Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At what point did you consider LL, and what did you try before this?  (Read 5115 times)

PullmanP

• Visitor

Hi, been reading the forum for a while, bit of an introduction but just looking for some thoughts and discussion :)

Im 21 and around 169cm barefooted. I always wear footwear with a small insole and preferably a decent heel, which brings me to anywhere between 173-174cm and actually looks far more natural than without. I've learned to dress really proportionally, and this and my admittedly very confident personality seem to make the vast majority, certainly not see me as tall, but not consider me as anything other than 'normal', or of average height.

But of course, what's most important is how I consider myself. I absolutely don't mean to patronise, as I understand that there are people far further away from average on this forum. But I know I'm athletic, outgoing, doing reportedly well on looks, and my stature has never affected my social or love life, but just can't get over the dissapointment of not being able to have control over this one aspect at all without making a true change to my body. At around 5"10 or 11 I'd just have the relief of not having to constantly strive towards this normality which i want everyone else to keep seeing, and I feel like I'd just be so happy and satisfied in myself.

Having said this, I know LL is extreme and not something I think I'd truly consider, certainly unless I'd explored every other reasonable way of bettering myself and was still unhappy. For example, I'm athletic but still slim built, so I'd like to have a broader and more tapered upper body, for proportions, so over the next year and a half I'll focus on this and see if it will make any difference to how I feel.

So, I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this or is in a similar situation? Has anyone changed their body in the gym and felt less of a need to be taller? Does everyone else feel they've exhausted all other possible avenues of improving how they appear/feel before truly wanting LL? Or is LL still the main factor regardless of your looks, attitude, physique etc.?

Thanks!

CCMidwest

Re: At what point did you consider LL, and what did you try before this?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »

I don't think there is a single guy in the 5'7ish range on this forum that says they have struggled socially or romantically.

It's an ego problem.

What have you done to train your mind?

To answer your other questions, I'm pretty ripped and successful and still have issues with my height insecurity because I haven't trained my mind.

Read through comments by Alu and Peaceout...they have their feet firmly planted in reality I think.

Keep in mind this forum will likely make any insecurities related to height worse.

Welcome.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »

Read all comments by "deads" as well...he was 169. Left the forum deciding against LL
5'7.5

PullmanP

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »

Hi CCMidwest, thanks for your reply

I think you raise a good point on this being of the mind. I have read posts discussing doctors' being given reasons of 'girls, career, respect' etc. for patients undergoing LL and though these seem silly they are at least easier to pin down than just 'to feel happier in myself' when all else is in life is fine.

I think maybe a better summary of what I wanted to get across is that I feel disappointed because I am achingly CLOSE to being completely happy in myself.

I do think the forum is a positive place which, for good or ill, shows people willing to actually make a change to be happy. But a mental change certainly sounds less painful and expensive than one involving metal rods in me Midwest! I think that's a pretty positive thought in itself.

I will have a read on this

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »

Hi CCMidwest, thanks for your reply

I think you raise a good point on this being of the mind. I have read posts discussing doctors' being given reasons of 'girls, career, respect' etc. for patients undergoing LL and though these seem silly they are at least easier to pin down than just 'to feel happier in myself' when all else is in life is fine.

I think maybe a better summary of what I wanted to get across is that I feel disappointed because I am achingly CLOSE to being completely happy in myself.

I do think the forum is a positive place which, for good or ill, shows people willing to actually make a change to be happy. But a mental change certainly sounds less painful and expensive than one involving metal rods in me Midwest! I think that's a pretty positive thought in itself.

I will have a read on this

This forum (and especially the other one) are toxic about eberything that's related to height insecurities.
I learned some stuff during this time

PullmanP

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 06:37:45 PM »

Hi TBIKE

I think my statement was a bit generalised, I meant in terms of my experience here which I've found quite positive. It'g given a bit more perspective to me, where as I have read more about LL I've become more unprepared to consider this a realistic way to help me. 

May I ask why you say this? I see you are planning LL yourself

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »

Hi TBIKE

I think my statement was a bit generalised, I meant in terms of my experience here which I've found quite positive. It'g given a bit more perspective to me, where as I have read more about LL I've become more unprepared to consider this a realistic way to help me. 

