Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021  (Read 24687 times)

Apollo676

Re: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »

We weight the same,yea,precise is no option,i can't afford to stay a bed during a year,i don't have muscular legs but they are fit,i mostly do biking and i try to stretch to be more flexible,have you met some patients there who are in consolidation phase ? What's your goal ? 8cm ?

Zermatt

• Visitor
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2021, 09:45:09 PM »

After lengthening is complete, how long do you need to wait to remove the external fixator?

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2021, 06:47:41 AM »

Hey man,glad to know you're better now,would you recommend LON on femurs if you had to do it again or would you go for precise instead ? Now that stryde has been recalled and might not be available for a year or two,i'm considering all possibilities,i'm really curious about precise as there is no way it could bear even half my weight and comparing to LON femurs it seems like LON might offer a better recovery in the short term,not really sure about it

If you can afford anything else do it. I personally would never recommend LON. That sh**T is painful AF but if you should then go Tibias. Femurs are so limiting you have no idea. Also Negotiate.
Meh.

Apollo676

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2021, 07:23:50 AM »

The only alternative i have is precise,which will keep me walking with a walker at best for almost a year,so the dilemna is quite big here,suffer with LON for 3 months and basically be with a stryde-like nail after that and be able to walk on my own 3-4 months after op,as stryde is not planning to come back anytime soon i'm gonna have to decide,but i can't afford be in bed for a full year basically
What do you mean about negotiate ? For the suffering,i'm pretty sure LON is quite a torture comparing to internals,but hey breaking your legs anyway will hurt as fk in the end.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2021, 07:54:42 AM »

What do you mean about negotiate ? For the suffering,i'm pretty sure LON is quite a torture comparing to internals, but hey breaking your legs anyway will hurt as fk in the end.
It is torturous but it’s the price you pay to get taller. Don’t be a pussy after you break your legs; the worst thing than a short man is a stupid short man who didnt realize this is going to be the most painful experience you'll ever have. And it is. But you man up and get used to the daily pain. 

Take this extremely serious like your life depends on it: stretch, follow instructions, and eat. This will help you 50% of the way. The other 50% is pain killers and patience. It’s not easy. But for me, being short was worse. I'm trading physical pain for existential pain.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:38:09 AM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

chasing_higher_dream

• Life is what you make it
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »

Small update.
Sunday June 20 - 37 days since surgery - ~35±1mm gained

Pain: none in the last 4-5 days. Like 1-2 small spikes on my knees and pinsites but generally none. I take 1 novalgin a day (usually at night to make sure I sleep soundlessly). Infection pains are a nightmare so I try to stay super hygenic.

Knee bending: https://imgur.com/a/HTsEmmg - 1st pic is near-max rom with strain. 2nd pic is slightly uncomfortable. 90*s is normal now.

I’m beginning to realize my limited rom is 1000% my fault; after watching the latest Cyborg4Life interview I really accepted that I haven’t been stretching at all. Like 10-20 mins a day is hardly enough. The doctor recommends 3-4 hours minimum and I’ve been seriously slacking.

I’ve updated my stretching exercises accordingly: hold the stretch for 12-16 seconds, rest for 2-3 seconds, repeat 10 times with increasing force (try harder). It gets almost painfully tense, but that's the only way to really improve. This is 1 set; repeat 3-4 times with 1-2 mins resting between sets. This helped my knee ROM quite a bit in just two days (+5-10 degrees - compare new pic to old ones). This also helps a  f*ck ton with knee stiffness pain.

I will stop in about 12-13 days when I reach 50mm. Extremely looking forward to stop lengthening and getting these leg-cuffs removed; these will greatly help my recovery. I have also made the executive decision to get my nails removed in the US. PM me if you have any questions as always.

