Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Precise 2.2 with Dr Debiparshad — June 2021  (Read 12300 times)

Worzezterlire

Precise 2.2 with Dr Debiparshad — June 2021
« on: June 12, 2021, 02:30:43 PM »

On a lot of narcotics now, but just hit the 24 hour mark.  As says in my signature, I am going from 5’9 on the dot (he measured 5’8 and 7/8ths) to a microfraction over 6’ (would be about 6’1/40th of an inch, lol).  Morning height would go from nearly 5’10 to nearly 6’1, and socially I would tell people I am 6’1.

Dr Debiparshad’s team  is really hands on (Teresa and Ronnie, his miscellaneous and medical coordinators respectively) gave their phone numbers to me and expect me to text them 24/7 as needed, so far they have been truly amazing.  Dr Debiparshad himself did the surgery and was very thorough in the pre-work.  The only thing he is concern of this point is that I have below average flexibility in my hamstrings, but above average flexibility elsewhere.  He thinks as long as I take it seriously in rehab that I should have zero issue getting the full 8cm.  I walk many miles a day normally and he said I might be able to get back to that state by December even with precise, and walking a mile a day much earlier, maybe October.

I got to meet a few of his patients, one was a nice young lady that had just finished 8cm of Stryde on her femurs.  I was motivated when I saw her — she was starting much shorter than me, and 8cm in the femurs alone looks EXTREMELY natural in person, way more than in pictures.  In fact it looked especially good on her, since big thighs look amazing on women IMO.   On someone likely a foot taller starting like myself, it will also look great.  I have slightly long Tibias to start as well, I think like a .82 ratio.  I also met another cool guy who was doing quadrilateral two weeks apart with Debiparshad, and he was off pain meds almost immediately after breaking his tibias.  I nodded at another guy who was leaving as I was arriving, I didn’t want to embarrass him by calling him out in the hallway, but I couldn’t even tell what segment he had done, he looked really natural.  I won’t reveal any more about these people or others I will meet in the coming days since I’m sure they want anonymity, but it was really inspiring to see their amazing progress.  Debiparshad’s patients looked just as good as Dr Paley’s, and from talking to Dr Debiparshad he seems to really have a good relationship with Paley as well as mutual respect.

Overall my pain levels briefly reached an 8/10 a few hours after surgery, but with the strongest narcotic I’m currently relaxed at around 3/10 pain, maybe 2/10.  The only time it reached a 9 was when they wanted me to stand up maybe 3 hours after surgery with weight offloading (since it’s not Stryde and they only were able to get the 10.7 nails in my legs — I have a big frame in terms of shoulders and rib cage, but my bone density is very average in my legs and arms.).  Essentially I can offload 50lbs per foot but Dr D said this should be more than enough for me.  I weigh a bit over 160 now and I’ll go down to 145 by late summer due to the energy costs of lengthening anyways.  Offloading 50% of weight should apparently be easy, and my goal is to use crutches within a month.

Anyways I am very optimistic right now, and impressed with Dr D’s team so far.  I have a strong sense I’ll be back to normal by the end of the calendar year, only a few months later than if I had done Stryde.  Besides, Dr D made it very clear to me that Stryde is 18 months out — he’s very close to nuvasive, just like Paley, and thinks a full redesign is in order.  The idea that one wouldn’t go through this surgery twice is probably true, after breaking once I am not sure I’ll want to do tibias again in 2 years with Stryde for only 1-2 inches.  But I’m keeping my chin up!

I like a lot of privacy but decided to do a journal because

1. Not many journals for modern precise 2.2 since the Stryde recall
 2. I’m starting at an average height, at least 3 inches taller than most of Dr D’s patients (though not the tallest either, he’s done someone 5’11 before)
 3. Not many journals for Debiparshad here, whose credentials are extremely good and seems to be a bit overlooked by the forum

I probably won’t post any x days or anything super personal, but I plan to post a blurred before and after picture of me wearing jeans (30 inseam before, 32 inseam after) sometime this fall.  Will answer any questions here about precise and my journey.

