Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021  (Read 24694 times)

houssamkarmouchi

• Visitor
Re: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »

Bro who your Colleagues feel about they're surgery. If they are also feel pain so the problem in the doctor, but they feel good so the problem depends on u ;)

Activatedxx

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »

Bro who your Colleagues feel about they're surgery. If they are also feel pain so the problem in the doctor, but they feel good so the problem depends on u ;)

This is such an idiotic comment, I too am in extreme discomfort and had brutal pain the first week
Who would feel good with metal pins going into their broken bones you idiot?
I am pushing through it but no one feels good here that comment makes my blood boil that you downplay the amount of suffering we are going through

I don’t blame anyone, I traded saving money for suffering, if I could go back I would have just payed the extra money for precice two

At the current moment all I care about is having a good outcome, I’ll take the pain day by day if it’s not in vain
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2021, 11:12:22 AM »

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Don't post here.

---
Update:

I spoke to a lot of other guys today at the hotel. It turns out we're going to experience a carrousel of pain. Some days will be easy, some days won't. Muscle pains one day, nerve pains another. Sometimes 0-1, sometimes 5-7. Some people experience a ton of nerve pain, some people experience 0 nerve pain. This is how the next month's going to be.

Knee ROM: Hasn't changed, 80* is the tense range. I can do 90* if I balance my body off the bed in my hands.
Mobility: Walking is easy. I can skip pretty quickly, but it's dangerous. Sitting on an elevated surface is easy, on a normal chair is really challenging. Also very uncomfortable.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2021, 01:45:26 PM »

Thursday - June 4. 20 days after surgery. Gain: +13mm

Yesterday was a good day. No pain at all, a little tight from bandage but that's 0.5/10.

Staff has been very responsive and helpful throughout the last few days. The carrousel of pain continues to spin, I had strange pain on my ankle last night - I put an ice pack on it and slept with it on. It helped a lot. Today's harder; right leg feels swollen, but otherwise everything is ok. In general, I feel like the team is really doing their best to take care of us.

Survival tips: Walk a lot, exercise is necessary for pain endorphins. Shower, especially your hair - it makes you feel like a real person again. Stay in touch with people.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Unknown

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2021, 06:49:46 AM »

Any videos of your walking that you can share?

Bagga

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2021, 07:52:09 AM »

so the team has changed their attitude to you?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »

The team is doing 100% their best. No regrets, they're awesome.
Getting my xray a day early.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2021, 09:16:38 PM »

Sunday - June 6. 203 days after surgery. Gain: +16.5mm

The doctor told me my healing is going really well, and I should push more than 1mm/day if pain permits. I am trying 1.25 now and it is fine.

The team is really responsive. The first two weeks were really hard but things are getting easier now. I'm still very early in my process so my gait is ok. I can't lift my leg to go up stairs very well, it's something I'm working with the physical therapists.

The team is doing their best, and it really shows; they've been responsive and active. If you're going to do this surgery, I'd recommend this team (live life taller). I would strongly recommend you do this accompanied by a friend or family member, it will help pass time and alleviate mental strain and woes. I'm lucky I can work from home so I am very distracted/focused on my work, and not my leg. Reach out to me if you are strongly considering this procedure in Turkey. I'm happy to guide you through my day-by-day.

I met with the doctor 20 minutes ago (past midnight here) while he was doing his rounds. Cheerful and helpful as always. Helped explain my 1st post-release xray.

---
Mornings and nights are definitely the most challenging moments of the day, but once you get through the first few hours it's not too bad. Also strongly follow their lengthening advice.

It's crazy to think that I'm already taller than I've ever been, and that I'll keep growing. This isn't easy, but the feat itself is also impossible. It's a tradeoff you have to make when you do this. I know the pain will go away, so I cannot say I regret it.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2021, 04:27:53 AM »

Sunday - June 6. 203 days after surgery. Gain: +16.5mm

The doctor told me my healing is going really well, and I should push more than 1mm/day if pain permits. I am trying 1.25 now and it is fine.

The team is really responsive. The first two weeks were really hard but things are getting easier now. I'm still very early in my process so my gait is ok. I can't lift my leg to go up stairs very well, it's something I'm working with the physical therapists.

