Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the minimum gain you'd be satisfied with and what's your ideal goal?  (Read 11989 times)

Uppland

What's the shortest height you'd be able to live with?

Most of us will never be 188 or 190CM but that doesn't mean we can't be happy with ourselves. We all have a goal but some of us will have to cut that short when faced with consequences such as damage to our legs, weird proportions or lack of time and money. So what is the most realistic compromise you are willing to make?

And on a lighter note if all goes well what will it take for you to never think about height gain again, what is your deal goal?

Personally I aim to get about 7,5CM to make me 186CM at night because that is basically the height of my dad.

Ideally I'd like to get to 189 or 190CM because that is close enough to ideal that any further hassle to grow taller will be pointless.

Beardedguy

• Visitor

Totally agree with you. I guess we are in similar situations with me being 180cm and aiming to 188cm. Once I get it I will never think about height again bc is my goal and also 6'2 ist like the minimum to be considered too tall, you'll be over average in every country at that height.
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

goodlucktomylegs

For me best model is Hugh Jackman 188 cm with that fit body
Second Ideal that can be realistic is Jim Carrey and Obama 185 cm.

I'm asian morning time height=177.5  /  day time height around 176.5 and bed time height 175.5
let say I'm 176.5       
66kg
If i went under Paley or Guichet LL, I'd lengthen 6.5-8 cm.
that =  183 min and 184.5 max day time
It is also great number for Asian
Then i will wear lift for 6 cm  again
=189/190.5 is like asian Model

By the way Uppland 7.5 cm for both  femur and tibia or only one segment

• Proportion☤Nazi

I guess my minimum would be 183cm, It can be done easily with 5cm to my femurs, And i could get away with having a bit longer femurs since my tibia/femur ratio is almost 1:1, My wingspan will fit in good too but i don't consider 183cm to be idle. Unfortunately i can't aim for 188cm, Its not realistic. Although i would like to be 188-190cm, I think that i will settle for 185.5-186cm  (divided in two segments).
So minimum:183cm / maximum: 186cm / Idle: 188-190cm (not very realistic)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:43:12 PM by 680 »
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

goodlucktomylegs

You could go to that height your wingspan is so wide or you going to 183 and then eear lift 2.5 inches

• Proportion☤Nazi

You could go to that height your wingspan is so wide or you going to 183 and then eear lift 2.5 inches

Well, as you can see my sitting height is 94-95cm :/ I guess long limbs come in a package   :-X
I don't wear lifts and i don't plan to, Maybe if i decide to go for 8cm gain i would wear it around my family, So they don't notice the huge height gain. And the fact that they know about LL doesn't make it easier on me. They don't suspect a thing about me wanting it tho.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

Uppland

For me best model is Hugh Jackman 188 cm with that fit body
Second Ideal that can be realistic is Jim Carrey and Obama 185 cm.

I'm asian morning time height=177.5  /  day time height around 176.5 and bed time height 175.5
let say I'm 176.5       
66kg
If i went under Paley or Guichet LL, I'd lengthen 6.5-8 cm.
that =  183 min and 184.5 max day time
It is also great number for Asian
Then i will wear lift for 6 cm  again
=189/190.5 is like asian Model

By the way Uppland 7.5 cm for both  femur and tibia or only one segment

I think you should go for 185CM it is tall everywhere in asia and at worst you'll be average if you decide to study in the netherlands although you might feel short there if half of what I've heard is true.

I wouldn't do 7,5 in one segment no I'll do 4-5 and see how I feel and look. My biggest issue is my arms they'll look quite short at 186CM so I'm tempted (but very cautious) of doing that big leap with arm lenghtening + an extra ll surgery to be 188-189 or maybe even 190CM.

I haven't decided yet bu the most I'll do is 6+5 although that is unrealistic and will probably make my legs look a bit long but if I also lenghten my arms I think I could pull it off proportionally. However recovery, time and money is another story. I'm still thinking about it.

Uppland

I guess my minimum would be 183cm, It can be done easily with 5cm to my femurs, And i could get away with having a bit longer femurs since my tibia/femur ratio is almost 1:1, My wingspan will fit in good too but i don't consider 183cm to be idle. Unfortunately i can't aim for 188cm, Its not realistic. Although i would like to be 188-190cm, I think that i will settle for 185.5-186cm  (divided in two segments).
So minimum:183cm / maximum: 186cm / Idle: 188-190cm (not very realistic)

186CM is a respectable (if common) height where I live, remember it's only 4CM off 190 so I think there is a strong case to be made to settle for 186 instead of sacrificing looks and function just to get another 3-4CM we really don't need.

Ajax2thousand20

186CM is a respectable (if common) height where I live, remember it's only 4CM off 190 so I think there is a strong case to be made to settle for 186 instead of sacrificing looks and function just to get another 3-4CM we really don't need.

What country are you from?
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

ReadRothbard

Probably 5'11-5'11.5. It's a pretty neutral height, plus you can fool short chicks into thinking you're 6'2 hehe
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

Re: What's the minimum gain you'd be satisfied with and what's your ideal goal?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 05:20:53 AM »

What country are you from?