TouchTheSkies

Re: Precise 2.2 with Dr Debiparshad — June 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 03:52:06 PM »

On a lot of narcotics now, but just hit the 24 hour mark.  As says in my signature, I am going from 5’9 on the dot (he measured 5’8 and 7/8ths) to a microfraction over 6’ (would be about 6’1/40th of an inch, lol).  Morning height would go from nearly 5’10 to nearly 6’1, and socially I would tell people I am 6’1.

Dr Debiparshad’s team  is really hands on (Teresa and Ronnie, his miscellaneous and medical coordinators respectively) gave their phone numbers to me and expect me to text them 24/7 as needed, so far they have been truly amazing.  Dr Debiparshad himself did the surgery and was very thorough in the pre-work.  The only thing he is concern of this point is that I have below average flexibility in my hamstrings, but above average flexibility elsewhere.  He thinks as long as I take it seriously in rehab that I should have zero issue getting the full 8cm.  I walk many miles a day normally and he said I might be able to get back to that state by December even with precise, and walking a mile a day much earlier, maybe October.

I got to meet a few of his patients, one was a nice young lady that had just finished 8cm of Stryde on her femurs.  I was motivated when I saw her — she was starting much shorter than me, and 8cm in the femurs alone looks EXTREMELY natural in person, way more than in pictures.  In fact it looked especially good on her, since big thighs look amazing on women IMO.   On someone likely a foot taller starting like myself, it will also look great.  I have slightly long Tibias to start as well, I think like a .82 ratio.  I also met another cool guy who was doing quadrilateral two weeks apart with Debiparshad, and he was off pain meds almost immediately after breaking his tibias.  I nodded at another guy who was leaving as I was arriving, I didn’t want to embarrass him by calling him out in the hallway, but I couldn’t even tell what segment he had done, he looked really natural.  I won’t reveal any more about these people or others I will meet in the coming days since I’m sure they want anonymity, but it was really inspiring to see their amazing progress.  Debiparshad’s patients looked just as good as Dr Paley’s, and from talking to Dr Debiparshad he seems to really have a good relationship with Paley as well as mutual respect.

Overall my pain levels briefly reached an 8/10 a few hours after surgery, but with the strongest narcotic I’m currently relaxed at around 3/10 pain, maybe 2/10.  The only time it reached a 9 was when they wanted me to stand up maybe 3 hours after surgery with weight offloading (since it’s not Stryde and they only were able to get the 10.7 nails in my legs — I have a big frame in terms of shoulders and rib cage, but my bone density is very average in my legs and arms.).  Essentially I can offload 50lbs per foot but Dr D said this should be more than enough for me.  I weigh a bit over 160 now and I’ll go down to 145 by late summer due to the energy costs of lengthening anyways.  Offloading 50% of weight should apparently be easy, and my goal is to use crutches within a month.

Anyways I am very optimistic right now, and impressed with Dr D’s team so far.  I have a strong sense I’ll be back to normal by the end of the calendar year, only a few months later than if I had done Stryde.  Besides, Dr D made it very clear to me that Stryde is 18 months out — he’s very close to nuvasive, just like Paley, and thinks a full redesign is in order.  The idea that one wouldn’t go through this surgery twice is probably true, after breaking once I am not sure I’ll want to do tibias again in 2 years with Stryde for only 1-2 inches.  But I’m keeping my chin up!

I like a lot of privacy but decided to do a journal because

1. Not many journals for modern precise 2.2 since the Stryde recall
 2. I’m starting at an average height, at least 3 inches taller than most of Dr D’s patients (though not the tallest either, he’s done someone 5’11 before)
 3. Not many journals for Debiparshad here, whose credentials are extremely good and seems to be a bit overlooked by the forum

I probably won’t post any x days or anything super personal, but I plan to post a blurred before and after picture of me wearing jeans (30 inseam before, 32 inseam after) sometime this fall.  Will answer any questions here about precise and my journey.

