Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibia package for 5 cm with Dr. Quynh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam  (Read 8402 times)

boklecrt

Re: LON Tibia package for 5 cm with Dr. Quynh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2022, 08:47:21 AM »

sorry no d, i dont even know what is that

How flexible were you prior to surgery?
How is your ballerina now.
I was considering the same doctor.
Covid has pushed back my plans until next year.

not very flexible
ballerina went down within 1 month after frame removal

Hey bro,
Congrats for your new height. Can you show us a pic of what the LON device looked on your tibias? (you mentioned it is not the same as buldu). Could you show us a pic of your scars?
Keep us update on your recovery. Thanks a lot :)

i deleted all my photos with the frames not to be reminded of that stuff but i will upload scars when i do my final xray in january 2023
come back around then and you will see the recovery of the scars and the xray
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

Golden

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2022, 09:58:57 AM »

Hey boklecrt,

Thanks for sharing with us your experience! I wish a great recovery and hear good news in your next xray.

Just wanted to know their whatsapp number if possible.

Also, which doctor would be the best for me considering I'm willing to go for full external tibias (TSF)? As I know, Dr. Giotikas does it with TSF frames, but have no idea about Dr. Quynh. Also, I have sent you a DM a while ago.

Thank you, all the best :)

poclecrt

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 05:15:55 PM »

hey there buddy boyos

quick update, xrays:

Basically almost mineralized so will definitely be taking the nails out this year, its a pain in the ass dealing with the screws and you can feel them constantly. I don't think this would change so i look forward to having them out some time after the summer

Otherwise walking has been as usual, tightness in the mornings goes away with few steps so no biggie

thats about it

cheers mateys

href

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 06:36:41 PM »

Where you gonna go to get them taken out?

Unknown

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2023, 05:53:59 AM »

hey there buddy boyos

quick update, xrays:

Basically almost mineralized so will definitely be taking the nails out this year, its a pain in the ass dealing with the screws and you can feel them constantly. I don't think this would change so i look forward to having them out some time after the summer

Otherwise walking has been as usual, tightness in the mornings goes away with few steps so no biggie

thats about it

cheers mateys

Wow that looks pretty damn good your consolidation. How long is the earliest you can remove internail nail? 1 yr or 2 yr? Btw can people notice your gait and ask questions to you?

toyz

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2023, 07:21:05 AM »

lon method has high risks of bone infections. its worst than externals without nailing. How did u convinced urself to take this risk bro

Golden

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2023, 06:27:10 AM »

lon method has high risks of bone infections. its worst than externals without nailing. How did u convinced urself to take this risk bro

Do you think going for pure externals is safer and better than LON or LATN methods? Could you please elaborate it more?

bocklecrt2

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »

Where you gonna go to get them taken out?

somewhere in europe

not that high risk, if you are careful and reasonable with the wound care. before internals externals were the standard so dont really see the big deal besides the bulky frames giving overall discomfort compared to internals

anyway lads, i have an inquiry and look for advice

So before my surgery my femur/tibia ratio was 0.86 due to naturally long tibia, after surgery my ratio is 0.98 and truth be told im not too happy about that since its way off the average of 0.80

however my wing span is equal to my preop height and currently sitting at -5cm from my height

please refer to the following POST OP photo of myself:

Now the quuestion is this, do you think my subhuman wingspan can accommodate another 5 cm on femur in order to revert back to my original femur/tibia ratio of 0.86?

At that point the wingspan will be -10cm from my height

Additionally can i push for more than 5cm on femur, fyi if i do 9.3 cm on femur i will put my femur/tibia ratio dead on at 0.80

share your thoughts lads

informationispower

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2023, 05:18:32 PM »

I think your torso will look too short as well. I wouldn't lengthen anymore if I were you

SpeedDialer

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2023, 12:23:43 AM »

Now the quuestion is this, do you think my subhuman wingspan can accommodate another 5 cm on femur in order to revert back to my original femur/tibia ratio of 0.86?

yes

1team

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2023, 12:29:11 AM »

I think your torso will look too short as well. I wouldn't lengthen anymore if I were you

Pretty much this if you care about proportions. Your wingspan will look weird and your torso already looks short.

1team

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2023, 12:42:37 AM »

People who can't afford internals is why. No other reason.

toyz

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2023, 03:27:05 AM »

People who can't afford internals is why. No other reason.

yes but i think u guys are not understanding difference between LON and externals.

in LON u put nail and frame. this is worst for bone infections. 10% chance according to a doctors cyborg4life interview

in externa u put frame only. this can causes pin site infections which is not big deal.

what i asking boklectr was how he convince himself to take such great bone infection risk (not pin site infection) but choosing LON method.

bocklecrt2

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2023, 08:28:41 AM »

Pretty much this if you care about proportions. Your wingspan will look weird and your torso already looks short.

god damn it :( should i do some kind of measurements of my torso to see if it will get all weird looking after 5 more cm? i tried to do a mock up of 5cm on femur but i couldnt make it look good. how do you guys do mockups?

yes but i think u guys are not understanding difference between LON and externals.

in LON u put nail and frame. this is worst for bone infections. 10% chance according to a doctors cyborg4life interview

in externa u put frame only. this can causes pin site infections which is not big deal.

what i asking boklectr was how he convince himself to take such great bone infection risk (not pin site infection) but choosing LON method.