I am glad that the pain level is now less for you.
Regarding, the holding of stretch for 12-16 seconds, my physiotherapist said to hold the stretch for atleast 30 seconds, preferably 1 minute, with 3 repetitions. This is the minimum required time for the muscle to stretch and elongate.
I wish you the best of luck in the further process.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - May 2021
Height (night):  170 cm --> 178 cm
Wingspan: 174 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66215.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »

I am glad that the pain level is now less for you.
Regarding, the holding of stretch for 12-16 seconds, my physiotherapist said to hold the stretch for atleast 30 seconds, preferably 1 minute, with 3 repetitions. This is the minimum required time for the muscle to stretch and elongate.
I wish you the best of luck in the further process.

Hey man thank you for the advice - I'll give it a try!! 👍
I think both methods get >90 seconds, but holding it for 30 whole seconds sounds like a real challenge.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2021, 06:50:44 PM »

It is torturous but it’s the price you pay to get taller. Don’t be a pussy after you break your legs; the worst thing than a short man is a stupid short man who didnt realize this is going to be the most painful experience you'll ever have. And it is. But you man up and get used to the daily pain. 

Take this extremely serious like your life depends on it: stretch, follow instructions, and eat. This will help you 50% of the way. The other 50% is pain killers and patience. It’s not easy. But for me, being short was worse. I'm trading physical pain for existential pain.

Hey absolutely that's what i meant,precise,or lon you break your legs at the end of the day,pain is here for sure,i was really going to wait for stryde to be extra safe,but i just can't afford being crippled for a year almost,LON is stryde with externals fixators and a hell of a post-op reality for sure,but hey,if it only last 3 months...
Did you met with other patients ? I wonder how well Buldu's patients recover after several months post op

Activatedxx

« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

Hey absolutely that's what i meant,precise,or lon you break your legs at the end of the day,pain is here for sure,i was really going to wait for stryde to be extra safe,but i just can't afford being crippled for a year almost,LON is stryde with externals fixators and a hell of a post-op reality for sure,but hey,if it only last 3 months...
Did you met with other patients ? I wonder how well Buldu's patients recover after several months post op

You have the wrong idea, the fixators are a torture contraption. Between pinsite infection and knee/hip pains and not being able to sleep comfortably the whole duration etc, it’s a nightmare. You will want to quit by your 2-3 week post op. Every day is a struggle to keep going for me
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Apollo676

« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2021, 07:16:22 PM »

You have the wrong idea, the fixators are a torture contraption. Between pinsite infection and knee/hip pains and not being able to sleep comfortably the whole duration etc, it’s a nightmare. You will want to quit by your 2-3 week post op. Every day is a struggle to keep going for me

I'm not saying it's easy man,i'm just considering all the options here,what would you trade ? LON as you are doing now,or precise for at least twice the duration and a lesser recovery ? Imagine not being able to walk with confidence for almost a year,with LON even though i really understand that pain and comfort are  ,you'll be able to walk and consolidate properly in less than 3 months,that's worth considering

Activatedxx

« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »

I'm not saying it's easy man,i'm just considering all the options here,what would you trade ? LON as you are doing now,or precise for at least twice the duration and a lesser recovery ? Imagine not being able to walk with confidence for almost a year,with LON even though i really understand that pain and comfort are  ,you'll be able to walk and consolidate properly in less than 3 months,that's worth considering

If I weighed 200 pounds I still would have went with precice, my personal opinion however

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »

I would not do precise; I’m too heavy and I want to return to normal life as fast as possible. It’s a trade off you need to make.

I am only doing 5cm so I will be pretty ok in 2-3 months, I hope. This is way better than one whole year.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »

If I weighed 200 pounds I still would have went with precice, my personal opinion however

I'm going through your journal again man,really sorry for your complication,i hope you're better now that you have your family around to support you,although tbh if it was me,i would have stayed near the doctor with all the assistants,if i go with Buldu i'm probably going to take his package to be taking care off from day one,i'll keep following your progress,wish you nothing but the best man

Activatedxx

« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2021, 08:05:41 PM »

I'm going through your journal again man,really sorry for your complication,i hope you're better now that you have your family around to support you,although tbh if it was me,i would have stayed near the doctor with all the assistants,if i go with Buldu i'm probably going to take his package to be taking care off from day one,i'll keep following your progress,wish you nothing but the best man

I appreciate it, i feel that I’m far better off where I am however

Apollo676

« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2021, 08:06:59 PM »

I would not do precise; I’m too heavy and I want to return to normal life as fast as possible. It’s a trade off you need to make.