May I ask why you say this? I see you are planning LL yourself

Because it's a forum where most people have height insecurities. So everyone are blaming their height on everything which gives oxigen to your own height insecurity. The old forum is much much much worse though

PullmanP

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:56:34 PM »

Because it's a forum where most people have height insecurities. So everyone are blaming their height on everything which gives oxigen to your own height insecurity. The old forum is much much much worse though

I think some of that sort of goes without saying. But I'm trying to come at this from an open minded stance; I'd love to say a year or two down the line that with underlying desire for a better overall physique, and after making progress in other areas that I genuinely wasn't bothered by height to a degree that LL was any more than laughable. I could just get over it, and I don't know if that would happen, but I don't think that would be a particularly toxic thing to post. But i respect that negativity can't help with the huge decision to do LL and I wish you all the best with it.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 07:03:46 PM »

I think some of that sort of goes without saying. But I'm trying to come at this from an open minded stance; I'd love to say a year or two down the line that with underlying desire for a better overall physique, and after making progress in other areas that I genuinely wasn't bothered by height to a degree that LL was any more than laughable. I could just get over it, and I don't know if that would happen, but I don't think that would be a particularly toxic thing to post. But i respect that negativity can't help with the huge decision to do LL and I wish you all the best with it.

I wasnt saying that deciding not to do it is bad or toxic... On the contrary... It took me two years since my height problem started (and with that the discovery of the forums) to book a date for surgery. I tried to lower the flames but last november after two years of keeping it silent (or atleast coping with it) it exploded with full force and now here I am 2 months before surgery.
  My experience with failing to cope with my height problem is my own personal one. I do not think nor believe it is an unwritten law that everyone who have height problems cant get over them or atleast live with them. I, after two years have decided that it's too much for me

My success with women, university, social life all did not help to make me forget it.

PullmanP

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »

That's cool, thanks for that honesty, I do agree that it's of course an entirely personal thing. It's interesting to have contrasting perspectives of the potential for LL being a fabricated need for some and an actual need for others, and i respect that you've given time, and consideration to other avenues, before deciding it's what you need to cope with it.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »

That's cool, thanks for that honesty, I do agree that it's of course an entirely personal thing. It's interesting to have contrasting perspectives of the potential for LL being a fabricated need for some and an actual need for others, and i respect that you've given time, and consideration to other avenues, before deciding it's what you need to cope with it.

Because it is a fabricated need to many of the prospective patients. If you are a loser at life, it has nothing to do with height. I dont have anything going bad for me in life. I am doing LL because my height disturbes me... Not the "What could have been if I was taller" thoughts that are nothing more than creation of the ego in order to give justification to one's insuccess in life. I dont belive that after adding 4,5 20cm my life would drastically change. I dont buy the   about women falling like rain from the sky on people post LL (Especially the already near average ones like me) or the instant respect from other people just because now I am taller. For me it is really about fixing something physical which I am not at all happy about.

LLCaptain

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »

I wasnt saying that deciding not to do it is bad or toxic... On the contrary... It took me two years since my height problem started (and with that the discovery of the forums) to book a date for surgery.

Only 2 years TIBIKE? I waited 8 more years to afford internals. Worth every penny.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 07:32:09 PM »

Only 2 years TIBIKE? I waited 8 more years to afford internals. Worth every penny.

Luckily, my financial situation was good enough to make the budget consideration not important even at the first day I discovered LL. So it was purely a mental process for me.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 07:35:13 PM »

What was your pre LL height and what is it now?

CCMidwest

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

See the bolded.

Who says you have to get over it? I'm serious. Insecurities are part of life for everyone. Height is definitely an insecurity of mine. I am very, very close to average height and being that close makes LL seem that much more appealing.

But who says I have to get over it? This is why I talk about training your brain. I CAN have a good life at 5'7ish, because I already have done it.

I'm rich, wife is attractive, kids are doing well, business is thriving, social circle is decent, body is in shape (although I am in a bulking phase so my 6-pack is gone! Noooo!), I flirt, I tease, etc, etc, etc.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »

I posted without finishing my rant...

Is there any point to getting over it? Why can't it just be controlled? Is never thinking about height a realistic expectation of ourselves? Should we beat ourselves up over the height insecurity?

Will I forever compare my height with those around me? Maybe. But I suspect I would do that after LL anyway. Read through my posts, I've said this before, it is very, very difficult to justify LL at our height.

If someone does do it at this height, I certainly understand their reasoning and there is a very good possibility I will also do it myself. If you are 5'9 or above though, you're just insane to do this, and I won't hesitate to judge those people.

But like I said at first, most men at our height don't struggle in life.

