Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone also advocates for short people(particularly men) self-supportive groups?  (Read 1171 times)

TranslatingWithWriting

As a consequence of car accident in my 6 year old, my growth was stunted, or maybe because I jerked off a lot around 12 year old, I am only 168cm in Poland, and bizarrely shorter than my father around like 10cm.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying being short should be treated as the intellectually disabled, or AIDS patients, but I trully firmly believe short men are already inferior in the society hierarchy, they are discriminated all the time, they are impeded by their heights when finding loves, even jobs, or just buying clothes they like to put on. Literally we are a part of 'special group' in the society which is also hardwired short men are bluhbluhbluh.

So I think short men also needs priorizations de jure and de facto, like legally disabled(again I am not implying being short is being disabled), at least we need to call for the society to cease offensive behaviours and words towards short men.

My primary language is not English and my English may be not good and my post is not legible enough either.

Sorry.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

As a consequence of car accident in my 6 year old, my growth was stunted, or maybe because I jerked off a lot around 12 year old, I am only 168cm in Poland, and bizarrely shorter than my father around like 10cm.

Car accidents and semen production don't stunt growth.  It's common to be shorter than your father if you have other short people in your family.

hikui

• Visitor

Yeah being short sucks. I've come to accept that I'm at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to society. And your English is fine.

TranslatingWithWriting

Yeah being short sucks. I've come to accept that I'm at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to society. And your English is fine.
Yeah but don't just feel inferior. We short men gotta do something to improve our plight!
Like, lately I am already contemplating on setting up a humane self-supportive group/organization for us short men, at least I will open a server on d or if everything moved smoothly I would hire some web developers to operate an group/organization website, and I would be the web editor and it would be an international web. Guess my jobs of being a translator and a writer can make sense then LOL.

zaozari

It's an excellent idea, but in the past I remember there was at least one. Even very tall people have their website because of their particularities and needs.
It could be not only supportive but also practical (advice on dating, ergonomics, reaction to harassment and discrimination, etc.)

TranslatingWithWriting

It's an excellent idea, but in the past I remember there was at least one. Even very tall people have their website because of their particularities and needs.
It could be not only supportive but also practical (advice on dating, ergonomics, reaction to harassment and discrimination, etc.)
Yeah there was indeed an organization in the past that was also supportive and finally disbanded.

I can't remember its name, but I opened a server on d and if you guys are interested in it I will be very glad to see you join it!

https://-/TGbZA2bJYv

MeanGoal

There's a short support group on Reddit: r/short

However, many (if not all) of these short support groups end up to be short lived (pun unintentionally intended), because this is what happens all too often.

1) It will get perhaps a few dozen members at its peak.

2) Members complain about height discrimination and how being short sucks, but never reach any real solutions.

3) Some short members become really irate about their height neurosis, go on a ranting rampage, and the group continues in a downward spiral.

4) Everyone realizes it's just a waste of time and leaves the group.

TranslatingWithWriting

There's a short support group on Reddit: r/short

However, many (if not all) of these short support groups end up to be short lived (pun unintentionally intended), because this is what happens all too often.

1) It will get perhaps a few dozen members at its peak.

2) Members complain about height discrimination and how being short sucks, but never reach any real solutions.

3) Some short members become really irate about their height neurosis, go on a ranting rampage, and the group continues in a downward spiral.

4) Everyone realizes it's just a waste of time and leaves the group.
In light of my nearly one year experience on r/short, I don't think it is a self-suppotive group at all, for it is really congested with complaints, ventations, blackpills, incels, etc. And rare posts are offering constructive suggestions/advices, or just talking about what short men/women have successes in random fields like dating and everyone mentall jerks off to them.

It's really... boring and noxious.

I don't think venting itself is a waste of time, but venting must be a part of self-supports, not the main or even full component of them.

So I built a server which contains ventations but also limb lengthening surgery discussions, height increasing method discussions and off topic sections. So I think this server is very constructive.

zaozari

In light of my nearly one year experience on r/short, I don't think it is a self-suppotive group at all, for it is really congested with complaints, ventations, blackpills, incels, etc. And rare posts are offering constructive suggestions/advices, or just talking about what short men/women have successes in random fields like dating and everyone mentall jerks off to them.

It's really... boring and noxious.

I don't think venting itself is a waste of time, but venting must be a part of self-supports, not the main or even full component of them.

So I built a server which contains ventations but also limb lengthening surgery discussions, height increasing method discussions and off topic sections. So I think this server is very constructive.

I don't agree that the following is relevant for this idea: ''Members complain about height discrimination and how being short sucks, but never reach any real solutions.'' This is not a reason to not think of a group. Because the ''website'' of a group like this wouldn't be a solution obviously to be tall (we let that to this forum) but could be supportive if well moderated and with good contributions about a thousand things for short people and of any age.

Because there are people that can't afford, are afraid, or just don't want to do CLL and some don't even hate being short, specially girls.

I remember that old website (''short people'' something...) had lots of contents about sites where to find short people dates that don't care about other's height very much, elevator shoes (with disount!), activities and sports best suited to short people which can make them (us) feel better and well acomplished (besides, physical exercice helps depression in which short people tend to fall a lot), just sharing (''positively'') a bad day, how to adapt your house and car ergonomically, how to react or respond and ''kill''' immediatly bad and agressive comentaries against short people, a display of psychologists and psiquiatrists specialized in body disphoria who can participate and whose research can be publicized (or even finding support from them).