I am only doing 5cm so I will be pretty ok in 2-3 months, I hope. This is way better than one whole year.

Yes,i agree,i'm really leaning more towards LON right now,i have   mobility,uncomfortability,but for only 3 months,and after that being able to weight bear and have significantly better recovery,and be able to have a normal life a year after op,but if i'm doing this i'm aiming for 6/7cm minimum for sure
How are you now ? It's been what,a month post op,how is pain,mobility ? Is it better overall as time pass ?

Apollo676

« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2021, 08:09:56 PM »

I appreciate it, i feel that I’m far better off where I am however

For sure,i was talking with a friend who did LL with Buldu a few months before you,he went through hell the first 3 weeks,and it kept going better after that,now he is recovering pretty well actually,walk 4km everyday,stretching and so on,with 6 months post op,it's quite good,i'm sure things are going to be better for you now,you've been through the worst imo,just keep in touch with the doc for a good follow up
Can i ask you guys how much is that package,i heard 20 or 22k,is it possible to get lower price if you get in touch with Buldu in person ?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »

Yes,i agree,i'm really leaning more towards LON right now,i have   mobility,uncomfortability,but for only 3 months,and after that being able to weight bear and have significantly better recovery,and be able to have a normal life a year after op,but if i'm doing this i'm aiming for 6/7cm minimum for sure
How are you now ? It's been what,a month post op,how is pain,mobility ? Is it better overall as time pass ?

You can read the diary for the details. First three weeks are hell, but for the last week I have been 95% painfree. I’ve had pain spikes of about 1-3(rarely) that last 2 minutes, otherwise I’ve been very well this week.
I started stretching 1-2 hours a day and it has helped me recover a lot of mobility and flexibility. If you do not stretch like it is your job, you will always be in pain. You will also walk out of here unable to bend your knees and ankles. Again, if you do LON femurs, you need to stretch 1-3 hours a day minimum.
I’m taking my fixaters off in 8 or so days. I’m looking forward to returning to life with my two inches at 177ish.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2021, 08:19:38 PM »

Congrats bro,177cm is a solid height imo,with good shoes you can claim 6ft quite easily
How was your flexibility before the surgery ? Did you train to prepare yourself ? Did you stretch during your first 3 weeks ? Do you have any advice on how to prepare before doing that surgery ?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2021, 08:50:54 PM »

Congratulations!  I bet you feel amazing at your new height!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2021, 06:22:31 AM »

Congratulations!  I bet you feel amazing at your new height!
Congrats bro,177cm is a solid height imo,with good shoes you can claim 6ft quite easily
How was your flexibility before the surgery ? Did you train to prepare yourself ? Did you stretch during your first 3 weeks ? Do you have any advice on how to prepare before doing that surgery ?

Thanks for the kind words both, but it's not over until the fixater is yanked out. This is not going to be a simple process- I heard it can be a 10/10 painful process.

Do non-strentgth yoga for a month or two before hand. Get used to stretching your back, hamstrings, quads, and calfs. I didn't stretch enough. Either way you'll be doing it here.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

more

« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2021, 08:53:34 AM »

Thanks for the kind words both, but it's not over until the fixater is yanked out. This is not going to be a simple process- I heard it can be a 10/10 painful process.

Do non-strentgth yoga for a month or two before hand. Get used to stretching your back, hamstrings, quads, and calfs. I didn't stretch enough. Either way you'll be doing it here.
Nothing will happen to muscle if you so stretching only before 1 or 2 month from surgery.
for flexibility at least 2 years stretching and for strength 6 month

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2021, 06:06:53 AM »

The only alternative i have is precise,which will keep me walking with a walker at best for almost a year,so the dilemna is quite big here,suffer with LON for 3 months and basically be with a stryde-like nail after that and be able to walk on my own 3-4 months after op,as stryde is not planning to come back anytime soon i'm gonna have to decide,but i can't afford be in bed for a full year basically
What do you mean about negotiate ? For the suffering,i'm pretty sure LON is quite a torture comparing to internals,but hey breaking your legs anyway will hurt as fk in the end.