hey buddy boyo
so the deal was this - i wanted a weight bearing solution to tibia lengthening and i hadnt done enough research to know that betzbone on tibia is weightbearing. then when i went and did my preop halfbody xrays which had exact measurements of the two bones i realized i have a long ass tibia! but the deal was done and i was scheduled for surgery a few days later

anyway, so the difference between LON and fully internal is obviously the external frame, but when they insert the nail during LON you have 2 weeks of antibiotics and told not to put water on the wounds not to risk infection going down to the bone(this is the same with precice or betzbone anyway - after 2 weeks you can go to a swimming pool etc.)

but with LON the external frame pins pass above the screws of the intramedullary nail so they do not have interaction between each other, look on this xray on the proximal femur you can notice the hole from the pin above the nail:

So basically if you didnt get an intra operative infection which you didnt kill with the intravenous antibiotics first in the hospital and then orals when you leave the hospital(i did 10 days total of antibiotics), you just need to worry about pin site infection

then if you get a pin site infection it is SLOW so it would take weeks for it to be left red, swolled, oozing pus and PAINFUL until it goes inside the actual bone(like what happens with Buldu where the random people who clean your wounds tell you you dont have infection for weeks while it looks clear as day that it is an infection - like with hasaki case)

1team

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2023, 09:14:57 AM »

god damn it :( should i do some kind of measurements of my torso to see if it will get all weird looking after 5 more cm? i tried to do a mock up of 5cm on femur but i couldnt make it look good. how do you guys do mockups?

Here's the thing buddy boyo. Average man has a wingspan that is 5cm/2 inches longer than their height. In the case of genetically gifted athletes it can be much longer. As you have in your own words a subhuman wingspan If you do another 5cm compared to the average man you will have a wingspan that is 15cm less than what you typically should have. 

This combined with the short torso leads to the conclusion you shouldn't do more lengthening if you are concerned about proportions. I suppose you could deal with the wingspan issue with arm lengthening but then you risk looking like a gimp with stubby forearms. Tough call.

bocklecrt3

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2023, 06:25:35 PM »

Here's the thing buddy boyo. Average man has a wingspan that is 5cm/2 inches longer than their height. In the case of genetically gifted athletes it can be much longer. As you have in your own words a subhuman wingspan If you do another 5cm compared to the average man you will have a wingspan that is 15cm less than what you typically should have. 

This combined with the short torso leads to the conclusion you shouldn't do more lengthening if you are concerned about proportions. I suppose you could deal with the wingspan issue with arm lengthening but then you risk looking like a gimp with stubby forearms. Tough call.

god is it really over for me so soon after just 5cm? do you think i should do the femur in order to get back to my natural ratio and avoid any joint issues in the future or this joint issue thing is a myth?

lucindaris

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2023, 06:58:35 PM »

how much time it takes to return to basic locomotion (simple going to shop alone) after 5 cm LON?

bocklecrt3

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2023, 07:23:17 PM »

how much time it takes to return to basic locomotion (simple going to shop alone) after 5 cm LON?

depends on many factors. i did almost no physical therapy while in the frames and i paid for it after the frame removal by taking me exactly 2 months to walk unassisted

if i was hitting the stretching hours per day since the very beginning of the surgery i wouldve been walking within weeks after frame removal

so.. it depends on your own self!

Unknown

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2023, 08:18:37 PM »

depends on many factors. i did almost no physical therapy while in the frames and i paid for it after the frame removal by taking me exactly 2 months to walk unassisted

if i was hitting the stretching hours per day since the very beginning of the surgery i wouldve been walking within weeks after frame removal

so.. it depends on your own self!

I dont think u need to do LL anymore, its good that you managed to recover relatively well. But well, if you do, do internal Femurs, dont go with LON Femurs. Have you contacted Donghoon before?

mellowrain

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2023, 11:25:23 AM »

hey there buddy boyos

cheers mateys

this is the first time I've heard about feeling the screws?
is it a dull pain? soreness?
has that resolved since you posted in january?

mellowrain

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2023, 11:59:28 AM »

Also I wanted to ask, was the fibula fixated with additional screws?

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2023, 02:52:07 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

MOMOV

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2023, 06:11:10 AM »

I pmed you can you pm me the contact and website plz

bagsnbooksies

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2023, 06:32:29 AM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

if you stopped squinting and opened your blackie eyes youd see 3 sets of xrays on this diary

must be hard being a schizophrenic
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E

Thekollecter

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »

was the fibula fixated with additional screws?

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2023, 03:41:14 AM »

if you stopped squinting and opened your blackie eyes youd see 3 sets of xrays on this diary

must be hard being a schizophrenic
He said 'recent x-rays'.

Must be hard being dyslexic.

Robert Adam

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2023, 12:37:48 PM »

If you lengthened your tibia by 51mm, are you 51mm taller or less?

Beemer m3

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2023, 08:00:21 AM »

hey i just came across your post. im getting ready to have surgery next month. im going with dr doan because i couldnt find a doctor in ho chi minh city. couldnt find a facebook contact. dr doan have many surgeries already so i trust him.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

quanphuoc89

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2023, 06:28:55 AM »

Have you got your surgery done mate?

Beemer m3

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2023, 06:16:04 AM »

Have you got your surgery done mate?

Yea I did
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

sered22

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2023, 07:33:00 AM »

Congratulations on the height gain.
I am also considering 5 cm tibia. I am 169 cm

What is your sitting height? Mine is 88 cm, would that be good enough in your opinion?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up