The team is doing their best, and it really shows; they've been responsive and active. If you're going to do this surgery, I'd recommend this team (live life taller). I would strongly recommend you do this accompanied by a friend or family member, it will help pass time and alleviate mental strain and woes. I'm lucky I can work from home so I am very distracted/focused on my work, and not my leg. Reach out to me if you are strongly considering this procedure in Turkey. I'm happy to guide you through my day-by-day.

I met with the doctor 20 minutes ago (past midnight here) while he was doing his rounds. Cheerful and helpful as always. Helped explain my 1st post-release xray.

---
Mornings and nights are definitely the most challenging moments of the day, but once you get through the first few hours it's not too bad. Also strongly follow their lengthening advice.

It's crazy to think that I'm already taller than I've ever been, and that I'll keep growing. This isn't easy, but the feat itself is also impossible. It's a tradeoff you have to make when you do this. I know the pain will go away, so I cannot say I regret it.

Great looking X-ray, bone callus growth is really up there, probably from your diet like you said. I’ve been trying to drink milk and eat bone promoting foods too
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2021, 02:30:13 PM »

As promised, here are my first lengthening x-ray results: https://imgur.com/a/Qm2yLui

Like I said, the callouses are already building up, and super fast too. It's almost worrying because I need to crank the LON faster otherwise my bones will heal before I hit my goal.

The important thing for my soft tissue now is to stretch like crazy. I will try to do 2-4x a day, for 20-30 minute sessions. Otherwise my leg nerves will surely hurt.

Extremely important diet tips:
1. I am drinking a whey protein in the morning and casein protein shake at night. Both times with water and 1/4 cup of yogurt in the shake. They both help with the soft tissue stretching/working, and bone formation. Casein is a slow metabolizing protein that slowly fuels your system overnight (when you are not eating/nutrient deprived).
2. Eat a lot of meat. There's a ton of chicken here. Eat eat eat. Salmon is great too but a luxury (expensive) here.
3. Calcium supplements that are citrate based and contain some Vitamin D3. Citrate will help your body metabolize it easily, so no calcium is lost.
4. No smoking and drinking of course.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Growing

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2021, 04:16:05 AM »

Friday - May 21. 6 days after surgery

This also heavily reduces my stay in this 5th world country - .

Turkey is far from a 5th world country. I don't know who told you this.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2021, 07:24:35 AM »

Turkey is far from a 5th world country. I don't know who told you this.
That was a joke bro 🤣 Turkey is great.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

cam007

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2021, 07:28:00 AM »

As promised, here are my first lengthening x-ray results: https://imgur.com/a/Qm2yLui

Like I said, the callouses are already building up, and super fast too. It's almost worrying because I need to crank the LON faster otherwise my bones will heal before I hit my goal.

The important thing for my soft tissue now is to stretch like crazy. I will try to do 2-4x a day, for 20-30 minute sessions. Otherwise my leg nerves will surely hurt.

1. I am drinking a whey protein in the morning and casein protein shake at night. Both times with water and 1/4 cup of yogurt in the shake. They both help with the soft tissue stretching/working, and bone formation. Casein is a slow metabolizing protein that slowly fuels your system overnight (when you are not eating/nutrient deprived).
2. Eat a lot of meat. There's a ton of chicken here. Eat eat eat. Salmon is great too but a luxury (expensive) here.
3. Calcium supplements that are citrate based and contain some Vitamin D3. Citrate will help your body metabolize it easily, so no calcium is lost.

so you think this plus standing/walking is giving you great callous?   great to read , also confirms my theory of pushing self to be active and do exercise to stimulate. i love the fact that you dont give in to the psychos that tell you that you should just do the maximum just because the nail can do so.   just becuase they dont care about top recovery doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt. havent read a real diary like this in a long time.  ( there was a girl who did LATN in athens, but i cant find her  on here anymore)
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2021, 07:48:41 AM »

so you think this plus standing/walking is giving you great callous?

Walking and moving is critical because it forces blood flow via muscle stimulation. This is extremely important to prevent any nasty events too (clots). So when you have significant blood flow you also have significant nutrient delivery. They go hand in hand!
There are guys here who skimp out on the nutrients and still get good callouses. It only gets bad if you're very old, or aren't walking and eating like you should.

i love the fact that you dont give in to the psychos that tell you that you should just do the maximum just because the nail can do so.   just becuase they dont care about top recovery doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt. havent read a real diary like this in a long time.  ( there was a girl who did LATN in athens, but i cant find her  on here anymore)

Thanks man, this means a lot to me. Especially since I'm partially stuck in my own head these days :) If you have any specific questions about my experience or the procedure, feel free to PM me! Cheers
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

cam007

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2021, 08:50:32 AM »

Walking and moving is critical because it forces blood flow via muscle stimulation. This is extremely important to prevent any nasty events too (clots). So when you have significant blood flow you also have significant nutrient delivery. They go hand in hand!
There are guys here who skimp out on the nutrients and still get good callouses. It only gets bad if you're very old, or aren't walking and eating like you should.

