Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021  (Read 24703 times)

Fiveandsomething

Re: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »

Man took so long to get verified. I am getting discharged as we speak. Looking forward to meeting you and ActivatedXxx I think we’re all from the US and I have been keeping a close eye on both of your diaries.

Meh.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2021, 10:14:58 AM »

Man took so long to get verified. I am getting discharged as we speak. Looking forward to meeting you and ActivatedXxx I think we’re all from the US and I have been keeping a close eye on both of your diaries.
Awesome, congrats on your surgery man!! How're you feeling?

Yeah I'm from the US. If you're who I think you are, Activated is also from Texas. I might have seen you on the whatapp stories
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2021, 10:18:46 AM »

How is your knee RANGE OF MOTION?
I've never been super flexible - let's begin there. Like, I couldn't completely fold onto my legs if I sat on my shins.

With that said, I can easily do 90* now. I struggle to do +100*. I could be improving more but I had a debilitating pinsite infection the last few days. Was hard to move without 8/10 pain spikes.

Also I notice how much longer/thinner my legs are when I sit on the toilet. It's weird man! Anyways tomorrow I will be about 60% done with my journey to 5cm. I won't lie, I fantasize about 4cm a  lot because I really want these fixaters gone.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2021, 10:37:40 AM »

Thanks man. I found it strange how I kept telling my friend that I’d never felt so defeated in my life and upon reading your diary you used the same lingo. I’m feeling optimistic just at the fact that I’m leaving the damn hospital. It’s like a phase is over with.

Yeah I am from Texas..that’s good to hear man we can swap some stories and confirm our craziness cos God knows I had never been in so much pain I my life. Looking forward to meeting you both. Are you both at the hotel? BOF suites I think
Meh.

more

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »

I've never been super flexible -

I am wondering what kind of athlete You were ? athlete are more flexible than the others and you are just 30.
Why the most Dr. Baldu's patients having pin site infection? is there any hygiene problem ?

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »

Thanks man. I found it strange how I kept telling my friend that I’d never felt so defeated in my life and upon reading your diary you used the same lingo. I’m feeling optimistic just at the fact that I’m leaving the damn hospital. It’s like a phase is over with.

Yeah I am from Texas..that’s good to hear man we can swap some stories and confirm our craziness cos God knows I had never been in so much pain I my life. Looking forward to meeting you both. Are you both at the hotel? BOF suites I think

@FIVEANDSOMETHING

Congratulations surgery done!

Which method LON or Precise?

All the best

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2021, 11:27:58 AM »

@FIVEANDSOMETHING

Congratulations surgery done!

Which method LON or Precise?

All the best

Thanks. I did LON . BIG ooof there
Meh.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »

I am wondering what kind of athlete You were ? athlete are more flexible than the others and you are just 30.
Why the most Dr. Baldu's patients having pin site infection? is there any hygiene problem ?

Pinsite infections are rather common. The weather is also muggy/humid, so it's not great for bacterial transmission. Also hotel staff are d*ckheads. Not the team - the hotel; they wont change my f*cking bedsheets. I don't know what their problem is.

I bet you feel pretty f*cking dumb now hahaha. Don't worry, you'll be happy you did it in 3 weeks. I'm in my 4th week and I'm finally feeling good about the process - I had a lot of regret but they've all dissipated. I'm really happy to have left the life I was living behind. After I'm done here, the ball's entirely in my court - I won't have my height to blame for my shortcomings, social or interpersonal or whatever. No lie, I feel physically crippled right now for some very obvious reasons, but inside I feel pretty unstoppable. 

The first two weeks will brutal man, hang in there. Week two you'll get the clicking pains, but they only last 2-4 days/leg. The pain literally halves per day. Just a warning, cause it's the next challenge you'll be facing. It's the real price we pay for doing the impossible.

Try your best at getting up and moving round. Eat a ton of protein and yogurt - avoid milk! I don't know what the deal is but it made one of my infections worse a long time ago. I've also been warned by the guys here to avoid the milk. I don't know - I guess it's not as cleanly processed as it is in the states. Moving and eating rocks for your bone healing - especially since you're gonna want to do more than 1mm/day. Unless I guess you love Turkey lol.