What country are you coming from? If US. Get you some Bendadryl and zzquil before you come out here. Those will help you get at least 4hrs of sleep per night. If you can get your hands on some vicodine and or Tylenol 3 with codeine. I would advise that as well. The pain killers here are literally Tylenol strength.

That being said, if you are going to consider LON. It will be the hardest thing you have ever done. Hands down. You will cry on a few occasions during. The regret is gonna be every other day and the Pain will be the worst pain. LON WHILE it is affordable in my opinion is NOT conventional, bruh Lol the pain is NO JOKE...some days you’ll feel absolutely Nothing tbh just the inconvenient and then the next day you may be in excruciating pain.
I Do believe ANYONE CAN DO IT.
As painful as it is, it is quite TOLERABLE..but...the sh8t is is 100% No joke Y DF did I do this level pain every other days at least.

If you have family support. Negotiate the price/package, get the surgery wait here three weeks and Go back Home... Knowing what I Know now that is what I would have done.
Meh.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2021, 06:13:02 AM »

I'm not saying it's easy man,i'm just considering all the options here,what would you trade ? LON as you are doing now,or precise for at least twice the duration and a lesser recovery ? Imagine not being able to walk with confidence for almost a year,with LON even though i really understand that pain and comfort are  ,you'll be able to walk and consolidate properly in less than 3 months,that's worth considering

I would have loved to have never known this type of pain, and I’ve broken my arms from a motorcycle accident. I would choose any other method 10/10 times before I would do LON AGAIN.
Meh.

LeoGb

« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2021, 08:51:33 AM »

What I understand, you chose LON with about 10 days of hotel and some physiotherapy sessions for 15k EUROS, that does not include the extraction of the fixatives, right? And that the package that includes the hotel, all the physiotherapy and all the care in general is at 20k euros, including removal of fixatives correct?If so, it would not seem like a bad idea to pay 5000 EUROS more, even knowing that you have to pay the 2500 $ for the extraction of the fixatives (which I doubt is included in the price of 15k) which in the end would rise to $ 17,500 in total.   But the prices really confuse me, is it really possible to negotiate this surgery? or to what extent? In another publication I saw that the LON package with only surgery was at 16k and the other package that includes hotel and all care was at 22k, in the end 2k or 3k make a lot of difference.  (sorry for my english)
and thanks for sharing such good information, good luck guys. :)

Apollo676

« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2021, 12:09:09 PM »

What country are you coming from? If US. Get you some Bendadryl and zzquil before you come out here. Those will help you get at least 4hrs of sleep per night. If you can get your hands on some vicodine and or Tylenol 3 with codeine. I would advise that as well. The pain killers here are literally Tylenol strength.

That being said, if you are going to consider LON. It will be the hardest thing you have ever done. Hands down. You will cry on a few occasions during. The regret is gonna be every other day and the Pain will be the worst pain. LON WHILE it is affordable in my opinion is NOT conventional, bruh Lol the pain is NO JOKE...some days you’ll feel absolutely Nothing tbh just the inconvenient and then the next day you may be in excruciating pain.
I Do believe ANYONE CAN DO IT.
As painful as it is, it is quite TOLERABLE..but...the sh8t is is 100% No joke Y DF did I do this level pain every other days at least.

If you have family support. Negotiate the price/package, get the surgery wait here three weeks and Go back Home... Knowing what I Know now that is what I would have done.