Thanks man, this means a lot to me. Especially since I'm partially stuck in my own head these days :) If you have any specific questions about my experience or the procedure, feel free to PM me! Cheers

no doubt man.  i have enough for the externals.  ( tsf for full weight bearing for sure). trying to get the extra so i can do latn.   but will definitely shoot a pm to verify any of my research if i got any questions. 

thanks man!
175cm , goal 181cm

Bob

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2021, 02:29:48 PM »

Do you take any vitamins, and what do you drink milk, water, ...? 

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2021, 04:51:00 PM »

Do you take any vitamins, and what do you drink milk, water, ...? 

I'm doing exactly what I wrote here. I'm taking some basic calcium supplements I asked the nursing staff to pick up for me here in Istanbul. It's nothing special. No additional vitamins. Like I said, the staff is awesome and will help you however which way you need it. Just eat a lot of good, whole food.

Drink a lot of water.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

cam007

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2021, 02:47:30 AM »

I'm doing exactly what I wrote here. I'm taking some basic calcium supplements I asked the nursing staff to pick up for me here in Istanbul. It's nothing special. No additional vitamins. Like I said, the staff is awesome and will help you however which way you need it. Just eat a lot of good, whole food.

Drink a lot of water.

whats your take on smart water/ electrolyte water?
as an athelete, im thinking that could help recovery.  did you test theory or is it just regular water + vit
175cm , goal 181cm

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2021, 08:47:36 AM »

whats your take on smart water/ electrolyte water?
as an athelete, im thinking that could help recovery.  did you test theory or is it just regular water + vit

Hey man, don't overdo this.

Eat plenty natural, whole foods. That's enough to set your body in a solid path to recovery. Vitamins, exercise, and supplements will ensure your bones heal with no problems. Anything extra won't help. Just let your body do the rest.  Believe it or not this is not very complicated. Your body is an insane machine capable of crazy things.

Also:
I don't mean to praise Buldu's success in every post, but there's this one maniac here who achieved 8.5cm on femurs in about 58ish days. Towards the end of his lengthening process he was lengthening at 1.75mm/day with no problem, no nerve issues, and bone consolidation at a very fast rate. As a matter of fact I believe the doctor encouraged him to do so because his bones were consolidating too quickly. I have no idea how he did it, but he did. The guy is made out of steel I guess. Next week he's going to do his Tibias. Not sure what his diet strategy is.

Some people have no issues/pain with this - unfortunately I'm not one of them  ??? But yeah everybody is different.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Unknown

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »

Any pictures or vids about your current status? Would help us to understand better

cam007

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2021, 12:14:07 PM »

Hey man, don't overdo this.

Eat plenty natural, whole foods. That's enough to set your body in a solid path to recovery. Vitamins, exercise, and supplements will ensure your bones heal with no problems. Anything extra won't help. Just let your body do the rest.  Believe it or not this is not very complicated. Your body is an insane machine capable of crazy things.

Also:
I don't mean to praise Buldu's success in every post, but there's this one maniac here who achieved 8.5cm on femurs in about 58ish days. Towards the end of his lengthening process he was lengthening at 1.75mm/day with no problem, no nerve issues, and bone consolidation at a very fast rate. As a matter of fact I believe the doctor encouraged him to do so because his bones were consolidating too quickly. I have no idea how he did it, but he did. The guy is made out of steel I guess. Next week he's going to do his Tibias. Not sure what his diet strategy is.