Great to hear everything’s good. May I ask what made you want to do the procedure? E.g for me my family is all short and my friends are all over 6 foot etc. Also, is there anything u regret not doing before the procedure to better prepare yourself? (It may be too early to say lol)
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Worzezterlire

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 03:57:43 PM »

Great to hear everything’s good. May I ask what made you want to do the procedure? E.g for me my family is all short and my friends are all over 6 foot etc. Also, is there anything u regret not doing before the procedure to better prepare yourself? (It may be too early to say lol)

A big part of it is confidence issues.  I’m very confident in my intelligence, my charisma, my physical appearance and my career.  But I always felt like a little guy, since tons of ex girlfriends and ex friends would pick on my height a lot.  Since the procedure is fairly safe and I’m in great shape going into it, I am going into this very optimistic about my future height and not at all upset about my old height.  I think a positive outlook will help me through it.

I wish I stretched a bit more before this, but I did stretch my hamstrings a lot and despite that my hams were the only thing that were tight when I was evaluated.  So I’m not sure what else should have been done on my end.  But I’ll be stretching 3 hours a day once I’m discharged and able to, so I think I can rectify it.  Dr D said only two people he has ever treated didn’t reach at least 7.5cm, and it was due to them not being serious about stretching.  He is confident that at my age (early 20s) that nothing should hold me back as long as I’m serious about rehab.

Edit: it’s worth noting he did do an IT Band release on me, but did not feel it necessary to do a hamstring release.  I am tight, but not to the point a release was necessary.  I had no issue with the IT band release since it grows back anyways.  It only added $3000 to my total cost, and he gave me a couple thousand dollar discount (maybe it was 5000?) for doing precise this summer.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 04:19:52 PM »

A big part of it is confidence issues.  I’m very confident in my intelligence, my charisma, my physical appearance and my career.  But I always felt like a little guy, since tons of ex girlfriends and ex friends would pick on my height a lot.  Since the procedure is fairly safe and I’m in great shape going into it, I am going into this very optimistic about my future height and not at all upset about my old height.  I think a positive outlook will help me through it.

I wish I stretched a bit more before this, but I did stretch my hamstrings a lot and despite that my hams were the only thing that were tight when I was evaluated.  So I’m not sure what else should have been done on my end.  But I’ll be stretching 3 hours a day once I’m discharged and able to, so I think I can rectify it.  Dr D said only two people he has ever treated didn’t reach at least 7.5cm, and it was due to them not being serious about stretching.  He is confident that at my age (early 20s) that nothing should hold me back as long as I’m serious about rehab.

Edit: it’s worth noting he did do an IT Band release on me, but did not feel it necessary to do a hamstring release.  I am tight, but not to the point a release was necessary.  I had no issue with the IT band release since it grows back anyways.  It only added $3000 to my total cost, and he gave me a couple thousand dollar discount (maybe it was 5000?) for doing precise this summer.

Damn you’re young bro I wish I had the money so I could do it rn. Any advice on how to make money quickly? I’m starting university this year
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

RB

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 04:29:50 PM »

Best of luck mate!
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Sambollio

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 04:34:27 PM »

That’s awesome man! Hopefully I will be getting mine done under the same doc and I’m the same starting height! Best of luck!

Worzezterlire

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 04:57:11 PM »

Damn you’re young bro I wish I had the money so I could do it rn. Any advice on how to make money quickly? I’m starting university this year

Without revealing too much, I got into a high paying tech job I was promoted twice during, so I’m clearing a very high paycheck for my age.  I worked banking level of hours (100hrs a week) for my first three years out of college to make that amount and got promoted much faster than my peers.  I advise you to save up maybe 30k and take a loan out for the rest with a long repayment time.  Don’t do this until you have a stable career though.  I had the cash to pay off hand but took 65k of loans anyways because then I can feel safer holding my own cash on the side.