Regarding psychological suport I even think absolutely that all of us thinking planning CLL should have psychological support. It's proven that a change in the body, for good and for bad, creates issues and chalenges very frequently, and it would help the hard surgery and recovery anxiety, as well as return to the ''new life'', relating to others, etc., People benefit absolutely from that. Some surgeons even make it obligatory, etc.

I have several ideas for sharing with people and as we all know two or an hundred brains work ''better'' than one...
Plus, it could be a ''preparation'' in psychological terms , to CLL.
The other site lasted for many, many years, but was a bit old fashioned, people got old and probably abandoned the maintenance.
But it hasn't to be like that, and the positive thinking and optimism tends to ''replicate'' itself, it could be a good challenge and definitelly very useful.

zaozari

Guys, I am sorry to post this here, it's a one time think.

TranslatingWithWriting:

I joined ''Short Lives Matter''. Do I have to join ''d''?
I filled by mistake my birthday date. Where is our private data located in the menus?
What is a ''role''? I don't know which I chose.

Thanks and sorry to everybody else.

TranslatingWithWriting

Guys, I am sorry to post this here, it's a one time think.

TranslatingWithWriting:

I joined ''Short Lives Matter''. Do I have to join ''d''?
I filled by mistake my birthday date. Where is our private data located in the menus?
What is a ''role''? I don't know which I chose.

Thanks and sorry to everybody else.
I don't know how to configure welcome screening in which new members can select roles right after getting in and so far there are no 'roles'.
Besides, I don't configure locating member's private daa in the menus.

MeanGoal

I don't agree that the following is relevant for this idea: ''Members complain about height discrimination and how being short sucks, but never reach any real solutions.'' This is not a reason to not think of a group.

I remember that old website (''short people'' something...) had lots of contents ...

The other site lasted for many, many years, but was a bit old fashioned, people got old and probably abandoned the maintenance.
But it hasn't to be like that, and the positive thinking and optimism tends to ''replicate'' itself, it could be a good challenge and definitelly very useful.

That proves my point that these short support websites and groups inevitably end up being short lived. You said it yourself that old website is dead. In fact, you can't even remember the name (despite being up for many, many years), which shows that it was not effective or popular enough that you can even remember its name or URL. In fact, you can't even name any decent short support website or group that started before 2022 and is still operational now.

If you can manage to succeed in creating an effective short support group that will last for decades, go right ahead. I'm certainly not going to try to sabotage it. But I've seen these short support groups pop up in the past, and they all inevitably die away for the reasons I stated.

zaozari

I don’t remember because it was maybe 15 years ago (I'm old...) and never paid much attention because I didn't feel at that time the height neurosis of today and could live well without feeling I needed "support" or even be part of such a group of people, maybe it's strange but it was indeed like that, maybe I was much more self confident and besides I already dreamed about CLL.

By the way, I think I mistakenly quoted the other user instead of you.

Cheers.

TranslatingWithWriting

I don’t remember because it was maybe 15 years ago (I'm old...) and never paid much attention because I didn't feel at that time the height neurosis of today and could live well without feeling I needed "support" or even be part of such a group of people, maybe it's strange but it was indeed like that, maybe I was much more self confident and besides I already dreamed about CLL.

By the way, I think I mistakenly quoted the other user instead of you.

Cheers.
I think you are referring to 'Short Guys Center'? I also checked that website for once but it seemed very unpopular, and even LL forum is more interesting comparatively... So I have long time to recheck that.

Btw, I am planning to evolve my Short Lives Matter into an offline legit group/organization, like other American groups/organizations operated for special people like mute and dumb, autism, stutterer, etc. I myself don't think it is a crazy idea but it may sound harsh and humiliating——I think short men should be prioritized as disabled.

Yeah I know it sounds depressing and dumb. But except the fact that we have normal physical functions, but when it comes to emotional functioning and societal perceptions, I don't think short men should never be treated specially.

My plan is to get Translation master degree in America so it will become more convenient for me to evolve my group lol.

I will also design some special clothing, hold special activities, petition to the govern to afford subsidies etc. for our group's members. :-X

zaozari

I like your ideas.
But although I registered in the group, I couldn't find any relevant ''room'', it is so confusing, excessively coloured and I had to register in two things, one is called ''d'' and the other ''Short People Matter''. I haven't still understood how that works. Regarding short people or LL I only found a girl with a bit unfriendly post of just a few words. I am sure I wasn't in the right place.

TranslatingWithWriting

I like your ideas.
But although I registered in the group, I couldn't find any relevant ''room'', it is so confusing, excessively coloured and I had to register in two things, one is called ''d'' and the other ''Short People Matter''. I haven't still understood how that works. Regarding short people or LL I only found a girl with a bit unfriendly post of just a few words. I am sure I wasn't in the right place.
I don't know how come that lady screwed up your interests in my server but the channels are all relevant to height except non-height-related discussion. You can chat whatever you want in any of the channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up