Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How long are your femurs relative to your torso?

femurs much longer than torso
femurs slightly longer than torso
femurs same length as torso
femurs slightly shorter than torso
femurs much shorter than torso

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survey: How long are your femurs relative to your torso?  (Read 3609 times)

Taller

Survey: How long are your femurs relative to your torso?
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »

Ever wonder how long your femurs are relative to your torso? If you are contemplating undergoing femur lengthening, then this is something that you should consider. Stand sideways in front of a mirror so that you see your body directly from the side. Make sure that you are standing up as straight as you comfortably can. Then, lift your knee up until your femur is perpendicular with your torso/spine. How much longer or shorter does it appear to be than your torso, not including your neck?

Please specify that you have already lengthened them if that is the case.

Personally, my femurs appear about 3 or 4CM shorter than my torso. If I lengthen them 7-8CM as I once planned to, they'll be noticeably longer. The height gain probably still outweighs the negative effects of the disproportion incurred, though. What are you all's proportions like in this regard?

Answer the poll to see what the proportions of other participants are like.

TRS

Re: Survey: How long are your femurs relative to your torso?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »

My femurs appear slightly shorter than my torso after lengthening them by 7.5cm.

Taller

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »

My femurs appear slightly shorter than my torso after lengthening them by 7.5cm.

Wow, good for you! You must have had pretty short femurs, relatively speaking, to start with, then. But I'm glad that LL gave you better proportions and alignment in addition to the awesome amount of height you gained!

• Proportionā˜¤Nazi
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 06:59:58 AM »

10cm+ longer torso, To be fair my tibias are a bit longer than my femurs. I have noticed that when i sit on a bench next to someone who is shorter or taller that all my height comes from my torso+tibias. Most people have shorter femurs compared to their torso's.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »

My femurs, tibia and body are all pretty much the same length, so 1/3 +1/3 +1/3 without my head. But i had tibia LL, although they were really really short before. Now my body looks really  good proportion wise.

But don't worry about proportions, there so many people who have very long femurs without LL, heck pretty much every women has long femurs. People come in all sizes, no one except you will notice something, unless you already have strange proportions.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 03:52:21 AM »

My Femurs are noticeably shorter than my torso. I didn't measure because its so obvious.
Pages: [1]   Go Up