That’s awesome man! Hopefully I will be getting mine done under the same doc and I’m the same starting height! Best of luck!

Best of luck to you too!  Dr D’s team has really impressed me so far.

Thanks!
Best of luck mate!

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 06:06:11 AM »

Congrats Hobbitman! I was going to take the plunge before stryde was recalled and am still mulling over precice and whether I can make it work with everything.  I’ll be following your progress for sure - very curious about precice and how it will be for me if I pull the trigger in the near future. Stay strong 💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Worzezterlire

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 06:29:47 AM »

Congrats Hobbitman! I was going to take the plunge before stryde was recalled and am still mulling over precice and whether I can make it work with everything.  I’ll be following your progress for sure - very curious about precice and how it will be for me if I pull the trigger in the near future. Stay strong 💪

Glad to hear I can be helpful!  I’ve seen a lot of people held up by the recall of Stryde and hence I wanted to document my journey to let people decide if it’s worth it for them.  I’ll be working from home for the next 3-4 months so I should be good, it’ll be interesting to see how stressful work and consolidation are.  Nice profile pic btw, big fan of Star Trek TOS

Worzezterlire

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »

Things have become a lot less painful two days in.  I’ll be discharged from the hospital shortly.  I’m able to stand with a walker and go to the bathroom on my own.  I’ll begin lengthening in a few days, pain is down to a 2 out of 10 already, even after getting up and down and walking.  I feel a lot more optimistic about the following few months now.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 11:45:07 PM »

Things have become a lot less painful two days in.  I’ll be discharged from the hospital shortly.  I’m able to stand with a walker and go to the bathroom on my own.  I’ll begin lengthening in a few days, pain is down to a 2 out of 10 already, even after getting up and down and walking.  I feel a lot more optimistic about the following few months now.

Glad to hear it HobbitMan! This is great info and much appreciate you sharing your journey! 💪
171 cm (day height)

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 01:57:19 AM »

Awesome to hear bro!
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

Thorfinnn

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 02:05:22 AM »

The start of distraction and the road to 6’0, that great hobbitman!

Worzezterlire

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 03:40:14 AM »

One warning to Precise 2.2 patients — beyond stretching, PLEASE work your triceps a lot for a few months before lengthening if you choose not to wait for Stryde!  It’s the one muscle group I’ve worked to exhaustion getting up and down and hopping around on the walker.  If you can get some grip, forearm, and shoulder strength early on you will have a much easier time.

And thanks guys!  So concludes day 3 after surgery :)

HeightGain

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »

You always seem to be in a great mentally when you post here. That will help a lot on this journey. Good luck and first part almost over.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 04:25:36 PM »

You always seem to be in a great mentally when you post here. That will help a lot on this journey. Good luck and first part almost over.

Thanks dude!  I’m super optimistic for the future when I am 6’0 and so I’m always able to balance the pain with a huge level of excitement for the future.  183cm night height is tall everywhere except the Netherlands where it is average, and here in the US it is actually pretty tall.  I am hoping to move the Europe one day for my job once I am taller and being 183 will help me not feel super short there I think.

Today I am in a decent bit of pain, but I can transfer to the wheelchair and walker without too much difficulty.  At this point the experience is identical to what a Stryde patient would go through, at the 2 week mark is the point at which it diverges, because that’s when they can fully weight bear.  I won’t be weight bearing at any point until consolidation.  I was very proud to have dressed myself today, shorts and a shirt.  It took 10 minutes but it finally worked.  I recommend bringing basketball or other loose shorts for the first few weeks.  Putting on pants is a lot harder.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2021, 04:26:14 AM »

Wanted to give another piece of knowledge to those undergoing surgery soon.  I read some reports that it is very painful to sit still in a chair for hours after surgery.  So far this has not been true for me, I’ve been in my wheelchair working on my laptop for the past 4 hours and I feel fine.  I start lengthening tomorrow so maybe that will change, but as of now I actually think sitting feels better than laying down.

