Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so I'm about 1-2 cm off the average height  (Read 1229 times)

jenmai

• Visitor
so I'm about 1-2 cm off the average height
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

So here's my question, if someone had bad posture all their life (looking down while walking, forward head posture, slouching at computer), can they grow a few cm to inches by straightening their spine? I am not talking aboutthe spine growing of course, but I do have a bit of a curve on my neck and my head is not aligned. I am planning to go to a physiotherapist and I want to know if  fixing my posture can help me with a bit of height.

Nightwish

Re: so I'm about 1-2 cm off the average height
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »

I'd have thought so, but only if your posture was actually really bad and you're not deluding yourself into thinking it is. My best mate had Scheuermann's Disease and had to be operated on with a big metal rod supporting his spine. He went from 5'8.5 to 5'10.5. Of course this was a medical condition and way more than just bad posture, but the curvature wasn't overly noticeable to the average person and I'm surprised how much he gained after the operation.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

applesandoranges

Re: so I'm about 1-2 cm off the average height
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »

Scoliosis patients usually get an increase in height after they align their spine. I've looked this up mainly on Reddit though, but it does make sense. Personally, I've had forward head posture in the past due to my desk job, but I've made an effort to correct it by working at a standing desk and doing neck and back exercises. I think I've gotten 1-1.5cm in "postural" height.

I'd be interested in knowing what your physiotherapist says. Please keep us updated  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up