Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exercise during distraction  (Read 509 times)

mslunhil

• Visitor
Exercise during distraction
« on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »

I’m interested in doing STRYDE and I’m wondering when I can start doing simple exercises again. Nothing crazy but stuff like hip raises, frog raises, leg lifts, donkey kicks, etc. I’ve heard people get flat glutes during surgery and I want to prevent that so ideally in addition to PT I’ll do laying down glute workouts and start walking at least a few minutes a day once the doctor approves to keep myself in shape. I’ll probably get some light dumbells and resistance/stretch bands aswell.

Do you think this is adequate in order to keep my glutes and possible to do without causing any damage? I put an example of the workout I’d do below

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/47/51/264751bb5e83a75b083fee647f26c9f8.png

BelowTheMean

Re: Exercise during distraction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 05:02:08 PM »

Most of these exercises are actually the ones you'll be doing during PT. Glute/hip stretches and strength training is a core part of recovering normal walking gait. It's going to be very difficult to prevent flat glutes if you do femurs, but you should be able to recover them quickly after finishing lengthening.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

mslunhil

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 06:19:54 PM »

How long after the surgery will I be able to do the exercises on my own with light weight (10lbs max) and/or resistance band? I wanna do them twice a day with my stretches ideally, maybe walk on treadmill. As soon as possible, I don’t care much about the pain

LegSGo!

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:14 PM »

The Limb Lengthening journey is different for everyone. I would say 6/8 weeks after surgery you should be fine in doing those exercises and more.
Starting Height: 170 cm
Final Height: 177 cm
Procedure: Stryde Femur (11/20/2020 - 02/04/2021)
Doctor: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 07:55:10 PM »

noone can tell. some get crippled, some cannot ever run again, some are happy to be able to walk to the toilet. some can lift heavy again. pray to god 3 times a day and you will become healthy 8)

mslunhil

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 09:42:17 PM »

The Limb Lengthening journey is different for everyone. I would say 6/8 weeks after surgery you should be fine in doing those exercises and more.
Would starting any earlier cause complications or anything like that? Thanks for answering my question :)

permanentlybanned

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 03:03:31 AM »

It is a losing battle to try to retain your glutes during LL. It has already been lost. Don't worry about it, you'll gain it back after regular life resumes. Flat äss is not permanent.
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up