My PTA was very nice, so far the exercises are easy but I’ve also been really independent so far (I’ve been dressing myself without help and have transferred to the bed to wheelchair like 10 times today).  Technically I don’t believe the PT people are technically part of Dr D’s office but the ones he sends to you are extremely nice and understanding.  Want to also emphasize again how amazingly responsive Dr D’s assistants are!  Teresa and Ronnie truly are there for you 24/7 and answered my questions at weird hours.  So far I am very pleased to have gone with Dr Debiparshad.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »

Wanted to give another piece of knowledge to those undergoing surgery soon.  I read some reports that it is very painful to sit still in a chair for hours after surgery.  So far this has not been true for me, I’ve been in my wheelchair working on my laptop for the past 4 hours and I feel fine.  I start lengthening tomorrow so maybe that will change, but as of now I actually think sitting feels better than laying down.

My PTA was very nice, so far the exercises are easy but I’ve also been really independent so far (I’ve been dressing myself without help and have transferred to the bed to wheelchair like 10 times today).  Technically I don’t believe the PT people are technically part of Dr D’s office but the ones he sends to you are extremely nice and understanding.  Want to also emphasize again how amazingly responsive Dr D’s assistants are!  Teresa and Ronnie truly are there for you 24/7 and answered my questions at weird hours.  So far I am very pleased to have gone with Dr Debiparshad.

Nice update, Brodie! Keep up the positivity and let the lengthening begin! 👍💪
171 cm (day height)

Worzezterlire

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »

Nice update, Brodie! Keep up the positivity and let the lengthening begin! 👍💪

One step ahead of you man!  Just lengthened the first 0.33mm in each leg a few minutes ago.  Honestly, I felt nothing during or afterwards.  I cleared a space in my hotel specifically for lengthening, and I made sure to keep my two legs far apart while lengthening.  Each leg takes a minute each, so at three sessions a day that comes to 6 minutes of lengthening per day.  You will get a lot of warnings not to be near metal when lengthening.  Believe me, this is a strong af magnet.  Before I even turned it on it had attached itself to my wheelchair and it took some effort to get it off.  Definitely keep your phones/laptops/wallets far far far away when doing this.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 05:17:27 AM »

Will post less until I start reaching milestones.  I finished the rest of the first millimeter today.  Lengthening itself does not hurt at all (in fact I could barely tell during) but afterwards it slowly gets more and more sore in the areas lengthened.  It feels just like growing pains!

2mm so far (1mm from initial osteotomy and 1mm today) and 78mm to go.

billsmafia

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 07:34:40 AM »

Excited for your journey! Best of luck. Are you doing this alone or do you have a support system?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 03:02:16 PM »

Excited for your journey! Best of luck. Are you doing this alone or do you have a support system?

Thanks!

I’m doing the first two weeks alone.  After that I’m staying with family but they are not fully aware of what procedure I’ve had done.

I’ve been extremely independent the first week on my own — dressing myself, taking pills, lengthening, going to the bathroom, etc.  I started with very strong legs and fairly strong arms so I can do transfers etc without help.  I still wish I had come into this even stronger.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 06:01:36 PM »

2mm down and about to do today’s first third.  If I can wake up.  I think beyond the narcotics, the lengthening is making my body spend a lot of energy.  I’m sleeping over 16 hours a day.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »

2mm down and about to do today’s first third.  If I can wake up.  I think beyond the narcotics, the lengthening is making my body spend a lot of energy.  I’m sleeping over 16 hours a day.
Congrats! Make sure you're eating plenty. Protein in all forms will do your muscles and bone good. Good luck man
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Worzezterlire

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 08:30:06 PM »

Congrats! Make sure you're eating plenty. Protein in all forms will do your muscles and bone good. Good luck man

Thanks  :). I have to admit I love your profile picture so much, it makes me laugh to think that Shrek is cheering me on hahahaha

Eating is so hard… I think the pain and opioids are causing me to be almost never hungry.  The only protein I can get down easily is protein shakes I’m ordering from local restaurants.  I try to eat some solid chicken or fish and I get exhausted even while chewing.  I’ll make an effort today to eat a solid meal.

