Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navel height and golder ratio  (Read 170 times)

AnotherLLer

Navel height and golder ratio
« on: May 02, 2024, 02:11:28 PM »

So, I've read on this forum numerous times that if a man stands at 6 ft tall, his navel height should be around 113 cm ideally. That puts his upper body starting from navel (including neck and head) at about 70 cm long.

Now, I stand at 165 cm at night and have a navel height of 98 cm. That puts my upper body height (including neck and head) 67 cm long. According to the golden ratio, one has to be 158 cm tall at 98 cm navel height in order to have balanced lower and upper bodies.

In order to have a perfectly proportioned lower and upper bodies, I have to lengthen at least 12 cm in my legs to get a navel height of 110cm and stand at 177 cm night height. 110 x 1.618 = 178 cm.

Now, if I lengthen 8 cm on femurs and 5 cm on tibia to stretch it to 13 cm total gain, I will stand at 178 cm and have 111 cm navel height. 111 * 1.618 = 179 cm which will be my mid day height so I think that 8 cm in femurs and 5.5 cm in tibia (in order to balance height loss from femur curvature) is ideal for me.

But, only issue is my arm length. I have a wide frame (untrained bideltoid is 21 inch right now). But, arm length is 71-72 cm long from acromion to middle finger. I have small hands so that takes away at least 1-1.5 cm arm length from hands and fingers.

But, my arms are very proportionate (humerus to forearm ratio) and they are very nicely shaped (especially humerus). I'm afraid of humerus lengthening (especially externally) as it might ruin the shape of it. Also, huge scars from external frames on humerus looks really bad. Add the potential nerve complications and loss of motor functions in hand and it gets really risky.

Do you think that after 13.5 cm lengthening and becoming 178 cm I will need humerus lengthening? Proportionally I will look much better at 178 cm night height because of low navel height and tall and broad upper body. I'm so broad at this height that I'm not working out as I look squarish already with 21 inch bideltoid at 5'5. I think that I will look much better with 13.5 cm longer legs with this wide frame. Right now I look like a dwarf due to huge upper body and frame.

What do you think? Should I get 8 cm femurs and 5.5 cm tibiae without humerus lengthening at the end?

Acemace86

Re: Navel height and golder ratio
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 04:35:04 PM »

No you won’t need to do arm lengthening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up