Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you believe 'soul' or not? Why?  (Read 1418 times)

TranslatingWithWriting

Do you believe 'soul' or not? Why?
« on: June 19, 2022, 08:03:49 AM »

Head-up: No suicidal intentions. Just an amusing topic about afterlife.

Hi, I am a soul believer, because I can't explain why I can only be 'I', not 'he', 'she', etc. What's more, after researching into soul for a little, I found out Darwin's Evolution Theory has some flaws, like it indeed can explain the evolution of creature's physical features, but can't explain the evolution of so-called 'consciousness'!(aka 'intelligence').

Some folk researchers think the onset of high-intelligent creature——human derived from 'mutation', which can't be explained only by Evolution Theory.

And think about it, if Evolution Theory was flawless, and due to evoluions, for example, humans in frigid zones should've had long body hairs to protect themselves from severe colds, like yowies, humans in mountainous should've had long and robust legs to benefit themselves from climbing, etc. Evolution Theory can't even explain 'evolution' well! So this theory is actually not flawless. And it means you can't negate the onset of high intelligences by saying 'human's intelligence evoluted from nature due to competitions and adapations and there is no such thing like 'soul' you idiot'

I also believe since soul exists, we can have 'afterlives' after our deaths because our soul will automatically 'reincarnate' into a newborn baby's body and then it's a new life.

Brycewelch17

• Visitor
Re: Do you believe 'soul' or not? Why?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 10:46:15 AM »

I was an atheist who wanted to find truth and as a logical person I try and find what most logically seems true and found out I would have to have more Faith as an atheist then to not believe Christianity is true because holy   dude you will be blown away. After gathering my sources my heart was also changed, bring a man to his knees

stevens

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 06:34:48 PM »

Hi, I am a soul believer, because I can't explain why I can only be 'I', not 'he', 'she', etc. What's more, after researching into soul for a little, I found out Darwin's Evolution Theory has some flaws, like it indeed can explain the evolution of creature's physical features, but can't explain the evolution of so-called 'consciousness'!(aka 'intelligence').

Some folk researchers think the onset of high-intelligent creature——human derived from 'mutation', which can't be explained only by Evolution Theory.

And think about it, if Evolution Theory was flawless, and due to evoluions, for example, humans in frigid zones should've had long body hairs to protect themselves from severe colds, like yowies, humans in mountainous should've had long and robust legs to benefit themselves from climbing, etc. Evolution Theory can't even explain 'evolution' well! So this theory is actually not flawless. And it means you can't negate the onset of high intelligences by saying 'human's intelligence evoluted from nature due to competitions and adapations and there is no such thing like 'soul' you idiot'

I also believe since soul exists, we can have 'afterlives' after our deaths because our soul will automatically 'reincarnate' into a newborn baby's body and then it's a new life.

I believe that you just disappear and that there is nothing after death. I believe that all of humanity was destined to happen, everything you do was destined to happen because there is no other way to create intelligence other than to create monkeys with a big brain. kurzweil law of accelerating returns is a good example of this, you cannot slow it down or accelerate it.

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 03:58:27 AM »

This is a topic my friends often talked about when in schools. Some believe it and some don't.

stevens

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 04:32:17 AM »

I believe that you just disappear and that there is nothing after death. I believe that all of humanity was destined to happen, everything you do was destined to happen because there is no other way to create intelligence other than to create monkeys with a big brain. kurzweil law of accelerating returns is a good example of this, you cannot slow it down or accelerate it.

The only thing we know is that animals fight to live, they try to survive and not die. So therefore the meaning of life is to not die, people have created absurd ideas of religion and afterlife without any evidence. The only thing we know for sure is that we have programmed in our brains to try to survive to not die or not suffer any pain that can lead to death.

stevens

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 04:40:26 AM »

We stayed in africa until 60,000 years ago, before that we had millions of years to evolve and change our appearance, it takes millions of years to do that.

stevens

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 04:43:43 AM »

Mutations were essential for evolution, i believe that for example a mutation made fish get legs and a monkey to stop walking on 4 legs.

stevens

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 04:59:34 AM »

In those 60,000 years we did adapt to our environment but a little differently. Races are an example of this.

stevens

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 05:05:25 AM »

Being reincarnated would be the same as death because you will forget everything, also what would happen if the planet was destroyed or all the humans died?. Have 6 billion new souls been created in the last 100 years? how?

stevens

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 05:16:00 AM »

Being reincarnated would be the same as death because you will forget everything, also what would happen if the planet was destroyed or all the humans died?. Have 6 billion new souls been created in the last 100 years? how?

The good thing is that in the near future we will have technologies that will allow us to not age and religion will die due to people forgetting about it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 06:41:36 AM »

Or maybe it works like this:

ilovescience

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 01:05:26 AM »

The good thing is that in the near future we will have technologies that will allow us to not age and religion will die due to people forgetting about it.

Healthy diet slows down aging process.

stevens

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 01:23:59 AM »

Healthy diet slows down aging process.

Fasting

I don't do fasting because i am young and is stressful. I won't die before the slow and reverse aging technologies exist. If you are above 50 you have to do it.

But fasting is also hard because you can get anxiety from not getting all the dopamine from eating.

Simply put, it means you stop eating completely, or almost completely, for a certain stretch of time. A fast usually lasts 12 hours, but some types continue for days at a time. In some cases, you may be allowed water, tea, and coffee or even a small amount of food during the “fasting period.”

ilovescience

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »

Fasting

I don't do fasting because i am young and is stressful. I won't die before the slow and reverse aging technologies exist. If you are above 50 you have to do it.

But fasting is also hard because you can get anxiety from not getting all the dopamine from eating.

Simply put, it means you stop eating completely, or almost completely, for a certain stretch of time. A fast usually lasts 12 hours, but some types continue for days at a time. In some cases, you may be allowed water, tea, and coffee or even a small amount of food during the “fasting period.”

I sometimes get confused with the term fasting. It reminds me of fast, which is an adjective, it means quickness. I was also confused that I thought it could also mean fast food, like KFC.

Fasting, it means not to eat correct? But human being can't don't eat forever. So it means not to eat for a few hours?

stevens

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2022, 04:01:45 PM »

I sometimes get confused with the term fasting. It reminds me of fast, which is an adjective, it means quickness. I was also confused that I thought it could also mean fast food, like KFC.

Fasting, it means not to eat correct? But human being can't don't eat forever. So it means not to eat for a few hours?

Fasting means not eating during 12 hours. for example you can go to sleep at 9 pm and wake up at 5 am, then you would have to wait until 9 am to eat. That is the way most people do fasting. After 9 am you can eat whatever you want but you have to stop at 9 pm.

ilovescience

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 01:15:32 AM »

Fasting means not eating during 12 hours. for example you can go to sleep at 9 pm and wake up at 5 am, then you would have to wait until 9 am to eat. That is the way most people do fasting. After 9 am you can eat whatever you want but you have to stop at 9 pm.

I see. Fasting might be good idea for work out or some sports
Pages: [1]   Go Up