Some people have no issues/pain with this - unfortunately I'm not one of them  ??? But yeah everybody is different.

haha yea i plan to.  just trying to keep as much atheletic ability as i can.  i remember a few football players who broke their legs. so i started seeing what they took to get back on the field, and wanted to copy them lol.

that 1.75mm is definitely crazy, becuase no matter what, all studies show nerves can stretch to accomodate 1mm a day max no matter what without any real complications.  even if we have to  lengthen a little more to beat preconsolidation, all studies showed 1.25mm max . lol people really be going the extreme with stuff , but hey their body right!

but anyway, hope you get back to recovering smoothly. im guessing alot of stretches for the itband and just taking it a day at a time is the plan.
175cm , goal 181cm

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2021, 07:50:01 AM »

Saturday June 12 - 28 days since surgery - ~25±2mm gained

In spite of keeping a well-detailed excel sheet of my progress and release time, I'm not sure exactly how much I've gained. I'm definitely half-way done, about 20 days left at the rate of 1.25mm. If I feel ballsy or dissatisfied I'll push for another cm but not at the cost of discomfort or complications. I pulled out the pants I wore to Turkey and I've definitely grew out of them; they go up a good inch past my ankles. I'm really happy to see this. Can't wait to see how poorly they fit when I put them on.

I measured myself on Wednesday and I was around 173.6, and again on Friday I was about 174cm. As awesome as this sounds, there's definitely a margin of error in the instrument and my ability to read the measurement correctly. Either way, 174 is definitely greater than 171. That's a win.

Staff has been great and responsive. I sincerely look forward to all my physical therapy sessions with the in house (and private) everyday. They both do an excellent job of helping me stretch into my new legs and relieve muscle pain/tightness. If you do this procedure in Istanbul, please get the package. You'll need the support you get from the physical therapist who has been trained and has had practice with healing patients through this process. A regular physical therapist runs the risk of hurting you by accident, which can set you back a month (or more). I still recommend both, but having the team nearby for PT, doctor support, and bandage changes really really make this procedure a lot safer and smoother. I can't imagine doing this at home.

Knee bending is still hard for me, but now I can bend ~110* when really really forcing myself (tight quads), or about 100 tense. Bending 90* is no problem.

As the days go by, my regret definitely diminishes. Next X-ray in less than 2 weeks. 20 days of lengthening to go.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

dexter1930

« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2021, 10:12:32 AM »

wil you do another segment for tibias?

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »

IMO shoot for at least 7 cms. You've come a long way. This is a type of surgery that you get the opportunity to do it very rarely. Make it worth it man. Rooting for you!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2021, 12:47:54 PM »

IMO shoot for at least 7 cms. You've come a long way.
I appreciate your good words, but don't say this. It sounds very sad/desperate, and you also have no idea what I'm going through on a daily basis here. This process is very difficult and I'm shooting for a safe and fast recovery. Read the diary.

wil you do another segment for tibias?
Again, none of you read before posting.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

cam007

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2021, 03:14:47 AM »

I appreciate your good words, but don't say this. It sounds very sad/desperate, and you also have no idea what I'm going through on a daily basis here. This process is very difficult and I'm shooting for a safe and fast recovery. Read the diary.
Again, none of you read before posting.

++++  that virtual cheerleading stuff is annoying.  they make it seem like the goal is only to MAX out the nail just because the nail can do that.   when the goal should be your safety, how you feel physically/mentally  and also not looking like a freaking alien imho lol.

question -  do you have a big appetite,  or are you forcing yourself to eat to get all the large calories needed to recover.
175cm , goal 181cm

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »

At first I was eating a lot, like 4 takeout meals a day. Now I do 2-3 with dessert.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

cam007

« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2021, 09:36:37 PM »

At first I was eating a lot, like 4 takeout meals a day. Now I do 2-3 with dessert.

nice. i guess eating alot may get tiring lol.   youre a month in i believe.  hows it feel being being 5'8 now lol.
175cm , goal 181cm

Will955

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2021, 11:43:12 PM »

I read through your whole diary. Very inspiring. Keep fighting, mate!

What was the total cost of the surgery package, if I may ask?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2021, 06:36:01 AM »

nice. i guess eating alot may get tiring lol.   youre a month in i believe.  hows it feel being being 5'8 now lol.
I measured myself twice at 175ish cm in the last few days. I'll take my 5'9" lol. It feels good, I can tell my tailored pants dont fit me well anymore. At ~+3cm my leg muscles are very, very tired.

I read through your whole diary. Very inspiring. Keep fighting, mate!

What was the total cost of the surgery package, if I may ask?
20k Euros
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

more

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2021, 07:57:08 AM »

How is your knee RANGE OF MOTION?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up