tell you what to correct to motivate you to keep working.
Thank you all!!
I will keep working hard

FSchez

« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »

Hi guys!
On Monday I took new X-rays and it seems that the bone formation is on the right track.
On Tuesday I felt confident to increase the pace and time running on the treadmill:

For the rest there is nothing new, every day I continue stretching for half an hour and little by little I am getting closer to regain my weight before surgery and my muscle tone💪

These are Monday's X-rays:

https://ibb.co/6gRmGxk

https://ibb.co/mqCSJLg

https://ibb.co/V27dZ4h

Christopherbulder

« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2021, 02:31:16 PM »

estas mui bien POR poco mese tiene demasiado prisa
yo asta un Anos ni e ententado corer   :)

FSchez

« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2021, 06:11:41 PM »

7 and a half months from the day of the surgery

I keep training hard (without straining my body, of course) ...

FSchez

« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2021, 07:27:42 PM »

estas mui bien POR poco mese tiene demasiado prisa
yo asta un Anos ni e ententado corer   :)

Thank you very much, my friend!
I am training as long as I can but always careful not to hurt myself.
If I do intense exercise it is because I want to recover soon to feel that I am useful again in my family, because I have already spent a few months being a burden and it is not pleasant ... 😕
Now I can hold my children in my arms and I feel stable and strong again ... It is an incredible feeling😁💪

LU213

« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2021, 06:17:55 AM »

Great job.  You are doing quite well in such a short time.

FSchez

« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:43 PM »

Great job.  You are doing quite well in such a short time.

Thanks LU213!
Today it has been exactly 8 months since the surgery.
Before the operation, I thought that in 6 months I could be almost completely recovered ... until your legs are operated you do not realize the severity and difficulty of recovery ...
Now, 8 months after the surgery, I'm feeling my legs most of the day as before the surgery, in fact I have been spending most of time normal for several days.
I have returned to playing tennis with caution, I can teach paddle tennis again, and I run on the treadmill without suffering joint or muscle pain ...
My gait is already almost 100x100 normal, but in some athletic movements when I play sports or in some exercises to tone the muscles of my legs I feel a slight tension in my hips and knees. That's the only point negative that reminds me that I have surgery😊

FSchez

« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2021, 02:26:28 PM »

Hi guys!
I only write to update my physical condition.
It has been almost 9 and a half months since the surgery.
Although I am not training as long as I would like to, I have already regained much of my athletic ability.
Yesterday I was testing my agility and speed in a simulation of paddle strokes in the gym:

I have not yet regained my athletic ability to 100% but every week I feel a little faster and more agile.
My next update will be when I can walk exactly like before the operation and can run for 10km at a decent pace😉

indication

« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2021, 02:52:44 PM »

Greta video. You have decent agility but your walk isn't normal yet?

and careful with the nail removal. I heard that one guy broke his femur after Stryde nail removal. Don't remove for at least 1.5 years after surgery.

FSchez

« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2021, 03:09:13 PM »

Greta video. You have decent agility but your walk isn't normal yet?

and careful with the nail removal. I heard that one guy broke his femur after Stryde nail removal. Don't remove for at least 1.5 years after surgery.

Hi, friend!
I know it seems weird but I can run better than I can walk.
It is true that I am quite a perfectionist and although I no longer feel discomfort when I walk, my pace is not exactly the same as before the operation. I still move my hips slightly more than normal, but it is something that I think will improve over time when I fully strengthen my legs and glutes. I hope so🙏
Thanks for the advice, I read it in the forum and I was quite shocked by the news ...
I will be cautious and will not remove my nails until the bone is fully formed and the doctor recommends it.

FSchez

« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2021, 10:43:05 PM »

Hi everybody!
Quick update:
Today exactly 11 months have passed since the operation.
I have already managed to regain a large part of my muscle tone, now I weigh 61 kg.
I still do not walk 100% natural as before the operation (I keep moving my hips and I still have a little sway), but I no longer have discomfort in my knees or hips. Until a few weeks ago when I was walking I kept thinking about how to take the steps to try to walk as well as possible but I already walk without thinking about it.
The recovery is being slower than I thought, and although I would like to move faster, I believe that I am on the right track to get closer to my physical condition before the operation.
Today I ran on the treadmill to test my speed and endurance. I still have a long way to go to reach my 100% and I know that it is difficult to achieve it considering that 2 years ago I have run 10 km races in 40 minutes I could maintain a constant speed of 18 km / h for 2 km These are the videos of today:

See you soon!

Masteryourlife

« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2021, 01:14:19 AM »

Hi everybody!
Quick update:
Today exactly 11 months have passed since the operation.
I have already managed to regain a large part of my muscle tone, now I weigh 61 kg.
I still do not walk 100% natural as before the operation (I keep moving my hips and I still have a little sway), but I no longer have discomfort in my knees or hips. Until a few weeks ago when I was walking I kept thinking about how to take the steps to try to walk as well as possible but I already walk without thinking about it.
The recovery is being slower than I thought, and although I would like to move faster, I believe that I am on the right track to get closer to my physical condition before the operation.
Today I ran on the treadmill to test my speed and endurance. I still have a long way to go to reach my 100% and I know that it is difficult to achieve it considering that 2 years ago I have run 10 km races in 40 minutes I could maintain a constant speed of 18 km / h for 2 km These are the videos of today:

See you soon!

Hi , that is really concerning to me .
After 11 months still not feeling 100% walking?
Usually at 11 months I heard walking was super ok just heavy sports were not allowed .
Do u have any opinion on that and why that is happening to u with your walking gait ?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up