Alu schooled me yesterday on this forum about having a tougher skin, and he is absolutely right. I think the vast majority of men in this height range would be fine with just improving their outlooks.

One thing I've been reading about is self-compassion. People talk about self-esteem and self-confidence all the time, but no one talks about self-compassion. If life is good without LL, is it worth it to put yourself through that? There is a huge toll on the psyche with all of this (watch "iamready"'s videos, this is hard on the mind too), not to mention the physical toll.

Is it harder mentally to go through LL or to stay your height? Which one provides the most benefit for your mind, body, soul?
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

Because it is a fabricated need to many of the prospective patients. If you are a loser at life, it has nothing to do with height. I dont have anything going bad for me in life. I am doing LL because my height disturbes me... Not the "What could have been if I was taller" thoughts that are nothing more than creation of the ego in order to give justification to one's insuccess in life. I dont belive that after adding 4,5 20cm my life would drastically change. I dont buy the crap about women falling like rain from the sky on people post LL (Especially the already near average ones like me) or the instant respect from other people just because now I am taller. For me it is really about fixing something physical which I am not at all happy about.

In my mind if you do LL, this is the exact mentality you have to have. (and I think I know Tbike well enough outside this forum to say he really does have his sh*t together)

In this height range a few more inches is not going to drastically change your life if you are struggling. It might make you more successful in things you are already successful at, but it will not fix something that is broken. In other words, if you can't get your d*ck wet at 5'7, ya ain't gonna get it wet at 5'9-5'10 post LL.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »

Care to give basic details?

Height(s), doctor, how long ago? I've been in contact with Dr. Paley, and I've got to say that internal femurs are tempting.
5'7.5

maximize

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »

I don't think there is a single guy in the 5'7ish range on this forum that says they have struggled socially or romantically.

I am and I have struggled romantically (not socially) but I'm also ugly as fk.

It's a winning combination. Girls really dig us short ugly scrawny dudes. :)

For me it's not ego. It's practical.

CCMidwest

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »

I am and I have struggled romantically (not socially) but I'm also ugly as fk.

It's a winning combination. Girls really dig us short ugly scrawny dudes. :)

For me it's not ego. It's practical.

You made a post last year about not ever doing LL do to the risk of knee or other joint pain. I assume you've changed your mind.

You've done all you can to fix the scrawny and ugly?
5'7.5

maximize

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »

You made a post last year about not ever doing LL do to the risk of knee or other joint pain. I assume you've changed your mind.

You've done all you can to fix the scrawny and ugly?

I've made a lot of posts here but I don't remember saying "never" doing LL due to the risk of knee or other joint pain. I spent a lot of time posting here and learning about those risks. I actually think with the reverse planning method championed by Fitbone surgeons, risks of chronic knee/hip/joint pain are pretty low. And even if you did get premature arthritis, being short is painful all the time. So it's a trade off of one pain (psychological) for another (physical).

In my case, yes I am doing my best to fix my ugliness first. If all that goes well, and I still feel ambitious, then perhaps I will do LL. Time will tell. I hate being short. If I had the time and was able to do it right now, I would just let someone chop up my legs tomorrow. But LL is difficult to plan for and practically get done.

CCMidwest

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 10:59:35 PM »

I've made a lot of posts here but I don't remember saying "never" doing LL due to the risk of knee or other joint pain. I spent a lot of time posting here and learning about those risks. I actually think with the reverse planning method championed by Fitbone surgeons, risks of chronic knee/hip/joint pain are pretty low. And even if you did get premature arthritis, being short is painful all the time. So it's a trade off of one pain (psychological) for another (physical).

In my case, yes I am doing my best to fix my ugliness first. If all that goes well, and I still feel ambitious, then perhaps I will do LL. Time will tell. I hate being short. If I had the time and was able to do it right now, I would just let someone chop up my legs tomorrow. But LL is difficult to plan for and practically get done.

Not trying to argue with you, but you said, "What I have decided is that as much as I'd like to be 3" taller, it's not a viable option for me unless there is a better technique or something I'm not thinking of." - April 08, 2015, 03:16:11 AM

Which is why I thought that.

5'7.5

maximize

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »

Not trying to argue with you, but you said, "What I have decided is that as much as I'd like to be 3" taller, it's not a viable option for me unless there is a better technique or something I'm not thinking of." - April 08, 2015, 03:16:11 AM

Which is why I thought that.

Then in June I made this thread:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2311.0

Better technique and something I was not thinking of found. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up