Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFA LON Femur Diary  (Read 2313 times)

thatwlstdude

Re: AFA LON Femur Diary
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2024, 05:22:12 AM »

This fking idiot they hired nearly slammed us into a truck on the highway going like 70mph. Made the other patient promptly put his seatbelt on too. Made me pull a back muscle now it’s even worse sitting in this pos. I put mine on the moment I got in the car because this guys vibes were sketchy and his car is dirty and  ty. God this pissed me off.

thatwlstdude

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2024, 06:47:58 AM »

Well. Getting my xrays done and about to get fixators removed. Thank god lol. Survived AFAs new driver. Told them to get me another one next time too.

Beemer m3

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 08:36:21 AM »

hey congrats on ur gains and removing ur frame. i have a few questions for u. how are u eating food over there? what kind of food do they have over there? where are u staying?

they quoted me 35k for lon femur. which is easily achievable but i didnt want to deal with the skin scars. they quoted me about 66k for precice max and im waiting for that. something i want.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 09:02:27 AM by Beemer m3 »
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

thatwlstdude

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 04:48:39 PM »

Thanks just got them removed and when I woke up, I was in the most pain I felt this entire process. Wow.

Staying in the hotel and I eat fine as far as calories, but as far as the taste of food goes, I think Turkish people are allergic to good food because I’ve not had one thing here that I loved. It’s all bland and nasty for the most part. The hotel room service food is the best I’ve had in Turkey, but it’s still not that good it’s just in America we would consider “average” . So if you are able, I would suggest buying food from the store and cooking yourself, and staying away from their driver lol

70 K for Max is actually a pretty good price. I was expecting it to be more.

thatwlstdude

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2024, 06:38:40 PM »

This is the worst experience I’ve had so far. Granted it’s not with AFAs staff but it’s their affiliated hospital. The nurses arent checking up on me and the nursing button doesn’t work, which I told them and they didn’t fix. The caretaker I have is slow and very hard to communicate with him and the day that I had earlier just makes it worse. But I’m free now and have achieved my dream so I’ll be out of here tomorrow thank God lol.

MK2024

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2024, 08:24:04 AM »

Congratulations Bro that you finally achieved our dream nothing is easy in this world but you made it wish you the best of luck on your upcoming step.

thatwlstdude

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2024, 02:05:25 PM »

Yes that is right and thanks. I just wanted to set real expectations for the hospital lol. I love Dr Uysal he’s great. AFA team is really the best and very kind. I was so happy to be back here. Word to the wise: whenever any potential patients get driven from the hospital in sakarya to the hotel, take painkillers and lay down.

I can walk around 80% as well as before removal. But that’s pretty damn. Good for day 1. Pain is much better each day but still bad enough today that I have to move real slowly. I can wait to finally get full ROM back which I’m mostly there, and mostly walk without support. :)

thatwlstdude

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2024, 02:07:30 PM »

Also, I want to clarify on a previous post that I was very angry at the time from the idiot driver, AFA is great lol, not their problem and they always handle problems immediately and professionally. Even at 12am. They can’t control the nurses in the hospital directly either so all I can do is report…

thatwlstdude

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:20 PM »

This may be the final entry in here as I’m about to go home, but I saw the doctor for the last time in person today. Said my X-rays look “Fantastic” and I’ll likely be running within a month. I can walk without crutches but still stiff, but I use one for safety. Each day is better and better and within a couple weeks I’ll walk normally.

Got to work very hard and eat well. Having an efficient body doesn’t hurt of course.

Good luck out there.

Cheers

MK2024

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2024, 06:57:44 AM »

It's good to hear again from you. Kindly add more pic of your x-ray and also before and after proportion.

thatwlstdude

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2024, 10:32:37 AM »

https://ibb.co/Zd9jsYD
https://ibb.co/QNw6XYW

Yeah my proportions are good. I’m in the AFA instagram stories as well

AnotherLLer

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2024, 06:16:31 PM »

How much did you lengthen? What was your initial height and have you got serious complications while being in fixators?

Do you think that LON femur is manageable if one lengthens near the clinic, in an apartment with the helper? Or is it dangerous due to higher risks of infections?

thatwlstdude

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2024, 08:57:19 PM »

7cm, goal was 8. But I didn’t know my official measured height before so once I found out I was 5’10&1/2 7cm was enough.

I had an infection on my right leg which was painful but not horrible. They pushed too hard on pt before that and I pulled a muscle in my left leg, THAT was terrible pain for a couple weeks. But they scaled back and took care of it quickly.

Is Lon femur doable? Yes definitely. From what I’ve personally seen in at least 10 patients in person, tibia seems to have more complications or at least pain. They can barely move. I personally am not a fan of the hotel, and all other patients and guests I talk to say the same. The beds are like concrete slabs, it’s noisy as hell 18 hours a day, they charge to use the hot tub 😂 and some other minor things. But the staff is professional. I only stayed because I wanted to be near for issues, which I would highly advise if you can afford it because IF something happens, it becomes a big deal to hop in a cab even if it’s only a half mile or a mile away. But it CAN be done if you’re careful. Just stay within 5 minutes id say. It’s much cheaper.

Good luck

thatwlstdude

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2024, 09:04:04 PM »

Oh, also, Dr Uysal really is fantastic. Had no serious issues with him and he knows every complication you could throw way him. I don’t say that lightly. You couldn’t pay me to go to another doc in Turkey.

Here’s a pic from just now. This is less than a month post removal, and 4 separate people all said “wow looks like precise”. (Also in person it’s less pronounced and doesn’t have as much color like the photo.) In a couple months it’ll be barely notable. Like a minor surfing accident or something.

https://ibb.co/CVjv6hj

AnotherLLer

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2024, 10:45:07 PM »

Can you stand on your feet in order to check the alignment of thighs? Like, for example, when you bring your legs closer, do they touch each other and create straight line without bowing?

Basically, another issue with LON femur apart from higher chance of getting infections is misalignment during the distraction process. It might cause X legs which not only looks aesthetically unacceptable, but also makes you crippled for the life unless you correct them.

thatwlstdude

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2024, 07:44:10 AM »

Yeah I can. The first few days the muscle was so tight in my legs that they came together but now they separated as the muscle is strengthening. Just muscle contracture. Now I can walk better each day, and within a couple weeks I’ll walk normal. Just muscle strengthening now. I’m also quite stable when I stand too

thatwlstdude

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2024, 07:47:50 AM »

https://ibb.co/jW7Kk2h
^ This is my forcing my legs together so you can see I can touch ankles no problem

https://ibb.co/f4dMHtM
And this is normal extension

AnotherLLer

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2024, 09:49:18 AM »

Is 5'10 & 1/2 your post surgery height?

thatwlstdude

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2024, 10:41:38 AM »

No closer to 6’2 barefoot post
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up