Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stretching exercises 6 months before LL  (Read 3642 times)

Mtall

Stretching exercises 6 months before LL
« on: October 08, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »

1. What stretching exercises would you recommend, starting today,  considering that I intend to have an Internals Femur LL surgery sometime in April or May next year?
2. Would stretching 6 months before LL help in any significant way?
3. Can any Dr. Guichet patients contribute as to what he made you'll do to prepare for the surgery,  since he's known for his pre-op demands on strength, flexibility and the like?

I intend to do my Internal Femurs with Dr. Parihar using the Precice 2. I'm going in for a consultation this month, and I'll keep the forum posted.

The Kaiser

Re: Stretching exercises 6 months before LL
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 08:38:51 PM »

1. What stretching exercises would you recommend, starting today,  considering that I intend to have an Internals Femur LL surgery sometime in April or May next year?
2. Would stretching 6 months before LL help in any significant way?
3. Can any Dr. Guichet patients contribute as to what he made you'll do to prepare for the surgery,  since he's known for his pre-op demands on strength, flexibility and the like?

I intend to do my Internal Femurs with Dr. Parihar using the Precice 2. I'm going in for a consultation this month, and I'll keep the forum posted.

most doctors said its not affect a lot, unlike Guichet. they all agree some flexibility and strength is more than enough. we saw many flexible patients failed and many non-athletic patient run before 8 months post-op. Its a crazy surgery ladies and gentlman

Random Hero

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

I'd love an answer to this too; once I've attained the hefty capital required (which seems to be ever rising) I'd like Dr. Guichet to perform my surgery so I'd be very grateful to hear about pre-op training undertaken by Dr. Guichet's patients so that I can start to stretch in the correct manner before my initial consultation with him.
Current Height: 5"8 - Desired Height: 5"10.5

Mechanical Engineer living in Sheffield, England

Morissette

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »

I'm not a guichet patient but I am an LL patient and pre surgery exercises should include a lot of hamstring stretches, calve stretches more specifically your dorsi flexion. As well as keep your legs healthy and quads,hamstrings,calves muscle strong as muscle atrophy is a given during this procedure and the stronger your muscle the easier mobility will come.

Mtall

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »

I'm not a guichet patient but I am an LL patient and pre surgery exercises should include a lot of hamstring stretches, calve stretches more specifically your dorsi flexion. As well as keep your legs healthy and quads,hamstrings,calves muscle strong as muscle atrophy is a given during this procedure and the stronger your muscle the easier mobility will come.

But I've heard that having muscular legs are the worst thing before LL surgery.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:31 PM »

But I've heard that having muscular legs are the worst thing before LL surgery.

At the start of this year i was 103kgs and very muscular. I lost weight to do the surgery i stopped the heavy weight training and ate way less. When i arrived they stil thought i was big at 82kgs. I deliberately atrophied a lot of muscle to come to do the procedure as stretching big muscles is generally more oainful, people who have made themselves muscular will feel this surgery worse. Big thich strong tendons dont like getting stretched. When i came here i had 25" thighs down from 27.5" they are now about 21" rest of body is equally as atrophied 18.1/4" arms are now about 15".

Muscle atrophy is unavoidable and muscular people will have way more of it than average guys simply because they have way more muscle than regular guys who in todays society dont have a lot to begin with. Lying in bed for a week can cause significant atrophy imagine what 3-5 months does. There will be people saying that they didnt lose much muscle id hazard a guess these guys are confusing the girth of their muscles with the actual size of them. Ive seen guys who had thighs as big as mine in clothes but out of them in the gym they may have measured the same but thats where it ends, a 27.5" muscular thigh is different from one of the same girth but includes 7" of fat on that measurenent

Morissette

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

You don't wanna be going into this surgery with no muscle. Besides in 6months you aren't gunna gain a ridiculous amount of muscle even with the best diet. Muscle atrophy is one of the things physios work on the most during lengthening there's no logic in having weak muscles once you standup your muscles will be pulling a lot more weight then your bone and you want them strong and healthy not brittle.

Random Hero

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »

Many thanks Morissette!
Current Height: 5"8 - Desired Height: 5"10.5

Mechanical Engineer living in Sheffield, England

Morissette

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »

No problem:) good luck with your future LL plans

The Kaiser

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »

you should have pretty enough muscle, because you will lose more than 30-50% of your current muscle immediately when you do the surgery

Mtall

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »

Still didn't really get an answer as to which the best stretching exercises are  :P

Morissette

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

Even if I start naming stretching exercises you're still going to google their names so just google search hamstring stretched and Achilles' tendon stretches and you'll be set

The Kaiser

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

Still didn't really get an answer as to which the best stretching exercises are  :P

flexibility in general are the best exercise, maybe there are 2 or 3 you should focus on them more, but be flexible 

EndGame

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »

Stretch your ITB, hamstrings, quads, adductors, hip flexors (eg Thomas stretch) for internal femurs. As mentioned earlier by someone you can Google stretches for different things easily. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up