I'm Swedish.

Probably 5'11-5'11.5. It's a pretty neutral height, plus you can fool short chicks into thinking you're 6'2 hehe

Not so sure about that but 5'11 is definitely good enough -I'm assuming you're american/english/australian since you use the imperial system.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »

6'2" nuff said! But I'm probably gonna aim for 6'3"-6'4" to get my money's worth. I can't do male modeling after 6'3" but I may shave an inch if I become 6'3.5-6'4" since returns diminish after 6'2-6'3".
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

177-178cm as that is the average in my country, any more is a plus rather than a need.

Will definitely do arm lengthening as well for better proportion and because atm Im stuck between 2 sizes when buying long sleeve shirts lol
3-4 maybe 5cm arm lengthening, will see when the time comes, nothing too much

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »

177-178cm as that is the average in my country, any more is a plus rather than a need.

Will definitely do arm lengthening as well for better proportion and because atm Im stuck between 2 sizes when buying long sleeve shirts lol
3-4 maybe 5cm arm lengthening, will see when the time comes, nothing too much

be realistic, are you going to do arm lengthening? without being a dwarf?
maybe you do one segment and no more

ramujp17

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

my height is 163 cm and my aim is to get 167 cm so that i can full fill my dream of becoming a police officer, right now i have send mails and have booked appoinments with doctors in india and looking forward for the surgery, this forum has been very useful to me

current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

KrP1

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

my height is 163 cm and my aim is to get 167 cm so that i can full fill my dream of becoming a police officer, right now i have send mails and have booked appoinments with doctors in india and looking forward for the surgery, this forum has been very useful to me

why dont do 5cm?

ramujp17

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 03:28:42 PM »

i meant 168, i wanted 5cm

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:10 AM »

be realistic, are you going to do arm lengthening? without being a dwarf?
maybe you do one segment and no more

Yerh why not, considering its the easiest bone in your body to lengthen supposedly. Depends on which doctor you speak to so why not.
Should I have the necessary funds which I will eventually, I dont see why not, its no more dangerous than lengthening either the femurs or tibias, if anything its less risky.

So yes, definitely serious and I dont see how its unrealistic. Doing forearms would be unrealistic
And like I said it will help with other problems, not just proportions. For some it may seem pointless but thats the thing about cosmetic surgeries, if it makes you feel better its worth it  ;D

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 02:21:39 AM »

My good friend is 165cm and he is a police constable , theres no height requirements to become one. Im sure you already know that, but I guess the height neurosis is whats stopping you?

When do you plan on leaving for India if I may ask?

ramujp17

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »

i am from india brother, its just that the doctors in my state are not experts in CLL and all, all the patients who does ll goes to other states in india most goes to mumbai

KrP1

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »

Probably we will have long term problems for lengthen one segment. Doing your arms will let you probably more long term problems so does it worth when we arent dwarfs? We will have a very bad time when we get old.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »

No one here is a dwarf yet we all plan on breaking our legs and lengthen them, arms aren't any different really

There are people on here who are 180-185+ and plan on doing LL still. Ultimately it all comes down to the person, once I have a consultation and the doctor says its ok to do the humerus and assuming I have the money and time I'd do it. If the dr advices against it then its obvious I wont

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »

Which doctor do you plan to go to in India, lucky for you that you live in India so no Visa issues  >:(

Shor7Guy

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »

How much are you going to lengthen each Humerus?

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »

There seems to be no real consensus on humerus lenghtening. Some sources say less than 3-4CM is preferable and some report lenghtening up to 8-9CM without any problems at all. A 3CM gain doesn't sound like much but it will do wonders for your proportions if your arms are too short.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »

You will only need AL only if you you lengthen your legs more than 10 cm. That will take you more than 2 years. Do that first before you even consider it. 2 years is a long long time, way too long.

Stop dreaming around guys...

ramujp17

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »

dr.mangal parihar,

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 02:49:20 AM »

You will only need AL only if you you lengthen your legs more than 10 cm. That will take you more than 2 years. Do that first before you even consider it. 2 years is a long long time, way too long.

Stop dreaming around guys...

Which is the majority of people who do both tibias and femurs... Not everyone will do AL after 10cm or so, it all comes down to the person

But 3cm is the least amount I'd do or maybe 4cm, it will depend on proportions obviously. The less discrepancies the less lengthening. And yes it will take about 2 years or more to do both tibias and femurs and recover from it so AL is still a distant adventure but not an unrealistic one.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 05:15:04 AM »

You might be able to do it all in one year if you use internals (6 months internal tibias and 6 months internal femurs).
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »

I think it's very uncommon for people to do more than one surgery.

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 07:42:12 AM »

You might be able to do it all in one year if you use internals (6 months internal tibias and 6 months internal femurs).

If you lengthen 2cm then you might be able to do it in 1 year. But if you do around 10cm there is no chance to recover in less than 20 months.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up