Anyways I'll PM you my number. Catch you soon man.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2021, 12:49:14 PM »

edited/deleted
Meh.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:58 PM »

I bet you feel pretty f*cking dumb now hahaha. Don't worry, you'll be happy you did it in 3 weeks. I'm in my 4th week and I'm finally feeling good about the process - I had a lot of regret but they've all dissipated. I'm really happy to have left the life I was living behind. After I'm done here, the ball's entirely in my court - I won't have my height to blame for my shortcomings, social or interpersonal or whatever. No lie, I feel physically crippled right now for some very obvious reasons, but inside I feel pretty unstoppable. 

The first two weeks will brutal man, hang in there. Week two you'll get the clicking pains, but they only last 2-4 days/leg. The pain literally halves per day. Just a warning, cause it's the next challenge you'll be facing. It's the real price we pay for doing the impossible.

Try your best at getting up and moving round. Eat a ton of protein and yogurt - avoid milk! I don't know what the deal is but it made one of my infections worse a long time ago. I've also been warned by the guys here to avoid the milk. I don't know - I guess it's not as cleanly processed as it is in the states. Moving and eating rocks for your bone healing - especially since you're gonna want to do more than 1mm/day. Unless I guess you love Turkey lol.

LMAOO I just painfully laughed man. I definitely was blaming my bestfriend for not talking me out of it lol I can’t imagine a worser pain Jesus Christ. I’m looking forward to talking to ya so hurry and send that number. I’m already here at the hotel. I know it’s going to be tough man and you really hit the nail on the head with that statement you made. To anyone reading this, if just the Pain you go through for this extra 3 inches doesn’t cure your insecurities, I don’t think anything will quite frankly. I think of people who went through the surgery twice and God bless their heart, nothing against them but I don’t believe that I am mentally strong to put myself through this a second time. Hell if it were up to me I’d have this stuff removed and be on the way back to the states on the next flight out but gotta SEE IT THROUGH. That’s a poem I read as well. That and some motivational songs..speeches by Eric Thomas about how pain is temporary but the reward is permanent.

I am happy for you man. I have so much more to say but we’ll have to keep that through personal messages. Again looking forward to meeting you as well and everyone else quite frankly, cos I know this is not a easy process and anyone who opts  to go this route definitely had insecurities that I hope gets better following this.
Meh.

more

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2021, 04:42:30 PM »

Pinsite infections are rather common. The weather is also muggy/humid, so it's not great for bacterial transmission. Also hotel staff are d*ckheads. Not the team - the hotel; they wont change my f*cking bedsheets. I don't know what their problem is.

Lol dont you have Air-conditioned rooms ? and facility? This is very bad if you dont have

more

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2021, 04:48:19 PM »

Humidity can be controlled by Air-con

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »

Humidity can be controlled by Air-con

It’s in Turkish. And the rooms could definitely be disability Friendly. Man I’ve never missed the US so much and i still have 80 days at least ...

Ughhh lol
Meh.

Activatedxx

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2021, 05:23:00 PM »

It’s in Turkish. And the rooms could definitely be disability Friendly. Man I’ve never missed the US so much and i still have 80 days at least ...

Ughhh lol

It feels like forever ago, but once you hit day 35ish you don’t feel that bad about motivation because you are close to 7.5/3’
Just make sure you don’t get pinsite infections like us, they suck, don’t touch or massage around your pinsite when it’s sore, I think that’s what caused it for me
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

cam007

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »

I measured myself twice at 175ish cm in the last few days. I'll take my 5'9" lol. It feels good, I can tell my tailored pants dont fit me well anymore. At ~+3cm my leg muscles are very, very tired.
20k Euros

haha already 5'9, so you'll be 5'10 and im assuming youll wear an inch lift and claim 6ft lol.  pretty nice man. lol
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

Unknown

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2021, 06:17:57 AM »

Could you post some images or Xrays to show your progress? Havent see anything after these pages of diary. Thanks

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »

Could you post some images or Xrays to show your progress? Havent see anything after these pages of diary. Thanks

I've posted my initial xrays and my pre-surgery mugshot. The only thing worse than a short man, is a dumb short man.

haha already 5'9, so you'll be 5'10 and im assuming youll wear an inch lift and claim 6ft lol.  pretty nice man. lol

I can't wait to have this   off my my guy. Two weeks to go. This is rough but today was actually really easy compared to this weekend, no kidding
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:20:58 PM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Unknown

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2021, 02:27:12 PM »

I've posted my initial xrays and my pre-surgery mugshot. The only thing worse than a short man, is a dumb short man.