Do you really believe Precise would be way less painful than LON ? I mean for sure the fixators must be annoying asf,and cause additionnal pain for sure,but the advantage i see for going with LON is really the recovery part,which seems to be like stryde overall,being able to walk on your own a few weeks after the surgery,and walk properly after fixators removal is a huge advantage for the recovery process,a year after operation,with proper diet and training you can be quite confident to get back most of your pre op condition,walk,start to run again and so on,but with precise you'll probably using crutches even a year after,that's a huge commitment,and right now i would only trade LON for stryde,but it's apparently not coming back anytime soon,maybe 2 years from now,that's why i'm seriously considering LON,living hell for 3 months as bad as it sounds is better than precise for more than a year

Yea i'll probably take some painkillers from here ( Europe ),before going to Turkey and planning a proper diet and training,with supplements and stuff,that's why i'm trying to learn as much as i can from you guys,thanks for your diairies i learn a lot

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2021, 12:29:15 PM »

Can you people please have this conversation somewhere else
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Bob

« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2021, 01:30:08 PM »

@ PerfectBody.
You wrote you drink whey protein in the morning and casein protein at night. Is it possible to only drink casein protein - that is casein protein in the morning and casein protein at night? 

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »

Do you really believe Precise would be way less painful than LON ? I mean for sure the fixators must be annoying asf,and cause additionnal pain for sure,but the advantage i see for going with LON is really the recovery part,which seems to be like stryde overall,being able to walk on your own a few weeks after the surgery,and walk properly after fixators removal is a huge advantage for the recovery process,a year after operation,with proper diet and training you can be quite confident to get back most of your pre op condition,walk,start to run again and so on,but with precise you'll probably using crutches even a year after,that's a huge commitment,and right now i would only trade LON for stryde,but it's apparently not coming back anytime soon,maybe 2 years from now,that's why i'm seriously considering LON,living hell for 3 months as bad as it sounds is better than precise for more than a year

Yea i'll probably take some painkillers from here ( Europe ),before going to Turkey and planning a proper diet and training,with supplements and stuff,that's why i'm trying to learn as much as i can from you guys,thanks for your diairies i learn a lot

PM Me
Meh.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

Saturday June 26 - 43 days since surgery - ~38.5±1mm gained

Xrays - https://imgur.com/a/UpN2HQX

Pain - Until late last night, nearly 0 for the last 10 days. Late last night I had a hard time sleeping, very uncomfortable. I tried bending my knees, and i felt a tear above my right knee. My right shin then became numb/tingly/hot when touched. I suspect nerve damage. People here say it's normal and it'll be ok in about 2 weeks. Welp. So much for that streak. Shin gets fiery when rubbed - like a 2/10. Otherwise I'm ok.

Tightness - I've been stretching 2-3 hours/day, and it helps a lot. Does not help prevent morning stiffness of course, since I'm continuously lengthening. It really sucks, because I'm working really hard just to maintain flexibility/mobility, not even to regain anything I lost. That's just how it is.

I'm disappointed at my xrays - I expected to be about ~41mm because I had been lengthening at 1.25 for 20 days. Those 3mm are definitely negligible, but I still wish I had them. At the rate I was going at, I was hoping to stop at exactly 50mm. However the bone healing looks pretty amazing; my right leg callous looks like it's forming beautifully. My left leg is a little questionable.

Either way I will stop lengthening after this coming Friday (June 2nd) - I've had enough of this. I genuinely want to return to life asap, and do so safely and in good health. I can already feel early stages of lordosis developing, my ass going flat, my calfs ultra tight. I don't want to push my luck with my body/health. Above all, I feel extremely happy with my new 2 inches, or 177-178cm. I don't think it's worth risking my health just for 1-2 extra cm - that's very reckless/stupid to me.

If your body can take it, I'm jealous. Good for you.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Apollo676

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »

2-3 hours of stretching everyday ? On your own or with a physiotherapist ? What do you think of the physio team there ? What kind of stretching are you doing ?  Imo 177-178cm is a very solid height and a decent upgrade from 171cm

dexter1930

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »

2-3 hours of stretching everyday ? On your own or with a physiotherapist ? What do you think of the physio team there ? What kind of stretching are you doing ?  Imo 177-178cm is a very solid height and a decent upgrade from 171cm
I try to stretch like you throughout a day but this is tiring lol
every LL patients loses their sleep at the end of distraction phase
just call it after june 2nd and comeback to finish the 3rd inch in 2-3 years, maybe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up