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 11:06:52 PM »

Eating is so hard… I think the pain and opioids are causing me to be almost never hungry.  The only protein I can get down easily is protein shakes I’m ordering from local restaurants.  I try to eat some solid chicken or fish and I get exhausted even while chewing.  I’ll make an effort today to eat a solid meal.

I had trouble with food too, even at almost 4 weeks post-op. The typical protein shakes were too thick for me and I managed to find clear protein drinks on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B9DYMTX). I think they only have it in two flavors - peach and tropical punch. Tastes like flavored water and each bottle has like 20g of protein. These days Vegas is too hot, so I freeze them and drink them like slushies. Another alternative if you get sick of protein shakes :)

Worzezterlire

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 02:14:44 AM »

I had trouble with food too, even at almost 4 weeks post-op. The typical protein shakes were too thick for me and I managed to find clear protein drinks on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B9DYMTX). I think they only have it in two flavors - peach and tropical punch. Tastes like flavored water and each bottle has like 20g of protein. These days Vegas is too hot, so I freeze them and drink them like slushies. Another alternative if you get sick of protein shakes :)

Thank you so much 156, I ordered some of these to arrive to my home when I fly back, I might even order a small number for now in the meantime :)

I’ve been consistently lengthening and honestly there is no pain I get from during.  Afterwards I feel a little tightness.  But the big thing is that I just feel exhausted afterwards.  I’ve calculated it.  It’s 7:15pm (19:15 military time) in Las Vegas and I’ve slept 14 of those 19 hours so far today.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2021, 01:05:51 AM »

Sleeping as much as I have been is apparently NOT normal.  Ronnie suggested I cap my sleep at around 10 hours a day because that means I spend more time stretching and awake moving.  I’ve been stretching more and my PTA has said I’ve been doing really amazing.  I can use a wheelchair like a pro, I can do transfers easily, I can do 10 kicks per leg, and I can sleep with my hamstrings flat.  I have a feeling that I’m doing a bit above average in recovery.  But I’m also on the max amount of painkillers right now to do it.  I saw people in Dr D’s office who were entirely off painkillers after the first week.  I can’t imagine going off them anytime soon.  I’m in agony for the brief hour or two where the 12-hourly and 6-hourly and 8-hourly Valium are all wearing off at the same time.

70% of the day I am at pain level 1.
20% of the day I am at pain levels 2-4.
10% of the day I am at pain level 6+.  If I do a bad transfer and my knee spins and I almost fall (happened once) I briefly reached a pain level of 9.

My level of optimism is still a 10 though.  It’s never been painful enough for long enough that I’ve ever seriously regretted anything.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 04:09:09 AM »

I like your mindset about this surgery, it’s a long process and you will get through it!

V21

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 07:54:37 AM »

Is it easy for you to use the walker? I'm more or less your size, and I'm terrified about bending the nail because not shifting weight properly

Worzezterlire

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »

I like your mindset about this surgery, it’s a long process and you will get through it!

Thanks :) last night was rough though.  Like 6-7 pain all night.  I just hit 4mm (5mm overall) last night and then slowly my legs got worse and worse.  Even this morning they’re not the best even after morphine and the Percocet.  Ronnie says I can take a tiny bit of acetaminophen with it so let’s see how that goes.  I hope it’s just that I need to ice them more.

Is it easy for you to use the walker? I'm more or less your size, and I'm terrified about bending the nail because not shifting weight properly

Define easy :D my surgery was one week ago.  For PT in my hotel room I had to show that I could walk around on it with semi-normal steps, ten overall.  In the hospital I had to walk 40 feet down the hallway for them to consider me “fully ready”.  Despite that I don’t use the walker as much right now because I’m truly an expert at the wheelchair.  I plan when I go back home in a week to use the walker 50-100 steps a day.  I can give you a better idea then I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up