Your hostile response is uncalled for. Seems like you have issues besides your height. I was asking for motion pictures if any. No need to get so agitated over it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 03:03:52 PM by Jason125 »

Unknown

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »

Really dont mean any offence, I was just trying to understand more about the experiences in pictures and videos. Your diary is very inspiring.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2021, 04:10:15 PM »

Your hostile response is uncalled for. Seems like you have issues besides your height. I was asking for motion pictures if any. No need to get so agitated over it.
Bro I’m sorry about the harshness. Put it this way, if you knew how many people log on to ask the same question and for stuff that is already there, you’d be tired of it too. You asked for X-rays and pictures.

I don’t have videos because I’m either busy with physical therapy, work, or rest/recovering because moving for extended period of times isn’t easy. I reserve my active moments got hanging out with other people, which is 10-30 minutes a day. I’ll get some when I have my fixaters removed because this thing makes life really hard, physically and emotionally man.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Unknown

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2021, 04:43:07 PM »

Bro I’m sorry about the harshness. Put it this way, if you knew how many people log on to ask the same question and for stuff that is already there, you’d be tired of it too. You asked for X-rays and pictures.

I don’t have videos because I’m either busy with physical therapy, work, or rest/recovering because moving for extended period of times isn’t easy. I reserve my active moments got hanging out with other people, which is 10-30 minutes a day. I’ll get some when I have my fixaters removed because this thing makes life really hard, physically and emotionally man.

No worries, it's cool!  ;D ! You may not notice but some people look at your diary and see a glimmer of hope of what they could be. Keep working hard, your doing great!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2021, 05:09:52 PM »

No worries, it's cool!  ;D ! You may not notice but some people look at your diary and see a glimmer of hope of what they could be. Keep working hard, your doing great!
Thanks man, you’re remarkably nice man and I’m sorry for spiting vitriol like that. I hope you get what you need out of this, minus the pain. I’m sure if you did this you’d be in wayyyy better spirits than I am, and it’s important to stay in a good mood. I wish I had that. Pain really sours me.

Here are some updates - an emergency X-ray and knee bending performance: https://imgur.com/a/gxV9Vqb

I can probably bend a little better than that since this was this past weekend but not by much.
I needed the emergency X-ray because I had a very noticeable length difference. It turns out it’s a mere 3mm disparity I am resolving now (1.5mm on my left, 1 on my right/day, for 6 days). Hopefully I can bang this out without too much issues. It I’m already feeling the nerves tingling like mad when I hit the 1.5mm at night. Oof.

Today was a good day in terms of pain. This past weekend was brutal. 16 more days to go.

LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2021, 06:12:41 PM »

Really dont mean any offence, I was just trying to understand more about the experiences in pictures and videos. Your diary is very inspiring.

I’ll tell you this man,whatever your expectation is in regards to pain tolerance, go ahead and toss that out and come here in a blank slate. I’m sure he didn’t mean any offense by his response and you handled it well. The pain will be the most pain you have ever felt in your life man, physically and emotionally. But if you’re strong minded you will be able to tolerate it(you kinda have no choice lol) I’m possibly going to post my journey here once I leave cos mines is very detailed with experiences ...and well I don’t wanna offend anyone while I’m currently helpless. BUT whatever your expectation is put it away. Also I don’t know what country you’re coming from but if it’s the US ...Do Not Expect this to be anything like what you’re used to back at home at all.

When are you planning to head this way? I’ll be here till late august, early September
Meh.

cam007

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »

I can't wait to have this   off my my guy. Two weeks to go. This is rough but today was actually really easy compared to this weekend, no kidding

im paying close attention becuase i want to do tibia. i actually wanted to do LATN  in greece. but with some unexpected costs i had to spend and him raising prices 6K euros this year, i wont have enough. and now thinking heavily about doing it in turkey.  but not going to lie, turkey sounds scary to go to haha. vs Greece that is in european union and doesn't need visa and follows european medical code which is similiar to usa and canada.
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2021, 07:55:20 AM »

Small update.
Sunday June 20 - 37 days since surgery - ~35±1mm gained

Pain: none in the last 4-5 days. Like 1-2 small spikes on my knees and pinsites but generally none. I take 1 novalgin a day (usually at night to make sure I sleep soundlessly). Infection pains are a nightmare so I try to stay super hygenic.

Knee bending: https://imgur.com/a/HTsEmmg - 1st pic is near-max rom with strain. 2nd pic is slightly uncomfortable. 90*s is normal now.

I’m beginning to realize my limited rom is 1000% my fault; after watching the latest Cyborg4Life interview I really accepted that I haven’t been stretching at all. Like 10-20 mins a day is hardly enough. The doctor recommends 3-4 hours minimum and I’ve been seriously slacking.

I’ve updated my stretching exercises accordingly: hold the stretch for 12-16 seconds, rest for 2-3 seconds, repeat 10 times with increasing force (try harder). It gets almost painfully tense, but that's the only way to really improve. This is 1 set; repeat 3-4 times with 1-2 mins resting between sets. This helped my knee ROM quite a bit in just two days (+5-10 degrees - compare new pic to old ones). This also helps a  f*ck ton with knee stiffness pain.

I will stop in about 12-13 days when I reach 50mm. Extremely looking forward to stop lengthening and getting these leg-cuffs removed; these will greatly help my recovery. I have also made the executive decision to get my nails removed in the US. PM me if you have any questions as always.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:47:18 AM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2021, 01:04:17 PM »

Small update.
Sunday June 20 - 37 days since surgery - ~35±1mm gained

Pain: none in the last 4-5 days. Like 1-2 small spikes on my knees and pinsites but generally none. I take 1 novalgin a day (usually at night to make sure I sleep soundlessly). Infection pains are a nightmare so I try to stay super hygenic.

Knee bending: https://imgur.com/a/HTsEmmg - 1st pic is near-max rom with strain. 2nd pic is slightly uncomfortable. 90*s is normal now.

I’m beginning to realize my limited rom is 1000% my fault; after watching the latest Cyborg4Life interview I really accepted that I haven’t been stretching at all. Like 10-20 mins a day is hardly enough. The doctor recommends 3-4 hours minimum and I’ve been seriously slacking.

I’ve updated my stretching exercises accordingly: hold the stretch for 12-16 seconds, rest for 2-3 seconds, repeat 10 times with increasing force (try harder). It gets almost painfully tense, but that's the only way to really improve. This is 1 set; repeat 3-4 times with 1-2 mins resting between sets. This helped my knee ROM quite a bit in just two days (+5-10 degrees - compare new pic to old ones). This also helps a  f*ck ton with knee stiffness pain.

I will stop in about 12-13 days when I reach 50mm. Extremely looking forward to stop lengthening and getting these leg-cuffs removed; these will greatly help my recovery. I have also made the executive decision to get my nails removed in the US. PM me if you have any questions as always.

Congrats PerfectBody. Do you have wide legs? Did Buldu happen to do an ITB release for you? It would've improved your knee ROM significantly.

Thanks
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »

Congrats PerfectBody. Do you have wide legs? Did Buldu happen to do an ITB release for you? It would've improved your knee ROM significantly.

Thanks

No wide legs. IDK about ITB release - I think he does. My knees always had issues. Exercising and stretching religiously helps. But once you start lengthening you start losing ROM no matter what - you need to stretch to keep whatever you can.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2021, 03:40:55 PM »

Hey man,glad to know you're better now,would you recommend LON on femurs if you had to do it again or would you go for precise instead ? Now that stryde has been recalled and might not be available for a year or two,i'm considering all possibilities,i'm really curious about precise as there is no way it could bear even half my weight and comparing to LON femurs it seems like LON might offer a better recovery in the short term,not really sure about it

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2021, 07:34:29 AM »

Hey man,glad to know you're better now,would you recommend LON on femurs if you had to do it again or would you go for precise instead ? Now that stryde has been recalled and might not be available for a year or two,i'm considering all possibilities,i'm really curious about precise as there is no way it could bear even half my weight and comparing to LON femurs it seems like LON might offer a better recovery in the short term,not really sure about it
I cannot do precise, I weigh 175lb. If you have nothing planned for 1 year into your future, go do precise. Otherwise if you want to try getting back to life in 3-5 months, do LON. LON is very brutal and painful for people with a lot of muscles. If you are weak and have no muscles (Cannot squat more than 135-155lbs x12) then LON maybe won't hurt as much. 
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »

We weight the same,yea,precise is no option,i can't afford to stay a bed during a year,i don't have muscular legs but they are fit,i mostly do biking and i try to stretch to be more flexible,have you met some patients there who are in consolidation phase ? What's your goal ? 8cm ?

Zermatt

• Visitor
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2021, 09:45:09 PM »

After lengthening is complete, how long do you need to wait to remove the external fixator?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up